Surveillance videos collected

If someone is willing to abduct/hurt a child I can't see them worrying about leaving a baby in the car alone for a few minutes.

for some reason this comment made me think of when they hung mary surrote for conspring to kill president lincoln.

as she waited to be hung someone held an umbrella over her head. wouldnt want her to get sunburned before they broke her neck!

Or is he saying that all they have got is what other people's thoughts on her are? Yikes!
I don't think that's what he's saying. I think he's saying that until they have proof that Kyron is alive (or not) that they can't charge TH with whatever happened to him...they can't go off and arrest her because they think she did 'something' bad, they have to define exactly what the 'bad' is.

I think it's hugely hinky that TH couldn't remember what she did that day. I'm sure she was asked *that day* what she did, not days or weeks later. I can tell you in detail what I did today and what I did yesterday. Extremely pointing, IMO, if she was asked what she did after dropping Kyron off at school and she said something like, "I don't remember...I just ran errands." Even more hinky would be if she remembered "I worked out at 11" but didn't remember what she did between 9:30 and 11. I'm of the opinion that the current request of video is her suddenly 'remembering' that she bought groceries or something that morning. Or else there was a tip called in that they felt was credible.

It would be interesting if, after all the time that has passed, there would still be tape of June 4...unless LE wanted tape from a later date.

Or is he saying that all they have got is what other people's thoughts on her are? Yikes!
The former prosecutor is just pointing out the difference between the public perception and what it takes to find probable cause. If you read the passages that follow you'll see he details the dilemma:

He pointed out that without knowing what happened to Kyron, it is difficult to arrest someone and charge them based on circumstantial evidence alone.

He also said there’s a big difference between missing children and missing adults in pressing ahead with charges that are based on circumstantial evidence.

Adults leave paper trails that children don’t. They buy things at grocery stores with credit cards, use ATMs, write e-mails and make phone calls. Those are the kinds of things that stop when adults disappear. But a 7-year-old doesn’t leave those kinds of digital footprints.

“So when you have a child that goes missing, it becomes extremely more complicated in trying to establish whether that child is missing or whether that child is deceased,” said McIntyre. “If you don’t know those two answers then how do you identify which crime to charge?”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98150609.html

if these videos didnt give them any new info then nothing is gonna gonna happen imo.

If someone is willing to abduct/hurt a child I can't see them worrying about leaving a baby in the car alone for a few minutes.

I don't even want to type this, it's so awful.

I live in an area with lots of waterways and lots of bridges. There have been cases where a parent has thrown a live child from a bridge to the child's death.

UGH!

Anyway, my point is that it would only take a couple of minutes if the perp is strong enough. It could happen during a baby's nap, without the baby waking up.

Of course, you have to wonder ... if a perp is willing to murder a child, is that perp really interested in child safety, in general?

Cell phone pings can be confusing I think if you have one of those phones that you can option for the carrier's tower. My old Sprint phone was like that when I set it for strongest signal I would sometimes get another carrier's tower and include roaming rates when traveling. So I reset it only for my carrier still could get a tower it almost all the time. If not, I changed the settings back to all carriers.

And not all phones have the same antenna strength. My DH and I both used the same provider only different model phones. We could be right next to each other and my fancy, expensive phone would go into roaming in places my DH's phone basic phone didn't...go figure!

Now my son has one of those prepaid phones that will only pick his carrier and doesn't allow him to option it for other carriers. Sometimes he can't get a tower at all in really rural places.

Depending on TH's phone provider and model of phone she has it may affect which towers she pings off of.
I'm pretty sure that pings don't work that way...and if TH has a newer phone, the gps capabilities would make tracking the exact location of the phone very easy. If she had an older phone, they'd compare the strength and time lag it took the signal to reach each tower to triangulate the phone's approximate position...so if her phone was many miles away from Sauvie Island, LE could tell by it's signal strength, etc.

Hi - my first post.

If the baby was with Terri at the school do we know whether or not she was in a stroller? I guess not if Terri was seen walking up stairs though I haven't seen any mention of the baby being seen with her The reason I ask is that depending on the size of the stroller it could maybe be a good way to smuggle a small child out of the school and elsewhere without anybody knowing.

Hi and welcome!

The stroller and the stairs I think would be hard. I have used a escalator with a stroller or just a couple of steps but don't remember ever trying to use one on a flight of stairs. I would think people would have noticed her more trying to do that so that may be good for getting a better time line of when she was there.

Confusion about what they're looking for in this video surveillance. It'll all come out some day soon, I suppose, I'll try and be patient.

But early on they asked for video of a specific targeted area including the day of and the day before. http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/36006/Request_for_Video_Footage.doc

What do you think they were looking for on the day before his disappearance? And did they find anything?

i dont know. first i was hoping this was a final piece of the puzzle for them arresting someone.

now its just looking like a shot in the dark

It could be that they have seen TH in one of the parking lots pulled up talking to someone in another vehicle....I feel LE is putting all of the peices of this puzzle together and will charge her as soon as they can....

Albertson's is just a grocery store and the one they are referring to is especially small. Fred Meyer on the other hand sells everything from clothing to furniture to groceries! HTH

..and rope, duct tape, plastic storage bins, etc. I have no doubt they've been through her credit card/bank transactions for the last year+ to see what she's bought and where. If she took cash out to buy stuff, (she probably did), hopefully they can find surveillance video around the time she put the hit on KH and/or the days she took out cash- there are too many video cams in PDX because we're a pretty wired town for her to not have something incriminating on video/computers. Even if she wiped her hard drive, they can recover the data. Scary, huh? They are collecting stuff, tightening the noose to *force* her to say where Kyron is because honestly peeps, no body no crime and she ain't gonna talk no matter what unless she's facing the death penalty/life in prison.

Like hair dye that is not red? Like little boy's clothing?

Or a blond wig that she wore driving down that road where the guy saw her? Gosh I hope that boy is alive somewhere She is such a complete ________

I'm kind of hoping they catch her on tape with her lover or the person who helped her out (if there is one. I'm still not sure of that). I'm sure if she's with anyone they haven't identified or talked to, they're going to be identifying and talking to them. And I'm talking people she's obviously with, not random strangers around her.

Plus, it's interesting that receipts have been suggested. Maybe they do have receipts and are trying to match up what she bought and when. Because things are so digital these days, people forget what kind of trail they leave even without paper to back it up.

I'm kind of hoping they catch her on tape with her lover or the person who helped her out (if there is one. I'm still not sure of that). I'm sure if she's with anyone they haven't identified or talked to, they're going to be identifying and talking to them. And I'm talking people she's obviously with, not random strangers around her.

Plus, it's interesting that receipts have been suggested. Maybe they do have receipts and are trying to match up what she bought and when. Because things are so digital these days, people forget what kind of trail they leave even without paper to back it up.

you'd think perps would at least be smart enough to use cash ;)

sounds like they feel she did something but dont have evidence to back it up.

but if they are wrong they are so toast

In what way? They haven't said she's a poi or suspect. Kaine and Desi have expressed their opinions of her.

People can express their opinions. Terri would have to prove slander.

She would have to prove that she did not do the things that Desi and Kaine are saying.

In what way? They haven't said she's a poi or suspect. Kaine and Desi have expressed their opinions of her.

People can express their opinions. Terri would have to prove slander.

She would have to prove that she did not do the things that Desi and Kaine are saying.

i meant mostly they are toast cause the real person is getting away and god knows what happened to kyron.

the backlash from all of that would be far worse then any potential lawsuit from terri

It could be that they have seen TH in one of the parking lots pulled up talking to someone in another vehicle....I feel LE is putting all of the peices of this puzzle together and will charge her as soon as they can....

Now that's something interesting to think about...good post!

If video surveillance is of the inside of the store, register...I'm betting TH is no where to be seen on those tapes.

Especially if her phone was pinging in the opposite direction of where she said she was...jmo.

I'm curious about that, too, if there are closer Albertsons, especially if this isn't a particularly large or nice one. Could this one be on the way to somewhere she was taking Kyron (if she had him with her)? Sometimes in cases we see video footage of people buying shovels or other hinky items -- they don't seem to take store video cameras into account or think anyone's going to look at the footage if it's a store far from home.

That's my secondary theory, though. At this point, I'm with SuziQ in thinking that these are places she gave for her alibi and the tapes are being (or have been) checked to see if she was where she said she was.

Albertson is strictly a grocery. They wouldn't likely have shovels, ropes, knives, or other things that would seem particularly suspicious. Fred Meyer's does though.

My thought on the multiple stores was that perhaps she's sending the police on a goose chase. She could have said, "I got groceries. I don't remember where it could have been Albertsons, or Fred Meyers."

NW Cornelius Pass Rd, NW Germantown Rd, NW Logie Trail Rd, NW Rocky Point Rd, NW Skyline Rd, NW 185th Ave, NW West Union Rd, NW Springville Rd, Bethany Blvd, NW Springville Rd, NW Newberry Rd, NW McNamee Rd, Highway 30 from NW Rock Point to NW Germantown Rd, NW Kaiser Rd, NW Thompson Rd and NW Laidlaw Rd.

Where are these locations in relation to the school? Any locals know? TIA

Albertson is strictly a grocery. They wouldn't likely have shovels, ropes, knives, or other things that would seem particularly suspicious. Fred Meyer's does though.

My thought on the multiple stores was that perhaps she's sending the police on a goose chase. She could have said, "I got groceries. I don't remember where it could have been Albertsons, or Fred Meyers."

That would be very easy to determine IF she used a debit/credit card.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back