Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

I hope that lake has been searched.

However, I assume the police are sure NB was actually at the bench with her phone because of Fitbit data. If this isn’t the case then snatching her from top field and then planting the phone, dog and harness would be a clever move.

Reporter - How was the phone known to be on the bench at 9:20 exactly?

Superintendent - Through telephony enquiries that we've done, relative to the phone itself, rather than through a witness.

I read this as meaning they know the phone was on the bench at 9.20 from analysing the phone itself, it doesn't necessarily mean that NB or her fitbit were with the phone at that time?

Yeah the phone and Fitbit data are key to knowing the movements. I’d love to know what the police know.

But, if it is an accident why haven’t they released this data, or have they?
<modsnip>

Emma told The Sun: “The Fitbit had not been synced since Tuesday.”

"The police are trying other ways to try to get information from it.”

If that’s the case I don’t see how that would be helpful though because she would have already been captured by the ring doorbell further down, where the lady in red was captured.
It depends on how the ring doorbell was set up not all of them record movement automatically, and some you can set zones up for to detect activity within them as well.IMO

Looking back at archive weather reports for the day when NB went missing, it was very cold (between 1 and 3 degrees) at 9 in the morning. Not really bench-sitting weather. Plus also the water would have been extremely cold too.

<modsnip>

Emma told The Sun: “The Fitbit had not been synced since Tuesday.”

"The police are trying other ways to try to get information from it.”

I’m glad that has been cleared up - you do have to physically sync it yourself normally unless it’s set to sync automatically and permanently running in the background on your phone. JMO.

My guess on the doorbell cam location along Allotment Lane is roughly here. The tree is present and what looks like the fencing also continues to the right on the aerial from one of the rear gardens from The Oaks.

Mark up created by myself.

myguess.jpg
Image of lady in red coat from here
High quality version of the attached here

Reporter - How was the phone known to be on the bench at 9:20 exactly?

Superintendent - Through telephony enquiries that we've done, relative to the phone itself, rather than through a witness.

I read this as meaning they know the phone was on the bench at 9.20 from analysing the phone itself, it doesn't necessarily mean that NB or her fitbit were with the phone at that time?

Agreed. But I had assumed they had gone a step further - as she was wearing a Fitbit, the phone would synch with the Fitbit as long as they were within about 10 ft of each other (in reality mine have to be about 6 inches apart to synch, but I digress). If the phone and Fitbit are together, the data from the Fitbit is on the phone - ie it would record activity, steps, walking etc. but if they are separated, the phone can’t synch and will say at the top of the Fitbit app ‘Last synched at 9.23’ or whatever.
I’m assuming they have checked that. It would give an accurate time that NB was separated from her phone.

It depends on how the ring doorbell was set up not all of them record movement automatically, and some you can set zones up for to detect activity within them as well.
Ah right ok - I don’t know how they work. I would be still interested to know how far down allotment lane, ring doorbell/cctv is available. There could be a blackspot. IMO.

As I said she was already logged in and listening to the meeting during the walk. If she wanted to sit and be comfortable to listen she could have done that on the same bench at the beginning of the walk. MOO
But she hadn’t reached the bench when the Teams call began. It started at 09:01 and she was seen walking in the direction of the bench at around 09:10

I just don’t understand why she’d double back? There is a good image or the spot she was last sighted on sky news, it’s quite a bit further on than the bench, but I’m not sure how to share the image within the site guidelines

The local business owner who was first on the scene tied the dog up.

The business owner added: "I know of her and her partner because I walk around the river a lot to pass the time."

"It's just awful, I hope to God that it's not a bad outcome."

If that’s the case I don’t see how that would be helpful though because she would have already been captured by the ring doorbell further down, where the lady in red was captured.
She didn't enter the path from Garstang Road/Allotment Lane but from Blackpool Lane. She could however have LEFT in that direction hence the request for cam footage at the end.

In that case it’s odd if she did double back.

If witness is correct, and NB was in the top field, it’s close to somewhere with vehicle access.
It’s the same route that she regularly did, her car was parked at the beginning of this route.

I thought she was walking in the opposite direction and had already passed the bench?

Looking back at archive weather reports for the day when NB went missing, it was very cold (between 1 and 3 degrees) at 9 in the morning. Not really bench-sitting weather. Plus also the water would have been extremely cold too.
No, it wasn’t weather for sitting but she only planned to stop for about 5/10 minutes. She was wrapped up warmly in a thick coat plus an ankle length quilt-like outer coat on top, so she was well wrapped up to sit there for 5 or so minutes. I’ve sat outside in snow…wrapped up, obviously.

I thought she was walking in the opposite direction and had already passed the bench?
That’s what I thought. She had already passed the bench and was last seen walking up and away from the bench. I don’t think we yet know for certain whether she did double back or carry on and loop back around to the bench again. Can anyone confirm?

Yes this witness said he was heading to Rowanwater and yes she would’ve doubled back to where she started and therefore passing the bench for the second time.

Nicola Bulley search: What were missing dog walker's movements before she disappeared?

Hope this is ok… As you can see she was last seen quite a bit past the bench.
From what I have seen she does a circular walk and parks and starts the walk to the left of this photo, walks along the tow path, through the gate behind the bench, through the first field into and around the second field, back through the first field past the bench through the gate along the tow path and back to the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01