TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked it through with a special operative/Chicago cop today and he absolutely loved the video. Handled it absolutely brilliantly. <modsnip: no source link>

He said this was near perfection, which isn’t easy in the moment, when your adrenaline is going.

True heroes professional and didn't hesitate!

He certainly did. Added innuendo. Added more heartbreak. To a man who just saw his 9 year old slaughtered.

He also caused heartbreak to all of the other families who lost someone, as they try to piece together the "why". I'm sure they were all wondering if there was something to this. Ugh.

Who goes on TV show with innuendoes and rumors within 48 hours of the crime? A pastor? Really? Imho
I think they have now handled it and worked it out within the church community. He is a former pastor, and member of the flock. They will not harbor ill feelings toward him now that it is cleared up. JMO.

We, the public, may still be coming to terms with it, but I think it is resolved now internally with the former pastor's statement to the public.

It was a friend of her family who wished to remain anonymous, so I think it is from a credible source.

According to this article, those with gender dysphoria have a higher rate of autism:
It hasn't come from his family, though, or his doctor or psych, or LE. So at this point, it's come from an anonymous person who claims a connection with the family. And we don't know what they're basing that on - them being told he was autistic by the family, or him coming across as awkward socially and the source making an assumption. Not saying it's not true, just saying it's coming several degrees removed.

MOO

It hasn't come from his family, though, or his doctor or psych, or LE. So at this point, it's come from an anonymous person who claims a connection with the family. And we don't know what they're basing that on - them being told he was autistic by the family, or him coming across as awkward socially and the source making an assumption. Not saying it's not true, just saying it's coming several degrees removed.

MOO
IMO could be like the Pastor and the counseling insinuation.

Personally I think Bachmann made a mess of this and I'm glad that his statements have been walked back. MOO

Even if it was true there was no reason for him to speak publicly about that unless he just wanted to insert himself into this tragedy. And I think that’s exactly what he wanted. Shameful.

It's appeared in multiple articles, but it looks like the original source was someone speaking to The Daily Beast. Give it however much weight you like.

‘Quiet’ Ex-Student in Nashville Massacre Had a ‘Manifesto’

There is a tendency for people, especially in the media, to slap the word autism on anyone they see as socially awkward. I for one would like to see a more concrete source for this information.

MOO
In the below article, the reporter says "the police said" (but did not name a disorder):

In this case, no one slapped a word on. IMO. But less reputable news sources may have borrowed liberally. Seems to be pretty common these days.

IMO.

Even if it was true there was no reason for him to speak publicly about that unless he just wanted to insert himself into this tragedy. And I think that’s exactly what he wanted. Shameful.
Thanks, that's how I feel but didn't want to type it. He should have reflected how his words would be interpreted before weighing in on this matter. MOO

In the below article, the reporter says "the police said" (but did not name a disorder):

In this case, no one slapped a word on. IMO. But less reputable news sources may have borrowed liberally. Seems to be pretty common these days.

IMO.
Autism isn't a mental health disorder.

I've seen 'emotional disorder' written elsewhere, which isn't a clear diagnostic label.

I am not convinced said 'emotional disorder' and the claim of autism are the same thing.

People can be autistic and have mental health conditions as well. I know this personally.

I'm waiting for clearer information, is all I'm saying.

MOO

From link:

Hale's focus on the team and former teammates resulted in awkward and strange interactions with those teammates in recent years, a teammate said.

Mia Phillips was on the team with Hale in the same grade. Phillips said the team thought Hale was shy, so the team befriended Hale.

Phillips shared a story about attending Middle Tennessee State University, and how Phillips had already received an email from Hale as Phillips set up a university email account. Hale also sent Phillips memorabilia related to their middle school basketball team, despite Phillips not knowing how Hale had Phillips' address.

“I’m trying to be as respectful and also as honest as possible,” Phillips said. “It felt obsessive. It felt like stalkerish behavior.”

After middle school, Phillips and Hale attended different high schools and drifted apart. Hale reached out to Phillips periodically on social media, often about their time on the middle school basketball team.

What happened when they released or published other manifestos? The recent manifestos of the Walmart shooter and the Buffalo grocery store shooter were available online, iirc.
And then there were more mass shootings.

We don't know if they were related. My thoughts are to err on the side of caution.

JMO

It's appeared in multiple articles, but it looks like the original source was someone speaking to The Daily Beast. Give it however much weight you like.

‘Quiet’ Ex-Student in Nashville Massacre Had a ‘Manifesto’

There is a tendency for people, especially in the media, to slap the word autism on anyone they see as socially awkward. I for one would like to see a more concrete source for this information.

MOO

In this case, no one slapped a word on, IMO. But less reputable news sources may have borrowed liberally. Seems to be pretty common these days.

IMO.

Do you think spree killers read others' manifestos and research on manifestos before killing?

It's a bit too late to suppress all the many, many ideological webstes/forums that explore this kind of thing (most without the integrity of rules that WS has).

IMO. I have no data that shows that spree killers read each others ideological positions. Would love to see some.
I don't know if they read other specific manifestos. Everyone's trigger is different. The commonality is reacting in a violent way.

IMO, I think the reason mass shooters take this action is because of a tragic disconnect with society.

JMO

So everyone that’s come forward so far are essentially from Audrey’s middle school days? Did she not have any friends in high school? College? After school? Did she have any friends at all?

That's my current take.

It's as if time stopped in middle school.

Each acquaintance that has gone on record describes the interactions as "strange" , out of the blue and stalkerish.

(This young lady quoted in the article, the twin of the young lady who passed away and the young lady who received the Instagram message).

Imho

Last edited:
IMO We should refrain from glorifying these individuals by not publishing their manifestos, which is precisely what they wanted in the first place. It's something to try since, unfortunately, it's unlikely the weapons used by these shooters will ever be banned in the US.
Perhaps there is a middle ground: hold the manifesto until the probable cause hearing or even the trial, when the crushing MSM focus has moved on.

So everyone that’s come forward so far are essentially from Audrey’s middle school days? Did she not have any friends in high school? College? After school? Did she have any friends at all?
Here's a bit more from a different recent article:

From link:

In February 2022, Hale came uninvited to a birthday party at Ponobe’s Bar and Restaurant in Goodlettsville that was attended by some members of that middle school team, Phillips said. Hale did not seem to be using male pronouns at the time, Phillips said. (Phillips declined to name the other people at the party).

Phillips arrived after Hale and noticed her former teammate acting visibly drunk, stumbling and slurring words. But the other people at the party said that Hale hadn’t had anything to drink. Everyone believed Hale was pretending to be drunk at a party she hadn’t been invited to, Phillips said.

Phillips hadn’t seen Hale in person for many years, she said. But remembering Hale’s mother from their middle school playing days, Phillips tried to get Hale's phone so she could contact Hale's family and get Hale home safely. But Hale refused. The other people at the party weren’t sure what to do for Hale.

“Everybody was confused,” Phillips said. “It was just rubbing us in a weird way of like, giving us a really negative feeling. It didn't feel right.”

End Quote

(much more on link)

That's my current take.

It's as if time stopped in middle school.

Each acquaintance that has gone on record describes the interactions as "strange" , out of the blue and stalkerish.

(This young lady quoted in the article and the twin if the young lady who passed away and the young lady who received the Instagram message).

Imho
Middle school may have been when she decided to "come out" and start limiting her friends to those who also identify as gay or transgender. I doubt those friends want to talk to the press out of fear for their own safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa