ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of questions.

2) given the interstate nature of his alleged crime, why isn’t the federal government prosecuting this case? He crossed state lines and the FBI was instrumental to his capture.

Crossing state lines doesn't really mean anything unless it involves a child or a bank robbery/federal land/federal property. It was a states case and they got the help of the FBI and other departments.

I'm sure she did. She's known since Day 1 that her name would be in it, IMO. And I do believe she's got support.

But this is why LE was so careful not to tip him off, never addressed the widespread view that she was on the first floor, etc. That lulled BK into a false sense of security (because he's not smart and he was in denial about the importance of leaving the sheath behind - something that a certain anonymous poster on Reddit said happened, a poster who knew MANY details of this crime not otherwise released, someone who was, IMO, BK).
i am not sure about that. i wonder if he didn't think it was only the four in the house, and in finding out there were two more people he didn't know about, was getting nervous just hearing that in the news.

i am very curious to find out more, but it is just heartbreakingly sick to read what they all went through.

i am so glad, for some reason, that they each had someone they cared for beside them. that, for me, is a big comfort to this tragedy.

I do feel bad for DM. Unfortunately, these new details will lead to even more speculation and criticism against DM and her actions/inactions on that night. The poor girl must have been terrified and didn't ask for any of this.

At the same time, one can't help but wonder if any of the victims' lives could have been saved if only 911 was called sooner. It's tragic to think that the victims may have been bleeding out -- or even still asleep and unharmed as BK stalked toward them -- while DM listened through her door and didn't do anything. Was she too panicked or intoxicated to act?

The only people who will be criticizing the surviving roommates are those judgemental people who think they themselves would react a certain way. The bottom line is, the roommates were probably intoxicated, tired, didn't have context to know what was actually going on and absolutely nothing that happened is their fault. The only person at fault is (allegedly) Bryan Kohberger. If he didn't break in and stab these kids repeatedly they would not be dead.

I’m not sure, because the way the info is laid out, DM heard noise from up in K’s room before she heard X’s cries (I hate having to type that). But it also could’ve been X who said someone was there?

I’m so overwhelmed with information that it’s hard to keep track of everything and fully understand. Hope others chime in here.
I think he entered on the third floor. KGs room where dog was-this the barking g and “someone’s here” (maybe). Went out the second after being confronted by x and e. Terrifying.

She said she saw a dark figure though. I’m confused why not call 911? IIRC who did call 911 in the afternoon the day after, another person using a roommates phone? Or am I wrong?
We don't know everything she saw and thought and felt. It's the rare person who has experienced what she has. I can feel curious about her actions but I'm not going to translate that curiousity into publicly questioning her. That's what I would want done for me if I was in her place.

It is confusing. But I will give her the benefit of doubt. Maybe she had been drinking or whatever. She was confused, went back to her room and fell asleep. Easy enough to understand.

Hey, Mickey (good to see you). I find it very hard to understand, but I can envision it happening. Perhaps she was awakened from a deep sleep, still in a dreamy state. If not fully awake, some people are able to walk around almost like sleepwalking. Would love to hear from other WSers about their own sleep patterns and fear reactions. The brain can do a really good job shutting out terrifying information when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500