Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/69531172.html?storySection=comments
"Posted by: clue Location: charlottesville on Nov 9, 2009 at 04:21 PM

"The comford Inn was mention .Did the search extend to 250 and milton road ,down by the river? I pray she is found alive soon "
"

this may be nothing but I just thought it was weird that someone asked if it has expanded that far. but maybe it really wasn't that far. i agree with the above poster about how its awfully specific.
the river looks wider there but the river goes all over the area. it does look isolated. also i brought up a few other times about the train tracks. were there any trains that night? the tracks go right by to here.
even if this is not perp, maybe its smeone who knows something and is trying to give a tip. maybe they gave the other tip about the hotel.

there is another article at the hook that is really good to use as a reference on the case because it covers about everything. it was posted awhile ago but seem to be updating which is why its weird that editor never corrected somethings because he did others. it looks like there are quite a few comments daily until nov 4 there is one that says something like your post above is detailed maybe you should be investigated. then i noticed that a few days prior to that post show no comments and there arent any after. maybe they were removed. just wondered.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/69531172.html?storySection=comments
"Posted by: clue Location: charlottesville on Nov 9, 2009 at 04:21 PM

"The comford Inn was mention .Did the search extend to 250 and milton road ,down by the river? I pray she is found alive soon "
"

this may be nothing but I just thought it was weird that someone asked if it has expanded that far. but maybe it really wasn't that far. i agree with the above poster about how its awfully specific.
the river looks wider there but the river goes all over the area. it does look isolated. also i brought up a few other times about the train tracks. were there any trains that night? the tracks go right by to here.
even if this is not perp, maybe its smeone who knows something and is trying to give a tip. maybe they gave the other tip about the hotel.

there is another article at the hook that is really good to use as a reference on the case because it covers about everything. it was posted awhile ago but seem to be updating which is why its weird that editor never corrected somethings because he did others. it looks like there are quite a few comments daily until nov 4 there is one that says something like your post above is detailed maybe you should be investigated. then i noticed that a few days prior to that post show no comments and there arent any after. maybe they were removed. just wondered.

That is weird. And their name is "clue"? How can we forward this info to LE?

Excellent point and would make sense now.
Someone did sleuth out on craigslist that two tickets were for sale in her row/area.
I have no idea now who posted that and if they tipped the police or not.
Great catch.

Oh My Goodness... I hope LE has pondered the thought that if she indeed put the extra tickets on Craig's List - to get some extra cash, what if she made arrangements with the buyer(s) to meet at the concert. I could see where she would say she's meet him at the font doors. What if she went outside because he (they) couldn't get in doors without tickets. She finds him, and he gives her the run arond about needing to go back to his car for the cash - or he didn't have the exact amount and he'd take her to an ATM machine so she could get change...

A very possible scenerio. She could have called her friends to tell her what she was doing, (that would explain the call to the friend).

LE could have instructed family & friends to keep info quiet - while they try to search out the 'ticket buyer'.

I know if I was selling something though - I'd NEVER go alone! Or I'd NEVER let many of my friends go alone either!

Praying for her safe return... Hoping LE is on top of this case!

I can't tell from her photos if she was shy and naive or street savvy and independent.

In the link from post #11 her Dad says:
"Has our fault been that we created a beautiful, shining— but guileless— girl?" asks Gil. "Should we have instilled fear?"

Sounds like she was not shy, but naive perhaps

This comment following the article gives me (and some commenters) the creeps
KATRENAVANTASSLE11/4/2009 11:21:38 AM
I think it is very possible that Morgan used her friends email and phone to meet up with someone that she knew her parents wouldn't approve of. She is a gorgeous young woman.

Many creeps could cash in on the internet with her. She gave me the impression by what I read that she is really nieve and trusting in nature, therefore would easily be a target to someone with sinister motives.

I do not think she is still in the arena, I think she left willing with someone and threw her purse off as a decoy to her family so she could leave. I too agree her parents were smothering her and she wanted out. What you see on the outside isn't always was is actually on the inside.

Sex slavery is alive and happening all over the world and in the USA. These young girls need to wake up and realize this is NOT a safe world any longer.

I have three adult daughters and not one of them would ask me if what they were wearing to the concert was okay. They would wear what they wanted to wear, regardless of my thoughts and we all three talk about everthing and anything. Morgan didn't call her brother because she knew he would tell their parents what she was planning to do.

In the end, I pray she is found alive and well, but statistically speaking, I doubt it. The will find her remains one day after the pervert is finished with her and cannot use her anymore for his desires; if she is found alive it will be a miracle. The longer she goes missing, the longer the chance she is still alive. Look for a white male,28-50 yrs old, that had a reason to be at that arena, who drove a box van, who had a normal and young looking appearance, a friendly voice, who lives in that area. Search his home for evidence of internet *advertiser censored* and you will probably find what happened to Morgan. I hope the FBI's internet team is searching the newest *advertiser censored* websites to look for her...I would bet my last dollar that is where they will find her, because of her looks she reeks of money to be made by the sex slave rings.

(bold by me) As someone posted, this is an armchair detective, but to go so far as to talk about a box van, and voice ... eep! But, the lady posted under her own (supposedly) correct name, so it's probably not a lead ... but still ...

Also, from this same (really good!) article this quote caught my eye
A few stories that have surfaced in the media have been debunked. Among them were a grandmother who believed she might have seen Morgan in the Arena's parking deck arguing with a young man, as well as reports that items of Morgan's clothing have been found.

I don't recall the grandma's story being debunked, do you?? Do we know why it isn't credible? Sorry if I've just spaced this out!

I find it kind of strange that her brother Alex has done nothing..notable.. in the search for Morgan. Alex has not even changed his My Space page to her missing poster like most of her friends and tons of people on Facebook have done.
In Gils statement she says "Alex is the only one of us who has had many moments of genuine grief, afraid if we go there we will drown and not be able to do this job."
This is in the Find Morgan, Family Blog.
I wrote about her brother previously. He is a hair dresser and lives in New York. http://www.papermag.com/blogs/2008/09/cornered_style_alex_jordan_har.php

I would think that most big brothers would "man up" during something like this. His parents need him and his sister needs him. There would be a time for breaking down and tears later..when all is known.

I wonder if they have checked his apartment in New York. I am pretty sure Morgan would have a key to that apartment since somebody somewhere in my looking around said Morgan used to fly food out to him in New York because the prices of food in NY are so high. I thought that strange but everybody jumped me and said..its the sisterly thing to do. Ok I will accept that. I thought you could buy a whole ton of groceries for the flight price.
Has anybody heard what Alex is doing to "find Morgan"? Sorry I just can't let this go.
Also on that link that I posted above when asked why did you leave Alex states " I had to get out of there" Did he mean the state or did he mean home?

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/225980

Just found this, I hope I can post it, I didn't see any asterisks.

I like the bit -
'So many armchair detectives have used the Web pages to post their speculations and raise questions about Harrington's disappearance that the Virginia State Police has tasked two agents to constantly peruse the sites in search of useful information, spokeswoman Corinne Geller said. "We think, if it's out there and if it's surfaced, let's look into it."

It's good to know our thoughts are not going unheard.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/11/11/school-rule-1000-feet-add-felony-drug-charge/

Here is a link from readthehook.com. Drug dealers busted for pushing drugs too close to UVA campus and near a custard stand.

IMO, dealers are sick and twisted people and may be tied to other crime. I PRAY that LE has taken a look at these people.

There are plenty of upstanding citizens who use drugs. Seriously. You'd never know. Dealers are just filling a niche and although you are entitled to your opinion, addictions do not yield sick and twisted as a linear line of thought...every college town has tons of dealers. They were probably meeting someone (pre-arranged) near a custard stand, and the paper took the idea and ran with it. You don't just see drug deals going down near UVA....seriously...even "sick, twisted dealers" aren't that stupid.

I am about to ramble and think aloud. You've been warned!

I have trouble with this theory that she went outside to sell the extra tickets.

I mean, if that were the case, I think it would actually be pretty understandable why no friends came with her:whoever went out would need to use a new ticket to get back in, so maybe she didn't want to lose the potential $$$ of another ticket sale just in order to allow a friend to come outside with her (especially for what she was no doubt thinking would be a a quick transaction in a brightly-lit place with security guards everywhere).

In fact, still running with the "she went outside to sell the tix" theory, I can easily see somebody making intial contact with her about buying the tickets, finding out she had more extra tickets than he needed, and then deliberately a) upping his order of tickets so she'd only have one extra, and b) delaying his appearance ("Oh, I'll be late, I'm showing up right when Metallica starts") in order to ensure she would be the only person who came out. (And I can see how he would sweeten this deal: "Since I'm getting there late, and you'll have to use an extra ticket to get back in, obviously I'll pay for that one, too. It's just such a favor to have you show up outside in the middle of the opening acts.") Seriously, if this was the case, it was not a crime of opportunity at all, but something chillingly well-plotted in advance.

But here's what DOESN'T make sense about that scenario, or about her going out to sell the tickets:

She wouldn't have done it, I think, unless she DID have an extra ticket to get back in. So then (knowing as we do that she tried to get back into the concert after her purpose for going outside was accomplished), you have to ask, what happened to that extra ticket?

- Did the guy offer her some ridiculous sum of money for it at the last moment, and she decided to take the cash on the off-chance she could convince security to let her back in with her old ticket stub?

Say this is the case. I can't imagine how it goes from there. Assuming the guy who bought the tickets is the perp, what does he do? Loiter around to see if she gets back into the concert, while risking that she spot him and ask herself why he hasn't gone in to the concert after paying $$ for tickets?

If Morgan hadn't been seen wandering alone through the parking lot, I'd assume that something like this might have gone down: he could claim, after buying the tix, to now be waiting for his friends -- "You didn't get in? Unbelievable. And man, my friends are STILL not here. Yeah, I'm waiting for them to show up so I can give them the tix and we can go on in. Looks like they're going to be late, though. Well, hey, if one of them doesn't show, you can have that ticket back. Hey, I've got some beer in my car, I'm going to hang out there till they call. You want to have a drink while we wait to see if you can have that ticket back?"

But *nobody* who saw her outside the stadium, or in the RV lot, saw her with anybody. So that doesn't make sense.

If we take those eyewitness sightings as legit, then she went outside the arena for some purpose, and then, after failing to get back in, wandered on her own. So, all we know is this: if she had extra tickets before she went outside, she didn't have them when she tried to get back in. If somebody had stolen the tickets from her, I think she would have mentioned this in the 8:48PM phone call.

Sorry to ramble. But seriously, at this point, I think we can't come up with any solid hypotheses without knowing exactly why she went outside. It's a totally different set of possibilities if she went outside for a purpose, or she really did just accidentally land up outside after looking for a bathroom.

Edited to add: you know, something does occur to me belatedly. Maybe she DID go outside to sell the tickets but her friends didn't know it. Maybe she did tell them that she was just going to the bathroom. Why? She was broke, right? She'd gone into the negative on her account. Maybe she was supposed to invite all nine of her friends, but saw an opportunity to make a little money by keeping some of the tickets to sell. This was probably embarrassing for her, so she wanted to keep it a secret, especially so the friends she didn't invite wouldn't feel hurt by her decision to sell the tickets rather than go with them. In that case, yeah, her friends really might have thought that she WAS goign to the bathroom. And maybe she felt too foolish afterward, when she was locked out, to tell them the truth of why she'd gone outside -- so she stuck to her old lie.

Okay, at this point, I feel like I'm making stuff up out of thin air to fit the very few details we know, so I'll stop. Grr. It's so frustrating, though. I can't imagine how awful this "what-iffing" is for people who know and love her.

I am about to ramble and think aloud. You've been warned!

[respectfully snipped, though I agree with your reasoning]

But *nobody* who saw her outside the stadium, or in the RV lot, saw her with anybody. So that doesn't make sense.

If we take those eyewitness sightings as legit, then she went outside the arena for some purpose, and then, after failing to get back in, wandered on her own. So, all we know is this: if she had extra tickets before she went outside, she didn't have them when she tried to get back in. If somebody had stolen the tickets from her, I think she would have mentioned this in the 8:48PM phone call.

Sorry to ramble. But seriously, at this point, I think we can't come up with any solid hypotheses without knowing exactly why she went outside. It's a totally different set of possibilities if she went outside for a purpose, or she really did just accidentally land up outside after looking for a bathroom.

Edited to add: you know, something does occur to me belatedly. Maybe she DID go outside to sell the tickets but her friends didn't know it. Maybe she did tell them that she was just going to the bathroom. Why? She was broke, right? She'd gone into the negative on her account. Maybe she was supposed to invite all nine of her friends, but saw an opportunity to make a little money by keeping some of the tickets to sell. This was probably embarrassing for her, so she wanted to keep it a secret, especially so the friends she didn't invite wouldn't feel hurt by her decision to sell the tickets rather than go with them. In that case, yeah, her friends really might have thought that she WAS goign to the bathroom. And maybe she felt too foolish afterward, when she was locked out, to tell them the truth of why she'd gone outside -- so she stuck to her old lie.

Okay, at this point, I feel like I'm making stuff up out of thin air to fit the very few details we know, so I'll stop. Grr. It's so frustrating, though. I can't imagine how awful this "what-iffing" is for people who know and love her.

The not being seen with anyone else between 8:48 and 9:30 speaks loudly to me about a ticket sale gone wrong not being the likely scenario, though if MH hadn't revealed that to friends, as you edited, more probable.

And to a slightly earlier post about Grandma's sighting, I don't believe it has been confirmed (so not included in LE's official time line), but recall it was later than 9:30 (closer to when Metallica would have finished) and involved one male "who it looked like MH knew."

Did LE actually ping Morgan's cell phone as being in the area that the concert was? That way it would confirm she was actually there or at least her phone was. (earlier on people were wondering if she was really at the concert or not)

I haven't seen any information on this (or Harrisonburg, for that matter). Anyone else?

But if the battery's out, clearly there are no more pings. So why is it unimportant to LE that the battery was missing? Either MH or someone else could have done it intentionally for that or other reasons. DH reportedly said something along the lines of "it happens frequently to MH's phone," which I guess makes it a non-issue, and people are I guess assuming it was unintentional (maybe during the unverified times MH was seen dropping her purse), but then why wasn't a battery found?

Just throwing this out there...

IF MH had extra tickets to sell...why wouldn't she have tried to sell them before she entered into the arena?

Why would she sit thru part of a concert and then just up and decide to go outside and try to sell extra tickets?

Speculation in one post I read this morning about checking highway rest stops, especially closed ones, so I did some checking.

The nearest closed rest stop on I-64 east is Goochland's, just on the western outskirts of Richmond, 55 miles on I-64 from the intersection of 250/64 (near Comfort Inn, new MJH construction, and Milton Road) and 50 miles from Boyd's Tavern.

Heading west on 64 from Charlottesville is an open rest stop, but it is at mile marker 105, 2 miles past the Crozet exit and about 20 miles from the Comfort Inn zone.

I didn't map out all the closed rest stops, as there weren't others I saw right around here, but I guess it's possible that those would be good places to hide someone, especially if someone had inside access.

If she was planning to sell the other tickets it doesn't make any sense to go into the concert and then come back out again in order to meet someone, because by doing that she's having to use another ticket to get back in (this is presuming that she knows the 'no re-entry' rule, and I'm sure she did), a ticket that she maybe could have sold. Sorry, I've not put that very well. So, if she had sold them on the internet surely she would have arranged to meet the buyer(s) before going in. Unless, of course, the buyer(s) had contacted her and told her they would be late getting there, in which case there must be some evidence of this on her messages etc, and hopefully LE will have found it by now.

Just throwing this out there...

IF MH had extra tickets to sell...why wouldn't she have tried to sell them before she entered into the arena?

Why would she sit thru part of a concert and then just up and decide to go outside and try to sell extra tickets?

Perhaps she had pre-arranged a meeting and purchaser wasn't there yet, as it was two opening bands (though how it went bad if she was indeed alone between 8:48 and 9:30 still remains an issue on the selling tickets theory).

She (apparently) sat through some, most, or all of Lamb of God, but I don't think it's been revealed when MH and group arrived and whether the opening act Gojira was about to play, was playing, or had finished by then. If the first reported encounter is to be believed, she didn't know/care about the opening act(s).

Agree that the choice to leave right before Metallica went on seems strange, which makes me think it was a mistake, prompted by "needing air," confusion about smoking areas being inside, not understanding that bathrooms were inside, or wanting cell phone/text reception. Apparently, doors and tickets are rife with "no reentry privilege" mentions.

Also the little elapsed time between the time she exited (I thought I read, but may just be assuming, it was 8:30) and the time her friend (S?) called her makes me think it wasn't some grand intentional purpose she was heading out for. For whatever reason, she was out and couldn't get back in, and hadn't called her friends yet about this when they called, so she might have thought it would be resolved (and didn't want to own up to her mistake).

In fact, the route MH took after her failed attempts to get back in and reputedly saying *#!* off to a concertgoer and his girlfriend when he commented on her "Pantera" shirt seems to me to be in search of another ticket, some cash, some smokes, or a place to wait it out somewhere nicer than outside (e.g., a car, bar, restaurant, friend's place, or random campus party).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz