Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its allotment lane. The police Supt got them mixed
Yes this witness said he was heading to Rowanwater and yes she would’ve doubled back to where she started and therefore passing the bench for the second time.
Is that the way she would have walked to get back to the car or would she have doubled back for no apparent reason?

In response to the post on the previous thread that asked why Niki would’ve wanted to sit on the bench…Maybe she wanted to sit and listen to the full meeting? It’s more comfortable and easier to concentrate. And maybe the signal is better there. Maybe because there was also more space for her to throw the ball to Willow for her exercise. She couldn’t throw it as they walked along the narrow towpath
<modsnip - comments from SM or MSM articles are off limits>

Spaniels will generally ball chase and pester for more until they drop, so few owners use balls as anything other than a quick momentary reward.

Can you ascertain that from Strava account

Yes. It'll know how long you've been in the same spot for.
So if police go through her Strava account, they'll be able to see how often she stops at this bench during her walk. And there's a map on the Strava app too, so you can really see where things happen.

According to sky news she was in the upper field at 9:10, meaning she would have needed to double back to be at the bench, right?

If she was indeed in the Upper Field she was very close to vehicle access and the caravan park which surrounds another body of water.
<modsnip - no source link for image>
<modsnip>

I hope that lake has been searched.

However, I assume the police are sure NB was actually at the bench with her phone because of Fitbit data. If this isn’t the case then snatching her from top field and then planting the phone, dog and harness would be a clever move.

Is that the way she would have walked to get back to the car or would she have doubled back for no apparent reason?
She would’ve needed to double back to get back to the car.

But allotment lane does have CCTV on it because the lady with the red coat and white dog was captured on it - so I guess it depends how far down allotment lane the CCTV stops imo.
I thought the red coat lady looked like she'd be filmed from a Ring doorbell.

Or is there an actual CCTV camera there installed by the borough council?
I'd be surprised if there is....seems a rural place to have one.

I don’t know - either ring or CCTV.

But allotment lane does have CCTV on it because the lady with the red coat and white dog was captured on it - so I guess it depends how far down allotment lane the CCTV stops imo. If it stops where the lady was captured (red circle on plan) then the whole area below may not be covered by CCTV (below the line in red on attached drawing).

That's the bottom of Allotment Lane next to the path. I think the Superintendent meant cam footage from the main A586. Garstang Road/Allotment Lane end.

I'd be surprised if there is....seems a rural place to have one.
I think what was meant basically was some sort of video footage was available whether from a ring door bell/ cctv/cameras etc.

<modsnip>

I hope that lake has been searched.

However, I assume the police are sure NB was actually at the bench with her phone because of Fitbit data. If this isn’t the case then snatching her from top field and then planting the phone, dog and harness would be a clever move.
Yeah the phone and Fitbit data are key to knowing the movements. I’d love to know what the police know.

But, if it is an accident why haven’t they released this data, or have they?

That's the bottom of Allotment Lane next to the path. I think the Superintendent meant cam footage from the main A586. Garstang Road/Allotment Lane end.
Yes I agree it was dash cam footage they were after, I forgot that the lady in the red coat picture was taken from the other end of allotment lane. It however does mean they have some sort of basic coverage if it is set to movement on the door bell camera but who knows. IMO

Police find 'potential witness' in red coat in search for missing dog walker mum

In response to the post on the previous thread that asked why Niki would’ve wanted to sit on the bench…Maybe she wanted to sit and listen to the full meeting? It’s more comfortable and easier to concentrate. And maybe the signal is better there. Maybe because there was also more space for her to throw the ball to Willow for her exercise. She couldn’t throw it as they walked along the narrow towpath
If she didn't usually sit on the bench, it could be that she suddenly felt unwell

If that’s the case I don’t see how that would be helpful though because she would have already been captured by the ring doorbell further down, where the lady in red was captured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid