GA - Meredith Emerson, 24, Blood Mountain, 4 January 2008

It was on Fox. Still...no one ever said it was stolen! It just came from NC. Could he have purchased the vehicle with a NC tag and not replaced it with a GA tag? Most indigents I know don't have the money to retag their vehicles and nor do they bother. Yes, it could be stolen...but we have to be careful if it hasn't been stated by LE.

When the witness wrote down the plate number in the beginning at the hiking spot, it was GA plates Dekalb county. In between that time and when they found him, the plates were switched to NC. With his criminal background, i'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to steal license plates as it's a lesser crime than committing acts of arson or selling marijuana.

Well...I stand corrected, MEO!! It does state the tag was CHANGED! I am really sorry!! You are right! (OK note the time and date cause I don't back off usually that easily as I am pretty hard headed. hehehe)

Honestly, i hope he didn't steal the NC plate, since then he can also be tracked to wherever that plate is registered in NC. Nothing of that has been brought up yet though, hopefully soon.

It's alright, Searching =) we're all getting frazzled with this hectic case. I too, feel it will only get more hectic..

Thanks! Actually, if he did steal the plate and the people in NC can place their vehicle and date the tag was stolen (as they would have to replace it)...it gives further confirmation he was in their area at that time. In order to replace a tag, you have to sign a notarized affidavit in most states that the former plate was in fact lost, stolen, or multilated. This will give LE more proof.

I am following many cases on here that heat up, grow stone cold, and then heat up again! While this case is starting to blow wide open for now...it could slow to a trickle quickly with his arrest unless they find more evidence of other murders or find Meredith.

I do think this guy must have a few other significant crimes under his belt and we should pursue them all. At 61, you don't start killing people out of the blue, imo. Maybe he has gotten away with more than one because he used to be more careful and now it has gotten to be "routine" for him. I hope it isn't the case, but it sure sounds like it could be. He has serial killer written all over him.

I think he's bold and has just plain gotten lucky. Think about Emerson, Endres and the Bryant cases. They were abducted in public places. And Mrs Bryants and Endres bodies weren't hidden, just not left right out in the open. I also think the disorganization comes from being an impulsive opportunist and not having so much as a plan but going by what's worked for him in the past. And sometimes what's worked in the past doesn't work anymore.

OMG - Did I read that correctly?
Well...since I don't know where you read it...I don't know! This has been my theory tho. She was alive as late as Friday right before he was caught cleaning his van of blood etc. If the dog was found at 2:30pm...I would say at least until noon. In my opinion, he isn't going to let blood sit for days and then try to clean it.

So where did you read this, Jinxie?!

The blood soaked into the clothing they had found appeared fresh (they were trying to figure out if that was due to the cold preserving the blood, or otherwise) from what i had read..

I think he's bold and has just plain gotten lucky. Think about Emerson, Endres and the Bryant cases. They were abducted in public places. And Mrs Bryants and Endres bodies weren't hidden, just not left right out in the open. I also think the disorganization comes from being an impulsive opportunist and not having so much as a plan but going by what's worked for him in the past. And sometimes what's worked in the past doesn't work anymore.
Exactly!!!!

The blood soaked into the clothing they had found appeared fresh (they were trying to figure out if that was due to the cold preserving the blood, or otherwise) from what i had read..
There are definitive tests for approximating age of blood even in the cold. If what they found appeared "fresh" it would mean she was kept alive for at least a couple of days. My theory is that she tried to overpower him from the backseat and it is when he carried out his attack on her.

Bankhead told WSB-TV Channel 2 the GBI crime lab confirmed the blood on clothes was human blood, but are waiting for further tests to determine if it's Emerson's blood.

Another source said the blood appeared very fresh. In grim work, crime lab technicians are trying to determine if it was fresh blood or had been frozen by the cold weather and preserved. If it was fresh it might indicate that Emerson was alive as late as Friday.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14987205/detail.html

If the blood was frozen, there should be a presence of moisture where ice crystals formed and melted. (At least, it is my understanding this should be present.) Blood used for medical purposes can be frozen with Liquid Nitrogen (flash frozen).

It also means she could have been alive into the wee hours of Friday, too, if the blood had frozen on the garments.

The cabin is supposedly in Wolf Creek. Still no confirmation on that. Squatting is a big possibility, IMO.

Theres a movie called Wolf Creek about 2 girls and 1 guy who go hiking in the mountains but they end up having car trouble when they reach the mountains and this creepy old guy comes and says he can offer them help & that has lots car parts back at his cabin so they go with him and he ends up tying them all up and torturing them for days and in the end he kills the 2 girls and the guy escapes but then the guy gets charged for their murders because nobody believes his story about the creepy man! Its actually based on a true story.

Its weird how its a little similar in some aspects of it.

I hope she is found soon!!

KC, I think I saw parts of that movie. I can't watch movies like that, but I catch glimpses of them when the kids (adults) watch them. I might have to try to track that story down.

KC, I think I saw parts of that movie. I can't watch movies like that, but I catch glimpses of them when the kids (adults) watch them. I might have to try to track that story down.

Its very disturbing. I covered my eyes through some scenes!

Edit - i just read the true story online and the murder guy traveled with a dog. how weird

Oh boy no way could I watch something like that esp. based on a true story? Nope...big chicken poo here! :p

Oh boy no way could I watch something like that esp. based on a true story? Nope...big chicken poo here! :p

i know its hard to watch. they like SHOW the torture scenes and when he cuts her throat with the knife. ew.

Ok, I do remember finding the original story. Some freaky guy from Austrailia. I think it's at Crime library.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1
Back