CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like the mother knew where the baby's body was, but she's not a suspect?

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=6718007

(snip)
Detectives interviewed the mother Wednesday night and Thursday morning and eventually they were led to the address on the 13,000 block of El Dorado. Sheriff's detectives would not specify what exactly brought them to the address but said it was based partially on interviews with the mother.
"Within a few hours, several inconsistencies developed during the investigation," said Lt. Pat Nelson, L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. "Many of those were investigated further through the course of the evening and further investigation led unfortunately to the discovery of the body of the toddler in the Mission Hills area here this morning at about 11 o'clock."

It sounds like the mother knew where the baby's body was, but she's not a suspect?

(snip)
Detectives interviewed the mother Wednesday night and Thursday morning and eventually they were led to the address on the 13,000 block of El Dorado. Sheriff's detectives would not specify what exactly brought them to the address but said it was based partially on interviews with the mother.
"Within a few hours, several inconsistencies developed during the investigation," said Lt. Pat Nelson, L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. "Many of those were investigated further through the course of the evening and further investigation led unfortunately to the discovery of the body of the toddler in the Mission Hills area here this morning at about 11 o'clock."

GOd, I hate it that I always first suspect a parent when something like this happens.

Maybe Mission Hills area is where her new boyfriend lives...maybe?

Has anyone heard anything about Emma's father? Does this mother live at home? I've read that the grandparents have spoken but what about her parents?:waitasec:

Has it been said how Emma died?

Could the new boyfriend have beaten up the mother and killed the baby? I'm just trying to figure out how the mother was semi-conscious with contusions. Could she have gotten beat up trying to save her baby? Maybe originally she was covering for him.

Good God! I just found this in the comments :eek: WTF!

sabortoothmamma 3/19/09 4:55 PM PDT

They say the body found "APPEARS TO B that of A CHILD"? Good god does that mean it was burned beyond recognition ? Mark As Violation

(snip)

Could the new boyfriend have beaten up the mother and killed the baby? I'm just trying to figure out how the mother was semi-conscious with contusions. Could she have gotten beat up trying to save her baby? Maybe originally she was covering for him.

I agree. Even if she is responsible for her daughters death, it still doesn't explain how she got the injuries she has..

Maybe, Lizzybeth, this was snipped from that article too.

Detectives say the mother had injuries that were consistent with a struggle.

There are too many conflicting news reports to count! Hopefully by morning, someone will have a clue.

WOW, It get's weirder by the minute. My heart breaks for this little girl. I am sorry but someone would have to KILL me before I let them hurt one of my children. Usually when a child is found dead and the last known person seen with them has minor injuries, it's not a good sign. i.e Darlie Routier IMO

Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide investigators said the body of 18-month-old Emma Leigh Barker had been dumped near the Golden State Freeway in the San Fernando Valley some time Wednesday or Thursday. Investigators began searching for the girl Wednesday night but found inconsistencies in the story her mother had told police and received information suggesting the girl was dead, the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.

I know you should never judge a book by it's cover, but does anyone else get creeped out by the boyfriend's pic? And now with the new detail that it was a man who called and reported Emma missing, it makes me go hmmmmm.

I know you should never judge a book by it's cover, but does anyone else get creeped out by the boyfriend's pic? And now with the new detail that it was a man who called and reported Emma missing, it makes me go hmmmmm.

I believe LE has been stating she called her brother, who then reported it to police. Why didn't she call 911 first?

I didn't see the pic of her boyfriend...

I'm going to guess mom killed her daughter and made the rest up. I could be wrong, but this is usually how these things go.
Which, if true, is not only incredibly tragic but admittedly makes me angry. Simply bc, imho, cases like this (if she did murder that child) increases the likelihood that society, and more importantly, LE will ignore real missing children cases by assuming the parent murdered the child, thereby losing precious time in locating the perp and saving the child.

He does look creepy AND older than 23, IMO.

Interesting that he has listed himself as "single", hmmmmm

Yes, I noticed the single status as well. We as women tend to take relationships more seriously then men, so it could be nothing more then that. Or it could mean more.:crazy:

Ok I have not heard it was her brother, I thought they just said "male caller". You can view the boyfriend's pic by going to his myspace http://www.myspace.com/18026557

Thanks cali mommy for the link.

The gal in the blue dress in a group photo looks exactly like the myspace photos of the mom Stacey with baby Emma. Many partying pics...also she posts comments to him about their February trip to some Nascar thing.

She's only 20 years old and a mother of an 18-month old baby. I'm worried about whoever murdered and tossed this little girl away near the freeway. If it was a stranger abduction and murder, that means the person is still on the loose and is a danger to others. If it turns out to be the mom or bf, it is just as tragic. Hope we hear more tomorrow about who may be responsible for this horrible crime.

Duh, bogeygal! I guess I should have read the thread first! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa