Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the sad case of Sally Allen? Had Christmas lunch with her family, watched evening Christmas TV. Walked out into the night, 13 miles and sadly took her life in the river. Just really reminds me of this.
It also reminds me of Janet Edwards from Hereford last year:

I think the police believe that Nicola has self-harmed sadly.

She's not wrong though - look at how many posts there have been on this thread alone since it was mentioned. God knows what twitter and facebook are like right now!
appreciate that but a reporters justification to be given private info ( which family must've requested be kept private) can't be based on

' well, I just got three texts' or
' you've asked us to not speculate' therefore you should trade me this bit of private info.

<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe police knew very clearly what inference was likely to be drawn from the phrase “specific vulnerabilities“. It would have been chosen with great care. IMO they‘re trying to convey that they suspect suicide, while avoiding the use of that word. JMO and I sincerely hope I’m wrong.
It’s highly unlikely they suspect suicide given she had just arranged a play date IMO

I believe police knew very clearly what inference was likely to be drawn from the phrase “specific vulnerabilities“. It would have been chosen with great care. IMO they‘re trying to convey that they suspect suicide, while avoiding the use of that word. JMO and I sincerely hope I’m wrong.
I think that's a leap.
It could be something as simple as diabetes, forgot insulin, skipped breakfast, forgot to take a medicine for a specific condition- instances that would have weakened her physically, brought about dizziness, low blood sugar, propensity to falling..so many possibilities on the physical realm without need to speculate upon a mental condition that predisposed an action.
I'm being careful because this is a public forum and tiny children may read my words and my words may hurt them.
I don't want to do that.
Ever.

I have been wondering this. It would could also add another dynamic that may explain her disappearance.
If you want to play the jumping to conclusions game, consider that theory in addition to the drive to meet her boss the night or two before she went missing. It's not an avenue that particularly interests me personally, but you never know with these things.

Vulnerabilities could cover such a wide range of issues - health, medication, someone not taking their prescription meds that they should be taking, mental health, depression, debt, pregnancy, some kind of addiction, stress and pressure (work and/or family issues), relationship breakdown, inter marital affairs, bereavement or previous attempts of suicide. The list is endless.

IMO - If the police do not want to release the information it is clearly out of respect for her and her family. I don't think illness / medication would be hurtful if made public. I feel it's more like mental health, addiction or relationship issues of some sort.

It's strange though that in the channel 5 documentary her partner didn't feel like she would ever voluntarily leave Willow alone as she saw her as their 3rd child.

Apologies if it's already been said but I was very mindful of the description "gone into the river" being used as opposed to "fallen in the river", and I did not hear the word "accident" used once. Sadly, in my opinion the self harming theory is the most likely hypothesis now.

here are my thoughts
  • Police don't suspect any crime (in both fishermen and red van theory)
  • Their main hypothesis is still she is in the water
  • But they are not 100% sure she went into the water
  • Police want some evidence to rule out she left the field onto Garstang road
  • NB has some vulnerabilities (can't be revealed for privacy) that made her high risk.

I can only think these 3 possibilities
  • NB has left the field onto Garstang road and taken her own life somewhere else (nearby).
  • NB left on her own volition
  • NB is in the river but police divers somehow missed her

And I don't think NB's vulnerability is 'suicidal' - because if she is found dead and taken her own life it is going to be revealed eventually!

Might sound crazy but you know when PA said everything was unusually calm and organised that morning? That did make me think of when people suddenly seem calmer/happier when they know everything is about to be over.

To be honest, everything PA said was not entirely congruent with what the parents said and the CCTV showed. I'm not saying he's deliberately lying just people's perceptions of reality can wildly differ. For example he said the routine had been the same but in fact it hadn't -
1)the night before N had an unusually long work meeting with her boss that was extended, her parents described this as they had looked after the girls IIRC
2) the parents described her mood as happy and elated as she had secured a mortgage (only a small thing but it was a thing all the same)
3) <modsnip: misinformation>

4) PA said everything was the same as usual but then states N had been more organised that morning and had been ready slightly earlier
I am struggling with the fact that so many things in the space of not even 24 hrs were actually different than usual and yet we hear repeatedly it was just a normal day, same as ever. It wasn't was it? JMO MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so sad to hear about Nicolas vulnerabilities, it sways me more to that she has gone missing of her own accord. I hope she is still alive but I’m sure she would have been recognised by someone given the amount of publicity there is.

I think that's a leap.
It could be something as simple as diabetes, forgot insulin, skipped breakfast, forgot to take a medicine for a specific condition- instances that would have weakened her physically, brought about dizziness, low blood sugar, propensity to falling..so many possibilities on the physical realm without need to speculate upon a mental condition that predisposed an action.
I'm being careful because this is a public forum and tiny children may read my words and my words may hurt them.
I don't want to do that.
Ever.
In my opinion information of an illness such as this would be made public as the urgency to find her fast would be huge. I also don't feel that, that information would need to be kept quiet to protect her and her loved ones.

Attachments

• Weir.jpg
    Weir.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 33
As regards the possibility that NB may have taken her own life - and to be clear, the police were not implying that - it still strikes me as odd that she would have been texting and doing a works call in the minutes before she disappeared, if that was her intention. Ah, I don't know. It's all so sad and puzzling. JMO.
I think 'vulnerabilities' does imply that and the police must surely know that's how it will be taken by many. Imo if it was something less sensitive such as forgetting to take insulin, it could have been stated. But like you I find it puzzling - including leaving the dog loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member