ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to go back to the recently unsealed Search Warrant.....

I found it odd that they worded each item with or instead of using 'and/or, as this would seem to only allow 1 of these to be retrieved no matter how many were found [Ref. Pg 3]. It only stood out to me because I know the importance of how things are worded to eliminate a variety of potential loopholes or actions, such as the word should vs shall in statutes or laws leaves big loopholes if should is used over shall, as one may imply a suggestion and the other is to act upon. First thing that came to mind was if the defense attorney can have some evidence declared inadmissible because they only asked for 1, not all. I know that sounds far fetched but if I was a defense attorney up against a case like this, that's something I would want to do (if possible). In today's day and age, wording is everything. MOO

I also found it odd that the warrant showed that the wounds on KG, MM, & XK were said to be from apparent stab wounds but EC's were later determined to be caused by sharp-force injuries [Ref. Pg 2 of Exhibit A]. What does that even mean?? And why weren't his injuries 'apparent' like the others??

Another thing that has never sat well with me was BK being pulled over on August 21st at Farm Road & Pullman Hwy at 11:37 p.m when his phone pinged near the residence from 10:34 to 11:35 p.m. [Ref. Pg 17, Exhibit A]. Its approx 1.3 miles but about a 6 or 7 minute drive from the King Rd address with lots of turns. At first I just thought this was a simple matter of cell towers overlapping but, IDK, something doesn't seem right about it. MOO. Is it just me??

None of these things are keeping me awake at night or anything. They're just things I observed and figured I'd bring up to hear others input.

Ebm
I am glad you posted about the wounds above: Ethans wounds verses the girls. I too paused as the AA did not speak to Ethan at all.
I did google wound differentiation. Warning- graphic.

A cut or incised wound results whenever a sharp-edged object is drawn over the skin with sufficient pressure to produce an injury that is longer than it is deep. A knife, razor blade, or piece of glass or china could cause a typical cut. The wound edges may be straight or jagged, depending on the shape of the cutting instrument, but they are never abraded or undermined. A sharp object thus cuts and divides the skin as it penetrates. A stab wound results from penetration of a pointed instrument into the depths of the body, causing a wound that is deeper than its length on the skin. The thrust of a knife, for example, produces such an injury. As with a cut, the edges of a stab wound are sharp, straight, and not undermined. Examination of a cut or stab wound frequently permits conclusions regarding the manner in which the injury was inflicted.

This IS odd, and part of my reluctance to put all my eggs in the cell phone pinging basket.

I took this to my geek husband who has informed me that cell towers log data at different rates, depending on the company, location, contracts etc. Honestly, it was too big of a conversation for me and I definitely need more information to understand it. He’s in the camp of “dear, you may be right, but you could also be totally and completely ignorant. Love you so.”

I tend to be wary of people who suddenly remember something like this. Maybe this employee is telling the truth and that's the connection as many here theorized, but it's strange.
It could be as simple as the first person the press asked about it told the truth. They didn't remember ever seeing him there, but didn't ask anyone else. But they called back and talked to someone else and got a different answer. Clearly the press is not covering themselves in glory by doing all their due diligence on this case. And most everything else they do these days. I'm not going to drive myself crazy about it. We'll find out eventually. :)

This reminds me of when Princess Diana died. It was Princess Diana 24 hours a day, a pack of jackals gnawing this one bone. They would discuss some point to death for days, then it would come out that it wasn't even true. But they would never correct it. They would just move right on with their next 3 day discussion about something else, like the last endless discussion never happened. And lots of people never knew that first issue was not even true. MOOooo

Not sure if this was asked before but did any of the girls spend the summer in Moscow, working or did they all arrive in time for fall semester? I know there was some question if BK moved there in August or June( has that been cleared up?). Im just curious , when his first encounter with one of them may have bee?

You mean LaBar, his court-appointed PA <modsnip> attorney?

I hope so. We've heard enough from him.
JMVHO
Amen to that. For someone who desperately didn't want any details from BK, and was only handling that one thing, he sure does have a lot to say about the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Family members are not, in my experience, considered "parties to the action". As you know, that's why a case is titled "State of Idaho v. _______". Not "The Families of the Deceased v. ...".

I'm honestly not sure what the judge means by "parties to the action", unless s/he is including all the employees of the various attorneys. I did office/computer work for law firms for a long time and I understood that I was bound by whatever rules or orders applied to the lawyers I supported.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED:
1. The attorneys for any interested party in this case, including the prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, and any attorney representing a witness, victim, or victim's family, as well as the parties to the above entitled action

Since, at the beginning of the sentence, they specifically refer to: witnesses, victims and victim's families as the interested parties being represented by the attorneys, I am pretty sure that they are the same parties being referred to as the sentence continues: as well as the parties. I think what you are referring to (employees, clerks etc) would properly be called associates, rather than parties.

I do know that several MSM are reporting that the gag order does indeed include the families:

Idaho Judge Expands Bryan Kohberger Gag Order to Include Victims’ Families

It has also barred victims’ families from giving out any information relating to the case.

I would also add that we aren't the only ones struggling to digest the wording.

The Latah County Clerk’s Office declined to provide any clarity stating that they can’t “interpret the order.” When asked if there was someone who could interpret the order, a Statesman reporter was told “no.”

Has an MG menu been published here? If so, I missed it, but I miss a lot. I wonder if there is anything on that menu that would meet BK's diet preferences. In my experience, vegans who are strict to the point of not wanting to eat foods cooked in utensils where meat was cooked rarely eat out unless it's at a place that specifically cooks in the manner they want. If the MG serves animal products, BK could not be sure any veggie meals would meet his standards--or even be completely meat-free.
Reportedly, BK ordered vegan pizza and his order was noteworthy because he wanted reassurance no animal products would be in contact with his food.

The former employee told People that Kohberger's visits to the restaurant were not suspicious but they were noteworthy because he wanted to be sure that no animal products might have come in contact with his food.

In late December a relative told The New York Post Kohberger is 'OCD' about his eating habits and forced his family to buy new pots that not been used to cook meat.

The source did not reveal which of the students Kohberger messaged, though he followed accounts for all three women on the social media platform.

The messages from his account were sent around the same time that investigators claim he was stalking the victims. His cellphone data also pinged in the same location as the students in the run-up to the murders.

from.... not known if X or M were at the Mad Greek at the times a noteworthy vegan stopped by the Mad Greek to '....... at least he would have noticed them'

Reportedly, BK ordered vegan pizza and his order was noteworthy because he wanted reassurance no animal products would be in contact with his food.

The former employee told People that Kohberger's visits to the restaurant were not suspicious but they were noteworthy because he wanted to be sure that no animal products might have come in contact with his food.
I think you might have a hard time finding vegans that don't want to be sure that no animal products have come in contact with their food. <modsnip>

Considering that the top of the MG's menu states prominently Ask your server about our Vegetarian and Vegan options it's hard to believe it would have been that noteworthy. Then again, if BK made a big stink about it, which also wouldn't be surprising with what little we have learned so far, who knows?

I do know that way before the killer was identified I proposed X&M could have had some casual contact with the killer at the MG, and that could explain why there were victims on 2 different floors.

Time will tell... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Black rubber glove. Just one?
MOO: Old topic, but it came up a lot and was barely answered - I think he had a box of gloves and that LE has some piece of some glove on the crime scene and now they want to check if the batch is a match so to say. Not that he had 2 gloves and threw away one. I mean everything is possible, he did weider things, but that is my first idea here.
I really really hope this isn't the G's family PI leaking info about the investigation to the press. Someone might need their gag tightened.
Amen.

Also, I really wish we had a reaction of "sceptical" for some news items here. You guys remember the Skype smiley that raises one eyebrow? That one!

I've seen this in the news as well.
If he is a strict vegan, it seems to me he would have gone there anyway regardless of whether the girls worked there or not: It's the only vegan pizza place in town. I'm actually kind of surprised he wasn't more of a regular customer there.
Don't want to seem like I'm defending him at all, just don't think this particular point can be construed as part of his stalking, unlike the purported Instagram follows and DM's or his numerous pings near their house.
I think this is one of those chicken/egg type of things.

1. Did Kohberger begin stalking the residents of 1122 King Road and expand his stalking ground to The Mad Greek?

or

2. Did Kohberger visit The Mad Greek for their vegan options and encounter Maddie and Xana there?

I'm taking option 2 for today.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members