LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested* #2

I can understand so much local support if this was “only” a matter of a few bed sores.

I do have to wonder if the parents convinced their friends that the maggots, feces, coach foam, etc. is all “fake news.” Or maybe that the “melting into the couch” was a very recent deterioration that occurred when overwhelmed parents took a caregiving break. That’s the only way the support makes sense to me. Similar to how Anna Duggar claimed that Josh Duggar was an innocent victim of some scheme orchestrated by President Biden. Have there been any disclosures about what the parents texted/emailed to others after her death?

I thought the same but pictures don’t lie. It was an excellent call to make the photos available to the public. It’s very rare to see a photo of someone on the table being prepared for the autopsy.

Maybe the detectives etc assumed that there would be lies from the parents so they wanted to show the
real horror. This is a horrific case of emotional, psychological and physical abuse.

I thought the same but pictures don’t lie. It was an excellent call to make the photos available to the public. It’s very rare to see a photo of someone on the table being prepared for the autopsy.

Maybe the detectives etc assumed that there would be lies from the parents so they wanted to show the
real horror. This is a horrific case of emotional, psychological and physical abuse.
I wanted there to be a trial ( I know we all did) so people around the world could see the horrific abuse this poor Lacy withstood for most of her life-- It is so profoundly horrible as to be almost unbelievable. I want people to hear the attorney level the allegations against the parents in a courtroom with huge blown up photos - and listen to the defense try and defend the indefensible- you know the parents could never take the witness stand to try and defend their horrific actions/inaction-- Because there will be no trial, only a few people who care, like us here at WS, will never know what really happened, how it happened and why it happened.
The parents will take their plea (which I don't expect to be more than 10- years if that) and that will be that. The fact the judge allowed these horrible people out on bond while they await sentence tells me all I need to know about what the punishment would be. The judge should have said, no you don't get bond, you will be held over in jail until your sentencing date. He should have said he has never seen any abuse as horrific and this, that it shocks the conscience. he didn't go there, so I expect a light sentence. I also expect the parents will have character witnesses possibly speaking at sentencing describing what great people they are, how they have worked for the community for many years and how they loved Lacy.

I wanted there to be a trial ( I know we all did) so people around the world could see the horrific abuse this poor Lacy withstood for most of her life-- It is so profoundly horrible as to be almost unbelievable. I want people to hear the attorney level the allegations against the parents in a courtroom with huge blown up photos - and listen to the defense try and defend the indefensible- you know the parents could never take the witness stand to try and defend their horrific actions/inaction-- Because there will be no trial, only a few people who care, like us here at WS, will never know what really happened, how it happened and why it happened.
The parents will take their plea (which I don't expect to be more than 10- years if that) and that will be that. The fact the judge allowed these horrible people out on bond while they await sentence tells me all I need to know about what the punishment would be. The judge should have said, no you don't get bond, you will be held over in jail until your sentencing date. He should have said he has never seen any abuse as horrific and this, that it shocks the conscience. he didn't go there, so I expect a light sentence. I also expect the parents will have character witnesses possibly speaking at sentencing describing what great people they are, how they have worked for the community for many years and how they loved Lacy.

It positively warrants a trial with huge blow ups. Let’s hope people are expressing their horror throughout the community.

Somewhat interesting, in this case the abuser also tried to "dress up" the victim before the authorities arrived.

from the article:
"The investigation revealed that Candelario changed her daughter into fresh clothes before first responders made contact with her. What investigators thought was dirt in her eyes and under her fingernails turned out to be feces, Gomez said.

In handing down his sentence, Judge Sheehan said, “The bond between a mother and child is one of the purest and most sacred bonds between human beings. It’s a relationship based on love, trust and unwavering protection. Yet, in a shocking betrayal of fundamental trust, you committed the ultimate act of betrayal, leaving your baby terrified, alone, unprotected to suffer what I heard was the most gruesome death imaginable…”
“The only difference is prison will feed you and give you liquids that you denied her,” Judge Sheehan said

Yes, it does seem that way. Unless I've missed something, no one really seems to be fully and fiercely on Lacey's side, except the coroner and maybe law enforcement.

Any locals here? Maybe someone who cares can stand outside the courthouse with signs on sentencing day.
I live 45 mins away….Just getting caught up on this one. I will do some digging. This is heartbreaking and infuriating-I would love to hold a sign up for the “family” to see—wouldn’t be very nice I Can tell you that much…

Somewhat interesting, in this case the abuser also tried to "dress up" the victim before the authorities arrived.

from the article:
"The investigation revealed that Candelario changed her daughter into fresh clothes before first responders made contact with her. What investigators thought was dirt in her eyes and under her fingernails turned out to be feces, Gomez said.

In handing down his sentence, Judge Sheehan said, “The bond between a mother and child is one of the purest and most sacred bonds between human beings. It’s a relationship based on love, trust and unwavering protection. Yet, in a shocking betrayal of fundamental trust, you committed the ultimate act of betrayal, leaving your baby terrified, alone, unprotected to suffer what I heard was the most gruesome death imaginable…”
“The only difference is prison will feed you and give you liquids that you denied her,” Judge Sheehan said

It’s really twisted to dress them up and think that authorities will believe the victim was cared for.

What’s the disconnect there? As soon as anyone enters the room they immediately know the victim was abused.

They didn’t clean or pick up the dead rats, roaches and feces prior to LE arriving. I don’t think they would do that to their living space.

I don’t think any sound individual would be hosting a holiday gathering and leave dead rodents out. Yet they didn’t pick up anything in the area where Lacey was. Bizarre.

It’s really twisted to dress them up and think that authorities will believe the victim was cared for.

What’s the disconnect there? As soon as anyone enters the room they immediately know the victim was abused.

They didn’t clean or pick up the dead rats, roaches and feces prior to LE arriving. I don’t think they would do that to their living space.

I don’t think any sound individual would be hosting a holiday gathering and leave dead rodents out. Yet they didn’t pick up anything in the area where Lacey was. Bizarre.

She got life without parole--- a fitting sentence- although no sentence could possibly be enough for the horror of what she did.
We can hope that tomorrow' s sentence will be fitting for Lacey. I am not optimistic.
Some people should not have kids.

Last edited:

She got life without parole--- a fitting sentence
We can hope that tomorrow' s sentence will be fitting for Lacy. I am not optimistic.
Some people should not have kids.

I was so happy to hear that justice was served. It’s awful to think about how scared she must have been to not see a living person. Torture.

I was so happy to hear that justice was served. It’s awful to think about how scared she must have been to not see a living person. Torture.

I hope she enjoyed her 10 day vacation cause she will be spend the rest of her miserable
life in a tiny cell-- she will however get food and water, something her baby was not given
For 10 days--too bad she wont get that type of punishment.

I watched the Candelario sentencing also and I think it’s a good guideline for what we can expect today—the max I truly think both defendants (whom I will not call parents) will get the full 40 years (and a tongue-lashing that will reverberate). The judge can use today to get the attention of all the little sociopaths out there who might otherwise be tempted to use and neglect a disabled relative for benefits (as one example). One thing I’m surprised about is that one defendant didn’t flip on the other. It wouldn’t make a difference and we would know it was fraudulent, but I’m a bit taken aback bc that obviously can be a Hail Mary strategy.

I watched the Candelario sentencing also and I think it’s a good guideline for what we can expect today—the max I truly think both defendants (whom I will not call parents) will get the full 40 years (and a tongue-lashing that will reverberate). The judge can use today to get the attention of all the little sociopaths out there who might otherwise be tempted to use and neglect a disabled relative for benefits (as one example). One thing I’m surprised about is that one defendant didn’t flip on the other. It wouldn’t make a difference and we would know it was fraudulent, but I’m a bit taken aback bc that obviously can be a Hail Mary strategy.
I have an uneasy feeling these “parents” will be sentenced to far less

I have an uneasy feeling these “parents” will be sentenced to far less
Ditto- as i said in another thread, the fact the judge allowed these two monsters out on bond, when he could have put them in jail until sentencing, was disturbing and leads me to believe they will get a much lighter sentence than they deserve.

What time is the sentencing today and who is covering it live?

I could not find any information as to if this would be covered by any TV station or if it would be streaming. I doubt both. Reading that article, why did the judge drop the 2nd degree murder charge? Probably in order to get the plea to manslaughter- It should be at least 2nd degree.

The article states that on Monday many people came out to support the parents- how disgusting is that?

At the courthouse Monday, many people showed up to support the parents. The prosecution brought in victim advocate Dana Lovett to support Lacey.
Lots of people would find it far easier to pretend it was all Lacey's fault and the parents didn't do nuthin' than to realize they have been lied to for over a decade and believed the front the parents were putting on.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22
Back