Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam still confused with the request from the police for cctv/dash cam footage for the allotment lane/ Garstang Road end. We know there has been footage from there as the lady in red with the white dog was caught on the cameras somehow. The other exit onto Blackpool lane is also a blind exit with no houses on and goes to a main road unless they have traffic cameras that may pick up that exit.IMO Police have shared more information about the search for missing Nicola Bulley

Apologies if this has been mentioned as a possibility before and I've missed it. But the posts that I've seen doubting that she's fallen in the river all seem to mention that her dog would have jumped in too or that the river is too shallow for her to get into trouble

MOO but I think if Nicola fell in, then she wouldn't have necessarily panicked right away. She would have been a bit shocked and cold but if she could stand up in the water as suggested, then she would have been calm and just thinking how to get out. She most likely would have told Willow to wait/stay on the bank, because she would have presumed that she (Nicola) wasn't in any immediate danger. She wouldn't have called out for help for the same reason. After realising she couldn't climb back up the bank at that point, the next logical thing would be to wade along the river's side to find a point that she could climb out at. If she headed in the direction of the bridge and told Willow again to wait, then once she was out of sight, the dog would have fretted and could have tried to follow her on land, which would be through the gate. Which could explain why Willow kept running back and forth to the gate, agitated

Then, IMO, one of two things could have happened: either, while wading down the river, Nicola unexpectedly hit a deeper, faster flowing part, and got into trouble. Or by the time she found somewhere to get out, she was so exhausted/injured/hypothermic that she then collapsed in deep undergrowth and has yet to be found. My point being that just because it's unlikely she would have struggled in the water at the point where the bench is, doesn't mean she didn't move down the river and struggled elsewhere. Like I said, just my opinion

Just to add, a man in his twenties drowned in the river near me. The river is a bit bigger and it was about 12 hours before it was realised he was missing, but it was 5 months before his body was found by dog walkers, less than half a mile from where he was presumed to have fallen in. So I don't think it's strange that Nicola's body hasn't been found at this point

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Nicola has just run away and is somewhere safe
Very good points

According to sky news she was in the upper field at 9:10, meaning she would have needed to double back to be at the bench, right?

If she was indeed in the Upper Field she was very close to vehicle access and the caravan park which surrounds another body of water.

<modsnip - no source link for image>

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam still confused with the request from the police for cctv/dash cam footage for the allotment lane/ Garstang Road end. We know there has been footage from there as the lady in red with the white dog was caught on the cameras somehow. The other exit onto Blackpool lane is also a blind exit with no houses on and goes to a main road unless they have traffic cameras that may pick up that exit.IMO Police have shared more information about the search for missing Nicola Bulley
It's possibly a key area they want to look into further. I know I would be.

I wonder if Nicola wanted to sit on the bench to rest, listen to the meeting. She maybe let willow off to run around, whilst she rested. It could be that Willow was looking jump into the water. Nicola could have rushed to stop her, putting her phone on the bench, rushing to grab Willow away and in doing so, fell in herself. If Willow had been frightened in to not going in the water, that could be the reason that she was dry, as she didn’t go in.
Only a thought.

There were a few dog walkers around at that time and like all regular dog walkers (I’m one myself) we always recognise people we know far in the distance.

annpats

Well-Known Member​

But what the original poster was trying to say is: it's a long way from Garstang Road to the river by sight and there are trees in the way.
I don't think seeing someone from there is viable, or even possible.

Thanks annpats, that's what I meant. There are also houses in the way.

From where she was last sighted by the eye witness, do we yet know if she continued on her loop back around to the bench or doubled back from where she was to the bench? And I say her in terms of her phone, and possibly gps tracking or her Strava app showing the route back to the bench.

According to sky news she was in the upper field at 9:10, meaning she would have needed to double back to be at the bench, right?

If she was indeed in the Upper Field she was very close to vehicle access and the caravan park which surrounds another body of water.
View attachment 400146
Yes this witness said he was heading to Rowanwater and yes she would’ve doubled back to where she started and therefore passing the bench for the second time.

Its allotment lane. The police Supt got them mixed up.
But allotment lane does have ring doorbell / CCTV on it because the lady with the red coat and white dog was captured on it - so I guess it depends how far down allotment lane the ring doorbell / CCTV stops imo. If it stops where the lady was captured (red circle on plan) then the whole area below may not be covered by ring doorbell / CCTV (below the line in red on attached drawing). If that’s the case, NB could have easily been put in a car below that line and taken out of the area. IMO.

Edited to say ring doorbell / cctv.

Attachments

• 89028D3D-DB28-47AA-A422-D0E0AB410253.jpeg
    89028D3D-DB28-47AA-A422-D0E0AB410253.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I wonder if Nicola wanted to sit on the bench to rest, listen to the meeting. She maybe let willow off to run around, whilst she rested. It could be that Willow was looking jump into the water. Nicola could have rushed to stop her, putting her phone on the bench, rushing to grab Willow away and in doing so, fell in herself. If Willow had been frightened in to not going in the water, that could be the reason that she was dry, as she didn’t go in.
Only a thought.
It would be intersting to find out though whether that's something she did often or whether it was completely outside of her usual routing ( which seems tohave been fairly set). In this cold, it sort of surprises me that she would hang out there, especially seeing that she seems to have been fairly organiaed with her schedule. Honestly from what her Teams call sounded like I find it not obviously convincing that she would have needed tp suddenly sit down for anything. Also, documents? It's a fair idea but realistically, why would she have beought any documents with her on that walk that she couldn't better have worked on at home or in a different spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid