NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the two both mentioned the other thought that they had "hidden" MC from each is so weird and off that i was disturbed from the beginning.

i have a student, currently, who is from Moldova and her mother has relayed some horrifying things that she had been through as a woman and it has had some serious effects on her and her daughter. Trafficking is very very rampant there and many times, it is in the form of misleading and lying to women about jobs or situations abroad that are not as they seem. i had also heard about a couple of women knowing that the situation would involve prostitution or outrageous hours of work and they took the post anyway, just to get out their situation, because for many, it is that bad.

of course, i am not saying this is the situation for DC but it certainly is a very real issue in that region, also from what i know from traveling in the area (not moldova but romania, belarus and the ukr) and while it pains me to say it i had heard of people selling children to others (namely as homeworkers) to provide for the rest of their family but those stories had always been to family members or known people in the same region.

i hope none of that has anything to do with MC but it isn't looking good and this what exactly what i thought of when i first heard this case. perhaps she has "hidden" MC from him or vice versa? given that strange word choice (though eng is not her first language) perhaps that is what happened.

Either way, i am hoping that MC is alive and safe and i am not YET convinced she is not.

edited for repetition
If you google Moldova and corruption, a lot of possibilities come up such as sex and labor trafficking, drugs, cyber crime. North Carolina also has cartel influence. Kidnappings occur in Mexico. If CP was involved in something illegal and potentially violent, it would explain why neither of them called the police and why neither of them have talked. What did CP take or retrieve from Michigan? What happened to CP's collection of guns he bragged about to neighbor. Was DC looking for MC in western NC rather than hiding a body? I only hope MC is alive and safe.

If you google Moldova and corruption, a lot of possibilities come up such as sex and labor trafficking, drugs, cyber crime. North Carolina also has cartel influence. Kidnappings occur in Mexico. If CP was involved in something illegal and potentially violent, it would explain why neither of them called the police and why neither of them have talked. What did CP take or retrieve from Michigan? What happened to CP's collection of guns he bragged about to neighbor. Was DC looking for MC in western NC rather than hiding a body? I only hope MC is alive and safe.
I have't seen reporting about a CP collection of guns. Would you kindly provide a link. TIA.

I have't seen reporting about a CP collection of guns. Would you kindly provide a link. TIA.
I don't have a link but I've seen it as well. At some point over the last couple of years during the covid lockdowns CP made some sort of weird statement to a neighbor (in regard to the government) about his guns. Recent articles have mentioned LE never found any in the house.

If she had run away several times, wouldn’t M have missed school? Where I live, the parent or guardian has to call in all absences. If we don’t, the school secretary or clerk calls all contact numbers to make sure the child is safe and accounted for. We *have* to list more than one number. Lot of choices and we can list multiple……Home, cell, workplace, grandparent, other relative, older sibling, babysitter, a neighbour.
Even a single parent, no family around, new to the area must have at least 2.
This was my initial thought, but like I said, clearly not the case.

Interesting to note that, in the warrants "Diana stated Madalina did not have a phone" (warrant1, pg6) and yet on Dec 15, THREE Apple iPhones were seized (warrant4, pg6). So was she lying? Or does one of the parents have multiple phones?
If we got raided, I can tell you that we have old, unused iPhones in drawers.

The warrants also allowed investigators to get cell tower data for both of the parents’ phones from the beginning of November through mid-December -- likely to figure out their whereabouts before and after Madalina’s disappearance.

Investigators likely also looked at emails, credit card purchases, and banking information.

I don't have a link but I've seen it as well. At some point over the last couple of years during the covid lockdowns CP made some sort of weird statement to a neighbor (in regard to the government) about his guns. Recent articles have mentioned LE never found any in the house.
Thanks. I miss out on things by not following SM and Daily Mail...opinion only

Trying to keep up, these threads move quickly.

Wasn't sure if this was posted already, but the trip by DC to the mountains has me concerned :

• Search warrants previously sealed by a judge were released Tuesday, revealing that her case is being investigated as a kidnapping and a missing person
  • Documents revealed three iPhones were among dozens of items confiscated including cell data and banking information from her mother and stepfather
  • Madalina's mother, Diana Cojocari, 37, and her stepfather Christopher Palmiter, 60, have been charged with failure to report a missing child and are in custody
What was she doing ?
Meeting someone ?
Disposing of evidence ?
Imo.
Or handing off Madalina to a 3rd party?

Thanks. I miss out on things by not following SM and Daily Mail...opinion only
I usually don't follow social media on cases. In fact, it's usually a bad idea since most of it is baloney rumor, and none of it's allowed here anyway. Someone posted the link here (I don't follow DM either, unless it's posted here):

"Locals described Palmiter as a far-right, deep state propagandist, who'd fill his Facebook feed with pictures of armed warriors, the American flag, bible quotes, and anti-Biden vitriol. He also shared links to deep state podcasts with neighbors.
'When any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it,' he wrote in one posting January 30, 2022. He boasted to neighbors about owning a cache of guns and, during the George Floyd protests, threatened to use his weapons if any protester showed up at his house. 'He had a s**t ton of guns, and said if anything went down, he'd be ready,' a neighbor said. 'I mentioned that to the officers. But they said they didn't find any firearms in the home.'"

I usually don't follow social media on cases. In fact, it's usually a bad idea since most of it is baloney rumor, and none of it's allowed here anyway. Someone posted the link here (I don't follow DM either, unless it's posted here):

"Locals described Palmiter as a far-right, deep state propagandist, who'd fill his Facebook feed with pictures of armed warriors, the American flag, bible quotes, and anti-Biden vitriol. He also shared links to deep state podcasts with neighbors.
'When any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it,' he wrote in one posting January 30, 2022. He boasted to neighbors about owning a cache of guns and, during the George Floyd protests, threatened to use his weapons if any protester showed up at his house. 'He had a s**t ton of guns, and said if anything went down, he'd be ready,' a neighbor said. 'I mentioned that to the officers. But they said they didn't find any firearms in the home.'"
Oh well, daily-mail..take it or leave it. I take a firm stand re truth in reporting, thus leave it. However, I admit to linking this source once when researching CP's attorney's name...opinion only

I'm wondering how long it typically takes to get info. back from a crime lab or the cell phone records and such. I really have no idea.

Is it reasonable to think that LE could have sent samples (or who knows what) around Dec. 16 and still be waiting on the results now, nearly 4 weeks later?

Embarrassingly, the only things I know about Moldova come from the show 90 Day Fiance (told you it was embarrassing) but one of the main people on there, Andrei, used to be a cop in Moldova. He seems almost disturbed when the topic comes up and tries not to discuss anything in detail of his time there. I always have wondered if it's because of the scary events that seem to be rampant there.

Moldova - United States Department of State
Interesting information about human trafficking in Moldova, and the ways the US has tried to assist to lessen these instances.

I'm wondering how long it typically takes to get info. back from a crime lab or the cell phone records and such. I really have no idea.

Is it reasonable to think that LE could have sent samples (or who knows what) around Dec. 16 and still be waiting on the results now, nearly 4 weeks later?
I think it depends on what was collected, how much was collected and the labs turnaround times. Just MOO. But IIRC, the labs for the ID murders recently were stated to run 45-60 days -but that had hundreds of samples said to have been taken from the house and that time frame was for RUSH cases.
See link below regarding that discussion.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 38'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 38

But they didn’t have jobs, did they?

As far as I've been able to gather from MSM posted, DC was not employed and CP's employment is rather vague, aside from his side gig of personalized engraving items he allegedly operates out of the home.

I have a sick feeling there was at least one other sketchy, criminal side gig going on.

jmo
The engraving side job could require its own phone maybe? A way to keep things organized. I’m just throwing out guesses.

What a lovely guy.

I think it depends on what was collected, how much was collected and the labs turnaround times. Just MOO. But IIRC, the labs for the ID murders recently were stated to run 45-60 days -but that had hundreds of samples said to have been taken from the house and that time frame was for RUSH cases.
See link below regarding that discussion.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 38'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 38
Thanks for this. So, it's been about one month since the search warrants. That means they may still have a ways to go before the evidence collected is fully analyzed and possible further charges brought about as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname