Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea? I didn't realize a link had posted with my first text above, or I wouldn't have bothered posting the second post! But interesting that it's bleeped... but.... I wonder if it had always been that way on that article?

There has been a couple of discussions about this journo's misinterpretation. Moore VS more.
Our two inquest attendees came away with the same impression.

"Another case of misreporting. FFC was saying more not Moore.
And then I drive really slow on more (as in - on further), get to the riding school and I just think 'He's not here'."
Thread 67, post 596

"My thoughts on when she says "than I drive really slow on more & I get to the riding school & I just think , he's not here "
I think I've seen others here mention that "more" was maybe a street name?? ( sorry if already discussed I could have missed it )
I think she's just meaning further along & when she says this she is indicating with her hands moving forward.
Yes walkthru was the 18/9/14"
Thread 64, post 476
I had always thought FM was saying 'Moore', but that her Aussie accent was sounding like 'More'. Is there any such Moore/More street in Kendall or nearby? It seems a bit of a weird way to talk, for a professional woman, which IIRC, she has been portrayed to be?

I had always thought FM was saying 'Moore', but that her Aussie accent was sounding like 'More'. Is there any such Moore/More street in Kendall or nearby? It seems a bit of a weird way to talk, for a professional woman, which IIRC, she has been portrayed to be?
BBM

No More or Moore Street that I could find ….(in Kendall)

There is a Moorland …. To the south of Middle Brother National Park …. But it would be too far to drive, given the current timeline …

JMO - With the iconic photo of William roaring at 9.39am, AND then with the FFC saying that she last saw William when he hopped off the back deck and ran around the side of the house still playing his Daddy Tiger game of roaring,

My questions are:-

....Would William be likely to be playing the Daddy Tiger game for the whole time (50 minutes)? : ‘Somebody has taken him’: William Tyrrell’s foster mother shares grief over loss of three-year-old

OR, did he just resume the Daddy Tiger game again at 10.30am (NB: LE have estimated 10.10am as a possible time for his disappearance)?

OR ALTERNATIVELY, has FFC conflated the two times that he was roaring.... for her story …. by just addressing that photo …….. and then also said that he was roaring when he disappeared?

NB: The iconic last photo of William roaring purported to have been taken at 9.39 am on the morning he disappeared.

Also NB: The FFGM has indicated (As per below) that they had suggested to William that he should roar like a tiger ... because he was taking over everything: e.g. dice throwing, etc.
Those activities were all occurring around 9.37 am (Purported time of the photos) ... HOWEVER, William did not apparently disappear until 10.30 am (According to the FFC) OR: As Strikeforce Rosann have estimated: at around 10.10 am - 10.15 am.

Inside house where William Tyrrell spent his final hours
“Leading two detectives out onto the wooden verandah - the same 'patio' where William was photographed in the iconic Spider-Man image - the grandmother sits down in the same chair she is sitting on in the iconic Spider-Man image.

She said William drew pictures with crayons, 'got fed up', and while he was doing so was photographed by his foster mother, 'that photo of him in the Spider-Man suit, that was taken here'.

'Then (the foster mother) had him throwing the dice, and he was THROWING the dice and she had to teach him that you don’t, just let it roll out of your hand.

The foster grandmother tells detectives 'He was sort of taking over everything and we said "roar, I'm a tiger" and he just disappeared around the corner of the house. And that’s the last I saw of him'.

She said her final look at William 'he was in that boisterous, happy, energetic little phase' and she believed he would have run down the hill sloping away from her house towards the road

'But he still wanted to throw it. He got sick of that as well.'

It was after that, she said, came the last actions of the little boy observed by anyone other than his abductor, the 'daddy tiger' game.

'He was sort of taking over everything and we said "roar, I'm a tiger" and he just disappeared around the corner of the house.”

.... Does anyone else have an opinion on the discrepancy that I have pointed out?

I think she was saying 'more'. And I don't feel that' drove on more' is such an odd thing to say. If someone said that to me, I would know what they were saying. Especially when they were gesturing forward with their hands. They drove further.

The bigger mystery, to me, is why on earth the DM would have that bleeped out.

The unbleeped version was released by the Coroner, as stated by the journo in this linked video who was reporting from the Coroners Court during the inquest. And we can see that the unbleeped version is available in other reliable MSM sources.

Does anyone else have an opinion on the discrepancy that I have pointed out?
I am not sure exactly how to answer that part….or if I am on the correct wavelength….. However…

FF arrived back at Benaroon at approx 10:30am…. And William was already missing at that time…. As per FM approaching his car asking was William with him etc ….. and various other events in FM’s statements etc

So to me, he can’t have gone off “roaring” at 10:30am … it would have to be some time before that ….

IMO ….. It is possible that the photo story and William’s actual disappearance have all been rolled into one event…. I think that could very easily happen when re-telling what happened …

And by the images of the dice in the photos … that event did also occur before 10:00am …. even though it sounds like (in FGM’s) version that it occurred just before William “roared around the corner” ….

Using the photos as evidence … it can be considered that the Time the Police estimated at the inquest could be correct…… or it could have even been earlier??? But sometime after that 9:37am photo was taken…

All IMO and speculation …

The neighbour is AMS.
Their interaction begins at 10.40am
The neighbour does not confirm this in her evidence to the inquest. From 10.40, AMS explains where the FFC is searching on Benaroon Drive up until the FFC calls the police back at the house and then the continued search the FFC does after the phonecall, on foot, up until even after the police arrive and does not even go and speak to them back at the house until she is called to go and do so and that is after she has approached another neighbour LH. at 11.30am. and still continued searching on foot.
So technically, by this account @iiiii's - the FF, when he arrived home, at approx 10:30am is the first person the FM told that William was missing??? And not AMS, as previously thought via media versions etc …

Unless we have an exact time that FM told FGM or William’s sister that William was missing?? Which IIRC ????? we don’t …..

And via the FF Walkthru with Police he says the FGM is still sitting on the back deck when he walks through from the carport … so possibly FGM has not looked for William prior to 10:30am ??

IMO

Last edited:
Time of William’s disappearance:

JMO – There is something wrong in this:

These are the facts that I have used:

1. FFC -
She says that it was 10.30am (000 call says that) …. Was this an estimate by her OR did she know for sure?

Detective Inspector Laidlaw says it was 10.10 – 10.15 IN THEIR WORDS: William Tyrrell's parents talk of the day their boy went missing and the 'living nightmare' they endure
“D: I had a meeting and I arrived back and there was a bit of confusion if William was with me, because he’s always looking out for me and my car, and I was on my way back, and I’d arrived back and been asked if William was with me and I said no, then I immediately got out of the car and started looking around, and within 5 minutes we raised the alarm and I think I ran the perimeter of the whole street within about 10-15 minutes, and I mean, he wouldn’t, he’s not a wanderer, he wouldn’t even cross the street by himself. He wouldn’t go far.”

1. FFC would have been searching for William BEFORE THE TIME of MFC’s text message (which was sent at 10.30am exactly).

2. From Laidlaw’s time of 10.10 – 10.15 (that search time duration would have been for approx 20 minutes (and at 10.56am, she told the 000 Operator that they had been searching for 15 – 20 mins, My point is: when the Operator said “OK. So he's been missing since about 10:30?”, and FFC replied “Yeah I’d say so”). SO, when the Operator asked: How long has he been missing? FFC didn’t know (she answered: “I th... well, I think, well, we've been looking for him now for about fifteen or twenty minutes but...”.

3. AT THE POINT THAT she had discovered William to be missing) she hadn’t received the text message from MFC! …… My point is: and she wouldn’t then (at that time) have thought that William could be with MFC!

4. If she had been aware of the real time at the time that she noticed ‘William was quiet’, then she would have told 000 Operator that William had been missing since approx 10.15am.

5. SO, BECAUSE
she has said that she had searched down the side of the house to the road, and MFC’s vehicle wouldn’t have been in sight …. so when he finally arrived, she would know that William would not have been in the vehicle with him.

6. To construct her story later (when she was asked for those details by LE), because she didn’t know the actual time when she noticed William had gone missing, FFC has obviously used MFC’s text message time (10.30) as a starting time (text time message time on their phones is valid).

7. Question: Why did MFC say when he arrived back at 10.35am: that FFC then asked him “Is William with you?” and he replied: “No, why would he be with me?”

…. Was that just pure embellishment of their interaction? (Was MFC just trying to support FFC with her description of William’s disappearance?)

(Counsel assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock SC, asked the man: “You didn’t stop and have a conversation with her [the foster mother] about where she’d already searched, is there any reason for that?”).

William Tyrrell's foster father 'hysterical' when child went missing, inquest hears
The man said he had driven to nearby Lakewood about 9am for a strong internet connection for a conference call and planned to return to the house about 10.30am.

He sent a text to his wife about that time to say he would be home in five minutes.

The foster mother called police at 10.56am to report the missing boy, estimating he had been gone since 10.30am.

Counsel assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock SC, asked the man: “You didn’t stop and have a conversation with her [the foster mother] about where she’d already searched, is there any reason for that?”

“I had assumed in the time that I got home, if she couldn’t find him, that she’d already actually done the immediate area including inside and outside the house,” he said.

CONSIDER: IF MFC had not sent that text to her THEN she would probably not have known what the real time was!
and so instead, if he had not sent the ‘home in 5’ text to her, he would have just arrived back at Benaroon at 10.35am.

AND CONSEQUENTLY: Because she knew that she had already been searching for William for 20 mins (which had commenced at the time she had noticed him to be missing ..say 10.15) when MFC drove back into the Benaroon driveway.

5. Without actually knowing what time William ‘had gone quiet’, the only time that she had become aware of was the time of MFC’s text …. 10.30am, so that became the time she told the 000 Operator.

JMO - With the iconic photo of William roaring at 9.39am, AND then with the FFC saying that she last saw William when he hopped off the back deck and ran around the side of the house still playing his Daddy Tiger game of roaring,

My questions are:-

....Would William be likely to be playing the Daddy Tiger game for the whole time (50 minutes)? : ‘Somebody has taken him’: William Tyrrell’s foster mother shares grief over loss of three-year-old

OR, did he just resume the Daddy Tiger game again at 10.30am (NB: LE have estimated 10.10am as a possible time for his disappearance)?

OR ALTERNATIVELY, has FFC conflated the two times that he was roaring.... for her story …. by just addressing that photo …….. and then also said that he was roaring when he disappeared?

NB: The iconic last photo of William roaring purported to have been taken at 9.39 am on the morning he disappeared.

Also NB: The FFGM has indicated (As per below) that they had suggested to William that he should roar like a tiger ... because he was taking over everything: e.g. dice throwing, etc.
Those activities were all occurring around 9.37 am (Purported time of the photos) ... HOWEVER, William did not apparently disappear until 10.30 am (According to the FFC) OR: As Strikeforce Rosann have estimated: at around 10.10 am - 10.15 am.

Inside house where William Tyrrell spent his final hours
“Leading two detectives out onto the wooden verandah - the same 'patio' where William was photographed in the iconic Spider-Man image - the grandmother sits down in the same chair she is sitting on in the iconic Spider-Man image.

She said William drew pictures with crayons, 'got fed up', and while he was doing so was photographed by his foster mother, 'that photo of him in the Spider-Man suit, that was taken here'.

'Then (the foster mother) had him throwing the dice, and he was THROWING the dice and she had to teach him that you don’t, just let it roll out of your hand.

The foster grandmother tells detectives 'He was sort of taking over everything and we said "roar, I'm a tiger" and he just disappeared around the corner of the house. And that’s the last I saw of him'.

She said her final look at William 'he was in that boisterous, happy, energetic little phase' and she believed he would have run down the hill sloping away from her house towards the road

'But he still wanted to throw it. He got sick of that as well.'

It was after that, she said, came the last actions of the little boy observed by anyone other than his abductor, the 'daddy tiger' game.

'He was sort of taking over everything and we said "roar, I'm a tiger" and he just disappeared around the corner of the house.”

.... Does anyone else have an opinion on the discrepancy that I have pointed out?
Where has it been proven he was roaring in that photo? Did the FM say that? It’s just a photo with his mouth open. He could be laughing or screaming out or even just doing a crazy face.

Where has it been proven he was roaring in that photo? Did the FM say that? It’s just a photo with his mouth open. He could be laughing or screaming out or even just doing a crazy face.
It has been reported numerous times…..in MSM

The five photographs, which include the iconic last one of him “roaring” for the camera, were shot over two minutes and 39 seconds

That's it, thanks SA.
She was saying she drove further down the street to the Riding School.
Maybe, she only tried to say "I drive on slowly" (Google translation for "I drive on slow more" ;) ).
If she weren't constantly describing things in the present tense, she might not have used the awkward language. However, IMO you don't have to gesture with your hands to drive on slowly. Keep going means keep going; what's there to underline with your hands? Everyone knows, that a car usually drives "forward" (wherever it goes).
To me it always seems so constructed, what she says. Like she had some kind of script and had to stick to it. With that, you can certainly get into a skid with the way of expression one time or another. MOO

It has been reported numerous times…..in MSM

The five photographs, which include the iconic last one of him “roaring” for the camera, were shot over two minutes and 39 seconds

I wonder and I am missing that info (until now), that he was "roaring" for the camera. I always thought, little W was only roaring, when he was out of sight. Though it isn't important for the case probably.

https://www.news.com.au/national/co...n/news-story/7ad0e147f361195409d52850c11ad71a
“For the next two photographs, the foster mother appears to have been crouching down in front of William, who is captured with his left hand on his left knee and what appears to be dice in his right hand.

Fifteen seconds later, he is roaring into the camera.”

I agree LolaAngelina that much of what is purported to have happened that morning has yet to be proven ...e.g. Others are related as follows:

Never before seen final photos of William Tyrrell released
“But the photos had a 'corrected time' ranging between 9.35am and 9.37am.

10 News reported the foster mother had told police she had never entered the correct time into the digital camera the pictures were taken on.

The coroner said she wanted the discrepancy examined.

I thought everyone must've gone on holiday, been very quiet of late. :cool:

Clearly, the FFC meant she drove on further (more). What this does raise however is where she actually stopped initially on Batar Creek Rd, if she says I drove further (more). Has it ever been established in metres... say from the riding school that she pulled to the side of the road first? Was it halfway, how far from the corner of Benaroon Drive was it?

Clearly, the FFC meant she drove on further (more). What this does raise however is where she actually stopped initially on Batar Creek Rd, if she says I drove further (more). Has it ever been established in metres... say from the riding school that she pulled to the side of the road first? Was it halfway, how far from the corner of Benaroon Drive was it?
Most likely it was due to her anxiety level that she described her drive by using the superfluous 'more'; e.g. All that was necessary for her to say was: 'I drove on'. (Unless, of course, that was the second time that she had 'driven on' ... following pulling over!).

It has been reported widely that nothing was found in the big dig/ground penetrating radar/luminol search. I think it is likely that the Coroner has ruled out the Batar Creek Road location. Theory tested, nothing found. imo

Eg:
.... police were undertaking an extensive, and very public, search of a number of areas in and near William’s foster grandmother's house in Kendall, NSW. The search concluded after four weeks without any substantial findings, once again leaving two families still desperate for answers.
Where's William? Another Dead End?

During the search, officers found pieces of cloth seeming to match the Spider-Man outfit William was wearing when he disappeared and even bone fragments. However, nothing was deemed to be connected to the case.
Update in William Tyrrell foster dad’s case of allegedly lying to the NSW Crime Commission

Despite years of investigations, police interviews, inquests and even a dig for William's remains, no trace of the child has ever been found.
Mystery remains eight years on from William Tyrrell's disappearance

BBM

No More or Moore Street that I could find ….(in Kendall)

There is a Moorland …. To the south of Middle Brother National Park …. But it would be too far to drive, given the current timeline …

Even though this was a wild guess as to why the “more” may have been bleeped out …. On checking Caroline Overington’s book this morning, there was a “Moorey” living on Benaroon Drive and a “Moores” living on Ellendale at the time of William’s disappearance…

Reference: Photo section of Missing William Tyrrell.

Honestly I don’t think we know the answer to your question….

I am not sure if Mr Craddock asked the FM that question at the inquest???

Honestly I don’t think we know the answer to your question….

I am not sure if Mr Craddock asked the FM that question at the inquest

Well that's a surprise isn't it, not!! There are certain questions that keep getting avoided, over the years, wouldn't want to upset the narrative, would we?

It has been reported widely that nothing was found in the big dig/ground penetrating radar/luminol search. I think it is likely that the Coroner has ruled out the Batar Creek Road location. Theory tested, nothing found. imo

Eg:
.... police were undertaking an extensive, and very public, search of a number of areas in and near William’s foster grandmother's house in Kendall, NSW. The search concluded after four weeks without any substantial findings, once again leaving two families still desperate for answers.
Where's William? Another Dead End?

During the search, officers found pieces of cloth seeming to match the Spider-Man outfit William was wearing when he disappeared and even bone fragments. However, nothing was deemed to be connected to the case.
Update in William Tyrrell foster dad’s case of allegedly lying to the NSW Crime Commission

Despite years of investigations, police interviews, inquests and even a dig for William's remains, no trace of the child has ever been found.
Mystery remains eight years on from William Tyrrell's disappearance

It's likely whatever was disposed of (possibly the shoes) on Batar Creek Rd was possibly removed later on. I mean they were never considered persons of interest in that first week or subsequent weeks. There's no way the FFC took William down to the riding school and attempted to dispose of him, that's the stuff of make-believe.

IMO, the purpose for driving on Batar Creek Rd was to simply remove evidence, it had nothing to do with checking to see if a 3yr old walked that far. Again I ask the question; why didn't she turn left out of Benaroon Drive onto Batar Creek Rd? If she was checking if he walked down there, why only right? That's why her story has never added up, nor do the time stamps or anything after 10 o'clock.

Have all the theories been tested, that's again, a $1m question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike