Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the DA is still awaiting the results of the defense’s independent sanity eval. Defense isn’t responding.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Peoples Motion for Discovery Redacted.pdf
I wonder if that eval will get thrown out due to it not being provided by date . They just need to get on with it. I wonder if ls is causing the delay in response,she has to be the client from hell jmoo. LS isn't going to delay justice for to much longer.tick tock

Looks like the DA is still awaiting the results of the defense’s independent sanity eval. Defense isn’t responding.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Peoples Motion for Discovery Redacted.pdf

Neither of these links come up for me - is there another way to post these?

TIA! :)

Edited to add - Never mind - found them on the court site!

Another edit - sorry - can not access the 2nd pdf in the court site - does it say What Matters will be discussed? I would like to put those in my notes!

TIA!

Last edited:
Neither of these links come up for me - is there another way to post these?

TIA! :)

Edited to add - Never mind - found them on the court site!

Another edit - sorry - can not access the 2nd pdf in the court site - does it say What Matters will be discussed? I would like to put those in my notes!

TIA!

@Niner

Attachments

• 20CR1358 [O-25] Matters To Discuss At February 2, 2023 Hearing.pdf
    786.7 KB · Views: 11
Dr. Dorothy Otnow Lewis is the expert witness in question in the recent Motions by the State regarding the missing evaluation report that was promised in 30 days and long past due without explanation by the defense.

[..]

While there is no doubt to me that childhood abuse and trauma can contribute to criminal behavior, with the learning of maladaptive violence and anger, it cannot be the sole cause either, given that so many victims of abuse and trauma also never become serial killers or even necessarily mean or aggressive people.

Also, such trauma and its links to DID are also rare and unique; it isn’t a given that everyone with trauma develops anything as extreme as DID, which itself remains a hotly debated diagnosis, although most psychiatrists agree dissociative behavior (not necessarily discrete personalities) can be a common defense mechanism and form of avoidance against traumatic memories.

It is certainly a leap to say that DID is linked to most serial killers and murderers. If anything, their high frequency of antisocial personality traits posits they would be more likely to feign such personalities, either for actual gain, or just for its own sake.

For someone who has interviewed and worked with so many criminals, Dr. Lewis’ seems curiously naïve about the frequency and broadness of these severe manipulative behaviors, which I and most psychiatrists have encountered very routinely in these populations.

[..]

I wonder if that eval will get thrown out due to it not being provided by date . They just need to get on with it. I wonder if ls is causing the delay in response,she has to be the client from hell jmoo. LS isn't going to delay justice for to much longer.tick tock

If I recall correctly, LS is trying a novel defense of insanity for only certain charges but not for others-- citing DID (disassociative identity disorder) which itself remains a hotly debated diagnosis.

My understanding is that although LS was previously evaluated by a famous doctor on the subject, Dr. Dorothy Otnow Lewis, the defense has not produced the report from the doctor to the court or the prosecution.

I can imagine a dozen reasons why there's no report-- ranging from LS rejecting the data, to the defense being unable or not wanting to pay for an upgraded version or report 2.0.

I just wish LS would do the right thing and confess to her actions that cost this child in her care his precious life. MOO

If I recall correctly, LS is trying a novel defense of insanity for only certain charges but not for others-- citing DID (disassociative identity disorder) which itself remains a hotly debated diagnosis.

My understanding is that although LS was previously evaluated by a famous doctor on the subject, Dr. Dorothy Otnow Lewis, the defense has not produced the report from the doctor to the court or the prosecution.

I can imagine a dozen reasons why there's no report-- ranging from LS rejecting the data, to the defense being unable or not wanting to pay for an upgraded version or report 2.0.

I just wish LS would do the right thing and confess to her actions that cost this child in her care his precious life. MOO
BBM

Not going to happen, early on in the first few weeks of this case I said LS would drag this out and do everything in her power to cause chaos and confusion.

LS will never do the right thing, she's innocent (in her mind), she's spiteful, and she has no respect for sweet Gannon, his family or even her family. She is truly a monster.

MOO

LS cannot and will not do the right thing because she believes this is the fault of Cannon's dad. She will never admit she’s the monster.

Eta: sorry I meant Gannon, not Cannon.

Last edited:
Every time this case pops up on my watched thread, I check here, hoping there is news. But no… like the others..

Gannon Stauch murdered 1/27/2020
Evelyn Boswell murdered Dec 2019
J.J. Vallow murdered 9/23/19
Conner and Brinley Snyder murdered 9/23/19
Tylee Ryan murdered 9/8/19
Goodnight and Ireland Ribando murdered 7/4/2018

None of their accused murderer “parents” have yet been to trial.

SMH

[…]
Stauch is scheduled to appear for a motions hearing, and court records obtained by The Gazette outline the five points of discussion the court hopes to address on Thursday afternoon.

The biggest points of conversation are likely to be two outstanding defense motions that Judge Gregory Werner has yet to rule on, and issues regarding a mental health evaluation being conducted by a defense expert.

The two issues yet to be ruled on by Werner are regarding a motion for a change of venue for Stauch's jury trial, and a motion to waive the jury trial entirely in favor of a court trial. If a court trial took place instead of a jury trial only Werner would listen to evidence and testimony presented and make a verdict of guilty or not guilty — no jury present.
[…]
The three remaining points of discussion for Thursday's motions hearing will be to confirm the mechanics of jury selection, to discuss the potential witnesses at trial and to outline any media restrictions for the trial.

Stauch's trial is scheduled to begin on March 20, more than three years after Gannon's death.
[…]

[…]
Stauch is scheduled to appear for a motions hearing, and court records obtained by The Gazette outline the five points of discussion the court hopes to address on Thursday afternoon.

The biggest points of conversation are likely to be two outstanding defense motions that Judge Gregory Werner has yet to rule on, and issues regarding a mental health evaluation being conducted by a defense expert.

The two issues yet to be ruled on by Werner are regarding a motion for a change of venue for Stauch's jury trial, and a motion to waive the jury trial entirely in favor of a court trial. If a court trial took place instead of a jury trial only Werner would listen to evidence and testimony presented and make a verdict of guilty or not guilty — no jury present.
[…]
The three remaining points of discussion for Thursday's motions hearing will be to confirm the mechanics of jury selection, to discuss the potential witnesses at trial and to outline any media restrictions for the trial.

Stauch's trial is scheduled to begin on March 20, more than three years after Gannon's death.
[…]

Lol. She’s screwed regardless. I just hope she’s sent to a maximum security prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420