Cindy's eulogy for Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so aggravated and kind of angry, right now. I think the world of a lot of you guys, but I am so shocked that anyone would tread on sacred ground to tear a eulogy apart. :(

This is about honoring Caylee... not about who or who isn't mentioned in the eulogy... not about who or who did not write the eulogy... not about anything other than Cindy eulogizing that baby to honor her. Dislike Cindy all that you want, but tearing her eulogy apart, to me, is so very disrespectful.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I think that you are right on and agree with everything that you said. It almost makes me sick to read some of the things that have been said. The father...it's none of our business who Caylee's dad is. Nit picking the whole thing to pieces. Why wouldn't Cindy have written it herself. I'm sure she doesn't swear all of the time...she was angry. It's sad that people can't sit there feelings aside and as our mothers said "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" just this once. Cindy wrote that the way she wanted too and she also explained what the purpose of the memorial is about but no one has mentioned that...to honor Caylee's life. She is right...we will go on about our lives as people do but she doesn't think they will ever heal and they won't. She isn't putting anyone down. I think it was beautiful. I had to write one for my daughter and it is not an easy task. I'm so glad that there was no one that picked it apart.

I agree with you both also.

When you lose a loved one to murder it is something you never get over.Those of us that have felt that pain know that truly a person who knew of our loved one will never feel the depths of our pain ,anguish, and sorrow.

I don't know if any of you followed the Samantha Runion Case....her mother is the most capable women ever to grace the earth. Her heart iis pure and it's broken, yet her words are full of stregnth and hope. She is someone to emulate in these terrible times. Little Samantha stole my heart. I hope she gets to be the one who greets Caylee. Two litttle angles like that playing in heaven has to bring some joy or peace.

It still breaks my heart when I see pictures of little Samantha. What a beautiful child she was. I'm so glad that monster got the death penalty. I've seen Samantha's mother a lot and she is quite the lady and mom. Samantha is another little girl that will never be forgotten.

I think it's a given that none of us have hurt as much or will hurt as much as the anthony's (less the murderess). That's why it wasn't necessary to put it in the "whatevertheywanttocallit". (seems we're undecided what it should be called)

I am so aggravated and kind of angry, right now. I think the world of a lot of you guys, but I am so shocked that anyone would tread on sacred ground to tear a eulogy apart. :(

This is about honoring Caylee... not about who or who isn't mentioned in the eulogy... not about who or who did not write the eulogy... not about anything other than Cindy eulogizing that baby to honor her. Dislike Cindy all that you want, but tearing her eulogy apart, to me, is so very disrespectful.
i kinda wanted to say something along these lines but i was too :chicken:

I'm still digesting "truly", too and this "For those who fell in love with Caylee Marie on national TV, their grief is only temporary, their hearts will soon mend, and their memory of her may eventually fade. But for those who actually had the honor to meet Caylee Marie, it will be much more difficult for them to say goodbye, and their hearts may never heal."

....hmmm....lemme think here about how to say this....I think that's devaluing & minimizing the emotions & energies of everyone who followed the case -- & hoped & prayed every day that Caylee would be found safe -- as though they'll go on with their lives & not ever think of that little girl again.

I can't recall another case where the family, if they did make public comments, did anything but thank everyone who prayed & hoped along side them during a tragedy.

I can't recall another case where the family basically said that strangers who took the time to care would just stop caring forever.

I can't recall hearing anyone, at any funeral I've personally attended, say essentially "glad to see some unknown faces but don't forget you don't, won't & can't hurt as much as us". well duh. That's just tacky.

So yeah, I felt a 'jab' reading that. Not just for myself, but for everyone else who cares about little Caylee.

I'm sure the family (well, except KC) does feel the loss deeply, but I've never, ever accepted someone trying to minimize or deny my own thoughts or feelings & make them insignificant.

It does sound like it minimises the feelings of others. Along with the "truly" it certainly emphasises the mentality of "us v them". Still a competition. I think it was unnecessary to point out even if it were true. Perhaps whoever wrote this just is a really bad writer. But it certainly doesn't sound all embracing and inclusive.

I would have said something like, "For those who fell in love with Caylee Marie on national TV, I wish you had had the honour to meet her in person and known her bright and loving spirit ".

It does sound as if whatever this thing is meant to be, it has been written by committee.

To me it sounded more like an obituary and I think it was written by their lawyer but thats just my opinion

Agree, but why am I not shocked????

I don't know really what to make of it, part of me wants to believe CA wrote it with a "pure heart" but part of me wants to wonder why I feel like the real point of it was to discourage those who didn't know her from physically attending. It was nice to recognize that people who didn't know her came to care deeply for her, but a bit irritating to suggest their grief isn't real and she would easily be forgotten by those same people. Anyway, that's what I got from it.

I think she is acknowledging their grief, but it is fundamentally different to lose a child you knew and took care of.

You are right. I cannot even read all the other posts in this thread.

You know that if they were bashing anyone but Cindy like this, they would be banned instantly or given a "warning".

I think some posters didn't understand the eulogy ... here's a summary:
IT'S ABOUT CAYLEE

There is no way, at this point, that Cindy will be able to do anything right as far as the public goes. While I have not been a fan, I do have sympathy for her and as far as having to write something like this(whatever you want to call it) for my child is beyond my comprehension.

Originally posted by terminatrixator:
. . .To criticize the eulogy and dissect every word uttered, every movement this woman makes really truly makes me frustrated. I'm sure she never thought when her daughter was born and she held her in her arms and loved her that one day she would be making a Eulogy for her Granddaughter, whom her own daughter murdered.

Or that all of her failings and weaknesses during this catastrophic event in
the life of her family would be under constant scrutiny, ridicule, and scorn!

Have we become so consumed by obsessive sleuthing that we've lost all
perspective about our own need for good taste and decorum, instead
assuming entitlement to just jump on every nuance of this "eulogy," "announcement," or "obituary" by grieving grandparens?

At least for the next several days, give this family respite from merciless
nitpicking and disparagement as they attempt to formally mourn THEIR
grandchild, great-grandchild, & niece.

Originally posted by LALAW2000
I am still with you, SS. I feel exactly as you do on this.

Feel how? The Dictionary exercise has nothing to do with "feelings,"
it's about counting, keeping score, proving a grieving grandmother
wrong, one more time!

Enough is enough already.

I think she drove the point home that we all didn't KNOW Caylee. I think CA did the best that she could, I don't know if I would even be able to make sense if I had to do it. Good for her for being strong..it is beautiful.

ETA..this must be a typo as Caylee was their grandchild.

The family is requesting that those with only the purest of hearts and truly honorable intentions attend the service for their beloved child

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/serv...onday/orl-cayleeobit0809feb08,0,6952778.story

Isn't Caylee "theirs"? She's part of the family, so therefore, she's their child, their girl, their baby, their granddaughter. I see no problem with it. I call my nieces and nephews "my girl" and "my boy" all the time, and when they were infants, they were "my baby". It's just an endearment. My family did the same with my children. I said it when my sister was an infant. She was also "my baby". She belonged to our whole family as much as Caylee belonged to the Anthonys.

I changed my post a bit, but yes...unfortunately the backhanded jabs were still there at people she doesn't like and listing all of those things were a request for even more donations. I didn't expect to see it in Caylee's eulogy. I would have expected to see nothing besides sweet things about Caylee.

I feel this way also, SS.

**I had quoted the wrong post earlier.

Verité;3276836 said:
Feel how? The Dictionary exercise has nothing to do with "feelings,"
it's about counting, keeping score, proving a grieving grandmother
wrong, one more time!

Enough is enough already.

I happen to have quoted the wrong post and have now corrected it. I feel how I feel, Verite', just as you have a right to your feelings. You must not have read the last paragraph - it was not only about the meaning of the word eulogy.

No one said it is about keeping score.

This is an extended obituary. There are no limits on the length of an obituary other than what the local newspaper will place on you. It is customary to have an obituary printed prior to a funeral or memorial service if possible to announce where the service will be, etc. I think we can conclude with 2 months in between the remains being found and the date of the memorial service that it was possible to have the obituary printed prior to the service. Many obituaries also serve as brief eulogies for the public. I see this no differently. In fact, considering the publicity surrounding this case, I see it proper both in content and form.

With that objective review of "etiquette" behind us...looking at what Cindy says here I would say she did a wonderful, irreproachable job on this. An obituary is typically (for families who don't have the entire nation involved in their loss) a public statement of what friends and family members of the deceased have enjoyed and then lost. It is a public statement of memorial to the person lost, and grieving FOR THOSE WHO KNEW THE PERSON. Cindy has been faced with writing an obituary that services strangers who have come to care for Caylee but not personally know her, as well as those "friends and family" who personally did. She pulled that off flawlessly. She did so by acknowledging all those out here in the wide wide world who have been touched by the loss of Caylee, but by also representing the smaller group who actually have lost a little girl in their personal lives. I'm not sure I could have done as well. Cindy could have written this obituary as a traditional one, and never mentioned any one else but friends and family.

Concerning some one's statement that she didn't even ask for donations for the church where the memorial is held: Why would she? The Anthony family has been supported by the pastor and staff of Eastside Baptist Church since July 2008. The larger First Baptist was selected to receive the possible vast presence for the memorial. It has already been stated on local news outlets that the the entire memorial service (including all charges by the First Baptist Church) have been paid by large donations of two local families in Florida. Cindy's naming of Eastside is her one way to assist that church in all the charitable work they have done for the Anthony's over an extended period of time. Her requests that donations go to a variety of charitable organizations instead of spending the money on flowers that would go to the Anthony family eventually is totally acceptable and in this situation the most proper thing to do.

In conclusion - Cindy did a wonderful wonderful job at writing something that I can't imagine having to even consider as a task before me. Her obituary for Caylee is impeccable.

Cindy is not on trial for the murder of Caylee. I think it highly improper that this obituary has been posted here for dissection as if you are actually performing some type of benefit to society in your deconstruction. This is not sleuthing...it's hatefulness, it's uncivil, and it's embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike