SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a myth that illegal distribution of opioids to drug dealers exists in pharmacies -- especially for well-heeled buyers.

3/8/23

[..]

'Laurence Doud cared more about his own paycheck than his responsibility as CEO of RDC to prevent dangerous opioids from making their way to pharmacies, drug dealers, and people struggling with addiction,' said Damian Williams, US Attorney for the Southern District of New York.

'The sentence imposed today holds Doud responsible for shipping massive amounts of dangerous and highly addictive oxycodone and fentanyl to pharmacies that he knew were illegally dispensing those controlled substances
and reaffirms this Office's commitment to seeking justice for the many victims of the opioid epidemic.'

Doud was charged alongside the company's head of compliance, William Pietruszewski. He pleaded guilty and testified against Doud.

The company itself entered into an agreement under which the government said it would not prosecute as long as they paid a $20 million fine, followed the law and submitted to five years of supervision by an independent monitor.

DH has no filter at all and is no longer effective in the courtroom and apparently he rarely makes it to a vote in the Senate.
Believe the AM trial was going to be DH's swan song and coming out with a win to stick another feather in his hat but IMO see nothing but the beginning of the end of DH as well and fade into just a memory with the AM case being nothing but an eternal thorn in his side.

What to Know About South Carolina Judge Who Sentenced Alex Murdaugh to 2 Life Terms in Prison​

Judge Clifton Newman — who once attended a segregated high school in South Carolina — presided over Alex Murdaugh's trial​

For more than six weeks, the trial of Alex Murdaugh progressed quickly — despite the media mob, a Covid outbreak among the jurors, and even a bomb threat.

At the center of the trial was Clifton B. Newman, 71, who is serving out his fourth and final term as a judge with the South Carolina Circuit Court.

Known for his no-nonsense ways and his methodical demeanor, Newman rarely gave any window into what he was thinking during the proceedings — until the post-conviction hearing where he sentenced Murdaugh to two consecutive life terms for the murders of his wife, Maggie, and son, Paul.

During sentencing, Newman addressed Murdaugh at length, saying, "I know you have to see Paul and Maggie during the nighttime when you're attempting to go to sleep. I'm sure they come and visit you."

After Murdaugh claimed he was innocent for the second time in the morning, Newman said, "It might not have been you. It might have been the monster you become. When you take 20, 40, 50, 60 opioid pills, maybe you become another person."

Where Is Alex Murdaugh's Dog, Bubba, Who Helped Place the Disgraced Attorney at Murder Scene?​

Alex Murdaugh was handed down two life sentences after he was convicted of murder and weapons charges for the 2021 slayings of his wife and son​

A beloved family dog proved to play a surprising key role in convincing a jury that Alex Murdaugh murdered his wife and son.

In a shocking twist of events during Murdaugh's high-profile, nearly six-week trial, prosecutors presented the court with a Snapchat video captured by Paul Murdaugh the night he was shot and killed by his father.

In the damning video, Murdaugh, 54, who prosecutors say killed his wife and son amid personal and financial struggles, is heard retrieving a chicken from family pet Bubba, a yellow Labrador said to be his wife Maggie Murdaugh's favorite dog.

"Come here, Bubba!" Murdaugh was heard saying. "Come here, Bubba!"

Although Murdaugh firmly maintained his innocence throughout the trial, prosecutors insisted the shocking audio placed him at the scene of the crime — near the dog kennels at the family's sprawling 1,770-acre South Carolina hunting estate — minutes before Paul, 22, and Maggie, 52, were both shot to death.

Where Is Alex Murdaugh's Dog, Bubba, Who Helped Place the Disgraced Attorney at Murder Scene?​

Alex Murdaugh was handed down two life sentences after he was convicted of murder and weapons charges for the 2021 slayings of his wife and son​

A beloved family dog proved to play a surprising key role in convincing a jury that Alex Murdaugh murdered his wife and son.

In a shocking twist of events during Murdaugh's high-profile, nearly six-week trial, prosecutors presented the court with a Snapchat video captured by Paul Murdaugh the night he was shot and killed by his father.

In the damning video, Murdaugh, 54, who prosecutors say killed his wife and son amid personal and financial struggles, is heard retrieving a chicken from family pet Bubba, a yellow Labrador said to be his wife Maggie Murdaugh's favorite dog.

"Come here, Bubba!" Murdaugh was heard saying. "Come here, Bubba!"

Although Murdaugh firmly maintained his innocence throughout the trial, prosecutors insisted the shocking audio placed him at the scene of the crime — near the dog kennels at the family's sprawling 1,770-acre South Carolina hunting estate — minutes before Paul, 22, and Maggie, 52, were both shot to death.
Bubba was a key player in that scene and I am glad that Blanca now has the dog. She seemed like a very smart and honorable friend of the family. In fact so many on that stand really were loyal and it was hard for them to be up there..some still i disbelief at what AM had done.

Last edited:
After learning at trial that AM sped at 80 mph to get back to Moselle from his Mom's, it made me more curious than ever as to why he had a flashlight in his hand when the first responders got there. What was he looking for that the kennel lights didn't illuminate? What else could have been there that he needed to find and get rid of? Arrggg it bugs me.

After learning at trial that AM sped at 80 mph to get back to Moselle from his Mom's, it made me more curious than ever as to why he had a flashlight in his hand when the first responders got there. What was he looking for that the kennel lights didn't illuminate? What else could have been there that he needed to find and get rid of? Arrggg it bugs me.
I still can't get over the repeated question "Are they dead" "Are they dead" because if not he would have been in even more trouble.

What I would like to know is how Alex got so much snot to come out of his nose! Maybe he was having some kind of purposeful allergic reaction to those little candies or whatever he was eating throughout the whole trial? Maybe something was added to his water bottle? I really want to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA