ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you in LE that contribute here:

With this being a well discussed case not just here but SM and MSM in general, what are the chances that he will be wearing ‘protective’ clothing when he is visible to others outside of LE/ FBI?

I know as a parent, if I was in the heartbreaking situation that the parents of the Moscow students are in right now, the LAST thing I would want to see is someone else taking matters/law into their own hands and eliminating this individual. I can only speak for myself but I would want to see him in court, hoping and praying for possible answers to questions I would have.
Just my opinion

yep
why didn't they just interview the brother directly ( he's already done separate interviews this week) rather than ask the sister to relay what the brother has said.
<modsnip: off topic>
The only bit that interests me is whether his alleged personality change did in fact occur following an alleged rehab stint.
I'd be interested in the style of rehab and whether it factored in his subsequent development.
But, you know, I'm writing those words with a huge awareness that I'm whistling in the wind..it might not even be true.
Some one who knows a first cousin of the uncle of the brother of an alleged policeman who has been so overwhelmed by it all that he told his mates at the club..

Like, seriously?

It's gone beyond insane IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
So will the affidavit be unsealed right after this court appearance?

Will we have access to the information right away?

Not after tomorrow’s hearing.

We hope that it’ll be unsealed after his first court appearance in Idaho, but we can’t know. His lawyer could want it to remain sealed, which would lead to more court hearings and delay.

We do know that it won’t be unsealed BEFORE his first Idaho hearing.

MOO I am not a lawyer

I think generally speaking, you'd be surprised how little people pay attention to some things. Especially in another state and city
He was relatively close though?

Now I just listened to the video in the article here and ironically they mention no one they talked to thought to report a

So will the affidavit be unsealed right after this court appearance?

Will we have access to the information right away?
Watching the press conference last week I had the feeling that Moscow LE told us that they would release the info as soon as BK was in Idaho and charged. I'm thinking Wednesday the way things are going thus far? Cannot wait to read through it. Hopefully a lot of our questions will be answered.

Agree. The users I knew also took percs when they couldn't get meth to keep them going. He may have done the same. His teeth will tell the story if we see him smiling *shudder*.
Here ya go..
I don’t really think teeth are always clear evidence of meth use, crowns, bridges, and/or veneers can fix any damage meth has done.

1FF763A7-AFCA-4094-B5FC-7CEF01B8760D.jpeg
Photo link

so was his car at his apartment the entire time he's been there? No one called it in?
Good point, because a 2015 looks almost identical to a 2011-2013. Begs the question>> If he was innocent, why didn't he call in his own car? Yeah...it was a 2015..but out of caution I'd call in my car even if it was a 2015....unless I had something to hide.

I thought the same thing about there being so many people coming out of the woodwork now. There is whole lot being noticed (and mentioned) now in hindsight, isn't there? It's concerning because the vast majority of these things were not seen or considered as red flags or creepy back when they happened.
Right? People selectively recall information consistent with what they now know to be true. It's a cognitive bias, though I can't remember which one.

I have a close family member who was and probably still is a meth user. It is pure he double LL to deal with. Meth users literally lose their minds. It is go go go for days til they crash. Steal from anybody. Lie. Live in their cars packed down with possessions and go from sofa to sofa.

Just reading about BK’s rapid weight loss (and ability to keep it off), the running long distances, gaunt looking, up all night per neighbors. Coffee drinking - which meth users do to boost their high with caffeine. I really believe meth was his thing. Not heroin. Would not doubt if he was using meth in WA.
<modsnip> I have had many friends who were successful in their careers, and what might be called functioning meth addicts for decades, and none of the things you are saying accurately describe them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, Brian Entin, a reporter, says that the story isn’t true—that it was a different jail inmate who behaved like that.
I’m tentatively ready to assume that Entin has the right story—until further notice, at least. However, I’m not about to assume that Entin always gets his stories right! We’ll see. Many news stories to come—both true and false.
@wary Thanks for the clarification.
For anyone who did not notice the tail end of my post, I had made an earlier edit to add the link to DM story and to specify his (ALLEGED) actions. Too late for me to ediat again to snip any further clarification.
------------------------------------------
"His "unusual behavior" in PA jail now --- real? Or a ruse which he thinks may help him? IDK.
[EDIT: Adding link re his (alleged) actions in jail.
'I cut them, I'll cut you': Idaho 'killer' shows genitals in jail rant ]
-----------------------------------------

Did he have a roommate at the time of the murders? I’m sure this has been thoroughly discussed but haven’t seen mention although I admit to skimming.

The girls were drunk. Have you ever tried to wake u a drunk 20something woman who just ate some good greasy food? Some of my friends you could literally push on them up and down on the bed like a make a wave pool with their mattress and they still wouldn't get up lol. Or think of all the poor people who have passed out at parties and what has become of them.
Not just the girls, there are 20 something guys who pass out into drunk sleep too. Faces painted and white out nails.

Yes! I asked earlier if he had been given his Idaho public defender yet since the Pennsylvania public defender will only handle the extradition hearing portion and not be going to Idaho with him.

Someone responded to me saying they did not know for sure but knew that Idaho requires 2 public defenders to represent someone in a death penalty case.

I’m sorry I don’t have the link or source anymore, I’ll try to find it to see if that is accurate or the law in Idaho for death penalty cases. But honestly it sounded reasonable.

Hope this helps clear up the two lawyer confusion.
Gosh — I hope my comment wasn’t the source for the confusion! I recently (previous thread or two or three) commented that Idaho’s 2nd judicial district (where Moscow is) doesn’t currently have even a single capital qualified public defender, let alone the two required.

https://pdc.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/IdahoCapitalCounselRoster20221215.pdf

I.C.R. 44.3. Standards for the Qualification of Appointed Counsel in Capital Cases. | Supreme Court

Burglary just means he entered into a place with the intent to commit a crime; that doesn't necessarily mean he broke in. He could have entered in thru an unlocked door, as several people have speculated in several previous threads.

Thank you for the link though, I haven't seen any reports that he was actually tracked cross country. I've seen discussions but never saw an actual news report.

Burglary vs. Breaking and Entering

It used to be that, to convict someone of burglary, the prosecution had to prove that the defendant forced his way into the building, or that he was guilty of breaking into the building, and then entering it. This could mean that he broke a window or perhaps damaged a door to gain access to the building. Today, however, using any amount of force, no matter how small, can be considered breaking and entering. This can include lifting a window that has already been left partially open, and then crawling through it and into the building.

DNA can come from a lot of sources. Sweat, saliva, blood, urine, mucus, tears, semen, ear wax, skin, hair, etc. We have zero idea of what the scene contained. There may have been something obvious that was a foreign DNA sample. Heck, he might have used the toilet and not flushed.

Part of me wants to know what DNA and where found and part of me does not.
Whatever he left there I would imagine was by accident. Long ago I took a few criminology classes. I studied sociology but it was part of the requirement. If he idolized these people, convicted killers, he probably learned from their mistakes. I’m sure he did everything to ensure he wouldn’t leave behind enough that would for sure convict him. Someone else here predicted he may have left someone else’s dna at the scene to distract or confuse LE. I feel that is very likely. Especially since he asked if anyone else had been detained. He is confident - still. Just my opinion

Those do look yellow and rotten though, hard to tell if it's just the picture quality. His face and skin screams drugs.

He looks more malnourished or just too thin. His eyes look about the same in every photo I've seen. I'm not ruling drugs out, just seeing an extremely thin individual, with an unsettling countenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member