NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been mention of a town/city/county in Michigan as the destination/midpoint of CP's trip?

We do NOT sleuth family members, but Google Maps can be a great tool:

Crossing Ohio, if that's really where he went.

Charlotte to Detroit, about a 10 hour drive straight through:

Any of our posters live near this route?

@IceIce9 is in Indiana iirc, depends on where in Michigan -- if he went to Michigan at all -- CP was.

Last edited:
It is doubtful DC searched her neighborhood looking for M. She never reported this to LE. I'd be surprised to learn DC ever talked to a neighbor in the approximately 5 years she lived in that house.
I think DC is, by nature, untrusting of Law Enforcement, government and persons of authority...moo

Last edited:
One more thing, if it's true, is DC telling her sister she woke up feeling the after effects of being drugged. I wonder if that's a clue about how this may have happened, if MC was drugged too.
RSBM

I tend to think this is perception management on the part of DC (I was drugged, so IDK what happened to my daughter, and she might have been drugged, too). I didn’t see much of that early on and wondered if she was even capable of it. But the new interview with her sister demonstrates that she is quite capable, at least wrt to her family, imo.

But maybe they were both drugged. One can hope that whatever happened to M, she wasn’t aware of it.

If Diana truly looked for Madalina in the neighblur hood, night and day, as she (or relatives) claim, surely there is Ring Doorbell or other camera footage to support that. Yet no one has come forward with such footage. Some of the neighbours are here on WS and some on the Facebook group about M’s disappearance. The only thing brought forward by neighbours was that burning went on, in the back yard went on for days.
T
DC’s claims stink. One minute claims she fears going out, because of being followed, the next saying she searched night and day?
DC is not believable.
Yes. I believe it is true that DC fears going out. From DC's behavior and reported accounts, DC seems somewhat paranoid. DC searching night and day does not sound believable.

RSBM

I tend to think this is perception management on the part of DC (I was drugged, so IDK what happened to my daughter, and she might have been drugged, too). I didn’t see much of that early on and wondered if she was even capable of it. But the new interview with her sister demonstrates that she is quite capable, at least wrt to her family, imo.

But maybe they were both drugged. One can hope that whatever happened to M, she wasn’t aware of it.
I agree that the possibility of DC being drugged is an intriguing admission, although there is no way to verify it. And it doesn't seem to match the rest of her movements, such as burning items.
As for the possibility of MC also being drugged, that could be, but it doesn't fit well with the "fact" (also unverified) that her backpack and some clothes were missing - although I can see an alternative that would include that.
All in all, there are just so many things about this case that are more confusing, and the more we are told, the more confusing it gets.

RSBM

I wonder if these sudden statements coming out of Moldova from so-called family members are credible?

Has there been mention of a town/city/county in Michigan as the destination/midpoint of CP's trip?

@IceIce9 is in Indiana iirc, depends on where in Michigan -- if he went to Michigan at all -- CP was.
Just to clarify from my post-there was no sleuthing of family. You can find this person and their post in hashtags regarding MC. I wasn’t looking for family, just came across it and honestly found it unnerving that CPs family for some reason believe she is is some how in the same location as his trip to MI & posted this publicly.

Snipped.

This link was on a page of a family member of CP staying it was the P family who wrote the letter.
This person also has a separate post where they make reference to MC being her cousin and that the family believes she is “somewhere between Michigan and North Carolina.” I’m not sure if it’s allowed to post this here?
I do not believe it can be posted here. CP's extended family members are not suspects or POI's so we can't post things that we sleuth from their FB pages.

But yes, one of CP's siblings did include that statement with Madalina's missing person flyer. It was speculation on their part but it goes to show that the particular sibling believe CP is involved and weren't defending him in any way. Also IMO, it confirms that CP traveled to Michigan over Thanksgiving although I haven't seen it stated as verified by LE.

Christopher Palmiter graduated from Grand Ledge High School in Michigan. Some of the family have moved outside of that area but it was still home for a majority. Grand Ledge is a very small rural farming town. Population under 10K. IMO, it's the type of town where "everyone knows everyone".

I don't know how often CP visited family in Michigan but I assume that it was a route that he was very familiar with. If I were CP doing what many of us speculate he was doing on that drive, I would have my phone turned off so towers aren't pinged and I would take a detour somewhere off the main route. I'm afraid that CP may be the only person that knows Madalina's exact location.

Just to clarify from my post-there was no sleuthing of family. You can find this person and their post in hashtags regarding MC. I wasn’t looking for family, just came across it and honestly found it unnerving that CPs family for some reason believe she is is some how in the same location as his trip to MI & posted this publicly.
The route that is posted has toll roads, which usually have cameras. They could see if he did indeed go through those toll booths.

I don’t see this anywhere-maybe I’ve missed it- is MCs bio dad in the picture? I can’t seem to find anything to say he’s been notified, or whatever, usually when a step parent is involved it’s mentioned.

Wonder why the judge had a higher bond for the mother than the father. Guess who most everyone suspects...
We believe it is because she has relatives abroad, and originates from a foreign country. She (mother) might have ties to places where the she can NOT be extradited to face charges in the USA.
DC might not be a US citizen yet and might hold more than one passport. Even without a passport, people get in and out of the country. Hence the ankle monitor order if DC (& step-dad) are released.
This was discussed in thread #1, but that’s about 50 pages of reading to locate WS Member thoughts on this.

As this case progresses, (and I’m hoping good, solid evidence is found) ….. they raise both their bonds into the million $ range.
I want neither escaping justice for Madalina, regardless if she is alive, deceased, drugged, sold into the sex trade, the weird cult like religious views, or any other theory out there.

Hope fades for me every passing hour. With the snow storm of the century occurring between her home and the supposed step dad’s trip to Michigan, any evidence might be buried until spring thaw, unfortunately.

Just don't think the mother is exceptionally bright, especially saying she asked if anyone had seen her daughter - easily investigated. Then, she tells the school her daughter is missing but not the police. I think she'll break, confess what happened.

Just don't think the mother is exceptionally bright, especially saying she asked if anyone had seen her daughter - easily investigated. Then, she tells the school her daughter is missing but not the police. I think she'll break, confess what happened.
Has it been confirmed that she reported her missing to the guidance counselor who then called the school resource officer in so that DC could tell him/her, as well? If that is the case, she did report her missing to police (our SROs are sworn officers; the one at her school is employed by Cornelius Police Department).

Has it been confirmed that she reported her missing to the guidance counselor who then called the school resource officer in so that DC could tell him/her, as well? If that is the case, she did report her missing to police (our SROs are sworn officers; the one at her school is employed by Cornelius Police Department).
Yes, that appears to be the case and LE has confirmed. Here’s the arrest report which explains how it unfolded:

Basically the school attempted a home visit but no one answered the door so they left a truancy packet. Then the counselor finally convinced Diana to come in with Madalina to discuss her absences.

When Diana showed up without Madalina the counselor requested the resource officer to sit in on the meeting. Diana then disclosed that Madalina was missing and the officer filed a report with Cornelius police.

Yes, that appears to be the case and LE has confirmed. Here’s the arrest report which explains how it unfolded:

Basically the school attempted a home visit but no one answered the door so they left a truancy packet. Then the counselor finally convinced Diana to come in with Madalina to discuss her absences.

When Diana showed up without Madalina the counselor requested the resource officer to sit in on the meeting. Diana then disclosed that Madalina was missing and the officer filed a report with Cornelius police.
How long does it take a school in NC, legally speaking, to report a missing student?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member