Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
All just my own opinion …

If the information about the Fitbit not synching since Tuesday is correct, then for me that puts into doubt that Nicola was at the bench at all.

They can’t know she was with the phone or the dog when they were left there. She could have been taken from the top field, and then the phone and dog left at the bench. Specially if it was someone local or staying in the area and who could reasonably have been expected to be seen walking there.

It would have to be pre planned, but since NB followed a regular route, she’s seen in the field at 9.10

Let’s say called over by someone she knows near the Riverside caravan park to help with an emergency’
Incapacitated and bundled in a car / caravan.

Perp then puts Phone in pocket, dog on lead. Jogs or walks to bench, lets dog off and puts phone and lead down. Goes back to car/ caravan where NB is (either through fields or down road). Either takes her elsewhere, or maybe she could still be there.

Risky, especially the bit with the dog, but less so if it is someone known to NB.
Wouldn't even necessarily have to be the perp putting the lead and phone on the bench. Could be another dog walker found them in the top field and placed them on the bench as they left for the owner to find. In our local fields there are always dog leads / hats / gloves on the gate or benches. I would have hoped with the publicity that whoever moved them would have come forward but it could be someone completely out of touch with the media etc - they had to appeal for certain witnesses twice so could be possible.

Risky too with the phone connected to a Teams call. I like the theory but leaving that phone connected to that meeting makes me believe otherwise. Though, I definitely feel she is no longer in the river. The caravan site should have already been searched right? Considering the police were searching a 1km radius?! Id say it falls comfortably within it.
Agreed but less risky to someone familiar with NBs work pattern, maybe?

Yes this is what I think is possible. Then phone, dog and lead left there to lead to a conclusion of accident / misadventure.
Why would an abductor take her dog all the way to a bench without tying her to it? Where would Nikki have been? There was just a 10 minute window for an abductor to do all this and the caravan park has CCTV, plus it’d take longer than that to carry a struggling woman and her dog and rush off with them. And all without being seen in broad daylight.

The police don’t think that’s happened at all. And they know more than we do…

1675530731315.png

1675530531643.png
By Matthew Calderbank
28 minutes ago

''A major search for Ms Bulley continues today (Saturday, February 4), nine days after she disappeared on her usual morning dog walk.
The police helicopter has been circling over the village of St Michael’s on Wyre today while search teams continue to search the riverside.
Members of the public have also been using metal detectors to search for clues on the banks of the River Wyre, while other volunteers comb the nearby fields.
These are the search scenes in St Michael’s on Wyre today...''
1675530616731.png

1675530656646.png

Apologies if this has been mentioned as a possibility before and I've missed it. But the posts that I've seen doubting that she's fallen in the river all seem to mention that her dog would have jumped in too or that the river is too shallow for her to get into trouble

MOO but I think if Nicola fell in, then she wouldn't have necessarily panicked right away. She would have been a bit shocked and cold but if she could stand up in the water as suggested, then she would have been calm and just thinking how to get out.…After realising she couldn't climb back up the bank at that point, the next logical thing would be to wade along the river's side to find a point that she could climb out at.
I’ve posted before about a very frightening incident when I jumped into a nearby ex brick pit pond to find a dog’s ball. The bottom of the pond was incredibly slippery and seems to disintegrate under my feet. I was taller than the water was in depth, but I couldn’t stand up at all. It made it extremely hard to get out as I had assumed I would be able to climb out with my feet on the bottom of the pond. It was in the summer, but still cold and I wasn’t weighed down with winter clothing or shoes, which I removed before jumping in.

I have no idea what the bottom of that river feels like, but if it was slippery as per my experience, I can totally understand her not being able to get out. Plus it was freezing and her body would be shutting down, with her heart and breathing all over the place. She needed to get out VERY quickly, as she would be unable to do anything after a very short time.

I would love to know whether the witness who interacted with her in the field at approx 09:10 exited via the gate or an alternative route. If they were in the same field but crossing in opposite directions back to the gate, I would have thought this person might have spotted her again on the other side of the field.

Risky too with the phone connected to a Teams call. I like the theory but leaving that phone connected to that meeting makes me believe otherwise. Though, I definitely feel she is no longer in the river. The caravan site should have already been searched right? Considering the police were searching a 1km radius?! Id say it falls comfortably within it.

NB was muted on the call so no one would have heard anything from her end.

I agree with the police hypothesis that <for whatever reason> NB ended up in the river totally by accident.

Since the dawn of Human history, we have searched to explain the unexplained. And have always looked for a "cause" in things we can't explain. And the urge to put a 'hand' to the unknown meant that we started attributing things to God's.

This process seems to amplify in tragic situations, we just can't *believe* that bad things happen for no reason. There almost has to be a more sinister explanation to justify the tragedy. And more importantly there needs to be someone to blame or be held accountable. Sometimes this isn't always the way and we just have to accept that good people are taken too early.

I can't pretend to be able to relate with the pain that NBs family must be experiencing at the moment, and I sincerely hope they get the closure they need as soon as possible.

Spelling mistake corrected. BBM

Last edited:
I would love to know whether the witness who interacted with her in the field at approx 09:10 exited via the gate or an alternative route. If they were in the same field but crossing in opposite directions back to the gate, I would have thought this person might have spotted her again on the other side of the field.
Yea, you would think one of the witnesses must have still been in eyesight if they were both walking the loop.

All just my own opinion …

If the information about the Fitbit not synching since Tuesday is correct, then for me that puts into doubt that Nicola was at the bench at all.

They can’t know she was with the phone or the dog when they were left there. She could have been taken from the top field, and then the phone and dog left at the bench. Specially if it was someone local or staying in the area and who could reasonably have been expected to be seen walking there.

It would have to be pre planned, but since NB followed a regular route, she’s seen in the field at 9.10

Let’s say called over by someone she knows near the Riverside caravan park to help with an emergency’
Incapacitated and bundled in a car / caravan.

Perp then puts Phone in pocket, dog on lead. Jogs or walks to bench, lets dog off and puts phone and lead down. Goes back to car/ caravan where NB is (either through fields or down road). Either takes her elsewhere, or maybe she could still be there.

Risky, especially the bit with the dog, but less so if it is someone known to NB.
The caravan park is 6 miles away. It’s not even within site.

How could anyone possibly abduct Nikki, and the dog, jog 6 miles to the caravan park, 6 miles back after hiding Nikki somewhere with not a single person seeing, no CCTV which the caravan park is filled with; no car cams picking up a struggling woman being dragged by a man, no roadside caneras spotting them, nothing…all within 10 minutes?

No

"Paul is understood to have searched a different abandoned house in between the village hall and the Ivy Dene Alpacas site prior to the meeting."

Included source links to verify information posted as 'fact'. Sincerely thought this was common knowledge.
this might be a dumb Q but do people know what kind of harness she had? usually you would unclip the harness but leave it on the dog in the field so that you could clip it back up quickly.... kind of odd to take the whole harness off - though some harnesses rely on the leash clip to secure them so that would be different.

I agree with the police hypothesis that <for whatever reason> NB ended up in the river totally by accident.

Since the dawn of Human history, we have searched to explain the unexplained. And have always looked for a "cause" in things we can't explain. And the urge to put a 'hand' to the unknown meant that we started attributing things to God's.

This process seems to amplify in tragic situations, we just can't *believe* that bad things happen for no reason. There almost has to be a more sinister explanation to justify the tragedy. And more importantly there needs to be someone to blame or be held accountable. Sometimes this isn't always the way and we just have to accept that good people are taken too early.

I can't pretend to be able to relate with the pain that NBs family must be experiencing at the moment, and I sincerely hope they get the closer they need as soon as possible.
Really nicely put. Thank you for posting that.

this might be a dumb Q but do people know what kind of harness she had? usually you would unclip the harness but leave it on the dog in the field so that you could clip it back up quickly.... kind of odd to take the whole harness off - though some harnesses rely on the leash clip to secure them so that would be different.
Her family and friends have already confirmed that it was normal for her to take off both the lead and harness on walks.

Has this been shared? This man says he has the best equipment to search the river with and has found missing people when they've previously been searched 12 times. Sky news: 'Was phone left as a decoy?'
He also asks if the phone was a decoy. Edited to add: Not sure if he is saying on this news interview that they should call him in or not, as he works in south UK usually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member