ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I'm annoyed SG said he found a connection. That would be the Idaho defense attorney's dream: an excuse that he was in the house for a friendly beer or two.
Ditto. Basically, here, let me throw some reasonable doubt out for you.

Not sure that would be enough to sway a jury with 2 surviving roommates likely saying they’d never seen or heard tell of him.
And IMO JMO me spitballing, but after the 2 roommates said they didn't know him, hadn't seen him, I can imagine the defense rolls up and asks the two roommates if they were always with Kaylee 24/7 - and we know that they were not. Then the defense asks if someone could ever have been at the house with Kaylee when the 2 roommates were not there, and of course, the answer has to be that there could have been. Then the defense asks if they knew every person Kaylee knew and then the defense trots in a few people they definitely didn't know. Better still if the unknowns were at the house without the 2 roommates and/or during a party. Then the defense asks the 2 if they were always at every party and met and remembered everyone - and probably someone can't remember everyone. And on it goes, chipping away, bringing reasonable doubt in small increments. Just quick examples, but MY biggest fear is that if there was friendly contact via a chat or a coffee visit, etc. and then that really expands the potential RD options. And that is why I hated to see that put out there by SG. Of course, that would have come out anyway, but just better to let LE/the prosecution handle that. And all imo jmo just guessing.

Yeah long, desolate drive for much of the way knowing your son is a stone cold killer.
IMO JMO 'stone cold killer' would suck, but there are actually really beautiful parts of that drive imo jmo and can be fun.

Good question. Maybe they had a trusted mechanic who they knew would charge a reasonable rate.
Make a 37 hour drive (one way) and putting 5k miles on a 7 year old car to take it to your favorite trusted mechanic? The more I try to understand this road trip with Dad, it just makes no sense. I think the parents had an inkling he was in trouble.

A part of me has to think he probably stashed that weapon somewhere he had picked long before he committed the crime. So he could go back to it anytime he wanted (as a souvenir).

I'm interested in the reporting stating that he was being tracked as he drove across the country. It could mean a variety of things. And if he was confident enough to take the knife with him on that cross country trip, and assuming he dumped it (i doubt he did), could the way LE tracked him account for places where he stopped?

Do you think he bought the knife in the Pennsylvania area? Recently or had it for some time?

Make a 37 hour drive (one way) and putting 5k miles on a 7 year old car to take it to your favorite trusted mechanic? The more I try to understand this road trip with Dad, it just makes no sense. I think the parents had an inkling he was in trouble.

I think either reason is possible.
I hope we get insight in the near future.

Hmmmmm. I just had thought to share. In previous threads/ links there were comments made about how KG was aware of her surroundings when she was worried about the possible stalker and she would take photo Ann’s/or video. MY OPINION: I would be great if the cliffhanger connection was a photo or video of BK on her phone showing him in the background or with a side from her stating he gave her the creeps or was following her. Far away enough to show that he wasn’t actually part of her group. Even if she did not show anyone said photo or point him out to anyone I’m sure LE has gone thru her pictures and could possibly pick him out in the background.

Just speculation on my part . If anyone doesn’t agree no need to argue just scroll on by.
Thank you
I like it. A connection will be revealed even if it doesn't turn out to be an "Aha" moment.
MOO

As PA resident (who actually drove the PA Tpk today! ☺️) I can tell you that transponders are being phased out, if they haven’t been already. I still have a transponder in my center console, but I don’t have to use it any longer. When you go through the tollbooth, your license plate is recorded and the Tpk Comm (or whomever - IDK because DH handles ours) just bills you.
I too am a resident I drive I81 have no experience with the turnpike. I just found the r pass link and found it interesting. Thanks for your input. Now I know

“Denial” is a very potent & powerful antidote in that surmising.

Do most PhD students get grants and stipends that cover their tuition and living expenses?

Yes, students can receive funds when studying for their PhD. A friend academically scholarshipped to the Air Force Academy. Then, after receiving his Bachelor's, the AFA offered him a free scholarship for their Master's program. There is a big boatload of money in education.

"One of the biggest perks of pursuing a PhD is that you get paid for it. A PhD stipend is a monthly allowance given every month to students to cover their daily expenses, research, and accommodation."

What is a PhD Stipend?

Screenshot 2022-12-31 7.11.13 PM.png

Results - PhD Stipends

Ditto. Basically, here, let me throw some reasonable doubt out for you.
That could be true, but it could also be a fairly moot point. If they found his DNA in general locations throughout the house then yes, that could be a problem, but there is probably DNA of 100 people in that house. They probably have DNA from under one of the fingernails or in some of the blood that was found, which would be much more difficult for a defense attorney to refute.

As PA resident (who actually drove the PA Tpk today! ☺️) I can tell you that transponders are being phased out, if they haven’t been already. I still have a transponder in my center console, but I don’t have to use it any longer. When you go through the tollbooth, your license plate is recorded and the Tpk Comm (or whomever - IDK because DH handles ours) just bills you.
Yep, that's how it is in central Texas. There were numerous toll companies in Texas, (our tolls are local tolls, not state) so then you need to buy a pass for each company! Forget it. Now, it just reads your plate and you get a bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCPstudy