Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether it is possibly worth standing at junctions etc near by with pictures of Nicola and/or Willow in a hope that it jogs someones memory, i am more than happy to do this over the weekend ? Wonder whether anyone else it to ? I know there are people doing it in the immediate vicinity but possibly a little further afield would help too ? Unfortunately i am not on social media anymore so cant find if anyone is doing this ? I just have the overwhelming feeling to help and do something worthwhile as appose to speculating.

I know the news are all over this but even if we could help with cups of coffee or something ?

Sorry if this sounds stupid.

I wonder whether it is possibly worth standing at junctions etc near by with pictures of Nicola and/or Willow in a hope that it jogs someones memory, i am more than happy to do this over the weekend ? Wonder whether anyone else it to ? I know there are people doing it in the immediate vicinity but possibly a little further afield would help too ? Unfortunately i am not on social media anymore so cant find if anyone is doing this ? I just have the overwhelming feeling to help and do something worthwhile as appose to speculating.

I know the news are all over this but even if we could help with cups of coffee or something ?

Sorry if this sounds stupid.

They are currently doing exactly that.

Attachments

• 2AB39309-2B33-4566-AFB7-6961BF49A36E.jpeg
    2AB39309-2B33-4566-AFB7-6961BF49A36E.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 7
Also I can’t help still thinking it’s a bit odd of the witness to tie the dog to the bench.

If you see a loose dog, the first thing you think is that the owner must be nearby looking for it, so you usually wander around looking or stay put waiting for a while. Then surely you would phone the number on the tag? Or if not try and take the dog somewhere safe?
Agree - I would not just leave a dog loose if there was no apparent owner.

This happened to me once before - I stayed with the dog, tried to calm it, waited 10 mins, no sign of the owner, so I took her in, made a make-shift lead and took her to the nearest lost dogs centre (where she was later reclaimed). As a dog-lover I wouldn't leave her, or tie her to a bench. Tying her to a bench would be even worse than leaving her, because what if the owner was calling the dog out of sight? The dog would then not be able to get back to their owner.

If she fell into river I imagine she would have had a minute of heavy splashing and screaming, she would have been able to use her limbs to create buoyancy for at least a minute.. what I’m trying to say is it wouldn’t have been silent.
Unless she cracked her head on the steps or possibly in a fall?

Not this case but Sky TV have form when it comes to accusing middle class professionals. Apparently they can never be a wrong’n.

Some musings and thoughts from me. Clearly NB is a very attractive lady in the prime of her life, she has also been described as vivacious. She will encounter many men in her life. Some will be brushed aside, some may be allowed to become more familiar and friendly, with possibly some of them wishing to take things further? She will deal with all of this, how she sees fit, whilst within the bounds of being in a stable relationship.
I do wonder if conflict on one side or the other can have lead to this whole mystery? All in my humble opinion.
I think that’s really well put and generally applies to any attractive ladies in their prime. She does happen to be particularly attractive and in a sales career which means having to deal with many people on different levels. As you mention, possible conflict may have arisen within her broad spectrum of interactions

The media coverage again screams more to me than a simple, ‘we think this woman has slipped into a river on her dog walk’

I haven’t seen coverage like this on Sky news for a missing adult in a very long time. It’s currently ‘Ian King Live’ segment on sky and this is normally a business/money segment. Yet it’s still being covered.

All I see in the partner's news interview is a person who's internally in absolute emotional turmoil at his partner's disappearance and whom is having to detach himself from the situation somewhat to be able to be there for their daughters. My heart breaks for him and the girls.

It’s on sky.

That's not a press conference, as a previous poster has stated, it's an interview held at (what looks like) the home of NB's parents.<modsnip> I find this interview very harrowing to watch. You can tell NB's family are absolutely devastated <modsnip - quoted post removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the partners interview, ultimately the majority of us will not find ourselves to be in his position. We may have an idea of how we would react or behave in the same circumstance but until we are faced with it no one truly knows how they will come across. I can’t see how that can be a justification for perceived guilt, I think it’s important to keep an open mind.

It's worth bearing in mind that there's no set way to behave if your partner goes missing, everyone will behave differently and what is odd to you may be normal to them.
Agreed. We have seen this time and time again, a wide spectrum of reactions and behaviour by loved ones when they are highly stressed due to a missing loved one. It should not be judged negatively, at least not publicly here and no implications should be made.

Daily Mail (on their map) says NB was seen by a witness at 9.15, from Garstang Road, walking east along the towpath. IMO, this is impossible, there is no way you could see (let alone identify) someone on the towpath from Garstang Road.

The Police say she was seen in the Upper Field at 9.10. Both cannot be true (from the timings).
Let's assume the Police's statement/timelines are the most accurate a) because I don't trust the DM anyway, and b) because their dogs interacted (which implies this witness was in the field at the same time).

It's a small detail, but unless this is purely a mistake or the DM making up a statement (possible), then one of the witnesses is lying. (Edited to add IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member