The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

LancelotLink, did you ever get an answer about a yapping dog? It is odd because now I have heard that Haleigh will have a pet waiting for her when she comes home. Wasn't there already a pet carrier on the front porch in pics when Haleigh went missing?

Wish I could hear Ronald calling Haleigh's name as you did. I just didn't hear it.

:)

I heard a doggie in one of the first interviews. Where Ron was all prostrated...never got an answer, but a little yappy dog would bark if someone came close. This is another reason I think they shipped the child off while they reaped donations. Walk in the back door, turn on the light? Yap yap yap! Small dogs are the most ferocious! They don't understand height or gravity! This was an inside job. You just hear Ron once, calling Haleigh, and it sounds as if he is looking under the davenport...no yelling I heard.

And who hangs up on 911? I still say contrived.
Yep! Staged, contrived, and poor Misty...she was just messing it all up. They broke in. Does the door look like it was forced? Um, no." Is that when the b-words start flying?

Any WS out there who can enhance the background? I listened again would really love to hear more of the background noise.

I noticed that RC spoke for about 25 seconds before he hung up on the operator, it took her about 30 seconds to call back and 30 seconds for the phone to be answered and MC really sounded scared..What happened in that minute....I could really hear the fear in MC's voice, the operator was very professional and wanted to let MC know that she would stay on the line with her until LE arrived, did MC hang up on 911 again? :confused:

I would love to hear the FBI's voice enhanced version of this call, Scorpian! Believe me, the FBI probably has a nice, clear version.

I would also bet you $10.00 in cyberbucks that the dispatcher warned the responding offices about Ronald's anger and that he said he had a gun. It was also over the top for Ronald to even say on tape that he would kill the person who had stolen his daughter. Even says he will shoot through the cruiser window. His mother is a dispatcher so he did know all 911 calls are taped. He wanted everything he said on that tape also.

No, I do not buy what Ronald is selling. JMO.

The reason why the 911 call is so confusing, I think, is because Misty is so afraid. She can't think. Her concentration is on RC. It's almost like she is in survival mode. Like watching him out of the corner of her eye and can't concentrate on the questions being asked.

The 911 op. was telling MC things to tell RC. Like calm down and she said nothing. Almost like she didn't want to drawl attention to herself. KWIM?

They were asking MC Haleigh's birth date. She didn't know. The operator asked to talk to RC. She handed that phone to him almost like in relief. Handing her fears over to the operator.

I think his anger issues have been the problem with getting solid answers from MC as far as the 911 call.

bold by me...... I TOTALLY AGREE with this statement..... she sounds scared to death!

I just listened for the first time..... why do they sound like they are in a tin can? almost like in a bathroom..... or small place....
there is ALOT of talking going on in the background that you can't understand.... would be nice to know what was being said and who was talking

I heard a doggie in one of the first interviews. Where Ron was all prostrated...never got an answer, but a little yappy dog would bark if someone came close. This is another reason I think they shipped the child off while they reaped donations. Walk in the back door, turn on the light? Yap yap yap! Small dogs are the most ferocious! They don't understand height or gravity! This was an inside job. You just hear Ron once, calling Haleigh, and it sounds as if he is looking under the davenport...no yelling I heard.

I believe it also, LancelotLink, and have from the beginning because of that 911 call and his temper, then crying and just couldn't quite get the crying part down, IMO. Now he did do a pretty good job on the anger!

Well, it will be a happy day when this master plot is uncovered and Haleigh is located. Maybe they will learn the old saying that money can't buy happiness is right.

The 911 operator asks Misty when she last saw Haleigh and she says that it was about 10 when Haleigh was asleep in bed and she was cleaning. Didn't Misty see Haleigh in the bed 4 inches or 4 feet from her when she herself went in to bed.......She claims to have seen the little boy get up and go through the door just as she drifted off to sleep, yet didn't jar awake wondering what he was doing up. Very strange

Is there another 911 tape? I listened to the one on the 1st post of this thread and I'm not hearing him say I'll shoot him in the police car or whatever he said, I know I know I heard it on a 911 tape, not hearing him calling Haleigh at first and not hearing a dog, was there a dog on a 911 tape?

Just making sure I'm listening to the whole thing and not bits and pieces.

Again, anyone who can enhance the background? I know its been done before.:)

The reason why the 911 call is so confusing, I think, is because Misty is so afraid. She can't think. Her concentration is on RC. It's almost like she is in survival mode. Like watching him out of the corner of her eye and can't concentrate on the questions being asked.

The 911 op. was telling MC things to tell RC. Like calm down and she said nothing.
Almost like she didn't want to drawl attention to herself. KWIM?

They were asking MC Haleigh's birth date. She didn't know. The operator asked to talk to RC. She handed that phone to him almost like in relief. Handing her fears over to the operator.

I think his anger issues have been the problem with getting solid answers from MC as far as the 911 call.

bolded by me

I wouldn't have told him to calm down either. But only because if it was me and someone told me to calm down, I would yell and tell them not to tell me to calm down. I get completely irrational and Momma-Lion when it comes to my kids and their safety. (Example: we were driving, the roads were icy and everybody was driving really slow. We were on a mountain and this car comes speeding around a curve - probably 50-60mph, which isn't fast normally but we were all driving 20-25mph. Anyway, he ended up hitting us. After I calmed down and got home, the guys gf called to make sure we were okay and I just completely started yelling at her bc my kids were in the car, her bf's an idiot, he could have killed my kids. It wasn't her fault. She was being nice. I yelled at her. Irrational.)

bolded by me

I wouldn't have told him to calm down either. But only because if it was me and someone told me to calm down, I would yell and tell them not to tell me to calm down. I get completely irrational and Momma-Lion when it comes to my kids and their safety. (Example: we were driving, the roads were icy and everybody was driving really slow. We were on a mountain and this car comes speeding around a curve - probably 50-60mph, which isn't fast normally but we were all driving 20-25mph. Anyway, he ended up hitting us. After I calmed down and got home, the guys gf called to make sure we were okay and I just completely started yelling at her bc my kids were in the car, her bf's an idiot, he could have killed my kids. It wasn't her fault. She was being nice. I yelled at her. Irrational.)

His temper got in the way of her communicating to the operator. I didn't say he wasn't justified to be angry.

His temper got in the way of her communicating to the operator. I didn't say he wasn't justified to be angry.

I do agree. I've said this in regards to Misty before that on the 911 call she seems like she's trying to talk to the operator AND listen to Ron but obviously can't do both. :blowkiss: I'm just a Ron-Defender... until Geraldo tomorrow. Then who knows. I have no idea what I think happened to that poor little girl.

This whole ordeal is a mess. Even Ron and Misty don't have the same stories. I know that LE is holding stuff back for Haleighs sake. AND I hope people are right (on here) and this is solved (and she's home!) by next week.

Yep! Staged, contrived, and poor Misty...she was just messing it all up. They broke in. Does the door look like it was forced? Um, no." Is that when the b-words start flying?

I believe that is when Ron gets hostile with Misty, but I'm not 100% positive.

Is there another 911 tape? I listened to the one on the 1st post of this thread and I'm not hearing him say I'll shoot him in the police car or whatever he said, I know I know I heard it on a 911 tape, not hearing him calling Haleigh at first and not hearing a dog, was there a dog on a 911 tape?

Just making sure I'm listening to the whole thing and not bits and pieces.

Again, anyone who can enhance the background? I know its been done before.:)

LOL if this was an episode of Columbo, he would be setting up an alibi for a murder he was about to commit. You call 911, lay out the plan (if I find him I'll kill him) then you shoot the guy (who happens to be your heavily insured business partner) and then Columbo figures it all out.

I have gone back and listened to this 911 tape several times...and I just can't put my finger on what is not sitting right....there is so much commotion in the background I find myself trying to hear what is going on in the house at that time...

RC seems to be looking for something while MC is on the phone with 911. You can hear what may be a lot of pots and pans, glasses or somehting being shuffled around I believe it starts at the 2:18 - 2:25 mark, I believe it's during that time you hear 2 thumps and Misty is clearly distracted, it almost sounds like an empty coffee can being banged or perhaps dropping, around the time MC gets distracted giving description of Haleigh.

Then around the 5:05 mark (I believe this is the second call) and I may be hearing MC asking what'd you do with it? Again distracting her from the operator.

Anyone else able to decipher? I guess I'm curious what RC is doing during the call, he is not looking for his daughter.

I have gone back and listened to this 911 tape several times...and I just can't put my finger on what is not sitting right....there is so much commotion in the background I find myself trying to hear what is going on in the house at that time...

RC seems to be looking for something while MC is on the phone with 911. You can hear what may be a lot of pots and pans, glasses or somehting being shuffled around I believe it starts at the 2:18 - 2:25 mark, I believe it's during that time you hear 2 thumps and Misty is clearly distracted, it almost sounds like an empty coffee can being banged or perhaps dropping, around the time MC gets distracted giving description of Haleigh.

Then around the 5:05 mark (I believe this is the second call) and I may be hearing MC asking what'd you do with it? Again distracting her from the operator.

Anyone else able to decipher? I guess I'm curious what RC is doing during the call, he is not looking for his daughter.

You have good ears. What program are you using to listen to the 911 call? All I have on my laptop is Windows Media Player. I have listened to this twice..with earbuds, but I'm having trouble hearing/understanding a lot of the conversation and background. That may be because I am listening from my laptop and the volume control leaves something to be desired. I'll pull it up on my PC and try to listen again.

As I stated in my previous post, I cannot understand why he is not out running around the neighborhood screaming for his daughter, banging on neighbors doors. That would be a natural reaction if you came home a found your child missing. Just doesn't sit right with me at all.

Really, Uh Really when you child is missing:mad: That don't make any since to me.

You can think whatever you want. I have had people hang up in the middle of domestics where they were getting the snot beat out of them. I have had people hang up in the middle of reporting fatal motor vehicle accidents, and people hang up in the middle of reporting their child missing.

One mother called to report her child missing and when I started asking the standard questions she told me to forget it and hung up. I had to call her back to finish getting the info. Turned out that the kid was not really missing in the classical sense. Seems that mom and kid had a fight, mom kicked the kid out, kid hadn't been heard from in hours and mom got nervous when she didn't have answers for the questions I was asking.

The oddest call ever was actually the calmest person I ever talked to. He was reporting that his wife died and was 100% calm. He very factually stated that his wife had died and could I please send the funeral home. According to the personnel on scene the man never had any reaction other than being calm, cool, and collected.

When people are in a state of panic they do things that make no sense at all to you and I because we are analyzing it from a rational mindset. Some are completely calm and others will scream and curse at you at the top of their lungs. There are people that will tell you that it was a waste of time to call because "you guys aren't going to do anything anyway."

You would be amazed at some of the things that a dispatcher hears. There are plenty of sites on the web where you can hear actual calls. You should check them out sometime. It will really give you a good look at what goes on during some of the calls dispatchers take.

I have to agree about people being weird during 911 calls. My fiance once hit some ice, drove off the road and hit a tree. Upon getting out of the car and grabbing his cell to call 911, he found a body in the ditch his car was half in. By his belief he thought he had run this person over. Normally this is a man that is somewhat exciteable and a bit hyper active.

I heard only one end of the call, but it went something like this:
Fiance: Yes, I need an ambulance and the police, I just killed someone. (total calm)
Pause.
Fiance: Yes, I ran them over with my car. (Still calm.)
Pause.
Fiance: Gives our location and then says "No, they are in the ditch, and also under my car. No I don't know them. Would you like me to look for a pulse?" (He could have been talking about the weather.)
Pause.
Fiance: No I don't think I can move my car...it's totalled. (Getting agitated.)
At this point he walked to the front of the car, and completely flipped out.
Fiance: OH MY GOD, LOOK AT MY CAR. IT'S WRECKED, COMPLETELY F'ING WRECKED.

Not your standard reaction and since he was so much more worried about the car than the person, he was held until the ME cleared him by saying the person had been killed of a drug overdose at least 3 days before.
I only recount this story to point out that people don't always react the way we think they should.
Also for the record, my fiance did have nightmares and other bad effects from the whole situation, but he says at the time, the dead body didn't affect him because it was so unexpected it was surreal. The damage to the car was expected and therefore real.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back