The Real World: Employment Facts and Records

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I'm still curious as to whether or not CA was giving her an allowance to cover the babysitter/nanny costs. I haven't been able to find out anything about this. Perhaps, based on how they assumed Lauren G would work for free, that they also assumed the nanny would be willing to work for free?

I thought it was to Casey's advantage if the fictional nanny was a financial burden in the Casey Lielight Zone.

That explains why she is always needing money. Her earnings are used to pay for childcare. Mommy and Daddy have to pay for everything else.
Geez if they, the Anthony's, were pitching in for the "daycare" too, it's a wonder they didn't ask her to quit the job to save everyone some money.:crazy:

I don't know of a single job she had after Kodak at Universal.
You would think she'd at least want to work a little just to get the earned income credit when filing her taxes. For someone that doesn't make a lot of money, that's a huge chunk o'change.

I agree! That is why I was wondering if she had ANY job even for a week or so. I am having a hard time understanding how, no matter how good a liar Casey is, she could have gotten away with lying about having a job for 3 years, especially to her parents when she lived there!

She did have a job. :rolleyes: Pathological liars like her put in enormous time & effort to get people to believe their lies. Living the lie supercedes having ties to a reality -based world. It's really quite time consuming. Does not pay well though.

She had no jobs that I know of, I believe Cindy and George has supported Casey and Caylee finacially JMO

Poppy

Indeed...and I think all of KC's friends "supported" her without even knowing it!! (Amy, Jesse, Grandma, etc.). I wonder how many people that were associated with KC actually missed smaller amounts of money every now and then and just thought they misplaced it, recalled it wrong etc. and pooh poohed it away without ever suspecting KC. And what about tiny loans like we all make now and then to friends. She was probably very good at getting things like drinks, cover charges, gas money or rides, food (being taken out for dinner or lunch etc.) just by using her manipulating ways.

AAAARGH it just really makes me mad to think about lying about jobs like she did. Did she NEVER have a boyfriend want to pick her up from work and go somewhere from the job? We've all had that happen, haven't we? Or have a romantic boyfriend want to just "drop by" and bring her a rose or something? Or lunch?

I can't even imagine lying about it for 3 whole years.

She did actually have a job..she was a profesional con artist and liar. Lying was the only thing she had to do and she couldn't even get that right. It's no wonder she couldn't hold a real job JMO of course!

Not to mention.... what about filing of tax returns? Can you live in a house with other people and not know if/when they are filing a return and if they are owing tax or getting a refund?

You just can't fake these things for three years straight!

I can't figure out how Casey got around tax time, especially for 2007. There was a new law enacted which affected families with dependents who worked. Our 17 year old works, and since her taxes were so simple I planned to teach her how to complete the forms herself. However, our accountant explained the new law could be tricky and if we didn't file correctly we would lose a great deal of money. We needed to show him our daughter's tax info so he could make sure everyone filed in a way that benefited us the most. (And no, it wasn't just a scam - he only charged a nominal $25 to add on our daughter's taxes.)

I can't imagine Casey's parents paid for everything and then took a huge loss on their taxes as well! (I think they "knew" Casey had a job, like they "know" Casey had nothing to do with Caylee's disappearance. :waitasec: Yeah, right.)

Wonder if C and G claimed Caylee on thier taxes??

Poppy

Yep. I'm still curious as to whether or not CA was giving her an allowance to cover the babysitter/nanny costs. I haven't been able to find out anything about this. Perhaps, based on how they assumed Lauren G would work for free, that they also assumed the nanny would be willing to work for free?

Who paid her phone bills?

I found this in the discovery documents - in her Internet archive - where the phone bill had been paid online:

Date Paid || Amount
04/03/2007|| $417.47
05/25/2007|| $372.82
07/24/2007|| $414.11
09/24/2007|| $497.75
12/04/2007|| $814.00
01/24/2008|| $180.21
02/27/2008|| $160.57
03/26/2008|| $191.17
04/08/2008|| $354.04
05/06/2008|| $574.60
06/25/2008|| $377.33
07/15/2008|| $574.60

Total Due || $167.50

This is a hell of a phone bill for someone with a job, much less without one.

Sundance

I am sure that was Casey's excuse for not having any money... that she had to pay the sitter.

Wonder if C and G claimed Caylee on thier taxes??

Poppy

they must have been claiming Caylee, and if not then they need to amend and claim her now since Casey didn't even have a job!

How did Casey get around the $600 economic stimulus payment she would have rec'd if she had been working, filed taxes and claimed Caylee (or $300 if G&C were claiming Caylee).

Every person I know was planning for that money for weeks ahead of time and anxiously awaiting their deposits.

Most parents, if supporting their grandkids, would expect to be told where that money was being spent!

I am sure that was Casey's excuse for not having any money... that she had to pay the sitter.

That kind of actually makes sense. I said kind of!

If she had an imaginary sitter who sucked up all her money, then she had a reason for being broke; therefore, this imaginary sitter now takes on a life of its own. She has to explain who the sitter is and how Casey met her, the sitter needs a name, etc. If she's been telling the same lie for years, it was probably easy to repeat it to LE with consistency.

they must have been claiming Caylee, and if not then they need to amend and claim her now since Casey didn't even have a job!

ITA and IF they WERE claiming Caylee, surely they knew Casey did not have a job otherwise Casey would have been claiming her

Poppy

I am thinking that was always the excuse. A good nanny costs at least $300 a week and even day care is a couple of hundred, so she most likely told them after paying out for Caylee, there was nothing much left. They paid for all Caylee's medical, bought all her clothes, provided food and shelter, so there really was nothing else to pay by Casey. All she had to do is con drinks, and that is very easy for a woman.

I noticed a number of posters figured G & C were claiming Caylee on their taxes - which brings up another area - health insurance. I am sure Casey was taking Caylee to the doctor for check ups, etc. And didn't Casey go to the hospital for a seizure one night? How did she pay for all this stuff if she didn't work and didn't have health insurance - unless Casey and Caylee were BOTH on either G or C's insurance. I didn't think you could have an adult child on your health insurance unless there were specific reasons, liked disabled or something. It is possible that Caylee was on their health insurance though, I bet Casey told them it was too expensive to have Caylee on HER policy.

As to those enormous phone bills!!!! - yeah, I wonder who paid for those. Unless Casey kept switching carrier to avoid past due bills - but wouldn't a new carrier check for something like that?

I guess this is another part of this case that makes your scratch your head and say "WTH" is wrong with these people that they did not know Casey hadn't worked in almost 3 years.

I kinda figured at first that CA was paying for Caylees nanny. I was really surprised when her very first babysitter said she watched Caylee for free. Which explains why she quit when she suspected KC wasn't working. I'm assuming Jesse wasn't paid either.

If KC got CA to finance her fictional nanny, that would have given KC a nice little chunk of change every week. But it would also explain to her family and friends why she was always broke, if she was paying the sitter herself.

I had an employee who fabricated stories all the time, she also stole from the till. Very small amts that where a pain for me to constantly balance out. Later she became more creative, stealing cash and changing the customer receipts so the till never took the hit.
The amount of time and energy that she put into these rip offs was amazing. Her down fall came in the stories she told me about how 'other people' stole and very bad timing for her, when customers came back and needed changes to their orders.

She was arrested, spent the night in jail and went to court all while living at home and her parents never knew.

ITA and IF they WERE claiming Caylee, surely they knew Casey did not have a job otherwise Casey would have been claiming her

Poppy

I don't think they can claim her, she's not their kid. Her mother (an adult) was there but not a student, so they couldn't claim KC either.

I believe I read in the last batch of released interviews that her supervisor (Mike Kozak) at Kodak said Casey did not show up for the meeting with Human Resources when Kodak lost the contract to Color Vision. She was then fired for abandoning her job. She was fired by Kodak, not Color Vision. She never worked for Color Vision. He was pretty specific about that.

So, I think that she did return to work after Caylee was born. I cannot remember when the Kodak/ColorVision thing occurred but I believe it to be in 2006.

I don't think they can claim her, she's not their kid. Her mother (an adult) was there but not a student, so they couldn't claim KC either.

I think you can claim grandchildren if you are supporting them and also if they are not being claimed by another taxpayer.

Yeah, I cannot figure out how George and Cindy apparently never saw a paycheck stub, or a bank deposit, but they thought she had a job? For nearly three years??? Insane!

Did she talk about being "broke until payday?" Like every employed person that I know?

There is just no way that any sane person could have believed her lies for very long.... no more than a month.... by then I would be expecting to see some proof of income!

Not to mention.... what about filing of tax returns? Can you live in a house with other people and not know if/when they are filing a return and if they are owing tax or getting a refund?

You just can't fake these things for three years straight!

I believe LE checked and could not find any earnings after the first quarter of 2006. I wonder if she told her parents that most of her money went to child care and that is why she was always broke. That would explain the need for a "nanny" as opposed to a baby sitter and hence "Zani" the nanny was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tempo111