Surveillance videos collected

PORTLAND, Ore. - Investigators have collected surveillance videos from local grocery stores in the disappearance of Kyron Horman, sources said.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/98150609.html

Managers of the Fred Meyer store in Hillsboro and the Albertsons on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy. have confirmed they've submitted surveillance video and are cooperating with detectives.
The Fred Meyer store is located 5 miles away from Skyline School, where Kyron Horman was last seen. That's where his stepmother, Terri Horman, spent time with the missing boy at his school science fair, and last saw him walking toward his classroom on June 4. He never appeared in class, and did not come home on the school bus.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/98147474.html

Several new articles today regarding surveillance videos taken the day Kyron goes missing.

Could someone who lives local to these stores, please tell us how close are these stores to the witness stating "a white truck was seen at 2pm the day of Kyron's disappearance and 3am that night". Is there a map already? Thanks in advance!~

I didn't realize this had been posted before. Moderators feel free to move if needed.

These videos will play a big part in setting up Terri's defense or prosecution. How she spent the day Kyron went missing is a big mystery. We know she and Baby K were at the school that morning and that she was at the gym. Now we can piece together the rest of the day.

School, grocery stores, and gym. She's home when Kaine arrives at 1:45.

Right, investigators are looking for a timeline. It doesn't take 4.45 hours to workout.

Hi and welcome!

The stroller and the stairs I think would be hard. I have used a escalator with a stroller or just a couple of steps but don't remember ever trying to use one on a flight of stairs. I would think people would have noticed her more trying to do that so that may be good for getting a better time line of when she was there.

Thank you for the reply and the welcome.

And yes the stroller theory seems unlikely if the witness who saw her go up the stairs is a reliable witness. This is such a weird case and everything seems to point to either Terri's involvement or it being a set up made to look like Terri's responsible for whatever happened. But that set up would have to include the lawnman too. Risking being seen removing Kyron from the school seems that big a risk to take that I can't help but wonder if he is concealed in a container within the school. A normal parent may not know their way around the school well enough but if Terri helped out at the school she might.

Then I have completely random thoughts like perhaps both Terri and Kyron entered the school as themselves, met up somewhere in the school to change and both left the school in disguise. Lets hope these surveillance videos turn up something helpful.

I'm pretty sure that pings don't work that way...and if TH has a newer phone, the gps capabilities would make tracking the exact location of the phone very easy. If she had an older phone, they'd compare the strength and time lag it took the signal to reach each tower to triangulate the phone's approximate position...so if her phone was many miles away from Sauvie Island, LE could tell by it's signal strength, etc.

Excellent map! Thanks!

Sauvie Island just doesn't look that far from the school. I can imagine pings bouncing from there if you were at school, home or nearby.

Cell phone pings are NOT like DNA. We just came back from a trip out west, and my DH and I (both very new phones with GPS) showed 2 different time zones while we were in the same hotel room. I also tried checking into FourSquare at one point and it showed me in a different state. The tour director said the phone pings just bounce around the mountains.

NW Cornelius Pass Rd, NW Germantown Rd, NW Logie Trail Rd, NW Rocky Point Rd, NW Skyline Rd, NW 185th Ave, NW West Union Rd, NW Springville Rd, Bethany Blvd, NW Springville Rd, NW Newberry Rd, NW McNamee Rd, Highway 30 from NW Rock Point to NW Germantown Rd, NW Kaiser Rd, NW Thompson Rd and NW Laidlaw Rd.

Where are these locations in relation to the school? Any locals know? TIA

Here is (I believe) Pufnstuff's wonderful map with those streets added.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...92510424599794.0004885502c0e5890795a&t=h&z=10

"There is no indication that Kyron is in any of the video."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98150609.html

BBM
<snip>

Investigators are trying to establish Terri Horman’s timeline, sources said. They say Terri was the last person to see Kyron and they are trying to find out what she did after she dropped him off at the school.

There is no indication that Kyron is in any of the video.
<snip>

Hi - my first post.

If the baby was with Terri at the school do we know whether or not she was in a stroller? I guess not if Terri was seen walking up stairs though I haven't seen any mention of the baby being seen with her The reason I ask is that depending on the size of the stroller it could maybe be a good way to smuggle a small child out of the school and elsewhere without anybody knowing.

Welcome to WSER's - cute username!

Right, plus babies take naps, after a ride out SI, Baby K would have been asleep. Not sure if it has been reported about stroller, I thought it said that Baby K was on Th's hip. I think Kyron was told he had a doctor's appt that day by his stepmom. She probably told him to go out the side entrance and meet her outside.

I'm kind of hoping they catch her on tape with her lover or the person who helped her out (if there is one. I'm still not sure of that). I'm sure if she's with anyone they haven't identified or talked to, they're going to be identifying and talking to them. And I'm talking people she's obviously with, not random strangers around her.

Plus, it's interesting that receipts have been suggested. Maybe they do have receipts and are trying to match up what she bought and when. Because things are so digital these days, people forget what kind of trail they leave even without paper to back it up.

Exactly! The investigators could be looking at any individuals who have during that day or before, purchased items such as duct tape, rope, knives, etc. Then they can at least say, hey this man/woman purchased these items, who are they?

Excellent map! Thanks!

Sauvie Island just doesn't look that far from the school. I can imagine pings bouncing from there if you were at school, home or nearby.

Cell phone pings are NOT like DNA. We just came back from a trip out west, and my DH and I (both very new phones with GPS) showed 2 different time zones while we were in the same hotel room. I also tried checking into FourSquare at one point and it showed me in a different state. The tour director said the phone pings just bounce around the mountains.

I think it was determined that there are no cell towers on SI. And the way a ping is triangulated takes in account bouncing off of different towers to determine the most likely area of interest. The cell phone provider would have completely accurate GPS locations over apps you can download on a phone. Although my google app is dead on always.

And yes the stroller theory seems unlikely if the witness who saw her go up the stairs is a reliable witness

Who saw her go up the stairs? I didn't read that account.

In regards to K the "toddler"...there are several photos out there showing her walking and I would imagine she was walking and not in a stroller on the morning of the SF. As for "stairs"...pop toddler on your hip...no prob for a body builder! ;)

Then isn't it amazing that we've heard so little about that? If Terri had an 18-month old baby with her at the school, how much more difficult would that make things.....

She probably had the baby on her hip throughout the science exhibits....and she was trying to take photos too. Maybe thats why she didn't walk Kyron back to his classroom. After all, she could see him down the hallway getting closer.

I can't see her harming Kyron if she had the baby with her. What did she do with the baby while she went to the gym? Was the baby in the video surveillance footage that was obtained by LE? Interesting....

In the earliest reports, TH said that she left the baby with a babysitter. She did not tell KH that she planned to do that, hence his statement the baby was with KH.
With a few more searches I could probably find where she admitted to that, but this article should suffice for now.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

"Investigators say Horman told them she last saw Kyron at 8:45 a.m. June 4 as he walked to his classroom after the two had toured the school's science fair. Previously, officials had said that Kyron had been seen around 9 a.m. by an unnamed witness, but Gates declined to clarify the discrepancy Friday."

Bold above is my addition.

She did not have their daughter with her that morning.

And yes the stroller theory seems unlikely if the witness who saw her go up the stairs is a reliable witness

Who saw her go up the stairs? I didn't read that account.

I read something about Terri and Kyron going up different staircases. Can't remember where but I've only read websleuths so it'll be somewhere on here.

Welcome to WSER's - cute username!

Right, plus babies take naps, after a ride out SI, Baby K would have been asleep. Not sure if it has been reported about stroller, I thought it said that Baby K was on Th's hip. I think Kyron was told he had a doctor's appt that day by his stepmom. She probably told him to go out the side entrance and meet her outside.

Good point about the doctors appointment she could well have done exactly that.

..and rope, duct tape, plastic storage bins, etc. I have no doubt they've been through her credit card/bank transactions for the last year+ to see what she's bought and where. If she took cash out to buy stuff, (she probably did), hopefully they can find surveillance video around the time she put the hit on KH and/or the days she took out cash- there are too many video cams in PDX because we're a pretty wired town for her to not have something incriminating on video/computers. Even if she wiped her hard drive, they can recover the data. Scary, huh? They are collecting stuff, tightening the noose to *force* her to say where Kyron is because honestly peeps, no body no crime and she ain't gonna talk no matter what unless she's facing the death penalty/life in prison.

BBM

Actually, not that long ago there was a murder conviction near me (Fort Worth I think) that was tried without the body being found.

I can't imagine its an easy case to prosecute, and its rare, but can be done:

http://www.nobodymurdercases.com/

In the earliest reports, TH said that she left the baby with a babysitter. She did not tell KH that she planned to do that, hence his statement the baby was with KH.
With a few more searches I could probably find where she admitted to that, but this article should suffice for now.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

"Investigators say Horman told them she last saw Kyron at 8:45 a.m. June 4 as he walked to his classroom after the two had toured the school's science fair. Previously, officials had said that Kyron had been seen around 9 a.m. by an unnamed witness, but Gates declined to clarify the discrepancy Friday."

Bold above is my addition.

She did not have their daughter with her that morning.

Sorry, but that does not suffice for me. KH quite recently confirmed she had the baby with her at the school. Very recent video interview, possibly the one with the Oregonian. And I have never heard any statements direct from TH on any subject.

Wait a minute, far as I knew yesterday the baby was with a sitter, and not with TH the morning of the SF.

Can't count on any facts being verified by LE. That is what is so frustrating about trying to sleuth this case even now five weeks later. I would like to know more if there was a sitter for the baby that morning. A sitter would notice what TH wore and her behavior before the SF and then later how she was acting. A sitter for the baby maybe did say something when interviewed. We don't know that do we?

I will have to go back and look and as a newbie I don't know if I'll figure how to link but I'm sure the baby with the babysitter story came from TH's friend when she did the interview speaking out for her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back