KC Borrow's CA's Car

Don't make this so difficult guys...

1) If Cindy had a hand in any of it...she would never have called 911
2) If George had a hand in any of it...he'd never have admitted the smell of death in the trunk

Now they're working right-to-left...trying to rewrite history to paint a more flattering picture of everything that happened pre-7/15.

I agree. Especially the 911 call. That was totally real.

Did they ever mention any records for Lee, Tony, Amy or Ricardo's cars during this time for the E-Pass, I am starting to wonder what was really going on that day, because the records do not show the HHR going through the toll on any of the same dates as the 4Runner or was Cindy driving her own car helping Casey or meeting Casey somewhere to help her and George followed the 4runner to find out what was going on maybe he did not expect to see Cindy's car and that is why he followed it, he was probably wondering why she was not at work and he could not catch who ever was driving, I think if the car was at George and Cindy's the neighbor that lent Casey the shovel would have seen the car at the house and he does not mention it at the house, something just is not right I dont think Casey's car was ever at George and Cindy's

I seem to recall the neighbor saying something about someone waiting for Casey in a truck. Am I not remembering this correctly? Or perhaps it was another day?

No, I must be misremembering something because I think he talked about her backing her car into the garage that day.

Try yours, JWG. Mine's broken. :rolleyes:

Folks, without being repetitive, she was not driving CA's vehicle. She was driving Tony's. GA saw KC driving a vehicle that looked similar to CA's. In the heat of the moment, utterly frustrated with his daughter at that point, GA drew a mental connection between KC and CA's vehicle. Remember, at this point GA has never met Tony, much less his vehicle. So the only vehicle he rationally expected her to be in was CA's.

Folks, without being repetitive, she was not driving CA's vehicle. She was driving Tony's. GA saw KC driving a vehicle that looked similar to CA's. In the heat of the moment, utterly frustrated with his daughter at that point, GA drew a mental connection between KC and CA's vehicle. Remember, at this point GA has never met Tony, much less his vehicle. So the only vehicle he rationally expected her to be in was CA's.

Then I wonder why he was so emphatic to the FBI that It was CA's because he saw that panda sticker on the windshield? What would be his motive for this lie? Unless, of course, they are just trying to cover up lies that they don't have written in their notes!

The Car

George claims to have chased Casey in Cindy’s car after the gas can incident June 24 but can not remember the date. It was about 5:30 or so, in the evening, a lot of traffic.

That gives us one date of June 29 that matches what George say to what is recorded on the EZPass bill

George’s EZPass records show him going where he said he chased Casey.
We have no corresponding EZPass record for Cindy’s car to match that chase.

We have George claiming it was Cindy’s car; interview with OCSO and the FBI with the added detail of the Panda sticker so he knows it was Casey’s car and Casey’ car was left in driveway.

George claims that in the FBI interview that Casey’s car was left in the driveway
Casey’s car was dumped by 7:00AM June 27 at the Amscot so it could not have been in the driveway.
George claims that he spoke to Cindy and she requested that he not go after Casey. He did so anyway.
Cindy denied she knows nothing about this to the FBI.

Questions:
If it was Cindy’s car that Casey was in during the chase then the transponder that is registered to Cindy’s car was not used since there is no matching date for June 29.
There does not appear to be any ticket issued for blowing through a toll both being charged to the A’s so how did Casey get through the tolls in Cindy’s car?
If it was not Cindy’s car than was it Tony’s jeep or another unknown vehicle that George mistook for Cindy’s car.
Or there was never a chase at all.
and
Why does GA say he saw Casey’s car in driveway?
Casey’s car was at the Amscot parking lot already so if she took Cindy’s car who brought her to the A’s home to take Cindy’ car?
When and how does Cindy get her car back?

Could it be that both George and Cindy knew that the car was towed on June 30 but did not know during those interviews that Casey’s car had been at the Amscot since June 27th. George during his interview with the FBI interjected into the story the part ‘Casey’s car was left at the house while she borrowed Cindy’s car’ to make Casey’s behavior sound better not realizing that by doing so would make what they said appear to be an outright lie.

If George did not ‘chase’ Casey that day then what was he doing going through those toll booths on June 29 traveling at the rate of 86 mph that has been calculated and why even mention it to begin with if it was not true? It would serve no purpose.

The only logical conclusion I can come to is
Casey went in Tony’s jeep to the A’s house to steal more gas. Her car was as at Amscot parking lot. George assumed that Casey had to be in Cindy’s car since that would have been the only logical conclusion in his mind. GA spoiled that plan by chasing her but she lost him in traffic. No corresponding EZPass record for Cindy’s car to match GA toll both record because Casey was not in Cindy’s car.
Casey has to now try and get gas from someone else. She has to ‘rescue’ the car, hence asking Amy for a gas can. By her delaying another day the car was towed.
George believes he saw Cindy’s car that day and did not want LE to let on to Cindy that he was giving them this information because he felt that it may implicate Cindy in some way since it would now mean that Casey and Cindy had contact with each other when Cindy has been claiming she has not. He wanted to tell them the truth but is afraid of Cindy’s wrath.

The only part that I can’t parse into this story line is GA claim that Casey’s car was parked in the driveway. Was that just a blind assumption at the time and without her coming to the house in her car it made no sense in his mind so he just said she was parked were she would always park. Since George may not have know about the actual date of June 27 that Casey left the car at Amscot he does not realize that his interjection Casey’s car parked in the driveway makes what he say suspect.

Then I wonder why he was so emphatic to the FBI that It was CA's because he saw that panda sticker on the windshield? What would be his motive for this lie? Unless, of course, they are just trying to cover up lies that they don't have written in their notes!

Long answer to your short question...

G&C are in right-to-left mode, IMHO. Its all a means to an end. Consider the stakes from their point of view...

They know they've lost Caylee, and anything they do to admit Caylee's dead would only serve to remove the single remaining means they have to distract the press, and, ultimately, plant a reasonable doubt in the minds of the jury. They have a single objective now, IMHO. They must continue to pump the sightings out for the defense to be able to go into court and say, "Casey was framed by LE so the state atty can close a high-visiblity, politically important, case they otherwise couldn't solve. They can't find the body. They don't know what happened. They can't prove Caylee died at Casey's hand."

If the defense capitulates to "Caylee's dead", then, the jury will be able to focus solely on who did it. If they focus only on who did it, then, Casey will have no defense on why she didn't come forward on her own immediately, except to say she was convinced by ZFG that Caylee was still alive. Casey will not be able to provide ANY proof of how ZFG convinced her of this...no phone calls, no texts, no witnesses, no prior contact, no handwritten letters, no emails, nothing. With Casey's history of lies well documented, the case stacked on Casey-did-it vs. ZFG-did-it is so overwhelming the defense needs the "Caylee's alive" reasonable doubt card more than desperately.

Soooo...ANYTHING G&C can do to support that the relationship between them & Casey during the 6/15-7/15 period wasn't strained, was normal, was no cause for concern, is their effort to paint Casey as the martyr...putting on her best effort to protect Casey and the family from the horror ZFG threatened. They have no other alternative from their vantage point...anything else is to support Casey's conviction. If G&C paint Casey as being deceptive to them in any way they just play into the truth that LE knows, the prosecution knows and the jury will certainly determine was a result of Casey's motive to hide the crime.

Specific to the chase. Cindy knew immediately that a chase would be counterproductive for the defense and, besides, she knew her 4Runner never went missing, hey, Casey was in Tampa tending to ZFG, or up in Jacksonville with Jeff (she couldn't be at the house borrowing my car or my whole story's busted). Right? Right! Good, end of story...never happened. George, on the other hand, knew he saw Casey from a distance in a dark SUV leaving the house. Perhaps he'd told this story to others besides Cindy and knew it would surface to LE eventually if he didn't tell it. It took George a little longer to get in right-to-left mode...recall he initially broke out on his own to the FBI w/ the chase info...but later in his statements he started indicating that it was common for Casey to borrow Cindy's 4Runner, etc. and eventually, has to force the story to work w/ a non-threatening-Casey-just-borrowed Cindy's car story. Recall how George's gas can story morphed from the witnessed, 'Here are your effin' cans' to the cordial 'I reached in and got them'. George saw enough to convince himself he was chasing Casey...the details (e.g. 4Runner, Panda sticker, Pontiac at the house) were filled in by either by his subconscious, in a conscious effort at some point to fall in line w/ the defense strategy, or some combination of both.

G&C are locked in a lose-lose battle, they know it...and they're playing their hand as they feel they must. Their choice to make.

Poor Caylee :(

There is something very odd about this story. GA is adamant that it was CA's car and describes that he is sure of it because CA has a panda sticker on the back. CA completely denies any knowledge of the event. GA says she gave KC permission and the keys??? Oddly, the easy-pass records don't back up the story.

Hmmm...

The only thing that I can think of is that maybe GA used CA's car to remove/dispose of some evidence that he thinks might show up if LE inspected CA's car. (Maybe they had already checked out CA's car and he was trying to make the "pieces" fit?)

I thought the same thing. GA was trying to place KC in CA's car just in case something came back as evidence. Maybe Caylee was still in KC's trunk when they retrieved the car from the towyard. George found her, put her in CA's car, and disposed of the body. This would also explain why GA went to work assuming he eventually did go to work that day. He wanted to be accounted for somewhere outside of the home and away from the situation. Sort of like creating an alibi.

Then why did he say ellaborate on Casey borrowing the car? He says Cindy gave her the keys and Casey left her car at their house. George also says Cindy's car was returned late afternoon or evening. If it was just a mistake, then he would have just said he didn't know why Casey was driving Cindy's car.

G&C are in right-to-left mode, IMHO. Its all a means to an end. Consider the stakes from their point of view...

They know they've lost Caylee, and anything they do to admit Caylee's dead would only serve to remove the single remaining means they have to distract the press, and, ultimately, plant a reasonable doubt in the minds of the jury. They have a single objective now, IMHO. They must continue to pump the sightings out for the defense to be able to go into court and say, "Casey was framed by LE so the state atty can close a high-visiblity, politically important, case they otherwise couldn't solve. They can't find the body. They don't know what happened. They can't prove Caylee died at Casey's hand."

If the defense capitulates to "Caylee's dead", then, the jury will be able to focus solely on who did it. If they focus only on who did it, then, Casey will have no defense on why she didn't come forward on her own immediately, except to say she was convinced by ZFG that Caylee was still alive. Casey will not be able to provide ANY proof of how ZFG convinced her of this...no phone calls, no texts, no witnesses, no prior contact, no handwritten letters, no emails, nothing. With Casey's history of lies well documented, the case stacked on Casey-did-it vs. ZFG-did-it is so overwhelming the defense needs the "Caylee's alive" reasonable doubt card more than desperately.

Soooo...ANYTHING G&C can do to support that the relationship between them & Casey during the 6/15-7/15 period wasn't strained, was normal, was no cause for concern, is their effort to paint Casey as the martyr...putting on her best effort to protect Casey and the family from the horror ZFG threatened. They have no other alternative from their vantage point...anything else is to support Casey's conviction. If G&C paint Casey as being deceptive to them in any way they just play into the truth that LE knows, the prosecution knows and the jury will certainly determine was a result of Casey's motive to hide the crime.

Specific to the chase. Cindy knew immediately that a chase would be counterproductive for the defense and, besides, she knew her 4Runner never went missing, hey, Casey was in Tampa tending to ZFG, or up in Jacksonville with Jeff (she couldn't be at the house borrowing my car or my whole story's busted). Right? Right! Good, end of story...never happened. George, on the other hand, knew he saw Casey from a distance in a dark SUV leaving the house. Perhaps he'd told this story to others besides Cindy and knew it would surface to LE eventually if he didn't tell it. It took George a little longer to get in right-to-left mode...recall he initially broke out on his own to the FBI w/ the chase info...but later in his statements he started indicating that it was common for Casey to borrow Cindy's 4Runner, etc. and eventually, has to force the story to work w/ a non-threatening-Casey-just-borrowed Cindy's car story. Recall how George's gas can story morphed from the witnessed, 'Here are your effin' cans' to the cordial 'I reached in and got them'. George saw enough to convince himself he was chasing Casey...the details (e.g. 4Runner, Panda sticker, Pontiac at the house) were filled in by either by his subconscious, in a conscious effort at some point to fall in line w/ the defense strategy, or some combination of both.

G&C are locked in a lose-lose battle, they know it...and they're playing their hand as they feel they must. Their choice to make.

This makes since, Bond. It would also explain why they are both trying to keep such copious notes about what they have told who. They have given so many conflicting stories and statements that you almost have to discount half of what they say. I keep trying to go back to those initial first days when everything started to come out. Those are the only real things in this case. Everything since has just been them backtracking and covering to keep KC from getting life behind bars.

The Car

George claims to have chased Casey in Cindy’s car after the gas can incident June 24 but can not remember the date. It was about 5:30 or so, in the evening, a lot of traffic.

That gives us one date of June 29 that matches what George say to what is recorded on the EZPass bill

George’s EZPass records show him going where he said he chased Casey.
We have no corresponding EZPass record for Cindy’s car to match that chase.

We have George claiming it was Cindy’s car; interview with OCSO and the FBI with the added detail of the Panda sticker so he knows it was Casey’s car and Casey’ car was left in driveway.

George claims that in the FBI interview that Casey’s car was left in the driveway
Casey’s car was dumped by 7:00AM June 27 at the Amscot so it could not have been in the driveway.
George claims that he spoke to Cindy and she requested that he not go after Casey. He did so anyway.
Cindy denied she knows nothing about this to the FBI.

Questions:
If it was Cindy’s car that Casey was in during the chase then the transponder that is registered to Cindy’s car was not used since there is no matching date for June 29.
There does not appear to be any ticket issued for blowing through a toll both being charged to the A’s so how did Casey get through the tolls in Cindy’s car?
If it was not Cindy’s car than was it Tony’s jeep or another unknown vehicle that George mistook for Cindy’s car.
Or there was never a chase at all.
and
Why does GA say he saw Casey’s car in driveway?
Casey’s car was at the Amscot parking lot already so if she took Cindy’s car who brought her to the A’s home to take Cindy’ car?
When and how does Cindy get her car back?

Could it be that both George and Cindy knew that the car was towed on June 30 but did not know during those interviews that Casey’s car had been at the Amscot since June 27th. George during his interview with the FBI interjected into the story the part ‘Casey’s car was left at the house while she borrowed Cindy’s car’ to make Casey’s behavior sound better not realizing that by doing so would make what they said appear to be an outright lie.
If George did not ‘chase’ Casey that day then what was he doing going through those toll booths on June 29 traveling at the rate of 86 mph that has been calculated and why even mention it to begin with if it was not true? It would serve no purpose.

The only logical conclusion I can come to is
Casey went in Tony’s jeep to the A’s house to steal more gas. Her car was as at Amscot parking lot. George assumed that Casey had to be in Cindy’s car since that would have been the only logical conclusion in his mind. GA spoiled that plan by chasing her but she lost him in traffic. No corresponding EZPass record for Cindy’s car to match GA toll both record because Casey was not in Cindy’s car.
Casey has to now try and get gas from someone else. She has to ‘rescue’ the car, hence asking Amy for a gas can. By her delaying another day the car was towed.
George believes he saw Cindy’s car that day and did not want LE to let on to Cindy that he was giving them this information because he felt that it may implicate Cindy in some way since it would now mean that Casey and Cindy had contact with each other when Cindy has been claiming she has not. He wanted to tell them the truth but is afraid of Cindy’s wrath.

The only part that I can’t parse into this story line is GA claim that Casey’s car was parked in the driveway. Was that just a blind assumption at the time and without her coming to the house in her car it made no sense in his mind so he just said she was parked were she would always park. Since George may not have know about the actual date of June 27 that Casey left the car at Amscot he does not realize that his interjection Casey’s car parked in the driveway makes what he say suspect.

Bolded by me.

GA was trying to concoct a story where the car was around right before the "smell" appeared so it could not have been a dead body in the car in the early days of Caylee missing.

I always have given GA the benefit of the doubt but this is very enlightening for me to realize he is bs'ing too.

Why would KC come to get gas cans w/TL and risk being seen even after she caught on the 24th with the gas cans by GA. Why would she want gas for a car that she abandoned. Did she mean to go back and get it? This is important. If she intended to go back, why didn't she. If she did not intend to go back, why did she leave her purse?

AWESOME Post. :clap::clap::clap: Would apply to everything these 2 say. It's all about covering for KC. KC was wrong in jail. It isn't all about Caylee.

Along that vein, the fact that CA said in her FBI "survey" that KC was very responsible and GA could not even say she was not except about money.

Bolded by me.

GA was trying to concoct a story where the car was around right before the "smell" appeared so it could not have been a dead body in the car in the early days of Caylee missing.

I always have given GA the benefit of the doubt but this is very enlightening for me to realize he is bs'ing too.

Why would KC come to get gas cans w/TL and risk being seen even after she caught on the 24th with the gas cans by GA. Why would she want gas for a car that she abandoned. Did she mean to go back and get it? This is important. If she intended to go back, why didn't she. If she did not intend to go back, why did she leave her purse?

*bold & color by me*

Karenz, I was coming back this morning to make this very point too! It seems George appointed himself as the being the witness that was gonna definitively rule out that there was a body (or odor) in the trunk by giving first the gas-cans-he-retrieved-himself story, then, a Casey-was-ok-to-leave-the-car-@-the-house-and-we-have-keys-so-there-couldn't-have-been-a-body-in-the-car story.

Casey definitely wanted to get the Pontiac. After the attempt to get gas cans from home failed 6/29 morning she immediately texted Amy ~10AM asking her about getting her gas can. Then, on Monday, 6/30, she enlisted Amy's help to goto Target to get a new gas can. She just didn't count on Amscot actively pursuing the tow. The car was parked well away from the building and she may have thought outta sight...outta mind.

*bold & color by me*

Karenz, I was coming back this morning to make this very point too! It seems George appointed himself as the being the witness that was gonna definitively rule out that there was a body (or odor) in the trunk by giving first the gas-cans-he-retrieved-himself story, then, a Casey-was-ok-to-leave-the-car-@-the-house-and-we-have-keys-so-there-couldn't-have-been-a-body-in-the-car story.

Casey definitely wanted to get the Pontiac. After the attempt to get gas cans from home failed 6/29 morning she immediately texted Amy ~10AM asking her about getting her gas can. Then, on Monday, 6/30, she enlisted Amy's help to goto Target to get a new gas can. She just didn't count on Amscot actively pursuing the tow. The car was parked well away from the building and she may have thought outta sight...outta mind.

Good point about that story coupled with the retrieve the gas can story. Now it makes sense to me. Well, not really sense because this so does not make any sense but you know what I mean- sense in KC's world!!:crazy::crazy:

*bold & color by me*

I think Casey definitely wanted to get the Pontiac also.I'm not going with the theory that she wanted it to get towed or stolen.But, was it left there on purpose that day so she could borrow TONE's and because she had to take him to the airport and she didn't want him in her car for obvious reasons.Did she have unfinished business? Things left in the car? or is this simple she obviously needed a car.??

I think Casey definitely wanted to get the Pontiac also.I'm not going with the theory that she wanted it to get towed or stolen.But, was it left there on purpose that day so she could borrow TONE's and because she had to take him to the airport and she didn't want him in her car for obvious reasons.Did she have unfinished business? Things left in the car? or is this simple she obviously needed a car.??

That's absolutely brilliant, WAISI! :clap:

• Casey knew Tony didn't like her driving his Jeep GC
  • Casey KNEW <6/27 he'd EXPECT her to drop him @ the airport 6/30AM
  • Casey HAD to come up with a way NOT to take Tony to the airport in the Pontiac owing to the smell & he'd want to put his stuff in the trunk (no body, just smell)
  • Casey had to ENSURE the Pontiac alibi to Tony would jive with her not retrieving the Pontiac <6/30, hence, she tells Tony its broken-and-Dad'll-get-it vs. outta gas. Casey may run it outta gas just to ensure it won't start if Tony wants to try it himself when he rescues her 6/27.
  • Casey didn't rush to gas up the Pontiac before 6/29 since she didn't want it back until 6/30 and her story to Tony was that George would handle it, so, she must've given him some story about needing his Jeep 6/29AM to go get something...she couldn't enlist his help for gas cans again...that would've busted her story.
Casey's plan didn't account for Amscot paying attention to the car.

Brilliant, Whyamisointerested, absolutely brilliant! I'm carrying this post over to the Pontiac thread for convenience. :bowdown:

That's absolutely brilliant, WAISI! :clap:

• Casey knew Tony didn't like her driving his Jeep GC
  • Casey KNEW <6/27 he'd EXPECT her to drop him @ the airport 6/30AM
  • Casey HAD to come up with a way NOT to take Tony to the airport in the Pontiac owing to the smell & he'd want to put his stuff in the trunk (no body, just smell)
  • Casey had to ENSURE the Pontiac alibi to Tony would jive with her not retrieving the Pontiac <6/30, hence, she tells Tony its broken-and-Dad'll-get-it vs. outta gas. Casey may run it outta gas just to ensure it won't start if Tony wants to try it himself when he rescues her 6/27.
  • Casey didn't rush to gas up the Pontiac before 6/29 since she didn't want it back until 6/30 and her story to Tony was that George would handle it, so, she must've given him some story about needing his Jeep 6/29AM to go get something...she couldn't enlist his help for gas cans again...that would've busted her story.
Casey's plan didn't account for Amscot paying attention to the car.

Brilliant, Whyamisointerested, absolutely brilliant! I'm carrying this post over to the Pontiac thread for convenience. :bowdown:

I'm almost there. What date/time did she have to take Tony to the airport? (I did read back, I'm just not seeing it. Sorry)

ETA: Never mind. I see it.

I'm almost there. What date/time did she have to take Tony to the airport? (I did read back, I'm just not seeing it. Sorry)

The morning of the 30th.

Looks to me like the lone ping @ the airport 6/30 @ 9:17AM when she calls Jesse is the best indication that she dropped Tony off <9:17AM. Before that she pings @ Tony's apt. and after that @9:22AM she pings what appears to be on her way to Amy & Ricardo's as she texts Amy asking her, "What time do you work today?"

Those changed dates have bothered me a lot in this case. I have wondered since the beginning if they downloaded that film (which they claimed was Father's Day) deleted it on the camera, changed the date and then reloaded it to the camera. That is very easy to do.

If they really wanted to fool LE, the best way would be to make LE "think" they had found a different date than the date reported for the last time seen KC and it would throw all the time lines and prosecution off.

But the sign-in sheet & the witness at the NH proves Caylee was there on the 15th..How is there any way around it?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic
Back