Cindy's eulogy for Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.
KC used "captivating" to describe Caylee too.

A foundation for what exactly? To raise money?

Are that many people going to show up?

I , too, felt guilty over feeling that the "eulogy" was sort of inappropriate (for lack of a better word) and I tried to post the positive things I could find. I sat on my fingers, but have to say that I felt like the "their grief is only temporary, their hearts will soon mend, " while perhaps true, was just, I don't know, unnecessary. There was no need to assign rank to grief, one's inferior to another's. As I said earlier, the two paragraphs about donations and foundations were inappropriate and unnecessary .

I too agree, it is the oddest obit, announcement, eulogy. It started out correct, but then somehow derailed in the last few paragraphs. I am curious who wrote this, because this is not the standard (per say) Funeral Director obit or family eulogy.:waitasec:

wow this is a tough crowd.:rolleyes:
I thought it was very heartfelt and beautiful.

I think if it is read with an open mind and setting aside the things that people don't like about Cindy it can be seen for the beautiful eulogy it is meant to be. I don't think that Cindy was putting anyone down. I think that she acknowledged the fact that so many people grew to love little Caylee even if we didn't know her. I guess it would be hard to write it so that NO ONE would pick it apart. I think that is a shame.

I personally think that this was a beautiful eulogy. I am proud of Cindy, not a fan at all, but proud that she was able to write something such as this during these times.
I am proud to see that Make A Wish has received donations in memory of Caylee as Make a Wish has made the difference in people's lives who I am, or was (R.I.P) very close to.

The newspaper made a mistake calling this notice a "Eulogy".

This statement is not a eulogy, it is an obituary. Nothing in that speaks of Caylee's dreams, poems, likes, joys an celebrations nor her spirit. Eulogys are given at the funeral or memorial. This was a notice that would be placed in a newspaper. Donations and the location is given. These things are not mentioned in eulogys.

I'm still digesting "truly", too and this "For those who fell in love with Caylee Marie on national TV, their grief is only temporary, their hearts will soon mend, and their memory of her may eventually fade. But for those who actually had the honor to meet Caylee Marie, it will be much more difficult for them to say goodbye, and their hearts may never heal."

....hmmm....lemme think here about how to say this....I think that's devaluing & minimizing the emotions & energies of everyone who followed the case -- & hoped & prayed every day that Caylee would be found safe -- as though they'll go on with their lives & not ever think of that little girl again.

I can't recall another case where the family, if they did make public comments, did anything but thank everyone who prayed & hoped along side them during a tragedy.

I can't recall another case where the family basically said that strangers who took the time to care would just stop caring forever.

I can't recall hearing anyone, at any funeral I've personally attended, say essentially "glad to see some unknown faces but don't forget you don't, won't & can't hurt as much as us". well duh. That's just tacky.

So yeah, I felt a 'jab' reading that. Not just for myself, but for everyone else who cares about little Caylee.

I'm sure the family (well, except KC) does feel the loss deeply, but I've never, ever accepted someone trying to minimize or deny my own thoughts or feelings & make them insignificant.

I looked it up myself since you mentioned it:

Main Entry: eu·lo·gy
Pronunciation: \ˈyü-lə-jē\

1 : a commendatory oration or writing especially in honor of one deceased <she delivered the eulogy at his funeral>
2 : high praise

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eulogy

So if you take out the sentence with "the ones who truly knew her and loved her"...we are down to six as this is also a backwards jab. Then when she mentions how Caylee's life "will not have ended without a purpose" (reflecting back to the donations, imo)...we are at five sentences exclusively about Caylee. Out of approximately 450 words: approx. 172 are about donations and approx. 81 about Caylee personally.

Heartbreaking......

I am so aggravated and kind of angry, right now. I think the world of a lot of you guys, but I am so shocked that anyone would tread on sacred ground to tear a eulogy apart. :(

This is about honoring Caylee... not about who or who isn't mentioned in the eulogy... not about who or who did not write the eulogy... not about anything other than Cindy eulogizing that baby to honor her. Dislike Cindy all that you want, but tearing her eulogy apart, to me, is so very disrespectful.

I think that you are right on and agree with everything that you said. It almost makes me sick to read some of the things that have been said. The father...it's none of our business who Caylee's dad is. Nit picking the whole thing to pieces. Why wouldn't Cindy have written it herself. I'm sure she doesn't swear all of the time...she was angry. It's sad that people can't sit there feelings aside and as our mothers said "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" just this once. Cindy wrote that the way she wanted too and she also explained what the purpose of the memorial is about but no one has mentioned that...to honor Caylee's life. She is right...we will go on about our lives as people do but she doesn't think they will ever heal and they won't. She isn't putting anyone down. I think it was beautiful. I had to write one for my daughter and it is not an easy task. I'm so glad that there was no one that picked it apart.

The newspaper made a mistake calling this notice a "Eulogy".

This statement is not a eulogy, it is an obituary. Nothing in that speaks of Caylee's dreams, poems, likes, joys an celebrations nor her spirit. Eulogys are given at the funeral or memorial. This was a notice that would be placed in a newspaper. Donations and the location is given. These things are not mentioned in eulogys.
totally agree. Plus it is refers to whom it would like to be in attendance at the memorial. A eulogy would more likely be given at the actual memorial.

Its the family's rite to make whatever announcements or obituaries or eulogies that they deem fit. It's like a wedding, up to the family. The rest of us are to politely move in the flow of their wishes, be kind, and mourn with them.

I am so aggravated and kind of angry, right now. I think the world of a lot of you guys, but I am so shocked that anyone would tread on sacred ground to tear a eulogy apart. :(

This is about honoring Caylee... not about who or who isn't mentioned in the eulogy... not about who or who did not write the eulogy... not about anything other than Cindy eulogizing that baby to honor her. Dislike Cindy all that you want, but tearing her eulogy apart, to me, is so very disrespectful.
I am a bit shocked myself.

Honestly, I don't mean to be disrespectful...but I am very disappointed this was not exclusively written about Caylee and in a respectful, dignified manner. This should not be about donations and excluding people who have grown to love Caylee. It should be ONLY about Caylee. It is HER eulogy/obituary or whatever they should choose it be. The honor for Caylee was small in comparison to the other things mentioned. I am sorry I feel this way. :(

It does deeply sadden me because this was one thing I sincerely thought would be all about Caylee. This is where she is supposed to finally be shown dignity and respect. Honor and celebration of her life. Love and decency.

I don't know if any of you followed the Samantha Runion Case....her mother is the most capable women ever to grace the earth. Her heart iis pure and it's broken, yet her words are full of stregnth and hope. She is someone to emulate in these terrible times. Little Samantha stole my heart. I hope she gets to be the one who greets Caylee. Two litttle angles like that playing in heaven has to bring some joy or peace.

Because of Caylee, so many other children have been the recipient of the kindness and generosity from those who have donated on her behalf. Donations have been made to numerous organizations such as Toys for Tots, Shriners, St. Jude's Hospital, Make-a-Wish Foundation, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Orlando Rescue Mission and Kid Finders Network. Another child will receive a new smile after receiving multiple reconstructive surgeries to repair a cleft palate.

I think Caylee would be proud of her grandparents for giving to other children.:)

I don't know if any of you followed the Samantha Runion Case....her mother is the most capable women ever to grace the earth. Her heart iis pure and it's broken, yet her words are full of stregnth and hope. She is someone to emulate in these terrible times. Little Samantha stole my heart. I hope she gets to be the one who greets Caylee. Two litttle angles like that playing in heaven has to bring some joy or peace.
I went to closing arguments and sat across from Erin on one side and Avila on the other. Samantha was found right here in San Juan Capistrano.

It was heart breaking.

I followed Samantha's case & here's what her mother had to say in her eulogy:

"Nothing can bring our baby back," she said, choking back tears. "But knowing that her death was handled with the utmost integrity and her life cherished by so many does bring some solace. We are overwhelmed by the love people have shown Samantha.

"We always knew she had a gift for the world but it never occurred to us that her greatness would be realized in her death." (my bold & source http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,58680,00.html)

Honestly, I don't mean to be disrespectful...but I am very disappointed this was not exclusively written about Caylee and in a respectful, dignified manner. This should not be about donations and excluding people who have grown to love Caylee. It should be ONLY about Caylee. It is HER eulogy/obituary or whatever they should choose it be. The honor for Caylee was small in comparison to the other things mentioned. I am sorry I feel this way. :(

It does deeply sadden me because this was one thing I sincerely thought would be all about Caylee. This is where she is supposed to finally be shown dignity and respect. Honor and celebration of her life. Love and decency.
well I think it was written in a dignified manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn