NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logically there are only 2 options to take from this interaction with LE - either LE checked the trunk and M wasn't in it, or else LE didn't check the truck and M may/may not have been in it. Do we know definitely if LE checked the trunk?
I might have missed something would they have had probable cause to check the trunk? I've been pulled over before myself, as I assume a lot of drivers have, and no one's ever asked to check my trunk.

I haven't seen a date listed for when the deputy saw DC. Articles that I've read say the deputy saw her sometime in the weeks before Madalina was reported missing. It asks for anyone that saw anything between Nov 21-Dec 15, to please come forward.

The deputy obviously has an idea of, if not an exact date, when he saw her. Why isn't it being released? Wouldn't that help people think back with a narrower window of time? Seems like they're being vague for a reason. Maybe DC made multiple trips there during those weeks.

Also, I'm wondering if DC and CP shared one vehicle or if each had their own. I only saw the Prius being towed away and based on their finances, it seems possible that they may have shared one car. If that's the case, DC couldn't have been in Madison County while CP was in Michigan.

Along that same possibility, if one of the parents harmed Madalina at home and took her body to Michigan or Madison County, a cadaver dog can smell residue decomposition scents for about 35 days after a 2 minute exposure and 65 days for a 10 minute exposure. So LE should know if a body was ever in that Prius. If it's a shared car, that doesn't help narrow it down between the two parents but LE would still know quite a bit.

Madalina could have been harmed elsewhere but given the burning of the things in the backyard, my guess is that there's a greater chance that it happened in the home.

My initial thought when I saw the headline was that maybe she was a kiddo who had run away several times. That would explain (??? kinda, but not at all) their wait to report her missing. Obviously, this is not the case at all.
If she had run away several times, wouldn’t M have missed school? Where I live, the parent or guardian has to call in all absences. If we don’t, the school secretary or clerk calls all contact numbers to make sure the child is safe and accounted for. We *have* to list more than one number. Lot of choices and we can list multiple……Home, cell, workplace, grandparent, other relative, older sibling, babysitter, a neighbour.
Even a single parent, no family around, new to the area must have at least 2.

Just to offer a different perspective re: social media pics, I know many moms who never put pics of their kids on their own social media, because they're protecting the child(rens) privacy. I think it's a very smart idea.
Fair enough, but I think most of us would agree that it is very unlikely that this parent was out to protect her child from harm.

Logically there are only 2 options to take from this interaction with LE - either LE checked the trunk and M wasn't in it, or else LE didn't check the truck and M may/may not have been in it. Do we know definitely if LE checked the trunk?
I missed something. Why would LE check trunk? No one even knew she was missing, did they?

CP not asking about Madalina earlier does not vibe with the neighbor claiming that he was usually seen spending the most time with her. Unless it was common for Madalina to be sent somewhere else or spent time elsewhere. Does DC have family in the area that maybe Madalina would go spend time with making it normal for her not to be home? It is common in my family for the kids to visit other relatives for weekends or breaks, so I was just trying to think of other options here.

TIMELINE UPDATES in RED
(I stepped a way for a few days for the holidays; please @ me with links if I missed anything!)

M = Madalina Cojocari, 11-year-old missing from home at 18413 Victoria Bay Rd, Cornelius, NC
SDadCP = stepfather Christopher Palmiter
MomDC = mother Diana Cojocari; extended family are “well-known and well-connected musicians in Moldova” [25]; father is a teacher and mother an accountant [31]

----------------------------------------

~2011
M is born

MomDC participates in Eastern European weight loss TV show; gets engaged during filming to SDadCP, whom she did not know prior [27]

JUL 8, 2020
MomDC posts FB video with comment "Is something wrong of being violent?" - VIDEO

? OCT (“end of October”)
MomDC and M last communicated with M’s grandfather (MomDC’s father) in Moldova [22]

W NOV 16
According to SDadCP, this was the last time he saw M [15]

M NOV 21 - MADALINA COJOCARI LAST SEEN ------------------------------------------------------------------
According to school counselor, this was the last time M attended school [15] - cf T NOV 22
4:59PM - M recorded disembarking from school bus at her stop [18]
View attachment 389079

SOMETIME BETWEEN T NOV 22 TO Th DEC 15
According to CPD, “one of the family members [MomDC] was in the Madison County area of NC” with a Toyota Prius between 22 Nov and 15 Dec [32]; deputy stopped to check on her at pull-off area west of Marshall, near Lonesome Mountain; M was not in the vehicle [33]

T NOV 22 - DAY 1
MC attended classes at Bailey Middle School [10] - cf M NOV 21
12PM - According to MomDC's report on Dec 15, M was missing since this time [16] - cf W NOV 23

W NOV 23 - DAY 2
NO SCHOOL [4]
[PM] - M last seen at home [1] at 10PM [10] by MomDC when M went to bed [12] - cf T NOV 22
[PM] - According to MomDC, she and SDadCP had an argument that night [12]

Th NOV 24 - DAY 3
THANKSGIVING - NO SCHOOL [4]
[AM] - According to MomDC, SDadCP drove to Michigan to "recover some items"; he claims he did not see M before he left [12]
11:30AM - According to MomDC, she woke up feeling sick, as if she’d been under anesthesia [31] and when she went to check on M, she was gone [12] but that she’d been looking for her “non-stop” since then [31]

F NOV 25 - DAY 4
NO SCHOOL [4]

Sa NOV 26 - DAY 5
7PM - According to MomDC, SDadCP returned from his trip to Michigan and she asked him if he knew where M was, but he did not; she did not make missing persons report because she was "worried to might start a conflict" between her and SDadCP; he claims that he asked MomDC then and in weeks following if she had "hidden" M from him [12]

Su NOV 27 - DAY 6
[PM] According to neighbors, there were fires burning in the yard at the residence "at all hours" beginning on this day [19@2:22]; items burned included couch cushions; Cornelius FD chief acknowledges blaze but can’t comment on it [26*]

M DEC 12 - DAY 21
2PM [17] - SRO tried to make a home visit to address M's truancy, but no one answered at residence [12]; truancy packet was left [15]

T DEC 13 - DAY 22
[TIME?] - Around this date (“Roughly, I don’t know, 13, 14”) MomDC cried on the phone to her sister AuntCP, stating that she was afraid SDadCP was listening to her phone conversations, knew M was gone but did not know where, and that when she had woken up on W 23 NOV, she’d felt sick, like she’d been waking up from anesthesia [31]

W DEC 14 - DAY 23
[TIME?] - MomDC calls school counselor and schedules meeting to discuss truancy, saying she will bring M [15]

Th DEC 15 - REPORTED MISSING - DAY 24
1:15PM - M reported missing to Bailey Middle School SRO by "parents" [1] MomDC supposed to bring M to meeting at school about truancy but arrived without her, claiming that she did not know where M was [12]

F DEC 16 - DAY 25
[PM] FBI, SBI searching residence, "spent hours digging in the ground in her backyard, and searching for evidence inside the home" [3]

Sa DEC 17 - SDadCP & MomDC ARRESTED - DAY 26
[TIME?] during visit to home [on this date?], LE note that kitchen was blocked off; SDadCP claimed it was to create another apartment [20]
12:29AM [6] - SDadCP arrested for failure to report disappearance of child, held on $100k bond [2]
[AM] According to neighbors, there were fires burning in the yard at residence up to this time [19@2:22]
10:12AM - MomDC arrested for failure to report disappearance of child, held on $100k bond [7]; stated that she “believed her husband put her family in danger”; family in Moldova had told her to call the police but she did not; stated that a bookbag with clothes was missing [20]

Su DEC 18 - DAY 27
[PM] - FBI, SBI, CPD return to residence, collect evidence, bring in K9 unit, tow vehicle [8]
View attachment 388683

M DEC 19 - DAY 28
[AM] - Search includes Lake Cornelius/Lake Davidson [9]
[AM] - SDadCP appears in court, bond increased to $200k [9]; represented by public defender; both parents state they do not know where M is [11]

T DEC 20 - DAY 29
[AM] - MomDC appears in court [9]; bond increased to $250k [13]; electronic monitoring will be required should she makes bond [14]
7PM - Prayer vigil held in common area near home [10][21]

W DEC 21 - DAY 30
AM - Interview with MomDC’s father in Moldova published [22] - cf ? OCT
5PM - Cornelius PD return to residence, possibly taking photos [23]

Th DEC 22 - DAY 31
AM - Members of M’s extended (Palmiter [25]) family release letter requesting public’s help in finding her [24]
7PM - Prayer vigil held at Cornelius Town Square [10]

F DEC 23 - DAY 32
PM - SDadCP’s FB page updated with new profile pic, removal of other info [27]

SOMETIME BETWEEN T DEC 27 and F JAN 6
LE canvassing in Madison County; search dogs spotted along Lonesome Mountain Road [33]

T DEC 27
PM - Cornelius PD release video update - states it is a “serious case of a child whose parents clearly are not telling us everything they know”[30]

W DEC 28
PM - COURT DATE: Bond hearings for SDadCP & MomDC scheduled [25] - not held [29]
PM - New bond conditions agreed upon with judge [29]
  • If released, MomDC and SDadCP will surrender their passports [29]
  • If released, SDadCP would also be required to wear an electronic monitoring device [29] (already a condition for MomDC - cf T Dec 20) [29]

F DEC 30
Warrants for Dec 21 search of home temporarily sealed [33]

F JAN 6
LE asks for info about anyone seeing MomDC or Prius in Madison County (about 3hrs from M’s home) between Nov 22 and Dec 15 [33]

------------
SOURCES
[1] Cornelius PD FB post - Dec 15
[2] Stepdad of missing 11-year-old - WSOC - Dec 16
[3] FBI, SBI search Cornelius home - WCCB - Dec 16
[4] Bailey MIddle School calendar
[5] Police asking for public's help... VIDEO - WCNC - Dec 17
[6] Mecklenburg Co arrest record for Christopher Palmiter (saved on Wayback)
[7] Mecklenburg Co arrest record for Diana Cojocari (saved on Wayback)
[8] FBI, SBI Return to Home of 11-Year-Old... - WCCB - Dec 18
[9] Search for Madalina Cojocari expands - WCNC - Dec 19
[10] Police search lake in Cornelius... - Charlotte Observer - Dec 19
[11] Stepfather of missing 11-year-old... - WBTV - Dec 20
[12] @DerekDlngr tweet THREAD - WJZY - Dec 20
[13] @DerekDlngr tweet THREAD - WJZY - Dec 20
[14] @MaryCalkinsTV tweet - WBTV - Dec 20
[15] Arrest report: Mom, dad say missing girl last seen - WSOC - Dec 20
[16] Mom has 'hindered the investigation' - WBTV - Dec 20
[17] @SydneyHeiberger tweet - Fox46 - Dec 20
[18] Cornelius PD press release tweet - Dec 20 - incl link to bus VIDEO
[19] Madalina Cojocari Missing - WCNC VIDEO - Dec 17
[20] Mother of Missing Cornelius girl - WBTV - Dec 21
[21] @observer_photog tweet - Charlotte Observer - Dec 21
[22] Ce declară bunelul fetiței dispărute în SUA - stri.md - Dec 21
[23] Large police presence spotted at home - WBTV - Dec 21
[24] ‘We are desperate to find her right now’ - WSOC - Dec 22
[25] New insight into Madalina Cojocari’s extended family - WCCB - Dec 22
[26] Family of missing Madalina Cojocari, 11, lit a fire – DailyMail *TABLOID - Dec 22
[27] FBI releases new photos - WCCB - Dec 23
[28] @DerekDlngr tweet THREAD - WJZY - Dec 28
[29] Judge sets new bond conditions - WSCOC - Dec 29
[30] Cornelius PD FB video - Dec 27
[31] Mărturia exclusivă făcută de mama Mădălinei Cojocari - Antena3.ro - Dec 29
[32] Missing Madalina Cojocari: Police seek information - Jan 6
[33] Find Madalina: Police ask anyone who saw mom, car - Jan 6

CP not asking about Madalina earlier does not vibe with the neighbor claiming that he was usually seen spending the most time with her. Unless it was common for Madalina to be sent somewhere else or spent time elsewhere. Does DC have family in the area that maybe Madalina would go spend time with making it normal for her not to be home? It is common in my family for the kids to visit other relatives for weekends or breaks, so I was just trying to think of other options here.
AFAIK, There has been no reporting and no evidence of family in the areas of Cornelius and Madison County. There may be Palmiter family in MI. We are not aware of friends that M visited. I believe we have run out of options until LE releases more information ...opinion only

Did they release the unsealed warrant today? I have absolutely no idea where I should look for it, so I'm relying on you guys!
I don't know how to access court docs, but the WBTV reporter who argued for release before the judge still had not seen them this afternoon, that's the latest I see among the NC news outlets.

Nick Ochsner tweet

After searching and watch news, it appears DC‘s car is a hatch back with lots of glass surface area. I know from my LE relatives, they would never miss an opportunity to peak at what is inside. I guess there was no need for the officer to search the trunk since the contents would be somewhat visible unless this model had a shelf type area blocking the view.

Attachments

• 56703EFC-B33E-4825-9439-D006FDA94D2D.jpeg
    56703EFC-B33E-4825-9439-D006FDA94D2D.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 9
I might have missed something would they have had probable cause to check the trunk? I've been pulled over before myself, as I assume a lot of drivers have, and no one's ever asked to check my trunk.
after seeing the car police are asking if anyone remembers seeing ….it’s a hatchback. ((Picture from local new)) Any decent Officer wouldn’t miss the opportunity to look inside. Their trained to do this. Unless there is a suspended shelf (for lack of better name for that part) that blocks the view. Those are flexible and could not hold a live captive.

Attachments

• 97FF534D-4F62-44C5-A016-7E45ACCEBC68.jpeg
    97FF534D-4F62-44C5-A016-7E45ACCEBC68.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics