WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was thinking is someone gave her the number online and when she put it in her phone, she left the 509 off of the number. Maybe she did not even talk with this individual on her phone before that day?

I would not expect a 17 yr old to be familiar with '7-digit' dialing.

Hi B Buzz, The immediate thought of who had the rage and motivation to kill her in such a vicious way would be someone she had rebuffed IMO. I think scorn can turn into such a rage. And some of that rage could be the way she rebuffed him, either if she got very angry with him or made him feel like he was a 'nothing'.

I am thinking along those same lines, Scandi. And further, if the perpetrator was mentally/emotionally disturbed enough (and IMO you can’t do what was done to MC WITHOUT being very seriously disturbed), the rebuff would not have had to have been real. MC may have had no clue that someone felt scorned by her. I think you’re right…feeling like a nobody or not good enough can be a major trigger, and some people don’t need any actual input from others to feel that way.

It could have been a version of the disconnect that seems to operate with some celebrity stalkers who are positive they should/do have a relationship with the object of their affections and are sometimes capable of doing great violence to their target. Could the perp have been someone who was never going to have a serious chance with MC for whatever reason and kind of knew it (he was not her type, she was taken, she thought of him like a brother, something seemed a little “off” about him, etc., etc.)---and he reacted because the reality around him didn’t jive with the “reality” in his mind?

Something needs to account for the insane violence. Maybe girls, but I lean more toward a sick male who broke with reality, and maybe had a second person help later with logistics. moo

I would not expect a 17 yr old to be familiar with '7-digit' dialing.

LOL... my hometown was so small, we didn't have 7-digit dialing until I was nearly 15. We had FIVE-digit dialing; last number of the prefix, and last four numbers.

Can you imagine?

Anyway, here's my two cents about the phone number:

1. It's entirely possibly that she was putting into her phone's address book a number for a different area code, but entered 509 out of habit. I think this possibility is why it's so important for LE to recover her phone - to be able to read her address book and see if that particular number was dialed by being keyed in, or if it was entered under an address entry.

I wonder if MC's phone plan had a backup address book plan? I know people who have that through Verizon, and if their phone gets wiped for some reason, they can retrieve and download the numbers via (satellite?) some system that beams the numbers to the phone (I think? I have a smartphone, and it's not available for smartphones because they should be backed up to computer desktop.).

2. Earlier someone (sorry, forgot who) said, in regard to SB, something to the effect of it would be strange for MC to be calling him at home (if she was, in fact, calling him), when a 20-year old working man would likely have a cell phone. (Sorry if I completely butchered that; doing from memory.)

By the same token, I'd find it strange that a 20-year old working man would be living at home with his parents, as well as directing personal calls to the family landline.

Does anyone know that SB actually lives at the address of that landline?

Some thoughts on all of this.

Many threads ago it was posted that WC allowed MC to have “sleep overs” with her BF at the spec home on Ridgeview. WC had told co-workers that MC would walk down to the spec home from the WC home and watch DVD’s with her BF all night.

Some questioned that and indeed JV had apparently told one Web Sleuther that he had never been to the spec home and to his knowledge neither had MC and he had never heard of having sleep overs or watching DVD there.

A few post ago someone else posted that they had a friend tour the home with a realtor and in the spec home there was one wide screen TV, and a DVD and other electronic equipment stashed in a closet. In addition, there was the brace for a wall mount TV with no TV on it.

Is the mysterious 6 call phone number indeed is connected to a co-worker of JV.

LE had interrogated a server at a 24 hr restaurant a few blocks north of where JV worked on the night MC disappeared. Apparently, due to the fact, she had a vehicle that closely matches JV and they were verifying his location and actions.

Someone on a Seattle site had posted the boyfriends co-worker did it.

A text was sent from the boat launch to JV

Is it possible that JV had learned that MC was seeing someone else and having DVD watching sleep overs at the spec home? He snapped and conspired with a coworker to kill MC and the co-worker agreed because he felt that MC was not good enough for JV.

All just speculation

What's seems strange too is that if LE was doing their job correctly, wouldn't they have came across the fact that JV & SB worked together at Target, and then put the phone # together that way. I'm perplexed why they say no apparent connection when Wen residents have said the two work together.

I have one more thing to say, but am hesitant because I don't like saying things about people w/out knowing them, but what if MC picked up JV somewhere (car wash), and he called SB who he worked with, and then something happened from there. What I don't know. Also, if this did happen, then maybe either JV or SB texted MC's phone. See what I'm thinking is by one of them texting MC's phone and one of them calling the others home phone.....what happens...they both have alibis.. IDK just a thought I had :waitasec:
Could it be possible that the J on the "M+J" referred to a different man/boyfriend than JV? http://www.myspace.cThekenzilovesthegangstersThe "kenzielovesthegangsters" has been removed somehow from the top of the picture where it was, originally, in bold lettering; but remains in the URL address. Curious

This is just a rumor; however, I heard it right after MC was found. I heard from someone with a LE connection that there is a second video of MC's car. They said that the video shows someone other than MC driving the car. I was give the impression that they knew who this person was, that is why I am surprised that this case is taking so long. Maybe the individual in MC's car had a good excuse to be in the car and they are trying to collect evidence that would connect him to the body?

I wonder if the guy rumored to be driving MC's car is the same guy rumored to be at the car wash?:waitasec:

Some thoughts on all of this.

Is it possible that JV had learned that MC was seeing someone else and having DVD watching sleep overs at the spec home? He snapped and conspired with a coworker to kill MC and the co-worker agreed because he felt that MC was not good enough for JV.

All just speculation

I don't feel like JV was involved with the murder.

There has to be an explanation for the six phone calls from MC's phone, to the B's home. I want to know why LE said there is no connection between MC and the B's. So maybe the B kid knows something, even though LE seems to think not.

The above is my speculation...not rumor, nor fact.

I don't feel like JV was involved with the murder.

There has to be an explanation for the six phone calls from MC's phone, to the B's home. I want to know why LE said there is no connection between MC and the B's. So maybe the B kid knows something, even though LE seems to think not.

The above is my speculation...not rumor, nor fact.

Maybe they questioned him, (which I would assume they would have done), and discovered he had no connection. I find it odd she was dialing that number, and the only explanation that I can think of (if he wasn't involved) is that she dialed the wrong number and kept hitting redial. Since nobody answered, she wouldn't have been able to determine if it was the wrong number or not.

If I am not mistaken 884 is also in Gig Harbor and 881 is also in Olympia. Maybe the killer is not from our area.

I believe that we were working on a theory that MC was meeting someone from Tacoma.

884 is for Lakebay, just past Gig Harbor.. same basic area.. about 25 mins from Tacoma.
I just saw another post that had Herron Island listed.. not sure about that but my grandmother and uncle have lived in Lakebay forever and both have 884 numbers..

Also, MC could have easily overlooked entering the area code. My phone # is still a Wenatchee number but I am in another state. Sometimes I forget to enter the right area code when dialing and call the same number is a different region. If she meant to call a 253-884# and instead dialed 884, it would have went to 509-884... Right?

FYI, the 253-884-xxxx number doesn't go to anyone of interest. It's a number in Gig Harbor.

Was MC definitely the one dialing this number so many times? Do we know? It sounds like someone was panicking.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents in on the phone # thing. I have several nieces and nephews and they almost always save a number in their contact list. I don't think that MC would have called a # 6 times if she didn't "know" them. That is JMO. However, I know that JV has become less of a POI from the postings I have read, but...and I say this lightly because I don't like making someone feel responsible for something they didn't do.., but I keep coming back to it being someone who MC KNEW. Now hopefully if JV wasn't involved he can help LE and shed some light onto things. I also believe, and this is JMO that her phone is missing for a reason. I know we all probably think this. I have went back and forth with many scenarios, and have thought that it was planned. But, I think that what the perp didn't think about was that there are so many ways to track info..ie phone stuff. I have been on several jury trials, and it is very shocking... to say the least.. at what info you don't get to hear or see when you are on a trial. For this reason, I believe that LE isn't releasing everything they know, and I can't say as I blame them. I just hope that whoever did this is held accountable. Such a waste of a beautiful life, and from what I've read, a nice girl.

LOL... my hometown was so small, we didn't have 7-digit dialing until I was nearly 15. We had FIVE-digit dialing; last number of the prefix, and last four numbers.

Can you imagine?

Anyway, here's my two cents about the phone number:

1. It's entirely possibly that she was putting into her phone's address book a number for a different area code, but entered 509 out of habit. I think this possibility is why it's so important for LE to recover her phone - to be able to read her address book and see if that particular number was dialed by being keyed in, or if it was entered under an address entry.

I wonder if MC's phone plan had a backup address book plan? I know people who have that through Verizon, and if their phone gets wiped for some reason, they can retrieve and download the numbers via (satellite?) some system that beams the numbers to the phone (I think? I have a smartphone, and it's not available for smartphones because they should be backed up to computer desktop.).

2. Earlier someone (sorry, forgot who) said, in regard to SB, something to the effect of it would be strange for MC to be calling him at home (if she was, in fact, calling him), when a 20-year old working man would likely have a cell phone. (Sorry if I completely butchered that; doing from memory.)

By the same token, I'd find it strange that a 20-year old working man would be living at home with his parents, as well as directing personal calls to the family landline.

Does anyone know that SB actually lives at the address of that landline?

Her phone was pretty new. I wonder if her address book is still retrievable from her previous cell phone. That may help. I know when I get a new phone, they just copy my old address book by using some machine at verizon. If they charge up her previous phone, maybe it would have her address book on it.

Does anyone know if MC was left or right handed?

MC is rt handed. Is known to text & drive. Dials w/o looking and dial repeatedly. Her phone was not all that new, well used and had a tendency to malfunction on occasion (display - manufacturing issue). On Verizon phone you only need dial once then continue to press send to re-dial. IMO this is much ado about nothing. :twocents:

If MC was trying to dial the 884 number she reached or misdialed 881 number, no big deal; except for the fact that the individual at the other end of the phone line lied about their relationship with MC either directly or inadvertently by not contacting LE.

By knowing that she would have used her right hand, you might be able to figure out what number she was most likely trying to dial. This could lead is not directly, in directly to the murder or at the very least additional information that could lead to an arrest.

I am sure that LE has tried several number combinations; however, it never hurts to think outside the box, especially in this case.

If MC was trying to dial the 884 number she reached or misdialed 881 number, no big deal; except for the fact that the individual at the other end of the phone line lied about their relationship with MC either directly or inadvertently by not contacting LE.

Pardon? I believe that nobody ever answered the 884 number, how would they know she called? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa