WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this were a serial killer type thing, I think we'd know about it by now... Either, by another murder or rape of some sort. Or, by LE or the WW warning the public. I think LE has had their eye on someone since the very beginning, and it might be someone we might all be very surprised with. Perhaps it is why this whole thing is taking so flippin' long? What if it's WC? Or RC? LE will definitely need all the evidence they can get their hands on to get a conviction, especially if it's someone very close to Mackenzie. Let's hope this thing gets done with soon!

Just my opinion/speculation.

I certainly hope LE is right about this. I do think about it, though, when I'm out and about! I lock my car doors when I get in and I watch people........and wonder.

What concerns me is that on several instances the media has reported the LE firm statement that the parking lot video is the last known pictures of MC alive. Why would they make that statement? They could very easily stated that we have over videos of MC at other locations that are under review and not available for public release. Very frustrating.

Well.......could be that what the BF said is a lie. If she WAS there, Target has camera's and LE should have those videos. We just don't know. :banghead:

In fact, the threads have many posts from people whose kids went to school with MC and what the "scuttlebutt" is. It's all rumors.

A kid from the HS, told his/her parent, who told another adult....who told me:

MC was shot once in the leg. She had a bag on her head. A gang from Tacoma did it.

So the above statement is a third time repeated rumor. Maybe it is true, maybe it is not.

I would be so frightened if I lived in that area! With all the investigating going on, the killer(s) can't be feeling very calm, either. That's not a good thing!
snipped
I live in Ontario, near where Russell Williams lived. I actually do my shopping in Trenton, where he worked... while Jessica Lloyd was missing, I can tell you I barely slept a wink, and when I did I had nothing but nightmares. I couldn't check my locks enough times before bed, and made sure my cellphone was right beside me. I am alone during the week - with my significant other working up north and only home on weekends - I was so relieved when they captured that predator!
:(

Not only do I live in this area, but alone and about 2 miles from spec house and WC's house. I sleep with a gun next to my bed.

I worked in Bellingham when Ken Bianchi was doing his killing there. Someone stole my purse and he was the security guard that I had to report it to. At that time they were still looking for the killer and had no idea it was him! My boss said later she thought he stole it to get my address off my ID.

Very scary indeed.

Not only do I live in this area, but alone and about 2 miles from spec house and WC's house. I sleep with a gun next to my bed.

I worked in Bellingham when Ken Bianchi was doing his killing there. Someone stole my purse and he was the security guard that I had to report it to. At that time they were still looking for the killer and had no idea it was him! My boss said later she thought he stole it to get my address off my ID.

Very scary indeed.

YIKES!!!!:eek:

One of the previous posts stated that life has apparently returned to normal since ppl believe that the crime was directed solely at MC. The only way I know to get public officials attention and release information and act...is for the local public to pressure their elected officials for results.

A kid from the HS, told his/her parent, who told another adult....who told me:

MC was shot once in the leg. She had a bag on her head. A gang from Tacoma did it.

So the above statement is a third time repeated rumor. Maybe it is true, maybe it is not.

I don't think she was shot, and have very good reason to not think so- based on businesses LE has visited and what they have looked for. If they were looking for a particular gun sale (common in shootings) I would have known about it.

respectfully snipped:
How did they see her body to report the condition it was in? Did they sift thru the brush? I would never do that! I seriously doubt LE would allow anyone, even the finder/s, to remain on the beach once they arrived..Is it possible they were standing up on the CB yard looking down? If so, LE should not have allowed that either..imho

I have spoken to some CB residents who were there the weekend MC's body was found. I have been told (secondhand) that MC was found lying on the beach down from the embankment with her feet, aiming west, IN the river. The people who found her had noticed her (in disbelief) from a distance while walking up the beach. The water level was down more than usual that morning (as shown on the news video) and therefore their initial intent was to "walk along the river." FYI-Just past the house and around the bend there is no access due to a rock wall and the beach ends.

It is true that access to the "beach" is very difficult from the house and driveway. As Del Rio has indicated, there is a large degree of vegetation and a steep embankment, between the driveway and to the water. IMO-If they dragged/rolled her around the vegetation, to the right, down to the beach and lastly to where she was placed, it would be a rough task and very tough to do. Not sure if LE or perp made the recent clearing from the driveway to the beach/body locale. Not sure of the exact yardage from the driveway to MC.

I do not know how much the water level fluctuated between Tuesday, when she disappeared, and 12:45 pm Saturday when she was found. Their first impression was that she had floated down river.

I do not know anything about investigations at the CB house following since 2/13, other than rumors there have not been a lot of LE back to the house or property. Most of the people I know there come and go on the weekends, however according to the people who live and work down there, there hasn't been much presence since the first week or two.

RE: LE and the day she was found-My source told me that there was a degree of confusion because of the county line issue. Initially Grant County police were called, then they realized she was actually over on Douglas County. The FBI was called in for standard review of "profiling" (wouldn't that be serial-type killers?) but left shortly after and from what I can gather from WW and WS, are not really involved any longer.

Clearly we all want justice for MC and the killer to be found, especially those of us with close ties to Wenatchee and CB. I am frustated too that LE has not given any more information and frankly shocked that one or both parents have not made any pleas. My speculation is that their "gag order" is a sign of potential incrimination or for fear of their own safety.

JIMHO.

I don't think she was shot, and have very good reason to not think so- based on businesses LE has visited and what they have looked for. If they were looking for a particular gun sale (common in shootings) I would have known about it.

Wasn't there a RUMOR in a previous thread that someone said that she was shot in the leg with maybe a nail gun or some tool like that?

momonthego- You have some very important information, thank you for sharing!

I have some questions for you, if you don't mind. According to your source, did it look like the killer wanted to hide MC, or that they wanted her out in the open to be found? When they say they thought she washed up on shore, and you say that bringing her body down to that spot would be a rough task, do you think her body was brought there by boat?

I'd love to hear what your theories are on who did this and when/how they brought her body there.

Thanks! :)

Does anyone recall the day that WC went to the search scene for the older gentleman that was missing? I cannot remember if that was rumor.....what did she do or say?

I asked my friend whose husband was one of the snowmobile searchers if this was true. She said he did not mention anything about this to her (and he's a talker...she said she would ask specifically though), but he did go up later in the day on one of the days. It is possible that she did it earlier in the day. After asking her this, I am taking that one as a rumor.

lbpom63- Do you have any information for us today? I'm anxious to hear how it went and what you dug up when you saw JF's roommate today!

Has it been posted on WS that the utensil that was used on MC (maybe to dismeber?) was a sheetrock knife? I heard this as rumor- I can't remember where.

For the fellow WSers on here that visit other cases, is it common for family to be on here helping with information? Or ATLEAST thanking people for their time and energy?

For my last post (50th) I wrote a 3 paragraph reply, and of course when I pushed send I got booted off! Ggrr! Although I do not have time to re-do it, I'd like to leave you tonight with a couple more final thoughts.

I have been thinking in depth about LE's behavior on this case. In considering the "gang" angle, I have a hard time believing that LE would approach that with the "SILENCE is GOLDEN" philosophy, due to the fact that the more pressure LE put on through the media, the better the result would be in getting kids to "roll over" on eachother. Afterall, if it was gang afiliated, with this much time that as passed, surely there would have been talking by now. And most likely an arrest. It is my LIMITED understanding that gang members do things like this for the bragging rights, afterall. LE's approach does not point my mind to gang, but rather to someone much different.

Due to the silence on the part of the family and LE, I would profile the killer(s) more like this; potentially smart, probably computer savvy, construction related on SOME level, older, of a higher socio-economic strata, and AGAIN, someone VERY,VERY close. I also think think that the forensics/DNA may pose a problem for LE because of the close relation to MC.

Finally, I would like to thank all the WSers for dedicating their time and energy to MC; as I know most of us have families. Even in this horrible time, it warms my heart to know there are such wonderful people out there still. All I can say is IF I WERE MC'S FAMILY, I WOULD BE THANKING THE HIGH HEAVENS FOR ALL OF YOU! Sometimes it feels like we are her family. Fighting for her cause. Loving eachother, even with differing opinions. Amicabley agreeing to disagree at times. And most of all, not stopping until we bring the killer(s) to justice.

May God bless all of you who have contributed.......

respectfully snipped:
How did they see her body to report the condition it was in? Did they sift thru the brush? I would never do that! I seriously doubt LE would allow anyone, even the finder/s, to remain on the beach once they arrived..Is it possible they were standing up on the CB yard looking down? If so, LE should not have allowed that either..imho

I have spoken to some CB residents who were there the weekend MC's body was found. I have been told (secondhand) that Mackenzie was found lying on the beach down from the embankment with her feet, aiming west, IN the river. The people who found her had noticed her (in disbelief) from a distance while walking up the beach. The water level was down more than usual that morning (as shown on the news video) and therefore their initial intent was to "walk along the river." FYI-Just past the house and around the bend there is no access due to a rock wall and the beach ends.

It is true that access to the "beach" is very difficult from the house and driveway. As Del Rio has indicated, there is a large degree of vegetation and a steep embankment, between the driveway and to the water. IMO-If they dragged/rolled her around the vegetation, to the right, down to the beach and lastly to where she was placed, it would be a rough task and very tough to do. Not sure if LE or perp made the recent clearing from the driveway to the beach/body locale.

I do not know how much the water level fluctuated between Tuesday, when she disappeared, and 12:45 pm Saturday when she was found. Their first impression was that she had floated down river.

I do not know anything about investigations at the CB house following since 2/13, other than rumors there have not been a lot of LE back to the house or property. Most of the people I know there come and go on the weekends, however according to the people who live and work down there, there hasn't been much presence since the first week or two.

RE: LE and the day she was found-My source told me that there was a degree of confusion because of the county line issue. Initially Grant County police were called, then they realized she was actually over on Douglas County. The FBI was called in for standard review of "profiling" (wouldn't that be serial-type killers?) but left shortly after and from what I can gather from WW and WS, are not really involved any longer.

Clearly we all want justice for MC and the killer to be found, especially those of us with close ties to Wenatchee and CB. I am frustated too that LE has not given any more information and frankly shocked that one or both parents have not made any pleas. My speculation is that their "gag order" is a sign of potential incrimination or for fear of their own safety.

JIMHO.

Because the FBI is on-scene doesn't mean that there are a handful of agents with tons of resources available. There is an agent assigned to Wenatchee area - Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan and Grant counties. The agent's reputation is fair.. some say he was assigned here from elsewhere for some professional reason. This one agent may have multiple resources available for this case - who knows. Maybe the FBI assignments here have changed in the past year....? Anyone know for sure?

Wasn't there a RUMOR in a previous thread that someone said that she was shot in the leg with maybe a nail gun or some tool like that?

That was all just speculation. Nobody knows if she had a gsw in the leg or not. That is a rumor. The nail gun thing was just wondering out loud. I think everyone's thoughts on the rumored "construction tool" is possibly a sheet rock knife type tool. speculation

I still think it is a girl or a group of girls, a woman maybe......this seems like a crime that would be committed by a jealous female. I think I remember reading on here that someone said the girlfriend of the Tacoma guy had been cleared by the police but I am not sure about that. I will not be surprised at all if it is a gang of girls that did this.

I am glad that folks feel another possibility other than JF, just in case ya know... So much on JF and just want the REAL perp/s behind bars

respectfully snipped
Finally, I would like to thank all the WSers for dedicating their time and energy to MC; as I know most of us have families. Even in this horrible time, it warms my heart to know there are such wonderful people out there still. All I can say is IF I WERE MC'S FAMILY, I WOULD BE THANKING THE HIGH HEAVENS FOR ALL OF YOU! Sometimes it feels like we are her family. Fighting for her cause. Loving eachother, even with differing opinions. Amicabley agreeing to disagree at times. And most of all, not stopping until we bring the killer(s) to justice.

May God bless all of you who have contributed.......

I would like to thank you, too, for your time dedicated. I agree that we are the ones fighting for her and making sure she won't be forgotten. Everyone deserves to have an advocate, and we are that for MC. I am so inspired by all of you.

I do feel like I, personally, have become a little obsessed with this case from the beginning. Every day, I spend a lot of time on this site, hoping for new information, anything, that can help put the pieces to this puzzle together. It gets frustrating at times, when we aren't hearing anything new, but we won't give up. Although she is no longer with us, I wholeheartedly think that she will not rest in peace until this is solved. We will keep her voice alive. :balloons:

momonthego- You have some very important information, thank you for sharing!

I have some questions for you, if you don't mind. According to your source, did it look like the killer wanted to hide MC, or that they wanted her out in the open to be found? When they say they thought she washed up on shore, and you say that bringing her body down to that spot would be a rough task, do you think her body was brought there by boat?

I'd love to hear what your theories are on who did this and when/how they brought her body there.

Thanks! :)

I honestly have no theories on who did this-just trying to connect those dots like the rest of us. As a novice sleuther, I might think it is someone close to her, this with the little known evidence (and lack of). I also think it must be someone who knew that house/property, it's privacy and it's vacancy. Is that vague enough??!!

To answer your questions, it sounded as though she was out in the open, just lying on the beach (visible) and not hidden in the brush. I mentioned the water level due to the idea that if she was brought to CB (by land) earlier in the week, and the water level had been up, then maybe she was concealed more and closer to the brush. Do I think she could have been killed there or on the beach? Sure.

In an earlier post, I brought up the idea of a boat - thinking there might be some connection to the boat ramp at Orondo. (Yes, I know about the dam and the improbability). Could she have been brought to CB by boat? Sure, however, once again, it would depend on the water level because it is pretty shallow around most of the CB beaches and difficult to "beach" a boat in that area (hence all of the buoys). And other than CB itself, I don't know of any other boat ramps in the area.

:twocents:

lbpom63- Do you have any information for us today? I'm anxious to hear how it went and what you dug up when you saw JF's roommate today!

I could be wrong, but I thought lbpom was in communication with a friend of hers, who was a former employee of JF. I don't remember it being JF's roommate.

Another member is/was communicating with JV's brother's roommate though, from my recollection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa