Phillip C. Knight Institute

As nearly as I can tell, the Fictitious Business Name Statement is a State of California law that is carried out by the individual counties. I think the form is the same for all, what might be different are the fees collected, and of course the newspapers that the "dba" needs to be printed in. The Fictitious Business Name Statement is supposed to be filed in the County within which the registrant has his/her principal place of business.

The second page of the application includes the instructions for the form. The fictitious business name expires after 5 years and needs to be renewed at that time. If the registrant ceases to transact business under the fictitious name then they must file an abandonment of the name. Its more complicated than that but that is the essence.

The real estate agent that got that Garrido form did not include the whole application, although my guess is that most of the rest of it is blank. I found a full form for another county and nowhere does it ask the nature of the business. Maybe Sutter County does ask that? Or, maybe that is asked for a business license?
IBN:
I do not have any answer to any of these forms.
But I do not understand the following now that we are in the information age.
since PG is a Convicted Sex offender / Registered Sex offender.
Why did not LE/PO just google all his names?
Why didn't they do what can be done with one google search??

I am only mesmerized that a RSO can open a school of any kind -
I think even animals can be endangered with a SO
OK OK :crazy: I know he is not into bestiality.
But he is dangerous, and should have been properly monitored.
This school filing freaked me out...
I DID NOT EXPECT that, especially since it is so easy to find by a click of one button.

If I say the LE should pay through the nose, and a barrel of them should be fired yesterday
if I say it was most negligent I am being kind.
I actually think They should be hung by their toes from the tallest tree for all the town to see.
No I am not violent, or have a gun, or would I believe in kkk. Nor do I like to see a toed hurt.

I do believe in Law & order, and there is not one excuse for any of it.
When I saw the filing for a school I turned red with fury. :furious:

Nowhere on the form does it say he opened a school.

This form, this application, is to register a fictitious name. Period. End of story. Not sure why that is so difficult to understand.

The form did not show up online until that real estate agent got it from the County Clerk's Office in Martinez and loaded it up to Scribd. Not sure if it was yesterday or today. Prior to that it was not Googleable.

The word "institute" as a noun, has a variety of meanings, one of which is "an educational institution and especially one devoted to technical fields" (that is according to Merriam-Webster).

Law and Order as you call it, is one thing, the Rule of Law is another.

OK OK :crazy: I know he is not into bestiality.

Snipped and bolded by me
So...how do you know that? There were animals on the compound, gotta link for that info?

Please note: I am totally kidding. I know dang well you don't have a link and that you're just spouting off:) I'm just being a smarty pants;) And even if you did have evidence in any way regarding the above topic, I don't want to know about it, cuz that is just nasty!! :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Why do I get the impression that the author of this article is monitoring Websleuths? :waitasec:

Snipped and bolded by me
So...how do you know that? There were animals on the compound, gotta link for that info?

Please note: I am totally kidding. I know dang well you don't have a link and that you're just spouting off:) I'm just being a smarty pants;) And even if you did have evidence in any way regarding the above topic, I don't want to know about it, cuz that is just nasty!! :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Even if you did want a link - I would not know where to look LOL

:waitasec: hmmm on second thought there were animals on the compound.
But you know what...Let's not go there...I am afraid of the responses. :blushing:
We have already gone off track a few times.. LOL

This form, this application, is to register a fictitious name. Period. End of story. Not sure why that is so difficult to understand.

The form did not show up online until that real estate agent got it from the County Clerk's Office in Martinez and loaded it up to Scribd. Not sure if it was yesterday or today. Prior to that it was not Googleable.

The word "institute" as a noun, has a variety of meanings, one of which is "an educational institution and especially one devoted to technical fields" (that is according to Merriam-Webster).

I do understand that it was for the purpose of registering a fake name. NONE the less.
When a name is registered, they did not know what it is for, and that it was merely to fake us all out.
As a result, it should have been followed up....
and if there was not a computer link then. SUREY the County's Clerk's Office is all open to the public,
And they could have should have checked ALL his names with every office at least twice a year.

Why do I get the impression that the author of this article is monitoring Websleuths? :waitasec:

I posted a link to that information over a month ago and nobody responded to it.

I figured he used that name and said it was his so he wouldn't have to publish the "fictitious name statement". Because he used Phillip C. Knight when he first filed for a business license (I'm sure he said that was his name not an alias) there was no need for a fictitious name publishing. He added Institute later after he already had the license.

Boy, it makes me wonder who was giving him tips on how to get around the system. I don't think he's smart enough to figure this out.

All it is is a name for a school if he ever was to open one. It's not a real Institute or school as nothing was filed other than for a business license. I agree that he probably used it to buy wholesale. Much more than school supplies could be bought using this license.

We need to check with the State Board of Equalization to see if he also has a resale license.

I must have missed the link you posted a month or so ago. I will go look for it now.

But, are you sure he got a Business License?

The very idea that a person like PG was even able to get the ball rolling on such a business venture is absolutely harrowing, at best. You don't find it just the tiniest bit disturbing that a person convicted of a violent crime is able to obtain paperwork to register a fictitious name whether it's attached to an "institute" or not? I understand that it's not actually a legitimate school and that it's just a form filed with the county clerk, I think everyone here is clear on that. But some people might not understand. These are the type of people PG liked to prey on. He only went after the weak and unsuspecting. He could use this document to convince someone that his was an "accredited" school. Not everyone is as smart as us. It could fool someone.

It's also possible that some other SO has gone all the way to actually obtaining an actual business license for a school somewhere in the state of California or elsewhere. Just because we don't have evidence of that here, doesn't mean it's not a possibility elsewhere. I hope not, but I don't think this should just be brushed off as nothing. It needs to be investigated and fixed. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

I guess I'm just trying to understand what your point is.

The very idea that a person like PG was even able to get the ball rolling on such a business venture is absolutely harrowing, at best. You don't find it just the tiniest bit disturbing that a person convicted of a violent crime is able to obtain paperwork to register a fictitious name whether it's attached to an "institute" or not? I understand that it's not actually a legitimate school and that it's just a form filed with the county clerk, I think everyone here is clear on that. But some people might not understand. These are the type of people PG liked to prey on. He only went after the weak and unsuspecting. He could use this document to convince someone that his was an "accredited" school. Not everyone is as smart as us. It could fool someone.

It's also possible that some other SO has gone all the way to actually obtaining an actual business license for a school somewhere in the state of California or elsewhere. Just because we don't have evidence of that here, doesn't mean it's not a possibility elsewhere. I hope not, but I don't think this should just be brushed off as nothing. It needs to be investigated and fixed. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Yeah! I don't think anyone is going to argue with that and it's one reason to keep on digging. This creep seemed to be constantly up to something!

Oh, yeah, now I see...well there's always one. :b

2sisters: Okay, well you confused me. I think mostly today we have been talking about the opinion piece that Tizzle posted, the one at antioch grove dot com with the accompanying fictitious business form that Garrido filled out.
Actually, there are two different ones that are accessible.

So, yes, it is a step in the process for applying for a business license but so far there is no evidence that he ever did apply for a business license.

2sisters: Okay, well you confused me. I think mostly today we have been talking about the opinion piece that Tizzle posted, the one at antioch grove dot com with the accompanying fictitious business form that Garrido filled out.
Actually, there are two different ones that are accessible.

So, yes, it is a step in the process for applying for a business license but so far there is no evidence that he ever did apply for a business license.
And that is why some like me are up in arms wondering how can that be? :waitasec:
How can he file and them not follow up? :waitasec:
What is it one has to do to feel that LE is not asleep at the wheel :waitasec:
there are LAWS, and requirements, and reference checking and, and, and. No body picked up on anything... :furious:
the fact that he can file is scary to me. :eek:
And like someone said maybe he did not go through with it, but how do we know who did go through with it?
and is bluffing LE because they CAN.

Harrowing??? Really??? Good grief.
And, no I don't find it disturbing that a person convicted of a violent crime is able to obtain paperwork to register a fictitious name whether it's attached to an "institute" or not. What do you think he was going to fool people into doing? I mean, people fool other people all the time. Bernard Maddoff for example. Anyone who would look at that piece of paper and think that it was an accredited institution deserves to get fooled, in my opinion.

"I think everyone here is clear on that. But some people might not understand." — Actually, no, not everyone here was clear on that and it was obvious that not everyone did understand.

This is sounding like another how wonderful Mr $layton is. Of course, anything is possible.

Can someone please direct me to the other one? All I saw was the Antioch Grove.

I've spent all my time wading through all the hysteria since I've logged on. Is it a full moon?

And, no I don't find it disturbing that a person convicted of a violent crime is able to obtain paperwork to register a fictitious name whether it's attached to an "institute" or not. What do you think he was going to fool people into doing? I mean, people fool other people all the time. Bernard Maddoff for example. Anyone who would look at that piece of paper and think that it was an accredited institution deserves to get fooled, in my opinion.
"I think everyone here is clear on that. But some people might not understand." — Actually, no, not everyone here was clear on that and it was obvious that not everyone did understand.

This is sounding like another how wonderful Mr $layton is. Of course, anything is possible.

BBM
SAD INDEED...that you find it OK or that some naive/innocent person would deserve that.

Yes there are con artists out there for sure, there are people out to harm others for sure.
there are people out to rip some off for sure.

I do find that Harrowing... when they already have a record about a perp, and are left to proceed as usual.

Can someone please direct me to the other one? All I saw was the Antioch Grove.

I've spent all my time wading through all the hysteria since I've logged on. Is it a full moon?

Here is the current version of the article at antioch grove dot com.

Earlier today the article was by Jeremiah Peterson, now the article is by Simon King.

the article

Yes, to me, the thought of even one child being trapped in an abusive home schooling situation is harrowing. Good for you that you're numb to those types of feelings, how nice that must be.

Maybe you're right that people who would look at that piece of paper and think it was legit deserve to be fooled for being so stupid, but their children don't. He wouldn't use that to harm stupid parents, he could use it to harm the children of those stupid parents, though. Same with other SO's.

And, why do I keep seeing KS being mentioned? We haven't heard from him in how long now? Really, simmer down now. (Let it lie)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher
Back