Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
...One clue is that NO ONE has come forward who says they saw her jogging that Saturday morning, or anywhere else. But yes, we will have to wait 'n see.

Why do we keep discounting this report?

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2424810&postcount=26

Originally Posted by momto3kids
I found this posted on the City Data forum, Cary, NC. Page 41, post # 408

I have no idea who this is, but they were a member before the NC case so they didn't join just to state this. Is this why she was partially clothed?

07-26-2008, 07:00 PM
seajoy88

I agree that even though they say it was not a random killing, the fact that no one has been arrested is a little unnerving.

A friend of mine that lives in the Lochmere area reported information to a detective the day Nancy went missing. While my friend was on her jog that day, she saw a woman by Nancy's description around 8am. She described an item of clothing this woman was wearing that was of interest to the detective. Whether this is a coincidence or not, an item of clothing as my friend described was found in the woods. It was not an item of clothing that was known to the public. I have no idea why the police would not release that information, but maybe it was a false lead. Either way, it's just enough information to make my friend stop running alone even if the police say they don't believe the murder was random.

Aghh. Want to get real technical huh. His attorney said it. Isn't that good enough for you?

:floorlaugh: I needed a good laugh tonight.

Now Roy....you can't have it both ways. You want facts and this isn't a fact now is it?:waitasec:

The attorney is bias...this is a client that is paying him. Now that is a fact if you want a fact.

Chauncey,
I don't get people like you who seem to view the obviously very guilty as the innocent, and the other way around, the innocent as the guilty.

Two things:
  1. Going by the obvious is a cop-out. If LE always followed the obvious without following the evidence, there would be many more innocents charged/convicted than there already are. Nifong went with the obvious instead of the evidence and look where it got him.
  2. Saying that we are waiting for the evidence and not willing to convict on hearsay, speculation, rumors, emotion, and opinion is not calling NC guilty or deserving of her murder. You are putting words in people's mouths here just as you do on the GOLO board.

When the evidence proves to me beyond a reasonable doubt that BC did it, I'll vote to convict.

The thing is I haven't ruled it out. But let me say in the nicest way I can, I believed a lot more of it until yesterday. I will be here when the facts come out. I will have lost or gained respect or not. I do not have the luxury now of meeting most of you in person since I am not from the area. And you are a leader here, whether you like it or not. The longer I am here, I can promise you that I will bring some positive. Very soon we will know a lot more and I have no problem with anyone rubbing it in my face.

With respect, it just seems to me (from your posts) that you have put RC up on some sort of pedestal so that you can chip away at it each day.

I have known RC long enough to know that he is a sincere advocate for victims and it would be genuinely far too humble of him to consider himself a leader of this forum. He is a gentleman and well respected poster. He has earned that.

Imo, this site is the best on the internet for victims. Even though there is not much happening right now on this case, like Tricia (the owner) has said, by being here we are keeping the story alive. I'm glad you and all the other newcomers are here. Hopefully, more information will be coming out soon. In the meantime, I have to say, if it turns out that some of us are wrong, we won't be rubbing anyone's face in it. That's just not the way we operate here.

... and this datapoint (4th post down that page) from neighbor/friend Diana Duncan: that the oldest child herself has stated that she saw mommy leave to go running on Saturday morning. [ The post was also made in the early stages, in theory, when (most) everyone was still being (relatively) objective about things ]

Sure, some have speculated that maybe BC spoke on behalf of his youngest when this information was relayed. That speculation doesn't make much sense to me though... implies an exchange like- BC: "...The last time I saw Nancy was this morning... AND, my 4-year old saw her too!"

Isn't it at least a possibility that indeed the oldest told someone (Diana, and/or others) firsthand that they saw Mommy leave to go running on Saturday AM?

Not suggesting that this post on Mrs. Cooper's blog (put together by her close friend) makes it a "sealed deal" - just saying, it seems reasonable to keep it in front of us with all the other stuff...

...Yeah, well, I know some folks in the Lochmere community too., I've heard it's stressful times for some that live there, the grapevine is jiggling full throttle. Rumors, gossip, theories continue to emerge. I've even heard there is strife amongst the neighbors about things that were written in the plaintiffs affidavits.

Thanks Chauncey. Care to be a share anything more specific you've heard regarding some of the rumors/theories? (feel free to qualify them as such)...

Well, to be exact about it, he said he saw her leave at 7am. It appears you believe his statement. Many do not (perhaps even most do not). I'm in the camp who does not believe she ever left her house again (alive) after coming home from the Fri night party. One clue is that NO ONE has come forward who says they saw her jogging that Saturday morning, or anywhere else. But yes, we will have to wait 'n see. And also I don't think it's reasonable that she went jogging at 7am when she had plans to meet her friend, JA, at 8am.

Another thing: the 'timeline' then for her murder, according to her husband, would be about 1 hr., give or take. Because she didn't show up or call JA by 8am, and she supposedly did not have a habit of being late, and by Brad's timeline she left around 7am.

BTW, in the Scott Peterson case he said his wife went for a walk the morning she 'went missing.' And Scott left to go GolfFishing. And in that case no one saw Laci alive again after the night before. In that case they had gotten the 'abduction' timeline down to 30 min or less, based on things Peterson said, the cell phone pings from his phone and where he was physically located, and the timing of the Martha Stewart show that he insisted he and Laci were watching. And the jury of course did NOT buy that Laci was abducted at all, let alone in a span of 10 min - 30 min.

I have been wondering whether Brad actually did see her leave at 7am. In his affidavit he only said "Nancy left for her run around 7am." Perhaps he was still on his way back from HT. He doesn't say that he saw her go, only that he had talked to her on the phone. IF someone else was involved, then 6:45 to 7am would be the perfect opportunity to find Nancy alone at the house. :eek:

I know that you have talked about the time that it would take to get back from HT. If he bought the detergent at 6:45 as he states on his affidavit, then what time would he get home? Twenty minutes is in my head, but that could have been for a different location.

Now, I know that this theory may be partly inspired by the psychic thread, so bear with me, it is ONLY a theory. But, I have always wondered if there may be someone else involved. She would be getting ready, putting things in the car (she definitely would have taken her car as this was her regular routine AND she had to go to JA's house between 8 and 9am), and someone may have taken her into another car. This scenario would mean that everything Brad said about the morning trips to the store and mundane domestic phone calls with Nancy could be TRUE:confused:. But, his reason for leaving the house may have been to provide an opportunity for someone that he had hired to have access to Nancy. I also think that the TOD must be after 7am.

Now, I do agree that this may be one of those far-out scenarios. Did anyone see another car at the Cooper house that morning? I wonder. Would they have left the children alone? Well, as Brad was expected back shortly, Nancy could have been waiting for him to return and was getting ready to leave by putting some of her things into the car. This theory also does not take into account the very early morning visit to HT. Unless, he couldn't sleep that night and decided to go out for awhile, but this seems unlikely.

Just some thoughts.

Just a comment or two.

This thread/forum is filled with speculation, theories, Brad-Bashing etc., at it's best. A portion of posters on this thread have already convicted Mr. Cooper based on mud-slinging, vicious hearsay gossip, and statistics. So take the comments here for what they are worth and interpret them for what they are in your own mind. I just don't comment on most of it, simply because I cannot convict or call someone a murderer without seeing the evidence, I also have no desire to get into a pissing contest either over speculation.

The only important stuff "TO ME" that came out in the affidavits was Mr. Cooper providing a time line of his actions, which I believe has been confirmed by LE. This is very important! He saw her leave at 7 am., therefore TOD cannot be before that time according to Mr. Cooper. Will the ME report confirm this? We wait and see.

Yeah, well, I know some folks in the Lochmere community too., I've heard it's stressful times for some that live there, the grapevine is jiggling full throttle. Rumors, gossip, theories continue to emerge. I've even heard there is strife amongst the neighbors about things that were written in the plaintiffs affidavits.

In closing, I truly hope he is cleared/completely exonerated of this crime. I'd like to see him take some legal action against some of the pitchfork and torch carriers who have defamed him! Most of all, I'd like to see him get his children back.

It would be so wonderful for Bella & Katie if Brad did turn out to be innocent. However, if he is guilty he certainly needs to be tried and convicted and pay for the crime. What a tragedy if it turns out that those sweet little girls' own father is the one who selfishly took the single most important person in their world mercilessly away from them.

Can I ask who you'd like to see Brad sue? The grieving parents of a viciously murdered daughter who are trying to protect their granddaughters very lives? I mean sure, Brad is innocent until proven guilty but do you think the Rentz family is willing to gamble the safety of Bella & Katie just to prove that point? Would you?

Who's next? The CPD? Jessica Adam? The media?

Your comment really seems to be one of spite and stubbornness with little regard for seeking the truth or what is best for two innocent little girls.

Brad's a big boy, he's a big enough boy to have taken it upon himself to defame his dead wife who is, sadly, no longer here to defend herself. He besmirched Nancy's reputation unnecessarily in affidavits in which he was supposed to be addressing his fitness as a father. And he broke their marriage vows by having an adulterous affair. Now remind me again, who has defamed who???

Perhaps he was still on his way back from HT. He doesn't say that he saw her go, only that he had talked to her on the phone. IF someone else was involved, then 6:45 to 7am would be the perfect opportunity to find Nancy alone at the house.
The children were home...Brad did not have the kids with him when he went on his 2 trips to HT. So if Nancy was at home, alive, between 6am and 7am, she wasn't alone. Further, if Nancy was abducted then the kids would have said something. This would be a completely different story and case. There was no 'abduction' from the home. And LE already said, at least twice, that this is not a random crime and the community is not in any danger.

the oldest child herself has stated that she saw mommy leave to go running on Saturday morning.
That's not what DD's post said. It says, "Her husband and elder child saw her leaving for her run Saturday morning." In that one sentence you have no information about what Bella said she herself saw that morning, if anything. You don't know how DD got that info, whether it was Brad who told her that...basically there's nothing there to work with.

From a post taken on another board: A friend of mine that lives in the Lochmere area reported information to a detective the day Nancy went missing. While my friend was on her jog that day, she saw a woman by Nancy's description around 8am. She described an item of clothing this woman was wearing that was of interest to the detective. Whether this is a coincidence or not, an item of clothing as my friend described was found in the woods. It was not an item of clothing that was known to the public. I have no idea why the police would not release that information, but maybe it was a false lead.

It very well may have been a false lead. There are lots of tall, thin, brown-haired women runners in the Lochmere area. I sure hope LE followed-up to see if there was any link to this case. Remember when Laci went missing there was at least 1 neighbor who swore she saw her out walking her dog. Turns out there was another woman in their general neighborhood who was also pregnant, who also had a golden retriever, and who took the dog for a walk. The neighbor insisted she saw Laci. But she didn't. Laci was already dead by then and would soon be on her way to SF Bay. 'Eyewitness evidence' can be some of the weakest evidence in a case.

Chauncey,
I don't get people like you who seem to view the obviously very guilty as the innocent, and the other way around, the innocent as the guilty. I saw enough of this crazy talk on WRAL's GOLO site. The people on this site are weighing everything we know and for the most part we are all coming to the same conclusion as NC's friends, her parents, the neighbors, and even BC's ex-girlfriends! If you don't rely on your gut instinct in any of this, then I understand your cry for justice for him. But he has not in any way acted as a man who lost the wife he loved, or the mother of his children. Do you see people, other than those like you who don't even know him, coming to his defense? No. We are not all out of our minds. We are actually taking what has been learned, what has been seen, and what BC himself has revealed in many ways to justify our points of view.

I'll let the others speak now. I'm sure they'll have something to say!

OH MY! LIONS AND TIGERS! JMFLU has migrated here! Welcome!

Thank you for proving my viewpoint! I'll digress from rebutting "you should, you this, and you that...."

Folks on this thread are entitled to express their views, postulations, I just don't have to agree with it and you don't have to agree with mine. That doesn't make me or the others I disagree with "bad folks."

Heck, I was hoping to get a PM about the "secret meeting" last weekend.

Well, to be exact about it, he said he saw her leave at 7am. It appears you believe his statement. Many do not (perhaps even most do not). I'm in the camp that does not believe she ever left her house again (alive) after coming home from the Fri night party. One clue is that NO ONE has come forward who says they saw her jogging that Saturday morning, or anywhere else. But yes, we will have to wait 'n see. And also I don't think it's reasonable that she went jogging at 7am when she had plans to meet her friend, JA, at 8am.

Another thing: the 'timeline' then for her murder, according to her husband, would be about 1 hr., give or take. Because she didn't show up or call JA by 8am, and she supposedly did not have a habit of being late, and by Brad's timeline she left around 7am.

BTW, in the Scott Peterson case he said his wife went for a walk the morning she 'went missing.' And Scott left to go GolfFishing. And in that case no one saw Laci alive again after the night before. In that case they had gotten the 'abduction' timeline down to 30 min or less, based on things Peterson said, the cell phone pings from his phone and where he was physically located, and the timing of the Martha Stewart show that he insisted he and Laci were watching. And the jury of course did NOT buy that Laci was abducted at all, let alone in a span of 10 min - 30 min.

Sleuthy,

He's given a timeline and said he saw her leave at 7:00---if the ME report comes back and declares TOD was before then----well...well....that changes the picture doesn't it! There are way too many conflicting stories in the affidavits, what is the truth.

I don't find it unreasonable for Mrs. Cooper to go jog for an hour and be a little late. She could have easily ran 3 miles from 7-8. I never show up on time.

It would be so wonderful for Bella & Katie if Brad did turn out to be innocent. However, if he is guilty he certainly needs to be tried and convicted and pay for the crime. What a tragedy if it turns out that those sweet little girls' own father is the one who selfishly took the single most important person in their world mercilessly away from them.

Can I ask who you'd like to see Brad sue? The grieving parents of a viciously murdered daughter who are trying to protect their granddaughters very lives? I mean sure, Brad is innocent until proven guilty but do you think the Rentz family is willing to gamble the safety of Bella & Katie just to prove that point? Would you?

Who's next? The CPD? Jessica Adam? The media?

Your comment really seems to be one of spite and stubbornness with little regard for seeking the truth or what is best for two innocent little girls.

Brad's a big boy, he's a big enough boy to have taken it upon himself to defame his dead wife who is, sadly, no longer here to defend herself. He besmirched Nancy's reputation unnecessarily in affidavits in which he was supposed to be addressing his fitness as a father. And he broke their marriage vows by having an adulterous affair. Now remind me again, who has defamed who???

Entre-nous,

As far as the Coopers marriage---he said/she said. Her friends threw the first round of dirt clogs and accused him of murder, two of them did and he's yet to be charged. He retaliated and he's under intense public scrutiny of a crime he may not have committed. I didn't live their marriage and neither did you. Mrs. Cooper told her friends many things regarding her troubled marriage, who defamed who, I personally think they both had trouble with "me me me." I posted earlier here weeks ago, in reading the affidavits why did they have kids, they were clearly living way beyond their means. Cry me a river! Talk about priorities out of whack!

My comment about litigating against those who have defamed him, have absolutely nothing to with seeking the truth about what happened to Mrs. Cooper.

If he is innocent, and he can't work anymore because his reputation is already smeared in the public arena, then yes, he should litigate against the media and anyone else who contributed to it. Can you say Duke Lacrosse case?

That's not what DD's post said. It says, "Her husband and elder child saw her leaving for her run Saturday morning." In that one sentence you have no information about what Bella said she herself saw that morning, if anything. You don't know how DD got that info, whether it was Brad who told her that...basically there's nothing there to work with.

Thanks SG. My thought on it is that we just continue to "keep it in front of us" along with all the other stuff. You're right, just on face value alone, we cannot infer exactly what was said, and exactly what it means. To me though the post is at the very least "of interest".

If we were to throw out everything in this case that we have "heard", but isn't "solid", then there's nothing to work with on several fronts (e.g. the alleged 4:20 AM HT trip, the LTF encounter, etc - we have no way to know exactly how that information was obtained, who told who what, etc... so using the same criteria as above, there's "nothing to work with" on these items either, and they should be discarded/discounted)

My thought is - we can keep all these things in the mix, and assign some weights to them as appropriate in forming our opinions. The only thing I suggest (while the 'jury's still out' so to speak) is that we're careful about forming an opinion, and them proceeding to discount out (or rationalize out) everything that doesn't support that opinion, simply because it doesn't support.

I think it's "natural" to do this, and somewhat human nature in general (once we have a perspective, we'll tend to give less weight to things that are counter to that perspective), so it takes a little extra effort (to keep all things front and center) if our desire is to remain objective and unbiased.

Does that make sense?

Here's a "question for discussion' for the group: If you could learn one thing for sure about this case... if you could pick one question to ask ME/LE/anyone (alive), and have a guarantee they would answer this one questions truthfully... what would it be?

[ In other words, at this point, what single piece of the puzzle would you most like to have - something that you think would help confirm (or exclude) a lot of things, etc ]

Some examples:
- To ME: What was TOD?
- To LE: What was she wearing at discovery?
- To LE: Who do you currently think did it?
- To LE: What the heck was in all those brown bags taken away from the house?
- To ME: What was COD?
- To BC: Did you do it?
- To BC: What's your favorite color?
- To Person Who Discovered Her: How Are You Holding Up?
- To Eldest Child: Did you see Mommy on Saturday morning?
- To JA: Did you do it?

Anyway - what one thing (and just one) would you most like to know (can be from the above, or something else). It's just a "hypothetical" exercise, for discussion. Participate if you like... or not. :)

Two things:
  1. Going by the obvious is a cop-out. If LE always followed the obvious without following the evidence, there would be many more innocents charged/convicted than there already are. Nifong went with the obvious instead of the evidence and look where it got him.
  2. Saying that we are waiting for the evidence and not willing to convict on hearsay, speculation, rumors, emotion, and opinion is not calling NC guilty or deserving of her murder. You are putting words in people's mouths here just as you do on the GOLO board.

When the evidence proves to me beyond a reasonable doubt that BC did it, I'll vote to convict.

(Bolding is mine)

With all due respect, and I will keep this short since it is OT, Nifong went against evidence, logic and obviousness, and stuck with this distorted POV, even after his disbarment hearing. He stated to the end "something happened in that house to cause everyone to leave in such a hurry."

Man talk about :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

CyberPro

Here's a "question for discussion' for the group: If you could learn one thing for sure about this case... if you could pick one question to ask ME/LE/anyone (alive), and have a guarantee they would answer this one questions truthfully... what would it be?

[ In other words, at this point, what single piece of the puzzle would you most like to have - something that you think would help confirm (or exclude) a lot of things, etc ]

Some examples:
- To ME: What was TOD?
- To LE: What was she wearing at discovery?
- To LE: Who do you REALLY think did it?
- To LE: What the heck was in all those brown bags taken away from the house?
- To ME: What was COD?
- To BC: Did you do it?
- To BC: What's your favorite color?
- To Person Who Discovered Her: How Are You Holding Up?
- To Eldest Child: Did you see Mommy on Saturday morning?
- To JA: Did you do it?

Anyway - what one thing (and just one) would you most like to know (can be from the above, or something else). It's just a "hypothetical" exercise, for discussion. Participate if you like... or not. :)

Who actually made the 6:40 phone call Brad claims he got on his way to the store. LE - who did it.

TOD will be a range given Nancy was exposed to high heat as well as rain over three days. COD - dead is dead and this doesn't include or exclude anyone. Will find out shortly what was in the bags - maybe.

No questions for anyone else.

Jumpstreet---

TOD.

Regarding rumor/innuendo stuff I'd rather not be associated with that on a public thread, because there is always a chance it may not be 100% accurate.

I do know someone, who knows someone who is associated with LE at the discovery site. I have been told about Mrs. Cooper's physical condition when found, I will not say anything about it publicly until the autopsy is revealed.

Sleuthy,

He's given a timeline and said he saw her leave at 7:00---if the ME report comes back and declares TOD was before then----well...well....that changes the picture doesn't it! There are way too many conflicting stories in the affidavits, what is the truth.

I don't find it unreasonable for Mrs. Cooper to go jog for an hour and be a little late. She could have easily ran 3 miles from 7-8. I never show up on time.

I'm not Quincy, nor did I play him on TV, but I seriously doubt that we are going to get a TOD that will confirm or refute a timeline that is that close. We will only get TOD to within a day or so. After core body temprature drops to become equal with surrounding areas, it relies on decomposition rates and insect waves, and those are only accurate to within a period of hours, at best and days at the outside.

This is based upon reading several ME reports, and somewhat more extensive reading of records of murder victims postmortem reports, with a seasoning of web sites. Someone with better knowledge, PLEASE correct me if I am wrong.

CyberPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member