Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

his cooperation with the Policía Nacional has been “zero” ----》according to the family lawyer.
Respectively annotated by me.

That is the problem for me. The family have made their accusations from the beginning, without any evidence to back them up. So I don't regard what they say as unbiased, factual information that I can rely on.

JMO

Respectively annotated by me.

That is the problem for me. The family have made their accusations from the beginning, without any evidence to back them up. So I don't regard what they say as unbiased, factual information that I can rely on.

JMO
I take your point and as said several times myself, I would wonder how much live information they’re been given.

But Joaquín Amills isn’t the family. He’s a deeply respected figure in Spain, running the principal non-profit for missing persons in the nation. He’s saying he’s in constant contact with the police (as he has been countless times before). I do not think he would lie about that under any circumstances whatsoever.

Last edited:
"Added to this, it has been revealed that the case has been moved to Court 51, a gender violence court, which means that there is evidence that someone in her inner circle is the main suspect."
I don't understand Spanish law or procedures. In the countries I'm familiar with, police investigate a case until they have enough evidence to take it to court. The courts don't get involved until after charges are laid. The courts play no part in investigating a crime.

JMO

But Joaquín Amills isn’t the family. He’s a deeply respected figure in Spain, running the principal non-profit for missing persons in the nation. He’s saying he’s in constant contact with the police (as he has been countless times before). I do not think he would lie about that under any circumstances whatsoever.
I guess, again, I'm not familiar with police investigations where someone who is a case insider, is permitted to communicate what they know to anyone, much less the general public. The progress of investigations that I'm familiar with, are normally kept concealed from everyone, even family, mainly to ensure that perpetrators can't also follow the investigation and therefore further cover up the crime. Information is shared on a 'need to know' basis, at least until a long period of time has passed.

JMO

This is a couple who were going through a divorce and the wife left the country to live abroad. It seems that they both had made the decision to go their separate ways. So it actually is more like AK's ex-husband, even though it wasn't formalized yet through divorce proceedings.

Given the circumstances, his attorney's advice to not take a lie detector test sounds like a sound decision, especially since the disappearance of AK took place in a foreign country with different laws, legal processes, etc.

There is a human factor here, just lack of human decency, nothing else. I can't comment on what i don't know, but just what we do know...think of it, they lived together for 12 years, and he left all of it behind. Ana might be in trouble and needing help, she might not be here, but he just stepped over these twelve years and walked away.

I agree that his lawyer would insist that going to Spain would be against his own best interests, and that is why someone hires a lawyer, to look after your own best interests.

IMO, as the soon-to-be ex-husband, he's obviously the prime suspect no matter what he does. There is no possible script he can act out that would, under any circumstances, absolve him from the role of prime suspect in the currently, entirely fictional whodunit that people are creating in their heads.

If he went to Spain, the Spanish media would photograph him and hound him for comments, and the reaction would be 'how brazen!' 'what an obvious liar!', 'He doesn't look broken-hearted enough', 'he's just acting the part, those aren't real tears!', etc etc etc.

He'd just be more fodder for tabloid melodrama.

He doesn't have prove anything to anyone by acting out a part. He doesn't have a fan club who he has to please, he doesn't have to worry that people will stop buying his products, or stop voting for him, or camp out in front of his house holding up handwritten signs for the cameras.

People can hate on him all they want, it doesn't affect him one iota. It's only the police investigation that matters. That's just reality, like it or not.

JMO

There is one more person for whom it should matter. His current love interest.
As we all know, when married men have affairs they say that their marriage is "a formality", that they are on the verge of the divorce, that their ex is a horrible person, all this jazz. And women being women, most believe all of it. If his GF is in Colombia, there might be additional incentives to believe and get married. But, this is the time to think seriously about Ana's husband, if someone is considering the future with him. Does the second marriage last longer than the first one, statistically? No. Is the chance of a divorce higher? Yes. Some women hope that kids could cement the marriage, but as Chris Watt's example (and not only his) has shown, not at all. And seeing how the first divorce goes, one can predict that nothing is going to change if someone is facing a second one.

I have no information allowing me to think DK is complicit in Ana's disappearance. The timing is convenient, but that's not enough to make such a serious accusation at this moment. In general, I have a strange feeling that the situation might be way more complicated and convoluted than one person's direct or indirect involvement. But we'll see.

It's not just any person. It's Ana's husband.

Let me respectfully disagree. I personally don't think highly of the polygraph tests and if they are not admissible in court (meaning, the science behind them is not objective or invariably reproducible), then why bother?

Another thing - among other things, David, more than anyone else, should be interested in the case being solved; it is about his reputation and name. Can you imagine, going through your life with everyone, always, wondering, what if... IMHO, he should maximally help find Ana. (But polygraph is not helpful, IMHO.)

This is a couple who were going through a divorce and the wife left the country to live abroad. It seems that they both had made the decision to go their separate ways. So it actually is more like AK's ex-husband, even though it wasn't formalized yet through divorce proceedings.

Given the circumstances, his attorney's advice to not take a lie detector test sounds like a sound decision, especially since the disappearance of AK took place in a foreign country with different laws, legal processes, etc.
Yes and according to David's lawyer they are still great friends + amicable.

I agree that his lawyer would insist that going to Spain would be against his own best interests, and that is why someone hires a lawyer, to look after your own best interests.

IMO, as the soon-to-be ex-husband, he's obviously the prime suspect no matter what he does. There is no possible script he can act out that would, under any circumstances, absolve him from the role of prime suspect in the currently, entirely fictional whodunit that people are creating in their heads.

If he went to Spain, the Spanish media would photograph him and hound him for comments, and the reaction would be 'how brazen!' 'what an obvious liar!', 'He doesn't look broken-hearted enough', 'he's just acting the part, those aren't real tears!', etc etc etc.

He'd just be more fodder for tabloid melodrama.

He doesn't have prove anything to anyone by acting out a part. He doesn't have a fan club who he has to please, he doesn't have to worry that people will stop buying his products, or stop voting for him, or camp out in front of his house holding up handwritten signs for the cameras.

People can hate on him all they want, it doesn't affect him one iota. It's only the police investigation that matters. That's just reality, like it or not.

JMO
No one has said David is the prime suspect. His lawyer says he and Ana were very good friends and had no issues.

As we all know, when married men have affairs they say that their marriage is "a formality", that they are on the verge of the divorce, that their ex is a horrible person, all this jazz. And women being women, most believe all of it. If his GF is in Colombia, there might be additional incentives to believe and get married. But, this is the time to think seriously about Ana's husband, if someone is considering the future with him. Does the second marriage last longer than the first one, statistically? No. Is the chance of a divorce higher? Yes. Some women hope that kids could cement the marriage, but as Chris Watt's example (and not only his) has shown, not at all. And seeing how the first divorce goes, one can predict that nothing is going to change if someone is facing a second one.

I have no information allowing me to think DK is complicit in Ana's disappearance. The timing is convenient, but that's not enough to make such a serious accusation at this moment. In general, I have a strange feeling that the situation might be way more complicated and convoluted than one person's direct or indirect involvement. But we'll see.
I think there's way more indicators than just "the timing". In my opinion.

With all the facts that we do know... Do you think it's more likely that Ana went for a walk and fell down a sinkhole? Or do you think it's more likely that "someone close to her" was involved with her "disappearance?" [Spanish investigators treating this as Gender Violence + its requirements for that classification]

With all the facts that we do know... Do you think it's more likely that Ana went for a walk and fell down a sinkhole? Or do you think it's more likely that "someone close to her" was involved with her "disappearance?" [Spanish investigators treating this as Gender Violence + its requirements for that classification]
We don't know any facts at this time about any involvement by DK. We do know that AK was on social media meeting new people, so I assume her new friends would be investigated as well. There are other options to investigate besides DK and a sinkhole.

I think there's way more indicators than just "the timing". In my opinion.

There may be high index of suspicion, but we don't have any known facts. Indicators point at bad relationship but not at direct involvement, yet. This is why I wish the Spanish police to solve the case.

Let me respectfully disagree. I personally don't think highly of the polygraph tests and if they are not admissible in court (meaning, the science behind them is not objective or invariably reproducible), then why bother?

Another thing - among other things, David, more than anyone else, should be interested in the case being solved; it is about his reputation and name. Can you imagine, going through your life with everyone, always, wondering, what if... IMHO, he should maximally help find Ana. (But polygraph is not helpful, IMHO.)
I wonder why AK's brother hasn't gone to Spain to help look for his sister.

There may be high index of suspicion, but we don't have any known facts. Indicators point at bad relationship but not at direct involvement, yet. This is why I wish the Spanish police to solve the case.
What? There are many facts that have been reported. Is it a fact that Ana is missing?

Yes, that's my understanding too. In my opinion it's much easier for a multi-millionaire to travel than a member of the working class.
I actually can't remember now; is Felipe Henao based in Florida or Colombia? Either way, having flown to the latter from Madrid, it's not cheap. Here's hoping the poor guy can get some funding.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back