Charges to be filed on protesters - They have "organized"

Charges were filed against George for the incident with the 'old' lady weeks ago.

This is the only current thing I can find for George. Anyone know any more about senior citizen incident?

3143rsm.jpg

This is supposed to be a free country, they shouldn't be told to stay in their house. I would be so PO'd if I was forced to stay in my house in order to not be accosted when I went outside. The people that were banging on their door and trying to pull GA out of his driveway into the street were not innocent bystanders and were the ones inciting violence.

Let's take a more serious scenario - you hear shots fired outside your house, and you call 911 to report them. Dispatcher tells you to stay inside the house for your own safety 'in order not to be accosted when you went outside' - would you listen then? G & C KNEW the people outside were hostile, there is no doubt in my mind about that. I can understand they are concerned about their property being damaged - but there was an unruly group of people out there - why go out and take the risk of being injured. In fact, doesn't Casey say she is WATCHING all this on the security camera? I don't think the protesters should be allowed to be there AT ALL - but they were told to stay inside for their own safety - and they still went charging out there baseball bat in hand. I think both sides were at fault in this incident.

Hi Less. i totally agree with this.
It is illegal to discharge a gun within most city limits. So sitting with a gun in your front yard with intent to use it is illegal.

This is supposed to be a free country, they shouldn't be told to stay in their house. I would be so PO'd if I was forced to stay in my house in order to not be accosted when I went outside. The people that were banging on their door and trying to pull GA out of his driveway into the street were not innocent bystanders and were the ones inciting violence.

LE always instructs people to remain in their homes if there is a threat outside. That is so they do not get hurt. I just feel there are two sets of standards being used in this case. People are prosecuted for pulling shirts; yet physical manhandling of people is ignored. There is an illegal weapon in the house where Casey is residing, yet her bond is not pulled. That's wrong. If it were anyone else, that person would have their butt hauiled back to jail so fast......

Preferential treatment is in evidence here. My opinion? Cindy has them all running for cover.

Laws are not meant to be applied preferentially.

As I said before, isn't it funny how people who malign LE as persecuting their family member etc. still call on them for help when something threatens them?

Not really, because the law isn't supposed to be biased or prejudice.

But I understand your point.

Personally I think this protesting is for the birds. It doesn't help/solve anything. Just causes more problems and expenses for the city.

Those who crossed that line and got violent deserve the charges.
Everyone else just needs to go home and stop the nonsense. I don't see anything positive about protesting.

I sincerely hope you are never on the wrong side of the law

Let me give you a true scenario. A friend and her husband were at home. Kids were outside breaking street lights. My friend called 911. She was told to stay inside. Her husband (a very big guy) chose not to obey. He had the **** beat out of him. THAT IS WHY LE TELLS PEOPLE TO STAY INSIDE. My friend had a huge medical bill and her husband missed a week of work for what? To protect a street light?

In a way, I would like to agree with you, but the Anthonys brought this wrath from outsiders on themselves. They did not have to agree for KC to come to their house. They could have allowed her to go to a halfway house or other facility for the purpose of bond. This was their choice and there has not been even one instance which I have seen where there was a problem which they did not instigate themselves. Those people are not coming in their yard, they are not prohibiting them from coming and going and normal people would have just ignored them. But, NOPE these people have to agg it on and create as much confusion as they can.

They have interloped on other's right to protest on public property and specifially the instances of shooting people with a hose, LA assualting (and yes he did assault that older lady) and taking her dog bowl. He had NO RIGHT to touch her or anything which belonged to her. CA followed a woman and reached in her SUV.

What do you expect these people to do? Just let the Anthonys do whatever they please although they are doing it illegally? I am sure go home is your answer, but they are doing NOTHING illegal and IMO the Anthonys have done a LOT illegal.

LE always instructs people to remain in their homes if there is a threat outside. That is so they do not get hurt. I just feel there are two sets of standards being used in this case. People are prosecuted for pulling shirts; yet physical manhandling of people is ignored. There is an illegal weapon in the house where Casey is residing, yet her bond is not pulled. That's wrong. If it were anyone else, that person would have their butt hauiled back to jail so fast......

Preferential treatment is in evidence here. My opinion? Cindy has them all running for cover.

Laws are not meant to be applied preferentially.

My sentiments exactly !!

:Benny_monkeysmilies:Benny_monkeysmilies:Benny_monkeysmilies

The A's do have a right to the use of their own property. AND they have a right to defend themselves. It would be a cold day in hell before someone told me or my husband to stay in our house and then fully expected us to do it. My husband and I would be camped outside in the yard with shotguns across our laps day and night. That's our right as a U.S. citizen. We do still have a constitution even if everything else is failing. I am totally against these "protestos" - vigilantes, morons, whatever you want to call them. It might be their right to speak their mind, but they definately wouldn't infringe on MY rights as a homeowner and citizen.

The legality of this is the Anthonys do not own the street or the sidewalk. They have no right to govern who is on either. Our right as a citizen does not include hurting others on PUBLIC PROPERTY. Your rights as a homeowner STOPS at your property line. The Anthonys have overrun their property line many times to "confront" protesters" for NO REASON except they didn't like what was being said.

In my opinion they are bringing all of this on themselves. They made their choice to let KC stay there, so they need to abide by the letter of the law to avoid any instances. CA need to put her "big girl panties" on and stop acting like a 5 year old who is in an argument with another kid.

This family has more problems than will be solved in their lifetimes.

I tghink you need to go back and watch some video. George was INDEED caught shoving a young man and thorwing his property all over when the young man was on PUBLIC PROPERTY. George did indeed push two other people on tape - one a senior citizen that he pushed INTO THE STREET when she also was on public property. George has no problem laying his hands on anyone and everyone, yet it is a woman who pulled his SHIRT that has charges being pressed against her. Mind you, this is AFTER the Anthonys have been told to not go out and confront the rock throwers - who were NOT THROWING ROCKS.

NONE of the people assaulteed were on the Anthony property. NEITHER WAS THE DOG THAT YOU CLAIM LEE WAS AFRAID WOULD POOP ON THE ANTHONY PROPERTY. THAT IS NOT THE ANTHONY PROPERTY Disturbing the peace was not a charge so stay on the topic and check your facts.

(My bold red) In this situation, I see both sides - I think the whole situation is ridiculous. BUT, if you are going to charge one set (protestors) for acts against the A's then charge the A's for acts against the protestors. It should work both ways. I agree with GAIA completely!

In fact, the night that the protestors were throwing things at the A's home, the police told them to stay inside for their safety. They did not listen to police instructions and put themself in harms way. If you watch the video, when GA comes out of the garage he is yelling and motioning for them to "bring it". When they did, he files charges. :rolleyes:

I totally agree. What are they even protesting? Casey's right to be out on bond? Thank goodness that right is there for the innocent, why would someone want to take it away? Or are they protesting the fact that Casey won't tell where Caylee is? If she won't tell to save her own hide, why would she tell in order to make a few busybodies happy?

I agree it is KC's constitional right to be bailed out; however, I don't think they were protesting anything except the fact that there is someone in that home that could put this whole situation to rest. And more importantly, give HER OWN DAUGHTER a respectful burial. That's the least KC could do at this point. Caylee deserves no less!!!

I don't think anyone was 'forcing' anyone to stay inside, but what's the point in calling 9-1-1 and then going outside to take care of business yourself? They could have stayed inside safe and sound, watched the security cam, and waited on the police to show up, just like they were instructed. There's a reason police tell people to stay inside.

The protestors have no right to be on private property. It is called trespassing. If they are on public property, then the Anthony's should just ignore them. If the protestors are too noisy, then they should be arrested for disturbing the peace. Quite frankly, I don't know why anyone would go out there to protest. We have a judicial system that is taking care of things.

That "old lady" is only 8 years older than George
09.gif
It's not like she's his mother's age.
But, but there are special circumstances added for a person over a certain age in Florida, it doesn't matter how old the aggressor is.

Those specific protestors are not worthy of defending, IMO. I saw all footage before, during, and after the night in documented charges. These kids should learn a lesson or two.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17684992/detail.html

This refers to two of the protesters on that night when George sprayed them with the hose. Charge should be misdemeanor battery.

The posters have "organized" and one of them, Kathy Harris confronted George as he was drumming up "funds" for the "search".

George, of course, called LE.

As I said before, isn't it funny how people who malign LE as persecuting their family member etc. still call on them for help when something threatens them?

GizzySmith, love the icon and the starwars squirrels!

With all respect to your concern and opinions...
The woman in which you refer to, could most certainly hold her own... and, that woman was horrendously profane before and after the pushing incident.
She was also still outside the house giving interviews for media that evening. That woman scares me in the hillbilly-horror-movie-sense.

The woman with the dog, is the one protestor I think back on as being a role-model for all protestors -if there should ever be one.

But, but there are special circumstances added for a person over a certain age in Florida, it doesn't matter how old the aggressor is.

GizzySmith, love the icon and the starwars squirrels!
*snip*

The woman with the dog, is the one protestor I think back on as being a role-model for all protestors -if there should ever be one.

So, being a "role model" for protestors means sitting politely still while LA destroys your signs and takes your dog's water bowl? Does being a "role model" mean letting the Anthony's do whatever they want with impunity?

My opinion only

It is illegal to discharge a gun within most city limits. So sitting with a gun in your front yard with intent to use it is illegal.
I think the Castle Doctrine would come in to play here and
IIRC, FL has the No Duty to Retreat/Stand Your ground Laws on the books.

I am most interested in the right to defend my own property and to keep people from harrassing or threatening me in an area I have a right to be without retreating.

I think the Castle Doctrine would come in to play here and
IIRC, FL has the No Duty to Retreat/Stand Your ground Laws on the books.

Yep, the way to handle a protest is bring a gun outside and shoot 'em. I hope not.

Personally I think this protesting is for the birds. It doesn't help/solve anything. Just causes more problems and expenses for the city.

Those who crossed that line and got violent deserve the charges.
Everyone else just needs to go home and stop the nonsense. I don't see anything positive about protesting.
I agree legallee. I think that quiet protesting has it's place if people are trying to being about change. In this case I think most of these people wanted their 15 minutes and I have no respect for that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back