Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My posts in third color ;)

From tarabulls post #245 above. My comments below in red.

Beth's iPhone CAN NOT be found, triangulated, pinged, period...it is not an option and I can't go into a long discussion as to the how's and why's.

Well then how about the short discussion on the how's and why's? Something that is standard in a missing persons investigation is somehow impossible for Beths case? What makes Beths case different than any other missing persons case that pinging, or triangulating her cell phone is a black and white not possible? :waitasec:

---Agree with your line of questioning here. I posted that link above. One instance speaks of phone being used to generate a ping, others say just being on. I posted a coverage map of the area, will post more. Other reason is private phone records will need subpeona, would look very suspect to not provide those willingly, lets pray they have been provided. Regardless, if her phone can not be pinged now, then WHY NOT those earlier days?

<snip>

Scott is not a 'computer guy'. He is an attorney and has other people doing the computer stuff. Also...Scott can hardly look at the posts because he...well...it is very, very hard. We all share all the good stuff with him. It is not imperative Scott involve himself via the computer. There are plenty of missing persons cases where family either communicates through the media making appeals for their missing family member, or has a family spokesperson to do thatfor them through the media. I do not believe Scott had any involvement in Beth's disappearance but the lack of any comment from himself or a spokesperson is troubling. By troubling I mean, there are plenty of missing persons organizations out there to assist the family and guide them. Why has Scott not reached out to any of these organizations to help direct and guide him with media relations and getting appropriate info to the public to help find his wife?
This was asked on the face book and suggested to call TES, this would be right up their alley. I would like to know how long of a wait before the family traveled south? Sorry, on other cases historically on WS, we can generate a mountain of help rather quickly for families. It was also stated on face book the family was told the more people they contact the less likely they would take their story. SAY WHAT???

Why is Scott being portrayed as so fragile he can't cope and he can't be proactive rather than reactive? At least that is my impression based on the FB comments and the few statements via the media making an appeal for his wife. I mean, LE would certiainly approve something before it was 'media ready' if they felt something Scott wanted to share would harm the investigation. Why is this not happening? The man is an attorney, he is not stupid nor incapable of finding a family spokesperson if he is not up to it himself.

I agree. Though, it is possible he is suffering of shock of some sort, I would think being an attorney he would have several contacts in his industry that would be willing to help him out. What else I find so interesting is that while being interviewed by the media in the one segment, there is NO PLEA for Beth or for anyone to come forward etc.. Speaks of "if she had some personal issues" that is offering information that was no asked for.... what personal issues? Things..-"the story is" - anyway, not being ugly but some of the "past tense' words I have seen quoted always raise a red flag to me. This is why I believe there is WAY MORE going on than meets the eye. Not saying that he is responsible but we would be dumb, deaf and blind at this point not to look at all avenues. Historically, we know from media that their information can be so off base and they quote information as fact even though it has not been verified through LE. Such as phone calls etc.. Although, it is also quite possible that the investigation and the "what happened" is quite under control, this still leaves Beth missing and she needs to be found. Period.

Then why not say they the attempt was made but unsuccesful?

What would be a valid reason for not being able to obtain permission in this case and need to get a subpeona? Again, thinking back to John Spira's case. John went missing on a friday. His divorce was not finished and LE would not take a missing persons report from anyone other than his soon to be ex wife, who finally reported him missing Monday. (IIRC at the request of his family.) LE was able to obtain ping records in his case, even though his phone has never been found.

The whole can't get them, can't say why and don't ask why is hinky.

Do we know where the closest cell phone towers are in the area Beth went missing?

I was doing a search on those towers.. there are towers down there.. Still working on it. No matter which direction this case goes, I think hink is going to be an understatement.

We've had ATT for at least 18 years, and are in a fringe area. Calls still drop and fade in and out, and we are well within city limits. So we were amused when we looked at the map like this one for our own area. It shows as best. LOL. Good for getting people to sign up, good for PR, not necessarily the whole story. It's the best case scenario, IMO. JMO.

LOL -- I agree. I am also in a GREAT location with the darkest orange and I can't even talk in my house and loose reception all over this place. While I lived in Texas, much better but still spotty areas.

Cubby, I will work a more comprehensive map. And you would think if what grayjay brings up about not being able to access an adults phone records for the above reason, why not say so then? :waitasec:

I think LE knows much more than is reported.
I also find it curious why Scott has not been more proactive about Beth's missing person case.
Although some people just cannot cope with the stress and strain of it all, but
still, asking a close friend to be the media person is standard.

---Agree with your line of questioning here. I posted that link above. One instance speaks of phone being used to generate a ping, others say just being on. I posted a coverage map of the area, will post more. Other reason is private phone records will need subpeona, would look very suspect to not provide those willingly, lets pray they have been provided. Regardless, if her phone can not be pinged now, then WHY NOT those earlier days?

<snip>

This was asked on the face book and suggested to call TES, this would be right up their alley. I would like to know how long of a wait before the family traveled south? Sorry, on other cases historically on WS, we can generate a mountain of help rather quickly for families. It was also stated on face book the family was told the more people they contact the less likely they would take their story. SAY WHAT???

I agree. Though, it is possible he is suffering of shock of some sort, I would think being an attorney he would have several contacts in his industry that would be willing to help him out. What else I find so interesting is that while being interviewed by the media in the one segment, there is NO PLEA for Beth or for anyone to come forward etc.. Speaks of "if she had some personal issues" that is offering information that was no asked for.... what personal issues? Things..-"the story is" - anyway, not being ugly but some of the "past tense' words I have seen quoted always raise a red flag to me. This is why I believe there is WAY MORE going on than meets the eye. Not saying that he is responsible but we would be dumb, deaf and blind at this point not to look at all avenues. Historically, we know from media that their information can be so off base and they quote information as fact even though it has not been verified through LE. Such as phone calls etc.. Although, it is also quite possible that the investigation and the "what happened" is quite under control, this still leaves Beth missing and she needs to be found. Period.

I so agree! People don't make it as attornies if they are fragile.

Something is way way way off base with how this case is being handled. Even in cases where the missing person had some kind of personal issues - whatever they be- I can't recall a case where family is so uninvolved. By uninvolved I mean, in some cases we see a sibling, cousin, Aunt or Uncle act as family spokesperson. Beth has been missing close to a month. IMO, time for the initial shock to wear off and get organized enough to have some kind of official spokesperson and some kind of organization to keep some info in the media.

There is enough interest with the online discussion on Beth's case to 1)Put some of the rumors and speculation to bed 2)To offer some kind of basic information to keep people on track in the search for Beth.

As far as TES goes, that request has to come through family with the cooperation of LE IIRC. Or come from LE via the family.....

I don't believe Beth left willingly. I do not for a moment believe she would leave without her children. I do not believe the story she ran off with some guy - because she would not be gone this long, and LE would have found some evidence of 'some guy'.

I really think there was an accident of some type which was accidental but a result of being impaired - drunk, under the influence of drugs, something, in which there is fear of some kind of liability on either JW or RR's part. And as a result of that fear they concocted a story about dropping Beth off to take the train. When the train story did not pan out the 'rumors' about Beth being unfaithful came out as a last ditch effort to find some avenue to send those wishing to bring Beth home in another direction.

I wish they would tell the truth. JW's unwillingness to officially clear her name is hinky. if she was telling the truth, LE should have been able to rule her out already. I don't think JW set out to do anything deliberately, I think RR convinced her they could BOTH be in deep trouble if either of them told the truth. While just my opinion, I feel very strongly about that scenario.

JMO

IF she RAN OFF, then she could have ditched her phone & gotten a Straight Talk etc. one, possibly been stashing money over time into a bank acct under a diff name or SOMEONE else's name. And maybe had SOMEONE pick her up in Centralia (if she actually went there) or elsewhere.

Are all of Beths children Scott's step children? the two oldest are of age, but the youngest. Is there any custody issues or problems with his dad which might have some involvement in this? I don't want to make accusations or anything.... I am thinking of other possibilities.

I've been racking my brain with scenario's and honestly, each time I end up thinking right back to an accident which occured with JW and RR. I hate feeling that way, but I just can't shake it.

Originally posted by Calliope in one of the Kyron Horman threads.

Since I can't quote from a closed thread copying here for the discussion on Beth's disappearance since they were reportedly boating that weekend. We don't know if they were boating Sunday or not, so that theory is speculation.

Calliopes post:

BODY FLOAT INFORMATION

WATER TEMPERATURE / DAYS TO SURFACE:

40 degrees 14-20 days
50 degrees 10-14 days
60 degrees 7-10 days
70 degrees 3-7 days
80 degrees 1-2 days

1. Victims that have drowned in 30-40 degree water will not surface until
water warms.

2. Victims that are 100 feet or deeper may not surface at all due to the
combination of pressure and temperature.

VARIABLES THAT AFFECT FLOAT TIME

1. When and What food was last consumed (foods high in carbohydrates:
beer, soft drinks, hot dogs, potato chips) produce gases faster.

2. Medications, drugs, or alcohol.

3. Body composition &#8211; skinny, muscular, obese. (fat float quicker).

4. Age, weight, and height of victim.

5. Activity at the time of drowning (hunting, fishing, swimming, skiing).

6. Suicidal drowning &#8211; self weighting, stacked clothing.

7. Type and layers of clothing worn including footwear (heavier winter
clothing of hip boots).

8. Gases produced in the intestinal tract are: methane, hydrogen sulfide, and carbon dioxide. These gases are soluble in water and compressible.

9. Any visible body wounds &#8211; previous or after drowning?

10. Type of water: River, Quarry, Lake, Pond, Freshwater, Saltwater?

11. Bottom temperature &#8211; currents, spring fed, stagnate, polluted water
presents different problems for determining bacteria in intestinal tract.

12. Pressure exerted holding victim down varies with depth of water.

13. Any debris &#8211; stumps, trees, fence, fishing line that could cause
entanglement. Water sheds and most State Parks are flooded farm land.

14. Adult men and women on the bottom weigh about 6-15 lbs. negative.
Children weigh less and may not sink unless intentionally weighted. Some
kids will float face up.

15. Victims who are dead before they enter the water will not sink and float.
We had a victim travel 175 miles in 3 days who was thrown in the river
from a motorcycle accident.

16. Most adult victims will float face down due to the weight of arms and legs. They float just like you recover a victim from the bottom face down.

Link from Calliope's post:

http://www.twinquarries.com/nurri/index.htm

(direct link to Calliope's post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #13 )

What do we know about the lakes in the Mt. Vernon area in relation to the above info? I hope this is not the case, but all aspects need to be explored and considered in this case.

Are all of Beths children Scott's step children? the two oldest are of age, but the youngest. Is there any custody issues or problems with his dad which might have some involvement in this? I don't want to make accusations or anything.... I am thinking of other possibilities.

I've been racking my brain with scenario's and honestly, each time I end up thinking right back to an accident which occured with JW and RR. I hate feeling that way, but I just can't shake it.

Cubby, I agree, I too had been pondering this accident scenario since the begin ing -But to me, that is the obvious scenario. However, with this being said, then WHY NOT pleas in the media that have aired thus far? Seems strange to me. Wouldn't you as a family member be screaming for people to pay attention? Regardless, beth is still missing and needs to be found. So even if the family knows or LE has shared what they think happened, which is doubtful as you said yourself they are very tight lipped. I have a gut feeling there are things possibly due to the nature of SB business as a local attorney that it is quite possible he does not want to be in the public spotlight, I am only speculating here but could imagine something like this could be hurtful to business and with him being a defense attorney plastering his private life on t.v might be risky esp if defending any criminals.

That earlier case that Tarabull posted, there is something that stinks with it, however, prob nothing to do with this case but have been able to connect this person directly to this family.

Thank you NSC. The thumb tack on the attached map. Is that one you added for the location of where Beth was staying in Mt. Vernon, or a thumb tack from the map indicating Mt. Vernon 'city limit's or a general middle of town basic thumb tack not user generated?

I'd like to see which area the reno home fell into on the map. (I'm not great at the map thing, so any help is appreciated!)

tia
I set the map for the reno house here to match as closely as possible to the one for the coverage. It shows moderate coverage, the lightest yellow color.
17974 N Miller Lake Ln, Mt Vernon, Illinois
Coverage Map

That earlier case that Tarabull posted, there is something that stinks with it, however, prob nothing to do with this case but have been able to connect this person directly to this family.

respectfully snipped by me.

The case that Tarabull posted earlier. I removed that because the man who wrote the lengthy complaint about the judicial system - not SB- is deceased. He died in the summer of 2009. Because of that, I do not believe he is involved. How could he be? I do remember his name from the Fathers Rights activists when I was a member of an SP forum. I pulled the link due to naming innocent people not involved with this case.

Cubby, I agree, I too had been pondering this accident scenario since the begin ing -But to me, that is the obvious scenario. However, with this being said, then WHY NOT pleas in the media that have aired thus far? Seems strange to me. Wouldn't you as a family member be screaming for people to pay attention? Regardless, beth is still missing and needs to be found. So even if the family knows or LE has shared what they think happened, which is doubtful as you said yourself they are very tight lipped. I have a gut feeling there are things possibly due to the nature of SB business as a local attorney that it is quite possible he does not want to be in the public spotlight, I am only speculating here but could imagine something like this could be hurtful to business and with him being a defense attorney plastering his private life on t.v might be risky esp if defending any criminals.

respectfully snipped again. I'm not coming up with any logical reason why SB making a public statement in the media regarding his wifes disappearance would be hurtful to his business. If anything it might actually harm his business..... especially in non criminal cases. If the guy isn't willing to fight for his wife, why would I expect he fight for me as his client kind of thing. I am NOT saying this is the case, I am just saying different people might interpret his lack of even making public appeals for Beth's return that the children miss her. If anyone has seen her... blah blah blah kind of thing. He doesn't have to share his theory or any part of the investigation he is privy to..... By 'he' I should say a general he being a spokesperson for the family and not necessarily SB himself.

respectfully snipped by me.

The case that Tarabull posted earlier. I removed that because the man who wrote the lengthy complaint about the judicial system - not SB- is deceased. He died in the summer of 2009. Because of that, I do not believe he is involved. How could he be? I do remember his name from the Fathers Rights activists when I was a member of an SP forum. I pulled the link due to naming innocent people not involved with this case.

Actually that complaint did specifically name his lawyers >>>>> SB & his associate at that time - SB & that associate have since parted ways.

Page 5 part #13

Just saying.

Actually that complaint did specifically name his lawyers >>>>> SB & his associate at that time - SB & that associate have since parted ways.

Page 5 part #13

Just saying.

The man who wrote that died in July of 2009. Unless he planned some kind of retaliation 10 months prior to his death against one of many attorneys who represented him over his 15 or so years of battling his ex in court over a custody case I don't see how that ties to Beths case.

Just saying.

The man who wrote that died in July of 2009. Unless he planned some kind of retaliation 10 months prior to his death against one of many attorneys who represented him over his 15 or so years of battling his ex in court over a custody case I don't see how that ties to Beths case.

Just saying.

ULTIMATELY, what was he fighting for????

In other words:

Who would be upset by the outcome of that deceased man's losing his fight????

ETA: he died still fighting!

STILL, just saying...

<snip>

First of all I want to say my thoughts and prayers are with Beth's friends, family and especially her children. I hope they have answers soon.

Ive finally caught up enough that I can post intelligently (maybe). After reading all the conflicting reports, "friends" posts on FB, watching her DH.. the only thing I KNOW for sure is that NSC should refrain from posting in pink...please?

Ok so I am trying to be a little funny here, but seriously my brain is scrambled from this mess of misinformation and so little family involvement. I certainly hope I dont have friends like JW...

Her story IMO hinky, hinky, hinky.

ULTIMATELY, what was he fighting for????

In other words:

Who would be upset by the outcome of that deceased man's losing his fight????

ETA: he died still fighting!

STILL, just saying...

BBM. The fathers rights activists who will be on capital hill in July of this year.

Why would they target Beth and what would the fathers rights movement have to gain from Beth going missing? Fathers for Justice and other FR groups would have little if any interest in SB as an attorney. You are speculating on a case that started in 1992. If you can find a tie to this being relevent to Beths disappearance.... but this is kind of wild speculation.

I've known of and known a few in the fathers rights movement since before I became a WS member. The man who died last summer was involved with the peaceful protest type of movement or one of those guys who dresses up like spider man, and climbs cranes outside large venues. They are not the type to kidnap or murder an attorney's wife 18 plus years into a custody battle.

OT- but I am going to ask the assistance of one of the FR' rights activists to assist ME a never married single mom in representing myself pro se against my sons bio dad.... and I am very confident we can come to an agreement. I knew people in the movement long before I ever found Websleuths.... and oddly, found websleuths as a result of searching absent fathers. I would bet the Cubs would win the world series before there was some kind of retaliation against SB based on a case a decade old. Nah' I just don't see it happening.

Can you tie something else to this theory besides the deceased man, Robert G. (forget his last name) outside of the mention of SB's name in one long complaint against the system and the government?

I have to call Ray L - this week to get some assistance for my case - he is my 'go to' with family court knowledge, as an FR. I will ask him if my recollection of this Robert G. L is the same person I remember.

Cubby....

you are thinking way TOO BIG.

of course, fathers rights groups wouldn't have any involvement in Beth's disappearance.

Cubby, the man was going after these judges, courts .. and unethical behavior on his representation..there is info all over the net he posted, it is chopped up but when you put it together.. ding ding.... I find it very curious .though might be a stretch but according to some of these allegations in his suit, many people are padding their pockets with these funds that are supposed to be running through Illinois child support etc.. (OT: I will be checking into this more for other reasons as well-heart breaks for this man). Seems BB has been through two law partners as his business name has changed twice, that I have found thus far, not to mention this JR guy is no longer a part of the firm, yet his name is still in the title.. says right there on the website that SB is the sole practitioner.

Speaking as an individual who is considering a national judicial watchdog coalition.. rulings on child sex predators.. not a pipe dream either.. I have large political support in the matter, the funds, however I am VERY hesitant being that I have small children. It is a dangerous thing to go against judges and it would be foolish to think they couldn't order a "hit" to look like an accidental death or suicide. If you want examples, let's move are attention to Pensacola, FL... I can name you several cases.. You don't mess with these people and their side incomes, if that is what was/is happening..

Check out the dates.... they are strange, he was working his federal case etc.. He made posts back in 07' saying this might get him "killed" -- not trying to get OT but would like to know more.. if there was some corruption or colouision going on.. you never know who or what could come back to bite... I AGREE it is a stretch .. but even so on another matter, would be interested in taking a look at the happenings surrounding his death..

THAT wasn't where I was going but since you brought it up....

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member