ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole sending items out of the scene without releasing the scene,seems questionable. If I was a Steve I would want the whole place preserved until after trial. I kinda really am on team Steve. JMO.

We don't know yet how Steve feels about this but I would think his PI would be pretty anxious to review what LE releases.

I hope they have cameras all over the place to see who all tries to get a look. JMO
This bothers me. Why do they not want families in the home? Is this still a crime scene, then why move any items.

Moo... After the Virginia Tech Massacre, many families wanted to be on campus, wanted to pack up their child's personal items and yes, see the crime scenes. It was important to them. The school made arranagements with local parents to assist and/or pack up belongings. My friend assisted a family of a deceased student, it was very emotional.

I just can't imagine getting a box of items. I'm thinking, what can the crime scene offer, at this point? Its been touched, photographed, videoed, walked all over, scanned and now dismantled.

All imho....

Does it strike anyone as odd they would make a public announcement about this? Maybe they just want to give the public *some* info because they can't give us much else. Or is this a way to lure in or get some kind of reaction out of a POI?
I think it is to clear up any rumors people will start about why there is activity at the house. We know reporters are standing by and they will speculate about why there are people coming and going.

Law enforcement doesn't always tell the truth in fact they will lie for the greater good. Lying sometimes has the ability to cause a suspect to drop their guard and slip up. They also lie to keep the evidence in a close circle. There are many cases of homicides that the police lied for an ulterior motive, to catch a killer. There are also instances where investigative have given out information to to the wrong people like a Mayor or other city/county official and things were leaked to the media which then impaired the investigation. Look a Diane Feinstein and the "Night Stalker". I do not blame the agencies for keeping all they know close to their vest to catch the killer(s). Also keep in mind this does not have to be an associate or someone any of the victims knew, unfortunately there are individuals in society that look for the opportunity to kill just for their own twisted satisfaction and nothing else.
So far, they did not say a lot, didn't they? If one say nothing, they do not lie and is anyone's guess if they hold something close to their vest, at all.

I'm starting to wonder if this is an Isreal Keyes type individual and just saw a crime of opportunity. Maybe he has killed before, and wanted to try something more exciting with 4 people.
But I do believe it would be easy, in one day of observation of the place (cars, windows, people coming and going) that there are 6 people there. Why not try 6? Or is that part of the thrill, sparing people's lives, thus thinking of yourself as a hero or not-so-bad-of-a-guy?

RELEASE OF CRIME SCENE?
@Soulmagnet Yes, I see your point, LE may want to return to it in the future, but they have taken 3D scans (forgot the proper tech name) and (what 4000?) photos.

Releasing some pers prop items, but not the home/blding-crime scene itself, is not uncommon.

Who would pay rent on the prop until trial which could be months, more likely years. Or, perish the thought, never.
Imo doubtful the prop owner is willing to let it sit vacant w'out rent payments.
Trying to think of any murders where crime scene was held by LE for more than a few months. None coming to mind for me. ANYONE?
imo jmo moo
-------------------------------------------------
ETA: Thank you @layer for your earlier post re Jeffrey McDonald, which was different: housing on a military base.
The Rhoden trailers. Same, but different. JMO

I’m not sure what sort of link you’re requesting. If it’s that the Range Rover was Kaylee’s new vehicle, here’s one of dozens of links:

If you want a link to show that that’s why she visited that weekend? Well, in my opinion, even if we had a recording of her saying that, it wouldn’t prove much—people’s motivations can be complex.

Either way, what importance do you see in it?
I think it was one of the very early interviews with K's family where this was mentioned by her mom.

If it turns out to be important I will locate it. :)

Could the personal effects being removed now be for SG’s PIs?

Anything further on the "certain mail item" that Steve had to sign a waiver for mentioned at about 4:13 of his interview 3 days ago (link below)?
@NyxNY

Not certain; but imo the woman said "email" and the man said "mail."
Was victim's phone (or other device) part of a family-type-plan?

Hello. Can someone tell me on what floors the bathrooms are located in the house? Is there a bathroom on first floor? (Surviving Roomate’s floor)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname