NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I think the autopsy would show if it was a one time thing or if she was abused sexually over and over.
Old wounds healing, new wounds not so much.
That kind of thing.

And if there are wound from Sexual Abuse that show she was abused over a period of time, that would pretty much mean they have the monster on correct charges. IMO

We can hope that those would be seen. But it had been almost a week, in an area with lots of other decomp and insect activity...
There's a chance that they might not be able to see anything that didn't go to the bone. We don't know how much of her was left.

Hip dysplasia and things like that would be signs, but not concrete proof.

Songline, I see above (#383) where Adtwah quoted you that you were asking about Desert Storm. That actually would have been in the early 1990's, I believe. Sorry if someone else already responded in this regard, or if I'm misunderstanding something. I'm just catching up & haven't located your original post yet, and also wasn't able to quote you *from* Adtwah's quote! Clear as mud? :)

Another thing that has been bothering me is the raid on the Wall St house in July. No one was charged, but police found manufacturing paraphenilia. Did they call DSS? AD had her 7 year old living with her at the time I presume, and Shaniya visiting off and on. Did nothing alarm the police enough in that house to call in DSS then? Was that place as bad as the trailer (it looks like it from the outside)?

In addition to that, in early police statements the giggly spokeswoman stated that DSS had been involved with the family and mentioned frequent changes of custody. But BL says he knows nothing about DSS involvement? How could he not know if it involved frequent changes of custody back and forth?

We can hope that those would be seen. But it had been almost a week, in an area with lots of other decomp and insect activity...
There's a chance that they might not be able to see anything that didn't go to the bone. We don't know how much of her was left.

Hip dysplasia and things like that would be signs, but not concrete proof.

See, I saw an interview with Dr. Perper (sp???) that said after a week of decomp, all things internal would be about the same. Not much decomp in body cavities w/in the first week. That's what he said.
I don't have a link, I just remember it FWIW.

And her hair can be tested for drugs and legnth of time she was on them. IMO

Another thing that has been bothering me is the raid on the Wall St house in July. No one was charged, but police found manufacturing paraphenilia. Did they call DSS? AD had her 7 year old living with her at the time I presume, and Shaniya visiting off and on. Did nothing alarm the police enough in that house to call in DSS then? Was that place as bad as the trailer (it looks like it from the outside)?

In addition to that, in early police statements the giggly spokeswoman stated that DSS had been involved with the family and mentioned frequent changes of custody. But BL says he knows nothing about DSS involvement? How could he not know if it involved frequent changes of custody back and forth?

I don't think they said for sure that the custody issues were about Shaniya.
Could have been the other children in the home IMO.

Oh, I think the autopsy would show if it was a one time thing or if she was abused sexually over and over.
Old wounds healing, new wounds not so much.
That kind of thing.

And if there are wounds from Sexual Abuse that show she was abused over a period of time, that would pretty much mean they have the monster on correct charges. IMO

ETA: Not to mention, they can tell what all drugs she was on and a lot of times they can tell how long she had been on them.

Kimberly, I hear what you are saying. I really do. But as of right now, all of that is "what if." I agree, IF the autopsy shows long term abuse they will open an investigation on that. IF they get a warrant to test AD's hair for drug use they will open an investigation on that.

All of that is "what if". As of right now, there is no official word that any of that happened. And honestly, for Shaniya's sake I hope NONE of it did.

Sorry if this was posted:

State to review DSS' contact with slain girl's family

Posted: Today at 5:01 p.m.

DSS looked at Davis with regard to her 7-year-old son, not Shaniya, according to her uncle, Michael Davis. The case was closed, and Antoinette Davis was able to retain custody of the boy, her uncle said.

DSS Director Brenda Jackson has declined to comment on the agency's involvement with the Davis family, citing the criminal investigation into Shaniya's death as well as confidentiality rules for child protective services cases.

The state plans to appoint a review team to investigate any DSS contact with the Davis family, and the team's findings will be turned over to the state Child Fatality Task Force. The task force studies all child deaths in North Carolina to make recommendations to legislators on changes to state laws and administrative polices to prevent future deaths.

"You just say, 'How in the world did this happen?' and 'How could it have gotten to this end place?' and 'We need to do better,'" said Tom Vitaglione, co-chairman of the task force.

Fifty-eight children in the state were homicide victims in 2008, according to advocacy group Action for Children North Carolina

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6482373/

I have a feeling you're right. Unfortunately, the DA needs proof of these things in order to charge someone. I don't think they have it. As of now, I haven't even seen any proof of a drug habit, other than Shaniya's sister's statement that AD smokes MJ and she "thinks" AD might have done coke. There's not a lot the DA can do with that.

So many things about AD that I still question. Apparently she had a job.
If she gave Shaniya to MAM, why no shoes or pants. Apparently it also bothered her that her hair was out. If she was trying to sell her for sex or *advertiser censored* pictures, why was not have Shaniya dolled up( or pulling a Croslin stunt?)
No drugs in trailer according to manager Barbara. On the door thingy, it could have been that type of lock, that locks the door upon closing. The odd timing of the 911 call. Shaniya still alive at that time according to LE, plus also same day BL is due back in town.
BTW, I thought she was charged with only one count of prostitution for Shaniya, not multiple. So little info released by LE.
Now I am waiting for the tomato throwing.

Kimberly, I hear what you are saying. I really do. But as of right now, all of that is "what if." I agree, IF the autopsy shows long term abuse they will open an investigation on that. IF they get a warrant to test AD's hair for drug use they will open an investigation on that.

All of that is "what if". As of right now, there is no official word that any of that happened. And honestly, for Shaniya's sake I hope NONE of it did.

I hear ya also, LOL.
I think this started because we were discussing "what if" momsters charges were reduced. I was simply stating why I don't think they will be.

I also hope none of it happened. That would be just wonderful. But, I think it did. Of course, that's JMO. :crazy:

maybe BL knew AD was pregnant,and figured she should parent Shaynia first before AD brings another child in the mix.IMO:waitasec:

Well I just had a light bulb moment !!!
Perhaps BL was just a little miffed she was pg .....thinking this woman can't take care of her baby girl by me ..and there she goes getting knocked up by someone else... Well we'll see how she likes this!! JMO

OOPs thats what you just said ...

Me, too. One thing that concerns me is that MAM told police he picked Shaniya up in front of the house and drove her to the hotel. My guess is that MAM is the one told police he did not kidnap Shaniya - that mom gave her or sold her to him. Which is why they charged her. The way I figure it, if anyone else knew AD was trafficking and prostituting Shaniya, that person or persons, would be in jail right along with her. So who told them? MAM.

It wouldn't surprise me to see reduced charges against AD in the coming days. Similar to arresting Coe based on an "eyewitness" and statements from AD. We all saw how that turned out.

Okay, this provokes questions in my mind. I'd like to see a picture of the back porch if anyone has one. If there were feces on the back porch and railing, I want to know if that is what was on the blanket they found in the trash. Same or different? Hate to sound gross but it is what it is. It would certainly indicate to me that she was in the back of the MH, not the front. He cleaned her up with the blanket as much as possible before putting her in the car. Who takes the time to do that if they're in the process of kidnapping?

Also, if AD DID actually gave permission for him to take her, that would be why she was on the back porch to begin with. I noticed she stated on the 911 call that she hadn't checked "in the back yet". Why? Because she knew she wasn't there but she knew that's where she was and knew of the mess on the back porch. Play dumb and maybe I don't have to explain?

Not likely he sets up a time at 5:30 in the morning to do this with permission. He was already there. If he took her to the hotel, why? If he admits this, why? What did he give as his reason? Why kill her if all he wanted was his kicks and AD knew about it?

In short, I think he was there all night. He took her because what he had been doing at the MH wasn't enough for him. He took her out in the wee hours of the morning and intended to kill her when he left. AD didn't realize this much. I don't think AD wanted to admit she knew this guy and he had stayed there the night that "Coe" wasn't there. Ad knew this yet, she threw Coe under the bus.

She didnt' want McNeil's presence to get out. Was that more important to her than finding Shaniya? I think she just figured she'd "turn up". There is one more adult in the MH that HAD to have known what was going on, possibly more than one. That's where I think we'll see more charges.

As far as if there was a 3rd party waiting at the hotel, I'm at a loss as to how to put that together but I'm sure LE already knows about that part of this case. We'll know eventually.

I could be way off here, but I'm leaning in this direction strongly.

Anytime children are present in a drug bust, etc., it's standard operating procedures for DSS to be called. They ensure children have no visable marks of abuse, check for food/formula/diapers etc. It's not a long investigation and they can't remove children because of living in poverty. If Shaniya wasn't at the house that day, she wouldn't be on their report.

IMO - When DSS said they had been involved with the family, I believe it was AD/son/Wall St. The custody changes back and forth was mentioned by the spokeswoman when Shaniya went missing. They probably got a taste of what we are finding - hard to figure out who, what, where in terms of Shaniya.

I saw the interview; I hope she's speaking with a grief counselor.

DSS Investigation - Haven't read about this yet. I've always thought there would be a concurrent DSS investigation of Shaniya's life and children of AD, BD, and AA

Not sure what you mean by no additional charges - If the charges for AD are lessened, means original theory wasn't correct or no supporting evidence. I'm not convinced yet of AD's direct involvement.

Why is that MAM was moved to Central and Mom is still in CCJ? I am not sure when her next court date is but if you are charged with a felony then you have to be indicted from a Grand Jury and the same with MAM. I am not so worried about MAM since his previous history. But AD DOES NOT have a record and that will go along ways. I just dont think they have any evidence against her the most will be felony child abuse this is JMO.

Sorry if this was posted:

State to review DSS' contact with slain girl's family

Posted: Today at 5:01 p.m.

...(snipped)...
"You just say, 'How in the world did this happen?' and 'How could it have gotten to this end place?' and 'We need to do better,'" said Tom Vitaglione, co-chairman of the task force.
...(snipped)...

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6482373/

BBM

Understatement of the year... :furious:

Oh, and I wonder how their little internal investigation will turn out? No fault of the state, I'm sure. :banghead:

Songline, I see above (#383) where Adtwah quoted you that you were asking about Desert Storm. That actually would have been in the early 1990's, I believe. Sorry if someone else already responded in this regard, or if I'm misunderstanding something. I'm just catching up & haven't located your original post yet, and also wasn't able to quote you *from* Adtwah's quote! Clear as mud? :)
Yes you are right but I bought it up in this context. supposedly he was there when Shaniya was born.
OK SD was born early 2004 so her mom got prg in spring of 2003...
Desert Storm begun mid year 2002 - when was he there if he also took care of her since she was 1 years of age that makes it 2005 is when he got her. WHEN WAS HE THERE? One does not go there for 6 months and comes home and goes back and forth...NO...they usually stay a couple of years at least.
Also supposedly he was there when his Wife was murdered...That cant be right either.... she was killed in 1998.

Why is that MAM was moved to Central and Mom is still in CCJ? I am not sure when her next court date is but if you are charged with a felony then you have to be indicted from a Grand Jury and the same with MAM. I am not so worried about MAM since his previous history. But AD DOES NOT have a record and that will go along ways. I just dont think they have any evidence against her the most will be felony child abuse this is JMO.

I think her next court date is Dec. 3rd

It certainly seems that BL felt some urgent need to resolve Shaniya's custody. I can't understand why he couldn't have allowed friends or family take care of Shaniya since they offered. There must have been some specific reason he wanted to give AD the chance "to be a mom", but I can't figure out what it is.

My bet is the new fiance didn't know he had a bi-racial child, nor children, and he didn't want her to find out.

If he let her stay with the friends or family, he would have been obligated to keep in contact with her and the fiance would eventually found out. If she was with AD....it was a done deal. He was rid of any trace/responsibilty to ever have contact with Shaniya.

I said in an earlier post today, I find it really strange to be dating someone for 8 months and now engaged, yet she never met any of his children nor family until now.

That last statement came from a friend of his posting on another board, so I know to take it with a grain of salt. But I believe him because he didn't bash BL and seems pretty straight up.

According to him, many were surprised to see he was engaged to a caucasion with his past history of being with AA women.

IMO, he was hiding his past from her and he had to get rid of Shaniya since she was the only one he was still wholly responsible for.

So many things about AD that I still question. Apparently she had a job.
If she gave Shaniya to MAM, why no shoes or pants. Apparently it also bothered her that her hair was out. If she was trying to sell her for sex or *advertiser censored* pictures, why was not have Shaniya dolled up( or pulling a Croslin stunt?)
No drugs in trailer according to manager Barbara. On the door thingy, it could have been that type of lock, that locks the door upon closing. The odd timing of the 911 call. Shaniya still alive at that time according to LE, plus also same day BL is due back in town.
BTW, I thought she was charged with only one count of prostitution for Shaniya, not multiple. So little info released by LE.
Now I am waiting for the tomato throwing.

No tomatoes here. I agree with you. This case, as it stands now, does not fit together, starting with the conflicting charges against AD and MAM. Police charged AD with trafficking Shaniya while at the same time charging MAM with kidnapping her. You can't have it both ways.

Do we know for a fact there is a fiance?

I've seen the fact that shes white and young mentioned several times.

Can someone please tell me if I missed a picture of her. I'd like to see her.

Yes you are right but I bought it up in this context. supposedly he was there when Shaniya was born. OK SD was born early 2004 so her mom got prg in spring of 2003...
Desert Storm begun mid year 2002 when was he there if he also took care of her since she was 1 years of age that makes it 2005 WHEN WAS HE THERE?
Also supposedly he was there when his Wif was murdered...That cant be right either.... she was killed in 1998.

Hmmm... are you sure he was in Desert Storm? If so, that was early 1990s. :waitasec: Just wondering if that was mentioned somewhere - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin