WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
What county? I think you may have the wrong SB.
I deleted the comment because I agreed with you that I had the wrong SB. This is the '"right one, IMO:
http://www.myspace.com/fuzzymunkynuttz. Interesting only because of being a member of the 884 family, that has been said by LE to have No "obvious" connection to MC or any events relating to her. , and, also, because 884 is said to be employed by the same retail store JV is. As one who does not believe in coincidences, I still have questions about who dialed that number and for what reason The post by ImaMom2 on this page, is a must read, I think, for its keen reasoning and plausible theories.

To me, MC's murder was, clearly, a hit; a carefully planned, deliberate, series of acts with one goal; MC's death. I think everything that happened to MC, happened for a specific purpose; even the injuries done to accomplish the murder were
IMO, significant to the perp(s)both in the nature of the injury and its bodily location.
Who had the rage and motivation to plan and carry out such a monstrous murder?
I cannot think of any sufficient reason someone would do this.Who had reason to feel such rage toward a girl, who, from all we know, was genuinely a good, caring, responsible person who was doing well in all aspects of her life and was beautiful, talented, and accomplished.

There are other area codes in Washington State that have 884 and 881 in phone numbers.

When I save a local number, if I did not save it with the area code this causes a problem when attempting to dial the number outside of that area. Could MC have recorded the number without the area code and was trying to reach someone she met?

If I am not mistaken 884 is also in Gig Harbor and 881 is also in Olympia. Maybe the killer is not from our area.

I believe that we were working on a theory that MC was meeting someone from Tacoma.

If I am not mistaken 884 is also in Gig Harbor and 881 is also in Olympia. Maybe the killer is not from our area.

I believe that we were working on a theory that MC was meeting someone from Tacoma.

IMHO that is unlikely. MC was living in an area of Washington with basically one area code; any long distance outside of eastern Washington would have required the area code prefix.

Also:
360-884 is Longview (near Kelso)
360-881 is Kingston (upper Puget Sound)
253-884 is on Herron Island
253-881 is Puyallup

None of these are Tacoma exchanges, or particularly close to Tacoma.

425 is going to be the Eastside and 206 is going to be Seattle.

For future reference, Area-Codes.com lets you get a city by area code and prefix. Like so:
http://www.area-codes.com/exchange/exchange.asp?npa=360&nxx=881

After reviewing MC's phone tower-hits records LE reported MC's phone, and they believe MC, too, was at the Riverfront Park boat ramp. Of course, the report could have been a ploy, inaccurate or neither.

If the report is accurate regarding the phone but it was not in MC's possession then someone from the Academy would had to have left the Academy and traveled to the boat ramp relatively soon after MC had left. Of course, we'd have to assume MC had her phone when she arrived to the Academy earlier that day.

At this point, we do not know if MC even had her phone with her that day ... as LE reports, no other calls were placed from the phone except for a text message exchange between it and JV's phone ~ 3:40 p.m.

For how long did MC not have her phone?

If someone from the hair academy did take her phone prior to her leaving they would have had plenty of time to go to the boat launch, but I suspect that in a well scripted murder as this obviously is, that the phone was picked up from the hair academy by a "client" that day, by the POI, or perhaps by the person who received the 6 calls. I further suspect that there is no connection between the person who received the call and MC, but rather that IF there is a connection that it is between the person who received the call and the one who used MCs phone to place it.

Alternately, maybe the phone was taken the night before by whomever she hung out with or loaned out. Under this scenario, the person would have called to have her come pick up her phone, e.g., the boyfriend, so she runs out for a quick errand to reclaim it. Under this scenario she either receives a call at the academy or someone else does, or claims to have, and the plan is started in motion.

This would include for a badly beaten, or expired MC's body to still be in her vehicle when it was driven to and through the car wash. Possible but highly unlikely if it was the JetPro car wash since it has multiple attendants. Crazy risk, that.[/COLOR]

Or, it would include for MC's body to be transfered between vehicles. Possible, but who would risk such a move in what we'd expect to be an at least mildly to moderately busy parking lot with surveillance cameras?

If this took place at perp's place of employment he may have known where the gaps were in security visuals. As for the carwash, the body would have been transferred to another car or location by then. The transfer would not have to have taken place in the parking lot.

Why would it be important for the perp(s) to portray that MC was still alive at those times? Alibis for whom/who?

The calls -- from a phone that the perp and/or others knew would never be found with fingerprints -- were either signals that the plan was in motion (if more than one person was involved) and/or when placed from obscure locations away from the crime scene or to people with no obvious connection to MC also served as LE distractions.

Not that I believe that this crime was conducted by one person, but it just dawned on me that the missing phone could involve just one person IF the phone was taken the night before, or loaned out, and in the possession of the perp the day MC went missing. Furthermore, if the perp were the boyfriend, the perp could actually have placed the text message from the boat launch from MCs phone to his phone which he left behind providing him an alibi and then texted back to her phone after he returned to his phone. Might this be one explanation for her phone being off? That is, if both phones were "on" at the same time that they would be seen "pinging" from the same location? Of course, that's the reason that the phone was "off" regardless of who committed the crime, but it would be more apparent to LE if someone who knew MC or was close to MC had a phone "pinging" from the same location. Just a thought that occurred to me. Has LE said where MCs phone was pinging from earlier in the day? Or whether it had been turned off?

[/COLOR]Where was 'everyone' when those calls and txt msgs were placed (supposedly by MC)?

That is the question.

According to the WW it was stated " This number was unique in that she did call it several times that day" Or did they let it slip and meant it was called ( the no.) several times during the day plus the 6 times. Just wondering . Depends on the wording and how's it is taken.

According to the WW it was stated " This number was unique in that she did call it several times that day" Did they mean the 6 times? Or did they let it slip and meant it was called ( the no.) several times during the day . Just wondering .

I wonder if someone sneaked MC's phone from her purse and changed the phone number on one of the address book or speed dial entries?

Was it habit for MC to call the same person(s) each day?

I wonder if someone sneaked MC's phone from her purse and changed the phone number on one of the address book or speed dial entries?

Was it habit for MC to call the same person(s) each day?

The way kids are today, they need the phone to get the number. The days of remembering important phone numbers is gone. If the number had been changed she most likely would not have noticed.

If someone was jealous of MC and another guy, they could have taken her phone and changed the saved number to a new number. Maybe even a number they knew.

IMHO that is unlikely. MC was living in an area of Washington with basically one area code; any long distance outside of eastern Washington would have required the area code prefix.

Also:
360-884 is Longview (near Kelso)
360-881 is Kingston (upper Puget Sound)
253-884 is on Herron Island
253-881 is Puyallup

None of these are Tacoma exchanges, or particularly close to Tacoma.

425 is going to be the Eastside and 206 is going to be Seattle.

For future reference, Area-Codes.com lets you get a city by area code and prefix. Like so:
http://www.area-codes.com/exchange/exchange.asp?npa=360&nxx=881

Just for arguments sake..... Puyallup is adjacent to Tacoma :)

Just for arguments sake..... Puyallup is adjacent to Tacoma :)

What I was thinking is someone gave her the number online and when she put it in her phone, she left the 509 off of the number. Maybe she did not even talk with this individual on her phone before that day?

I find it very strange that not one person close to MC knew anything about the 884/881 number or who she may have been trying to contact. I feel that the police know who did this and are hoping that this individual slips up. (At least I hope they have a POI)

What's seems strange too is that if LE was doing their job correctly, wouldn't they have came across the fact that JV & SB worked together at Target, and then put the phone # together that way. I'm perplexed why they say no apparent connection when Wen residents have said the two work together.

I have one more thing to say, but am hesitant because I don't like saying things about people w/out knowing them, but what if MC picked up JV somewhere (car wash), and he called SB who he worked with, and then something happened from there. What I don't know. Also, if this did happen, then maybe either JV or SB texted MC's phone. See what I'm thinking is by one of them texting MC's phone and one of them calling the others home phone.....what happens...they both have alibis.. IDK just a thought I had :waitasec:

To me, MC's murder was, clearly, a hit; a carefully planned, deliberate, series of acts with one goal; MC's death. I think everything that happened to MC, happened for a specific purpose; even the injuries done to accomplish the murder were
IMO, significant to the perp(s)both in the nature of the injury and its bodily location.
Who had the rage and motivation to plan and carry out such a monstrous murder?
I cannot think of any sufficient reason someone would do this.Who had reason to feel such rage toward a girl, who, from all we know, was genuinely a good, caring, responsible person who was doing well in all aspects of her life and was beautiful, talented, and accomplished.

Hi B Buzz, The immediate thought of who had the rage and motivation to kill her in such a vicious way would be someone she had rebuffed IMO. I think scorn can turn into such a rage. And some of that rage could be the way she rebuffed him, either if she got very angry with him or made him feel like he was a 'nothing'.

What I was thinking is someone gave her the number online and when she put it in her phone, she left the 509 off of the number. Maybe she did not even talk with this individual on her phone before that day?

She wouldn't expect to be able to call Tacoma without an area code.

This is just a rumor; however, I heard it right after MC was found. I heard from someone with a LE connection that there is a second video of MC's car. They said that the video shows someone other than MC driving the car. I was give the impression that they knew who this person was, that is why I am surprised that this case is taking so long. Maybe the individual in MC's car had a good excuse to be in the car and they are trying to collect evidence that would connect him to the body?

I was thinking. What about changing the first numbers around and leaving the 1122. I am not familiar with WA phone numbers, but I would think there has to be more options then 88(1,2,3,4....). Maybe someone local would know?

ETA: Numbers are listed for both 662 and 664 from what I can tell. I also think she likely only dialed once and then hit redial for the remainder of the calls. Thats alot of calls in a short time interval...

What if the six times she called that number WAS intentional. Meaning 6 times was some "code" for a time...place.. ect. Maybe it held more significant meaning to the killer/killers to set their plan in motion. IDK just something I just thought.

Maybe she thought that because it was a cell number she did not need a area code? Only MC knows.

Er, I still need to dial an area code when I have a cell phone :waitasec:

I was thinking. What about changing the first numbers around and leaving the 1122. I am not familiar with WA phone numbers, but I would think there has to be more options then 88(1,2,3,4....). Maybe someone local would know?

ETA: Numbers are listed for both 662 and 664 from what I can tell. I also think she likely only dialed once and then hit redial for the remainder of the calls. Thats alot of calls in a short time interval...

You can go to area-codes.com and put in the area code + exchange to see where the number would resolve to. It also tells you if it's wireless or not.

I think the police checked out the variants of the prefix and cleared them already.

Anyway:
882 is in Grandview, between Yakima and the Tricities.
883, 884, 885, 886, 888 are all East Wenatchee.
887 is Endicott and Benge, far Eastern Washington.
889 is wireless in Spokane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member