ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's another layer here. This happened near where their son/brother lives and works. You'd think it would be of interest - even neighbors saying, "Oh no, did you hear about the murder near where Bryan lives? Is he okay? Did he know them?" Etc etc.

I don't buy that no one in his family knew. Not in today's worl

he might have discussed it with them- "Yeah, really bad, crime all over these days." "That's why I study it." "Crazy that it was a Elantra; there are a lot of those on campus." IMO

IF he was still on campus, when Elantra was announced, was that he had gone forward to LE (sane thing to do as a criminal justice major). BUT if he was back in PA when it was announced... he could certainly make up a story for his parents.... but students at WSU could have brought that information to LE. ???hmmm.

I think this is it, though not sure on the "incel vibe" comment. Don't see how one can come up with that just from a picture.

That being said, I also don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that he coerced someone else to commit the murders while he observed and then maybe got caught up and joined in or something. Or, at the very least, solicited help. I think that if the "have you arrested anyone else" could be telling. Sure, he could be attempting to introduce reasonable doubt, but I think without a murder weapon, full confessions with details known only to the murderer, or sort of accomplice turning on him, there is already a non-zero amount of reasonable doubt potentially. If he really did preplan this in advance, and is intelligent and spent 4+ years studying criminology, I am not confident this will be a slam dunk case. Perhaps he is legit trying to get away with murder and part of that plan WAS getting caught eventually and then using the legal process as his challenge. Perhaps this is all wrong, but I don't think it is any more or less plausible based on anything else we know at the moment.
He could be trying to taunt and toy with LE and the media. The trial could be a spectacle, he may try to pull stunts, manipulate the system as much as he's able to get away with. But I hope he confesses instead and spares the families.

IMO:
(1) he thought he was careful/clever enough to maybe not be caught, or not right away anyway, and in the mean time he could enjoy watching the whole investigation unfold
and/or
(2) he thought, if he was eventually caught, it would be exciting to be his own "case study"/ be notorious like criminals he was likely dedicating his life to studying (to the point he had already gotten a Masters degree in Criminology and was working on a PhD).
and/or
(3) he has a "death wish" -- cuz after murdering 4 people in Idaho, which has the Death Penalty (Washington where he was living does not, IIRC), if he is convicted, he will likely end up on Death Row and could be put to death eventually, and won't grow old in prison -- "the 'system' will put him out of his misery", or he was kind of hoping for a "suicide by cop" scene that didn't occur
and/or
(4) he thought nothing/feels nothing, and could care less about anything other than his efforts to prove himself an expert at committing "the perfect crime" -- vis a vis, my take on his comment to LE asking them something along the lines of "have you arrested anyone else?" is that he thought he had committed the perfect crime location-wise, since the house had dozens and dozens (if not hundreds) of people's DNA in it, so he thought there would be so much DNA "noise" that LE would have a hard time sorting out suspects, and may have been barking up the wrong tree -- ETA: maybe this was his Achilles' Heel >> He Under Estimated The Heck Out of LE's Capabilities & Dedication, and thought a small town PD would be overwhelmed, well, if that was the case, he's got another Big Think comin'!!

MOO

Last edited:
What about him, with what little we know, makes you think he's a narcissist?

(I'm another one of those anti label types).
When I look at the known facts of the crime and the possible motivations that fit those facts such as misogyny, revenge (probably for a narcissistic injury), or enjoyment, all of the motives point to a narcissist/sociopath/psychopath.

Also, someone already posted a tweet from someone in MSM that included a portion of this quote:

"Roberts started the program in August — along with Kohberger, he said — and had several courses with him. He described Kohberger as wanting to appear academic.

'One thing he would always do, almost without fail, was find the most complicated way to explain something,' he said. 'He had to make sure you knew that he knew it.'"

Source: What We Know About Bryan Kohberger, Suspect in University of Idaho Murders

As averred by the other poster—sorry, I don't recall who it was—that is classic narcissistic behavior.

I'm wondering if this is not his first rodeo.

Stabbing four people to death for your first violent crime is is some debut.

I'm sure LE will look into the unsolved Travis Juetten murder which appears to have a similar MO
There is also an indigenous girl - age 15 - missing in Pullman WA since Thanksgiving 2022. Not saying it is related but the timing and location are pretty coincidental. MOO

Ditto since DAY ONE. I cannot shake it. Even though I vowed to keep my mind wide open to other possibilities. I would bet he studied and admired Bundy extensively.
I wonder how many other crimes he has committed (not saying other murders, but more like a variety pack) to gather data for his survey. Really BIG MOO

Do we know anything about his connections to the victims? Afaik, there is no info - for all we know he is the high school ex of one of the victims. Unlikely, yes, but too early to rule out a very personal motive.
Too old for him to be a high school ex and he’s from PA. But I agree there could be a personal motive still- we know very little!

On this day where the two best friends are to be honored and their lives celebrated, I’m grateful for this arrest . I wonder if LE purposely waited for this day. ( okay, just me being fanciful). I’m also relieved (and sad) for the many side victims of speculation and doxxing. Let’s all light 5 candles thus evening. 4 for the beautiful lives lost and 1 for the family and friends left to grieve.
I'm betting the second the prosector said "you've got enough now" they got their warrant and that was that with some strategic planning with SWAT. JMO

So the suspect had an apartment in Pullman Washington about 10-11 miles from Moscow Idaho. Could this explain the white Hyundai on camera speeding to Pullman Washington from Idaho that was caught on camera weeks ago?

Too early to say if he had accomplices but it is possible so I don’t know why some are ruling that out.

There was actually! IIRC Fry said 'occupants'. I'll see if I can find it...

ETA: Found it.

Chief - So, we have information of a white vehicle that was in the area either, during the time frame of the homicide or around the time frame of the homicide, and we're just wanting to talk to the individuals who were in that vehicle. They may have some valuable information for us and we're looking for a 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra.

Source

Thank's for sharing this, I appreciate that!

So then it doesn't feel like a generic "individual or individuals" notion LE would use when they aren't sure whether more than one person was inside. Seems to me there may be more to this case than just BK...

Unless you were, uh, thinking it might be a good moment to get your Elantra out of Moscow???!!!
I hear your point though and I agree, if I lived in NE PA and had chosen to go to grad school in Western Washington, I’d fly for sure, though it is a beast of a flight/drive. Hour and a half drive to Spokane, at least six hours to Newark NJ (EWR) if you hit the connection perfectly and that’s rare, and then at least two hours drive to Effort, PA, best case. This is more likely a 12-24H undertaking even flying. In an underlying way this brings up something I don’t know if we’ve talked about, which is - why WSU? Desales isn’t blow-the-lights-out academically (source link: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/desales-university-3986), but he was Dean’s List there (source link: Dean’s List for Spring 2019: Traditional Undergraduate Students). Why WSU for PhD track? Unconventional choice, geographically.
Wild speculation ahead!

What if BK committed a felony crime/crimes in or around PA while attending Desales and decided that distance could be helpful in staying under the radar?

It may be all over the news and on the radio..... but there are a lot of people who do not watch TV, who do not listen to the radio. I would say over half of my friends never watch TV news, they for sure don't listen to the radio. A lot of people now days watch streaming services/movies, most never turn on a radio, I have friends from age 35 to 75 and they only watch Netflix or other streaming services, and rather than radio they listen to albums/streaming services/etc.
<modsnip> I scan headlines on the web and pick and choose. I also am interested in true crime (hence my presence here). I can see how some people can have this off their radar and miss the entire case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member