GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a community! Thank you all for your special skills and talents! I am never going to be the person that remembers the minute details of evidence, nor am I going to research crime scene conditions using any type of math. I am fixated on what motivates human behavior, and how that manifests in crime and crime scenes. We all have a role to play, and my faith in humanity and the power of community is renewed every day here!

That said, let's talk about shame. What is shame? AM is shameless and also said to be motivated to commit these crimes by shame. I feel shame on his behalf when I look at him. It is shameless to murder, to steal, and lie and lie and lie to people. I don't know if he is motivated by shame. I think he is motivated by power.

I use this case to talk to my teens about accountability and the corrupting influence of unchecked power, and just how to be a good human. As my amazing dad used to say, "Don't start believing your own BS. You can lie to other people, but at the end of the day, you can't lie to yourself."

Thank you for all of your passion about justice, fairness, and kindness in this world. Please do something every day to make the world a more beautiful place in place of these victims.

LOL, I was watching Court tv, my husband said he "was done with this trial", and wanted to watch "real news", So, as the wonderful, obedient wife that I am, I changed the channel to Fox News, and it is ALL about the Murdaugh Trial.

LOL!!! I almost fell off the sofa laughing. He stomps to his man cave.

It’s so sad that not one person came forward to speak up on behalf of Maggie and Paul. No family member. No friend.

I realize that many gave testimony and spoke up for them by testifying honestly then. But this would have been the opportunity to speak directly to Alex and to the judge imposing sentence, even if only to say that this crime has left them reeling in incomprehension and torn them in half - between their love of and grief for the loss of Maggie and Paul and their love of and grief for Alex who stands convicted of causing that loss. Instead the State stood alone to represent Maggie and Paul and the unacceptability of the violations against them and against the whole community.

judge Newman is a wise judge and a compassionate person. Even as he prepared to sentence Alex, he appealed to him like a father or pastor would, telling Alex that the path to wholeness is through honesty and confession of wrongdoing. That was a reminder of and an invitation to the path of redemption. Alex rejected it, apparently determined to make rock bottom somewhere lower than where he is now.

I assume Alex won’t be transported to prison just yet as he will have to appear in “courts” for his 99 financial trials?
I believe that he will go to Columbia, CCI-Central Correctional Institution , for processing then will be assigned a prison to begin his sentence. If the financial trials continue they will transport him back to the appropriate court room.

Judge Newman today adjourned the court "sine die." Had to look that phrase up, it means: indefinitely, with no appointed date for resumption. I like it, I'm going to incorporate it into my repertoire when finishing some project or whatnot.

"I have finished cleaning out the garage, sine die!"

Pro tip: Judge Newman used the hard i for both words, but the dictionary says you can use either a hard or soft i.

I got the sense if prosecution had requested DP, Judge Newman would gladly have granted it.
i think they were smart not to seek DP.....trial would have been different and more difficult to get 12 jurors to agree to take a life. I think the outcome and sentence was perfect...and so great to have it done so quickly. some take months.

I was a little confused on this.
Was it leaked by someone or was it, like the jury being filmed, accidentally filmed on camera.
I know that at one point there was an autopsy picture of MM that was visable on camera and, apparently, there was one of PM that was visable but I did not see that one.
I would hope no one there would leak those horrible pictures.
Yes, this. I don’t think any photos were leaked. Just cameraperson faux pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52