LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested* #2

Victim Impact Statements. In LA., From Whom?

@ChatteringBirds
Oh, sad, sad, sad, I have not followed case closely & am not aware of family members or relatives other than the defendant "parents."

Skimming thru the LA. statute on victim rights,* I saw a VIS clauses applicable only to "victim," "family" or "family members," and "designated family member" (altho I could have missed it; maybe someone else will catch it?).

Well, if judge allowed the victim advocate below to take the stand to testify, at least there’s that.
“At the courthouse Monday, many people showed up to support the parents. The prosecution brought in victim advocate Dana Lovett to support Lacey.” **
Thanks @arielilane for quote & link.

"(b) At the sentencing hearing, the court shall afford the counsel for the defendant, the attorney for the state, and the victim or designated family member an opportunity to comment upon matters relating to the appropriate sentence."

** www.wbrz.com Mar 20
Sentencing for parents charged with manslaughter after daughter 'melted' into couch set for Wednesday morning
They "loved" her to death alright-- I can live with the sentence - it is higher than I expected.
I hope they suffer every minute of every day- and that would still not equal the suffering poor
Lacey endured at their hands. They are the worst of the worst.

During questioning, Sheila Fletcher was asked if she let her daughter make her own decisions knowing she was special needs, and she testified, “Yes.”

She went on to say that she did not want to harm or kill her daughter and that Lacey never said she was in pain. She also testified that she did not think she needs to go to jail.
"We were following the wishes of our daughter" | Parents of woman who died 'melted' on couch to serve 20 years in prison

We ALL beg to differ dear, thankfully a jury of your peers agreed.

Gonna be lots of coping and seething from "supporters" in Slaugter, Louisiana tonight. Blocking the news cameras didn't save the poor pitiful parents from being held responsible for their (in)actions. I may literally go pour one out for Lacey when I get home.

Did the trial actual go off at 9 AM? Why did this take so long?
"Lacey never said she was in pain."
OK but was she even capable of speaking anymore?

Gonna be lots of coping and seething from "supporters" in Slaugter, Louisiana tonight. Blocking the news cameras didn't save the poor pitiful parents from being held responsible for their (in)actions. I may literally go pour one out for Lacey when I get home.

Did the trial actual go off at 9 AM? Why did this take so long?

OK but was she even capable of speaking anymore?
In the years leading up to her death, Lacey was diagnosed with autism and was non-verbal.Parents whose daughter 'melted' into couch sentenced to 40 years in prison, 20 years suspended

she was non verbal per this article so . . .

MOO lying liars lying.

So they are saying they don't think it was their responsibility as her parents to help her with her struggles, and that as long as someone doesn't say it hurts, you can keep doing things that harm them?
None of this makes any remote sense.

It has been suggested that the Fletchers were just not the type of people to host family gatherings or have friends over prior to Lacey's couch confinement. Fair enough, lots of people like that. But for not a single outsider to enter your home in how many years? Did you not need repairs on the inside of the home? What did they do if the toilet needed fixing? Did they ever need a new fridge? Was every single member of both sides of Lacey's family just people that didn't give a crap?

And the church people are weird/interesting for sure. It is almost incomprehensible to me that not a single congregant offered to help with Lacey, the pastor didn't try to come over and counsel with her, or any congregant suggest resources to help. Did no grandma ever try to drop by with a casserole just because? I'm going by my own church experiences of course but I just don't see how this could happen at mine or in my town. Reminder that the mother worked in civics or something like that. Truly incomprehensible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omgitsree
Back