NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you have a burner phone and you get arrested with said burner phone on your person, LE has access to all that information anyway, right? Just not an actual bill or list of incoming/outgoing calls? I confess to ignorance on the subject. I would think if they had the physical phone they could access most of the same information.
I think burner phone calls can only be traced if LE has the phone or phone number. One does not set up an account when purchasing a burner phone directly off a shelf. That's all I know about throw away phones, but there's lots of info online...my opinion only

sorry if this sounds stupid. I thought you had to have some kind of pay as you go or burner phone for calls not to be tracked or traced by LE
It doesn't sound stupid, it sounds like a legit question :) I'm not an expert at all, but based on the info I've gathered following cases were "burners" or disposable/prepaid phones are used, it literally can be any kind of phone that is used exclusively for calls/text, and doesn't have any personal accounts connected. If someone has an older iphone sitting in a drawer, that will work the same as a brand new "cheap" phone.

But if you have a burner phone and you get arrested with said burner phone on your person, LE has access to all that information anyway, right? Just not an actual bill or list of incoming/outgoing calls? I confess to ignorance on the subject. I would think if they had the physical phone they could access most of the same information.
First, it was just a guess that it might be a disposable phone. Heck, if LE came into my house right now searching for phones, they'd find around 10-15 of them. Every time one of my kids upgraded, the old phone got cleared, they pulled the card and tossed it into a drawer :) Any one of them could actually be used as a disposable if I just went and bought a card and pay as you go minutes on them. But to answer your question, yes, all the info on the "burner" would be there for LE to see but without being able to tie the phone directly to the person, leaves some wiggle room.

Redacted search warrants are out. There is a lot of material redacted, be there are two interesting things visable. This is my opinion only, and I may be 100% wrong.

1) There is an unidentified person who is using a phone number associated with the case. See first screenshot.

2) LE is looking for person/persons who may have committed the crime of 14-39 kidnapping (See 2nd screenshot)

Is there a possibility that Madelina is still alive? Perhaps she was sold by Mom and Dad to a 3rd party? Hence the unknown party who may be guilty of kidnapping?

This is my opinion only, but at this point I am grateful for any hint that Madelina is still alive.
1673390893740.png

1673391008958.png

Source of screenshots:

One more thing about the redacted search warrants (see link below). Right under the part about the plywood partition that was observed in the kitchen, (which the parents said was related to making an apartment) there is a large redacted section. (See below screenshot) Is that strange plywood partition in the kitchen related somehow to Madelina's disappearance? Just opinion and speculation.

1673391681589.png

They were probably “older or obsolete” (based on not being able to update the iOS software/firmware. I myself have 3 older iPhones and 5 older Android phones. I utilize them for their cameras and on WiFi. Just MOO.
Caveat to my initial reply: I haven’t read the released/redacted warrants yet; however, if it was stated that they were “currently active” then my suggestion probably would not apply (active meaning with an operating cellular provider account for each phone). The information is probably still present, even on older phones (yes, I save the data “just in case” I might have need of it in the future lol).

Trying to keep up, these threads move quickly.

Wasn't sure if this was posted already, but the trip by DC to the mountains has me concerned :

• Search warrants previously sealed by a judge were released Tuesday, revealing that her case is being investigated as a kidnapping and a missing person
  • Documents revealed three iPhones were among dozens of items confiscated including cell data and banking information from her mother and stepfather
  • Madalina's mother, Diana Cojocari, 37, and her stepfather Christopher Palmiter, 60, have been charged with failure to report a missing child and are in custody
What was she doing ?
Meeting someone ?
Disposing of evidence ?
Imo.

One more thing about the redacted search warrants (see link below). Right under the part about the plywood partition that was observed in the kitchen, (which the parents said was related to making an apartment) there is a large redacted section. (See below screenshot) Is that strange plywood partition in the kitchen related somehow to Madelina's disappearance? Just opinion and speculation.

View attachment 394449

I read this as part of their reasoning for the search warrant. My guess is that they used a photo of that partition to obtain the warrant to go into it. IMO.

They were probably “older or obsolete” (based on not being able to update the iOS software/firmware. I myself have 3 older iPhones and 5 older Android phones. I utilize them for their cameras and on WiFi. Just MOO.
Unfortunately all we can do is speculate here as we really don’t know.
With your comment on wifi, one could also wonder if one wasn’t used by MC, maybe DC didn’t consider it a “phone” as it didn’t hold service but more of an iPod since it was Apple and could work on wifi. It’s a stretch but so is a lot of things we’re forced to grasp at here without any real answers. Hopefully we’ll hear something more clear soon!

It doesn't sound stupid, it sounds like a legit question :) I'm not an expert at all, but based on the info I've gathered following cases were "burners" or disposable/prepaid phones are used, it literally can be any kind of phone that is used exclusively for calls/text, and doesn't have any personal accounts connected. If someone has an older iphone sitting in a drawer, that will work the same as a brand new "cheap" phone.
But you still have to have an account to use an old iPhone that goes with the phone number and that is how you can be tracked, right? In this case it is not a burner phone, right?

Search warrants previously sealed by a judge were released Tuesday, revealing that her case is being investigated as a kidnapping and a missing person
Interesting. I would think that if Madalina was killed in the home, then legally speaking she was not kidnapped. So it seems that LE believe that M was taken elsewhere by persons known or unknown.

But you still have to have an account to use an old iPhone that goes with the phone number and that is how you can be tracked, right? In this case it is not a burner phone, right?
I'm not an expert in this field of how burner/disposable phones work, so I don't feel comfortable to say either yes for sure, or no. I was just offering some opinions on the 3rd phone from the scene.

this case has such an odd feeling to it. i can't put my finger on it.
Exactly what I have felt since the beginning. A few weeks back I suggested that maybe she had been kidnapped by a third party and DC and CP were keeping quiet as they were scared that if they spoke harm could come to MC. I know it was poo-pooed at the time but now the case actually quotes Kidnapping, I wonder if this is actually the case.

I know nothing about burner phones but when I upgraded my iPhone I held on to my old one because I could do everything except use cellular, meaning I couldn’t make calls or FaceTime but I could still send texts and use apps- as long as I was on WiFi. It turned out to be not all that useful and eventually I scrapped it.

IMO the third phone could have been a business number for CP’s home engraving company. Or a phone for DC’s Mary Kay business. MOO

I read this as part of their reasoning for the search warrant. My guess is that they used a photo of that partition to obtain the warrant to go into it. IMO.
I would assume if they were already inside taking pictures, they had a search warrant. The warrant would be made for the whole address, not likely just specific areas. Definitely not wording in a warrant to the effect, “except partitioned off areas”. If they have a warrant….. they search the entire property, locked, partitioned, sheds, outbuildings, garages, …….

Last edited:
25 items were seized during the search. 3 of those were cell phones. I’m assuming hair samples were taken for DNA (out of hair brushes, either for now or later. All 3 occupants). That still leaves a lot of items (19?) that were of police interest …..removed from the home.

Attachments

• 7E996F52-4001-41EC-B6F8-333A42AC8FD9.png
    7E996F52-4001-41EC-B6F8-333A42AC8FD9.png
    257.8 KB · Views: 13
The fact that the two both mentioned the other thought that they had "hidden" MC from each is so weird and off that i was disturbed from the beginning.

i have a student, currently, who is from Moldova and her mother has relayed some horrifying things that she had been through as a woman and it has had some serious effects on her and her daughter. Trafficking is very very rampant there and many times, it is in the form of misleading and lying to women about jobs or situations abroad that are not as they seem. i had also heard about a couple of women knowing that the situation would involve prostitution or outrageous hours of work and they took the post anyway, just to get out their situation, because for many, it is that bad.

of course, i am not saying this is the situation for DC but it certainly is a very real issue in that region, also from what i know from traveling in the area (not moldova but romania, belarus and the ukr) and while it pains me to say it i had heard of people selling children to others (namely as homeworkers) to provide for the rest of their family but those stories had always been to family members or known people in the same region.

i hope none of that has anything to do with MC but it isn't looking good and this what exactly what i thought of when i first heard this case. perhaps she has "hidden" MC from him or vice versa? given that strange word choice (though eng is not her first language) perhaps that is what happened.

Either way, i am hoping that MC is alive and safe and i am not YET convinced she is not.

edited for repetition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members