ALL Movie-TV-Book Connections to friends and fabrications

~ respectfully snipped ~
...The movie, as far as plot goes, is way too twisted to happen in real life. That was probably my only criticism, otherwise a great film...

I think the twists and turns in this case are so bizarre they would never be believed in a movie.

Well we have not seen a pimp/gangster yet, buried money or drug trafficking. thank god!

~bolded by me ~

C'mon, JB does a pretty darn good "My Cousin Vinny" imitation!

Omg! I was left ROLLING this morning when I heard that....

a one armed nanny!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's next a satanic cult in a van?

We don't get the full airing of "Today" in my region. We only get one hour. But.. oh, my... watching that one hour was painful! I can only imagine the presentation by Casey's lawyers being geared for the Today show which is about one step above "Regis and Kelly". They have to keep the presentation light for "the masses". It couldn't have possibly been a serious examination of the issues. Not on that cotton candy show!

Ugh! Sitting through an hour of it was wretched. That lets me know all I need to know about the interview with the lawyers.

~*

"The movie, as far as plot goes, is way too twisted to happen in real life. That was probably my only criticism, otherwise a great film." quoted

I dunno...this has gone way beyond twisted in this case IMO...craziness every single day...."quite frankly" I am sick of it:bang:

I keep waiting for the pea soup and spinning heads. Have demons been blamed yet?

They can call it "the Linda Blair Defense".

~*

Did I just read correctly in the Daily News Thread here that LKB said Casey has been compared to Osama Bin Laden and Baez as Hitler?

Give me a freakin' break! Nothing like attorneys on national tv whining and saying their client has been victimized and so have they! Makes me want to puke!

She's a "Fugitive Character" all right....................a fugitive from the "truth"!!!!

well imho the only thing they have in common is the following..

1. The Fugitive.....a made up story for tv.. a FICTION

2. Casey's Story..... a made up story .... FICTION

Absolutely!!! Her story is a LOT like The Fugitive, because it's been cobbled by all of the movies and TV shows she's watched. Unfortunately, she did not do all that great of a job developing a plotline or a motive for the ficticious killer(s?) which is why she's not getting rave reviews...

YAWN. Their spin is getting tiresome.

I think a better comparison is Harrison Ford in Regarding Henry...........the guy who got amnesia.

And amidst all of this "you shouldn't be forming an opinion of our client, but here's an analogy to an innocent person that you should use to form said opinion" - did ya'll catch LKB's statement about the report that is coming out in the "next week or so" from the "National Academy of Science"? Supposedly this report will state that what prosecutors and law enforcement put forward as science may "not be science". Of course, she then mentioned that she wasn't trying to tie this specifically to the Anthony case, while tying this to the Anthony case. Nice.

Using the analogy of an innocent doctor who loved his wife in the movie, was charged and convicted of her murder is not even similar to Casey. In Casey's instance her story would and should not be made into a movie but her daughter was missing for 31 days before she was reported missing by her grandma, there is decomposition and a hair with a death band in her mothers trunk, Casey has lied in every LE interview conducted and I could go on. I again see no similarities between Casey and the Fugitive unless she is planning an escape from jail!:eek:

I don't know that Dr. Sheppard was innocent. F.L. Bailey got his conviction overturned I believe because it was determined he didn't receive a fair trial because of all the media attention. I am pretty sure they never came up with the "real killer." LKB was trying to make it sound like after everyone was so sure Sam Sheppard killed his wife and then the "real" killer was found and he was exonerated, like Casey will be :rolleyes: but that never happened, in his 2nd trial Sam Sheppard was aquitted because half the witnesses were dead and evidence was lost. Another bad comparison by LKB if you ask me.

ETA: You know, I'm sorry, you were referring to the movie, I was thinking of the Sam Sheppard case that inspired the movie. I haven't seen the movie in forever, I forgot Harrison Ford turned out to be truly innocent in the movie version.

~~~~~ I had nothing to do with it. ~~~~~

Slot_Machine_m.jpg

What are you insinuating Dr. Pennypacker…the gambler did it? All I can think of is Kenny Rogers.

Are you a member of the defense team and is this the new strategy? :bang:

And amidst all of this "you shouldn't be forming an opinion of our client, but here's an analogy to an innocent person that you should use to form said opinion" - did ya'll catch LKB's statement about the report that is coming out in the "next week or so" from the "National Academy of Science"? Supposedly this report will state that what prosecutors and law enforcement put forward as science may "not be science". Of course, she then mentioned that she wasn't trying to tie this specifically to the Anthony case, while tying this to the Anthony case. Nice.

Agree, major contradictions on the defense part.

Don't form an opinion of her./Think of her as the Fugitive.
We won't try this in the media./Attack the forensics on national tv.:waitasec:

What are you insinuating Dr. Pennypacker…the gambler did it? All I can think of is Kenny Rogers.

Are you a member of the defense team and is this the new strategy? :bang:

Who did it???
Gantry.jpg

Perhaps they will finally release the sketch of the ZFG that allegedly kidnapped Caylee. "See this is the one that took her............This one only has ONE arm."

Im still waiting on the picture of them all that was supposedly taken in the JB Park LOL:rolleyes:

Maybe Cindy is right, Caylee is not dead, she is alive. This is all just a misconstrued illusion.

What I really think is Casey is going to humiliate her mother and blame her for all this.

CA and GA should have realized this a long time ago. Maybe they will need a defense against Casey's lies. If one enables an evil person they will turn on you eventually.

Any bets this report was written by her hubby??

Agree, major contradictions on the defense part.

Don't form an opinion of her./Think of her as the Fugitive.
We won't try this in the media./Attack the forensics on national tv.:waitasec:

And I just found a NYTimes article about the report that I believe LKB must have been referencing although not specifically (ahem, wink wink...) to the anthony case - mods, am I allowed to post a link to a Ny Times article? If so, I'll post it. Thanks!

I can't believe that the Today show will even give this airtime. It was a ridiculous analogy. It may have been clever enough to get the station's attention, but that's not saying a whole lot. I hate the fact that no one is speaking for Caylee. The defense wants the general public to buy into this rubbish. It's an insult not only to this poor baby (and most importantly), but to all of us out here in tv land. What an inane segment!!

I can't believe that the Today show will even give this airtime. It was a ridiculous analogy. It may have been clever enough to get the station's attention, but that's not saying a whole lot. I hate the fact that no one is speaking for Caylee. The defense wants the general public to buy into this rubbish. It's an insult not only to this poor baby (and most importantly), but to all of us out here in tv land. What an inane segment!!

Post of the day, imo!!! :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back