Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I hate to tell you this but every man whose
wife goes jogging isn't Scott Peterson

Gee, thanks for letting me know Bob. That helps a lot.

I guess it's just that I studied that case so much, I can see the parallels. Course, this COULD turn out differently.

We'll see, ;)

fran

There are still a few things that don’t seem to add up with this murder. I am beginning to have another theory of what could have occured.

First…NC didn't fell well at the party it's been said. She still attended for hours and still planned on painting with JA. JA never said NC put her plans on hold to see how she felt in the morning.

What if NC was drugged with say, the date rape drug or something similar (slow acting) before BC left the BBQ at the Duncan's or put in her drink in the frig such as an energy drink that was already open hoping she would sip it when she came home. (could be her routine before she goes to bed)

Second…a drug of this nature he could get her clothes off and put others on her. He would know exactly what she was wearing this way.

Third…she had been sleeping in her daughter's bedroom. I just don't think he would suffocate her with a child there and risk doing it to wake the girls. Even if she was in sleeping in a guest room she would have struggled and made some noise.

If it was done upstairs in a bedroom he would have to get her down the stairs then and either her feet bouncing on the stairs or hitting the walls if he carried her. Noise again.

Fourth…strangulation should show a struggle. Noise being made, possibility something would break or maybe wake the girls up.

Fifth…the silt basin area where NC was found had a black flexible tubing the LE moved around and placed it specifically in a certain area on the white plastic. It is not there any longer since the crime scene tape was removed. If they were pumping the water out it doesn't make sense to drain it out over the highest peak when tube was long enough to put to the side of the basin to drain it.

Is it possible BC took her to this spot in the wooded area, gave her a blow to the head thinking she was dead. She crawled with the little energy she had left to the white plastic couldn't get over the hump because it was too steep, and crawled to the area she was found and just couldn't go any further??

Was she so sick or mentally out of it he got her to get into the car with no problem having her think he was taking her to the hospital? This could answer the reason her purse was in the car.

IF she is alert enough she asks about the kids…He could have placed a fake phone call to one of her friends to watch the kids. BC convinces NC the friend just entered the front door and they came out thru the garage, so she missed the friend who went in.

I know NOTHING about this drug or something like this that can be used on a victum….but I understand you can get the person to do about anything. Was she so weak and sick she just wanted to get to the hospital, but instead was taken to the site she was found.

How simple to get her to get into the car, no force, no struggle, no blood or fluids…..

The reason I am being to lean towards it might not have happened at home is because of this black tubing over the plastic at the site. BC has allowed LE in from the beginning, he knows there is no evidence at the house or in the vehicles. Some say she was partially clothed, did he take her in her outfit from Diana's, and have her jogging clothes together in the car. He just happened to forget something she usually wore. Some say they think he had scratches...this could be due to the brush at the site NC was found.

This isolated area would be chosen since NO one could hear what was occurring in this cul-de-sac.

This is JMO.

There are still a few things that don’t seem to add up with this murder. I am beginning to have another theory of what could have occured.

First…NC didn't fell well at the party it's been said. She still attended for hours and still planned on painting with JA. JA never said NC put her plans on hold to see how she felt in the morning.

What if NC was drugged with say, the date rape drug or something similar (slow acting) before BC left the BBQ at the Duncan's or put in her drink in the frig such as an energy drink that was already open hoping she would sip it when she came home. (could be her routine before she goes to bed)

Second…a drug of this nature he could get her clothes off and put others on her. He would know exactly what she was wearing this way.

Third…she had been sleeping in her daughter's bedroom. I just don't think he would suffocate her with a child there and risk doing it to wake the girls. Even if she was in sleeping in a guest room she would have struggled and made some noise.

If it was done upstairs in a bedroom he would have to get her down the stairs then and either her feet bouncing on the stairs or hitting the walls if he carried her. Noise again.

Fourth…strangulation should show a struggle. Noise being made, possibility something would break or maybe wake the girls up.

Fifth…the silt basin area where NC was found had a black flexible tubing the LE moved around and placed it specifically in a certain area on the white plastic. It is not there any longer since the crime scene tape was removed. If they were pumping the water out it doesn't make sense to drain it out over the highest peak when tube was long enough to put to the side of the basin to drain it.

Is it possible BC took her to this spot in the wooded area, gave her a blow to the head thinking she was dead. She crawled with the little energy she had left to the white plastic couldn't get over the hump because it was too steep, and crawled to the area she was found and just couldn't go any further??

Was she so sick or mentally out of it he got her to get into the car with no problem having her think he was taking her to the hospital? This could answer the reason her purse was in the car.

IF she is alert enough she asks about the kids…He could have placed a fake phone call to one of her friends to watch the kids. BC convinces NC the friend just entered the front door and they came out thru the garage, so she missed the friend who went in.

I know NOTHING about this drug or something like this that can be used on a victum….but I understand you can get the person to do about anything. Was she so weak and sick she just wanted to get to the hospital, but instead was taken to the site she was found.

How simple to get her to get into the car, no force, no struggle, no blood or fluids…..

The reason I am being to lean towards it might not have happened at home is because of this black tubing over the plastic at the site. BC has allowed LE in from the beginning, he knows there is no evidence at the house or in the vehicles. Some say she was partially clothed, did he take her in her outfit from Diana's, and have her jogging clothes together in the car. He just happened to forget something she usually wore. Some say they think he had scratches...this could be due to the brush at the site NC was found.

This isolated area would be chosen since NO one could hear what was occurring in this cul-de-sac.

This is JMO.
Have you been to the site, Mom? There is a fence between the bank with the white tarp and where they found her body. She could not have climbed that fence if she were in the condition you've stated. If she were behind the fence, she would have to swim to the bank with the white tarp. Now that the area in front of the tent is dry, you can see there is no path of trampled weeds, which there would be if she crawled. I think your theory is very possible except for the part that she moved on her own accord after being left. She very well may have been killed at the site, but I doubt she moved. You'd have to look for yourself to understand.

There is water on both sides of the bank with the tarp. The piping could simply be pumping to water from one side to the other. That would be the reasonable thing to do. The front part would be the area LE was most interested in. If you'd like for me to go back out there with you since you missed out this morinng, PM me and we can meet. Then you and I can throw around your theory on the spot.

Wow Momto3! You've sure been giving this some good thought!

I honestly don't think BC acquired the rape drug...dunno if he was able to drug her with something else...hmmmm.... they were hardly speaking I don't know. I guess anything's possible, though.

I honestly don't think she was killed at the site (though I'll await CPD's official determination of that). I got a strong feel that this was a very quick/fast dump out the back. I don't think she was placed in the back where that white tarp thing is...if someone had taken the trouble to carry her over there I don't know why they wouldn't have hidden her in the trees/heavy brush 5 ft further back.

I think it was so pitch black there that it seemed like where she was dumped was 'good enough.' This area has no lighting and I don't think the perp could necessarily see the path along the right hand side very well (not without some strong lighting).

We came to a consensus that this was done in a mad dash...just a "get rid of the body, go to the store, and then get home again." Of note is that from this dump site, going to HT makes sense. It doesn't make sense necessarily going from the Cooper home to HT. But the dump site is in between.

The mystery is why he just HAD to get to the store so early to get detergent. We were wondering what exactly he washed that morning and what was so urgent about it. Because going to the store locks him into an absolute timeline.

Wow Momto3! You've sure been giving this some good thought!

I honestly don't think BC acquired the rape drug...dunno if he was able to drug her with something else...hmmmm.... they were hardly speaking I don't know. I guess anything's possible, though.

I honestly don't think she was killed at the site (though I'll await CPD's official determination of that). I got a strong feel that this was a very quick/fast dump out the back. I don't think she was placed in the back where that white tarp thing is...if someone had taken the trouble to carry her over there I don't know why they wouldn't have hidden her in the trees/heavy brush 5 ft further back.

I think it was so pitch black there that it seemed like where she was dumped was 'good enough.' This area has no lighting and I don't think the perp could necessarily see the path along the right hand side very well (not without some strong lighting).

We came to a consensus that this was done in a mad dash...just a "get rid of the body, go to the store, and then get home again." Of note is that from this dump site, going to HT makes sense. It doesn't make sense necessarily going from the Cooper home to HT. But the dump site is in between.

The mystery is why he just HAD to get to the store so early to get detergent. We were wondering what exactly he washed that morning and what was so urgent about it. Because going to the store locks him into an absolute timeline.
Hey Brad!! Tell us....are we HOT or COLD!!

:floorlaugh: Now that is funny in lite of the reason we are here.

After almost 3 weeks since NC murder and all the posts, some things have been talked about that I would not have thought of on my own. Things that I have mentioned others would not have thought of. This is why we are so freq on here to try to put this puzzle together.

In regard to my theory post today, I feel we need to expand other possible theories now that many others have seen the site today and Holly Springs Rd. I have said from the beginning she would NOT have jogged HS Rd for any reason. We keep thinking it happened at her home....but it might not have.

A few things many of us have questions about regarding NC murder:

Purse in vehicle...normal or abnomal for NC
Long sleeves worn by BC...normal or abnormal
2nd & 3rd SW served.....possibly not enough evidence at the home or cars
No noise made....very close neighbors..kids didn't wake up
Location of murder......home or location NC is found (no theory about location where BC was found) (BFT?)
BC alone, got help, paid for crime...reason for 3rd SW
Purchase at HT....no matter what time...detergent was purchased...why?

In regard to the drug....this was only a possible theory of mine. Could he buy it on the internet? Could this be the reason Cisco was searched...actual pkg received there? Papers regarding the drug in his office?

I would think if he had a laptop for Cisco, it most likely was at his home during the SW and would have been taken then. Did this lead LE to Cisco to check out the desk?

Anyone with any other thoughts on this?

rddss58....that might scratch my theory of her being near the white plastic. It is still possible he took her there, did BFT and left her on the side of the road. I will check out the fence next time I go by to pay my respects to NC.

:floorlaugh: Now that is funny in lite of the reason we are here.

After almost 3 weeks since NC murder and all the posts, some things have been talked about that I would not have thought of on my own. Things that I have mentioned others would not have thought of. This is why we are so freq on here to try to put this puzzle together.

In regard to my theory post today, I feel we need to expand other possible theories now that many others have seen the site today and Holly Springs Rd. I have said from the beginning she would NOT have jogged HS Rd for any reason. We keep thinking it happened at her home....but it might not have.

A few things many of us have questions about regarding NC murder:

Purse in vehicle...normal or abnomal for NC
Long sleeves worn by BC...normal or abnormal
2nd & 3rd SW served.....possibly not enough evidence at the home or cars
No noise made....very close neighbors..kids didn't wake up
Location of murder......home or location NC is found (no theory about location where BC was found) (BFT?)
BC alone, got help, paid for crime...reason for 3rd SW
Purchase at HT....no matter what time...detergent was purchased...why?

In regard to the drug....this was only a possible theory of mine. Could he buy it on the internet? Could this be the reason Cisco was searched...actual pkg received there? Papers regarding the drug in his office?

I would think if he had a laptop for Cisco, it most likely was at his home during the SW and would have been taken then. Did this lead LE to Cisco to check out the desk?

Anyone with any other thoughts on this?

You sparked my thinking cap regarding the purse. Only because I was reading in the Caylee Anthony forum about the mother (Casey) leaving her purse in an abandoned car (seemingly to stage a crime) and it made me rethink how ODD I thought it was that Nancy's purse would be in her car. It doesn't make sense, unless MAYBE Brad was trying to give some weight to the theory that she was getting ready to drive to a coffee shop to meet her running partner as, I believe, he stated was her normal M.O. Maybe he wanted to make it seem like it happened as she was trying to get in the car. Someone driving by, kidnapped her, killed her, and dumped her.

just a random thought. but the purse thing bothers me.

Yes, it would be important to know what was normal behavior and normal patterns for Nancy. And of course this info cannot be obtained from BC because he is not a trustworthy source.

I have left my purse in the car...I'm not proud of this, btw, and I don't have a garage. I don't make a habit of it but yes, it has happened from time-to-time.

As for the 'noise,' remember that none of Scott Peterson's neighbors heard any kind of argument or scuffle either. The houses are not on top of each other. Kids can sleep through anything--and probably had slept through past fights in that house. *IF* she was strangled it might have happened so fast and furious that she wasn't able to make a sound at all. Or maybe blunt force trauma to knock her down, followed by strangulation or suffocation. That's my wild *advertiser censored* guess based on knowing nothing!

The trip to the store: yeah. I dunno about this. Was it to try and establish an alibi? If yes, stupid move, IMHO. Very stupid. If not and he really needed 'detergent,' then why was it sooooo important he obtain it early that morning? And that was EARLY, no doubt about it. I bet he didn't often make early visits to any grocery store and yet THAT very morning he managed to make 2. HINKY.

Drugging Her: Interesting theory here. If he ordered some kind of drug then there will be a record of it somewhere. Beyond that it would demonstrate pre-planning, and in light of that it makes his TWO trips to HT beyond stupid. If he pre-planned this then he's really a poor planner.

Murder at Home or Elsewhere: I believe she was murdered in her home and her body transported to the site. Or at least she was completely incapacitated so that she wasn't going anywhere on her own volition.

This is JMO.

Regarding the flexible tubing over the plastic...could that have been some sort of fiberoptic device (a camera) to view under the water?? Just a thought.

I thought it was Greta on The Record.

Someone else said they thought it was Nancy Grace.

He was via phone, not in person.

I believe it was BEFORE they found Nancy.

JMHO
fran

I heard him tell Megyn Kelly via phone interview on Monday morning before she was found.

Sheriff Harrison confirmed she was found in the dirt.
I think they were draining the small storm drain basin with the idea he possibly disposed of some evidence there. Remember the rumor going around Cisco that she was stabbed ? He could have strangled her at home and then tried to 'stage' her body at the dump site with stab wounds or a slit neck. With this evidence, the cops would naturally ask , "where was the blood in the house and his car...looks like a random murder ":waitasec:
Maybe they thought they would find a knife tossed in the water.....had to dispose of it quickly, as too risky to bring in the car.

There is a reason Brad and his attorney want this autopsy released ASAP, Brad knows exactly what it says.....hmmmm

I've just read some very interesting and plausible theories here, but have a question ~ were the cars always parked in the driveway, or in the garage? I can't see Brad taking Nancy's body out into the driveway or even backing the SUV up to the open garage door and loading a body inside without fear of being seen by the neighbors. However, I'm also curious about Nancy being tired and not feeling well at the party, yet planning to go for a morning run at 7am? Also, I still don't think she had plans to do that if she was supposed to meet her friend at 8am. So for that reason, it still seems Brad is the one who most likely did this, imo, plus him not being concerned she didn't return from the jog, his trips to the store, etc.

hey everybody, very interesting ideas. you guys are good & very insightful. nancy's friends will know if she normally left her purse in the car, & if the cars were normally parked in the garage or the driveway. if the cars or at least 1 car was normally parked in the garage, it's quite plausible that nancy would leave her purse in the car IF it was parked in the garage. again, her friends will know.

i leave in the area, & i USED to leave my purse in the car all the time & parked in the garage. however, there's been a ton of car break-ins in lochmere, & i'm sure that nancy would NOT have left her purse in the car if it were outside (unless she simply forgot). also, she didn't drive to the party, so if "her" car were in the driveway, it just seems even more unlikely that she would have left her purse in the car friday afternoon when she didn't have plans to drive again until the morning.

i'm not surprised that she wasn't feeling well friday night but still planned to paint. when BC was home, she preferred not being home, i'm sure, and regardless of how she felt, she surely wanted to leave the house first thing in the morning to go to her close friend's home where she could relax, feed the kids, & even lay down if she still wasn't feeling well.

however, i presume that LE checked w this carrie person & there were not plans to jog Sat a.m.

i'm thinking that it's rare for men to go to HT at that hour to buy laundry detergent.... i'm a laundry addict, and i wouldn't even consider needing detergent that bad...... quite hinky.

also interesting idea about the dumpsters.

i also believe that nancy told her close friends everything---it was how she survived. So LE will benefit tremendously from their thoughts.

in this area, it's easy to research things on the computer at the local libraries, if somebody doesn't want to leave a trail. one of their library cards would have evidence of that.

Interesting question re premediation. i'm inclined to think that--given the extremely early am HT trip--that something happened that wasn't pre-planned.

JMO, of course.

Maybe she just simply had a heart attack. It happens to runners at early age more often than people think. 3 friends/people I know have died of a heart attack while running and they were in their 30's & 40's...who knows!
Maybe LE just assumed it looked like murder but who can really tell at first glance once the body has had a few days to decompse.
Maybe that's why they still have nothing.
Just sayin'!

Maybe she just simply had a heart attack. It happens to runners at early age more often than people think.

Cary police would not have said it was a homicide/murder if it wasn't. This was determined from the autopsy so they have a definitive answer from the M.E.. WE DON'T know the cause, because that info has not been released yet, but THEY know and they know, absolutely, the manner of death and the cause as well.

U.S. death certificates typically only have six options for classifying the death with no provision for justifiability.

These are:
–Natural
–Accident
–Suicide
–Homicide
–Pending Investigation (or Pending Further Studies)
–Could not be determined (or Undetermined)

NC's death was a HOMICIDE and LE is calling it a 'murder,' which gives us a hint of how they will charge a perp.

Speaking only for myself...I was HOT! 90 degrees and I don't get along well.

Hi Brad! :behindbar

Why are you guys saying that? Does he read here? Seriously, I'm wondering!

Cary police would not have said it was a homicide/murder if it wasn't. This was determined from the autopsy so they have a definitive answer from the M.E.. WE DON'T know the cause, because that info has not been released yet, but THEY know and they know, absolutely, the manner of death and the cause as well.

I was just throwing something out there cause ya never know as tight lipped as they've been with this case! I wish they'd tell us something!
I had not heard that they know. Have they actually made the statement that they know? And if so, it must not be too damning for Brad or he'd be in the pokey by now, don't ya think?

Why are you guys saying that? Does he read here? Seriously, I'm wondering!

I was just throwing something out there cause ya never know as tight lipped as they've been with this case! I wish they'd tell us something!
I had not heard that they know. Have they actually made the statement that they know? And if so, it must not be too damning for Brad or he'd be in the pokey by now, don't ya think?

Would it be too much trouble for you to tell me what
LE means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members