ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve followed cases since I was a child, as I’ve always been obsessed with crime. I couldn’t commit the perfect murder, at least anything on the level of this. DNA and cameras are just too much to overcome in many cases.

These morons always think they’re smart enough to get away with it, but it just isn’t that easy.
Yes, really. Very sane and circumspect people aren't likely to commit extreme crimes these days, no matter how much they may want to. I'm beginning to suspect that the perp in this case might have had some psychological issues that clouded his judgement.

we do not know what he did with his clothing, the murder weapon, if he cleaned he car. we also do not know if he drove "straight" back to PA or stopped along the way. LE may know but we do not. we do not know if he had made that drive before or had flown and, a little like with Brian Laundrie, we do not know what if anything he told his parents.
Hopefully, at 28 yo, his mom isn't till doing his laundry, regardless.

6” 185lbs, if accurate he’s a well-built guy. And if the friend who said he enjoys boxing as a workout is correct, probably has amazing stamina and balance along with upper body strength.
Explains why he didn't see E as much of a threat, maybe imo.

I thought it was odd that he wanted his aunt and uncle to buy non-meat pots; was he living with them? Wanting non-meat pots hardly sounds like an indication of criminal propensity. Source: My bf uses his own pots to cook meats and I have my own non-meat pots; neither of us are murderers.

I think it's probably the totality of his oddities. I have a friend who's early 30-something son has some very freaky behavior, still living at home, no job, no dating. I can't imagine him killing anyone, but I do think the totality of his oddities is indicative of some concerning OCD issues. Then parents live in total denial.

If it’s Jose Baez I’m officially leaving true crime forever
As long as it's not Nancy Grace prosecuting, I'll be okay. ;)

"AND... HE...ASKED THEM FOR NON-MEAT POTS... ON A WEDNESDAY, NO LESS!!!" (Note to self: if NG prosecutes, contact @OckhamsRazor22 for emergency tequila)

Someone who practices in Idaho.
That could be a lot of CA, WA, OR, even CO attys, too.

Not sure if this has been posted, probably has. I can't possibly scroll and roll through this many pages.

This is him receiving his Masters Degree in Criminal Justice from DeSales University in May 2022, in Allentown, PA:

Wow his facial expression!? Everyone else is so happy and looks like they're beaming with such a sense of accomplishment, while he just looks dead inside.
MOO

Just piping in to say that was one of the more frustrating press conferences I've seen; why not have a press release instead if you plan to answer no questions from the media...
There are laws preventing them from talking about the suspect when he has not been served in Idaho or appeared in front of a judge in Idaho. This could take a very long time if he fights extradition. They answered all the questions they could. I'm happy for the team that they were able to announce and celebrate an arrest today, Fry was visibly choked up during his statement.

The press conference went the way most always go, at least in the immediate aftermath of an arrest in a high-profile case. The main reason for these type press conferences, imo, is to answer a few basic questions, but mainly to allow the leaders in LE and the prosecution to have positive moments before the cameras. We're in the stage now where these leaders will make numerous appearances on major network news sources (and in print), where they will reveal no key details of the crime/investigation, but will garner national attention, boosting their careers and future prospects. This is not me offering a cynical take; it is the reality of our here and now - the symbiotic relationship between mass media's reach and the need/desire for LE in major cases to make huge progress in their own careers. This is the cusp of 2023.

specifically "ultra vegan" is what I was looking for. I'm not even sure what that means so I was curious.

I’m sorry. I think that ‘ultra vegan’ is just an extrapolation of the idea that he wouldn’t want to eat food that had been cooked in a pot that had once been used to cook meat. I think that that goes beyond the rules that many vegans would use.

MOO

"Slavishly follow the news."

Do you guys really never have conversations with other people in the world about current events? Do you really never speak about your lives to anyone else? I find this fascinating. My parents' friends and neighbors ask about my brother and I all the time. How's Alethea doing up in Boston, how's Alethea's brother doing down in Atlanta? Did you hear about the snow in Buffalo? Did you see there was another shooting, so sad. These are normal things that normal people talk about.

The idea that not one person in BK's family's social circle has ever watched the news and connected that their son is at school 10 minutes from the most-covered crime story in 6 months is just wild.
Does the average person in Pennsylvania even know that Idaho is adjacent to Washington? Does his social circle/family in Pennsylvania know that his branch of WSU is that close to the Idaho border? Do they know that the UOI branch is in Moscow? Geography isn’t many people’s strong point, especially when it comes to obscure towns many states away.

This was definitely a case where the FBI provided major support to the locals.
Bless them.
Right, agreed. I think it's much more likely that he lied to everyone that he already went to LE, maybe he even told them he was helping with the investigation as a soon-to-be Doctor of Crime. He allegedly didn't flee home after the crime so maybe that alleviated the suspicion. Would he stay there if he did it? But I just don't buy his family "not knowing" about this crime.
I believe them. I live in New England and no one I know is familiar with this crime. I heard it’s been covered on national news but when I ask people they have not heard. (I‘m slightly obsessed so that’s my way of making conversation and I usually get polite bewildered stares …)

Not possible to begin WSU fall 2021 if he graduated DeSales May 2022.

Confirming he entered fall 2022.

You are correct - I had misinformation at that point. So he arrived in August or thereabouts and committed a quadruple homicide 3 months later.

I wonder if this is his first time really living away from home, being solo, having the actual opportunity. So reminiscent of Attias and Rodger at UCSB. The stories I'm hearing about KB's youth are chilling, really. Moderately red flags, but so many young people fall into the same category.

Where did he get his Master's in criminology? I thought DeSales didn't have such a degree. Is that confirmed and if so, where, please?

It's possible, but that would be lightning fast for a genealogical DNA hit. I take anonymous sources with a grain of salt.
Yep. I totally believe they had a full profile AND a suspect - and that they went to the suspect's home and got DNA from a car door or trash or whatever. Easy peasy. Even if just parental DNA, easy to connect him.

No need for genealogical research if you have the parents' DNA. From the trash. Or a car door. Or a McDonald's cup.

I doubt if Moscow would send anyone to Pennsylvania to process a car. Anyone like the Pennsylvania State Police can process the car but nothing earthshaking is coming out of the car except possibly the murder weapon. the car won’t be going anywhere. It can’t be hauled into a courtroom so photos will suffice.
For me, I think a jury will be highly impressed if DNA from the victims from blood cells is found in that Elantra.

Juries have a hard time understanding DNA, but they will understand this case. Having hard evidence that he had victims' blood in his car is the clencher, putting things beyond reasonable doubt. IMO. Highly valuable at trial.

No photos needed, just expert testimony and a description of the DNA sampling from the car. I wonder if it will light up with luminol or similar. At any rate, very hard to destroy all the DNA from blood cells. Even with bleach.

Which makes me think that maybe his criminology studies didn't include much bioscience.

That gave me pause until I saw that he’s a student at University of Washington. If that’s the Pullman campus, it’s like 15 miles from Moscow. I guess now we wait for the gruesome details of his mental state and motive.
He was a doctoral student at Washington State University (which is in Pullman in eastern WA) and not at University of Washington (which is in Seattle in western WA).

There are laws preventing them from talking about the suspect when he has not been served in Idaho or appeared in front of a judge in Idaho. This could take a very long time if he fights extradition. They answered all the questions they could. I'm happy for the team that they were able to announce and celebrate an arrest today, Fry was visibly choked up during his statement.
Yes, a real ringer! LE must have been over the moon arresting & announcing on the same day as the memorial for K&M this evening & before the year was out! Hurray!! Chief Fry & the LE Team are The Heroes of the Year in my book!

In general I don’t like to speculate either.

I did preface this speculation of mine as MOO. And expressed it more in question theory form based off of the questions reporters asked during press conference about any other people who may or may not be involved.

For me personally.

I do believe he is the murderer. That LE has concrete forensic evidence which proves without a doubt he committed these crimes.

But I’m not leaving out the possibility that he had an accomplice the police were not aware of before the arrest.

Yesterday they were full steam ahead to fully clean and sanitize the house.

Today there is a court order to halt that.

They knew yesterday he was going to be arrested in the night.

Only thing that could throw a curveball in cleanup plans in my opinion would be information they received from arrest early this morning.
His PD may have asked for the crime scene to be preserved.

That's a possibility. A relation has said he was OCD about his vegan eating, which might be a sign of paranoia. And I don't see any prior convictions, which you might expect to find with a sociopath. As I said before, the most interesting part of this case is beginning to develop. I take nothing for granted.

Obsessive–compulsive symptoms (OCS) are frequently observed during the course of schizophrenia. OCS/OCD can manifest in those at ultra-high risk for psychosis, during prodromal psychotic state, in the first episode of schizophrenia, during the course of chronic schizophrenia and after treatment with atypical antipsychotics.[2] The occurrence of OCS can range anywhere between 5% and 30%.[3] Although OCS are also common in the general population and in those with other psychiatric disorders,[4,5] those at ultra-high risk for psychosis appear to have a higher frequency of OCS than the general population.
Prodromal just means the stages between early to full onset. In schizophrenia, some prodromal symptoms/markers (e.g. OCD) can even occur in the early teens before full onset in mid to late 20s.

My opinion.

Notice that in his photo at the police station that he’s wearing a anti-stab vest.
That is not an anti-stab vest. It is an anti-suicide gown. I posted that on the last thread. I also posted that he is high profile. He will be in a high security cell in solitary under suicide watch. He will be on camera and also Officers will have to perform suicide checks for mental health and security checks in one of these durations;

Constant suicide checks where Officer's are stationed to observe 24/7.
15 minute checks
1/2 hour checks or 1 hour checks.

Due to the fact that he is high profile, he will be on constant or 15 minute checks.
I have done hundreds upon hundreds of those checks throughout my career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann