ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link for info about the new job? Ive read everything from internship to high paying position here.
From the NYT, the friend with whom she was moving to Texas talks about the job. Since it's behind a paywall, I'll paraphrase here: [Friend] said she and Goncalves, who was set to graduate in December, were set to move to Austin in June. [Friend] had a job as an elementary school teacher and Goncalves would be working for a marketing firm where she interned.

I like live streams. It’s like sitting on the porch on a busy street. Plenty to see. If my kid frequented the Grub Truck I might occasionally tune in.

I am making an assumption that there is plenty of footage from inside the bar that M&K were at that night.
Lol my kid is a TCP (traffic control person) depending on where she's working we'd watch the traffic cam feed , my youngest watches the feeds from a few places jmoo

3 funerals so far. K's parents have not held one because they are afraid the killer might come. I believe K and M were cremated.
That's interesting......That surely is something to consider. It's also an opportunity for LE to also be there and monitor who comes.

What are the chances the killer murdered the other three in order to disguise their motive? We assume one person was the intended target. What if the other three were killed so that the murder of only one person would not point an immediate finger at someone who may have had a close connection with one of the victims?

Also, could the killer have deliberately inflicted more severe injuries on a person who was not their primary target for the same purpose of disguising the motive?

True crime books over the years have exposed all the methods and clues law enforcement use to find suspects. Who is to say that the killer is not aware of these techniques and deliberately worked to subvert them?
I have no beef with this theory. It doesn't exactly match mine, but I don't believe the one with the worst injuries must be the target.

There are many comments on earlier threads about the cremations of K and M (so those bodies were released), although I do not know which article in the media thread is a source for that.

Anyone know?
actually i think that came from one of the fathers. He mentioned sending a child to school and them coming back in an urn. So i still dont know if that happened yet or not.

What this really does tell me however with both being cremated is that they most likely had wounds that forced cremation.

Last edited:
So it went from Uber to a "private party" to a sorroritys ride service.. What does that even mean? Is there an article or proof backing this up? Is the ride service a frat guy donating his time or is it a taxi company the sorority runs a tab with? With all the talk and speculation of dog location and people hiding in the woods everyone is ok with the ride service story? Sometimes Occams Razor works..

My understanding is that it was a ride service provided by the sorority/greek life. It sounded like some sort of complimentary designated driver program offered to sorority/fraternity orgs in order to help reduce the potential for drunk driving. Doesn't seem unusual to me, I've seen private companies in my community sponsor DD taxi/rideshare rides on new years eve as a sort of corp. advertising.

Initially the hybrid DD rideshare service they used was inaccurately referred to as Uber, and then clarified that it was actually an an uber-like greek-life service.

Sg stated in an interview, I think the same one where he said "means of death don't match" saying he's in communication with other parents. I wondered if he and X's dad discussed injuries.
That could be.

I think I can sense a more co ordinated and strategic approach to the media management now, which can only be a good thing.

The prosecutor has explained clearly about potentially tainting the jury pool if too much detail is put in the public domain; and the piece with the chief himself leading his senior colleagues to collect the victims’ possessions ( and driving the truck himself) was at once moving, demonstrated empathetic leadership, was suitably emotive for the media to focus on, and nothing to do with speculation about the case. 10/10

My heart goes out to all the parents who will receive their dead child’s belongings. It’s beyond contemplation and will surely precipitate a new avalanche of grief for them all. It feels like a good and wise step to take if they have requested it and are being supported ( as they surely must be), by highly trained professionals.

Kubler Ross’s five stages are not linear. Those poor people will have a lifetime of suffering to bear.

In that case, the coroner ought not to have publicly said that the wounds were to the upper body and chest areas, with defensive wounds on X (posted in the last thread, also in the media thread).

I'm very certain that information came from X's father and not something the coroner or LE made public.

I was just over on the Moscow PD webpage, as my daily visit, and noticed that language regarding some of the possible suspects. The page does not use the word "cleared." Instead, it says "believed not to be involved."

IOW, those people are not currently considered suspects, but might still be unnamed POI's (I am guessing some of them are). The next few weeks should be really interesting as some of these people may be re-interviewed. They may know or possess some digital information that could help in this case.

A person can be a POI for a long, long time without being completely cleared OR named publicly as a POI.

Kaylee's parents have referred to Kaylee and Maddie both being cremated. Sure there is more info. I went blank.
i have seen the interview of the father saying you send a child to school and get them back in an urn or something along those lines but that could be plans to be cremated and not having already happened. I havent seen much on memorials, funerals etc which would be common in a school murder with popular kids like this. The one thing that really tells me is that with both being cremated they could have had wounds that forced cremation.

I'm very certain that information came from X's father and not something the coroner or LE made public.

I have to step out - but someone posted a direct quote from the coroner in response to me on thread 23. Coroner did say where the wounds were (it was a newspaper article with an interview with the coroner - it was not an interview with the father),

I'll find it and post it, but it is definitely early in the media thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member