Casey's hair & court attire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah, while I pay $500 a month for a family of 3 for crappy health care. Nope, dental not included. In this economy, do you know how many people are suffering, but KC is not. Here I sit in 90 degrees (in the house) because I can't afford AC, but KC is probably cool as a cucumber. She's probably eating better than my family. Since when did jail become such a privilidge and not a punishment. I know, innocent until proven guilty -- but she was arrested as the sole "alleged" killer of Caylee. I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing much punishment here. My thought still goes back to JB keeping her in jail as long as possible, and delaying the trial as long as possible, because he knows where she's going.

Just my opinion.

Mel

ITA ! ! ! I feel the same about her medical/dental care---

The State is paying for that? 'Splains why it looks like it does, then. :x

Ay,ay, ay....No matter how much makeup, how much combing, how much product they use, nothing will detract from the actions that Casey made against Caylee. You can only cover up that "stink" with cologne for only a short while. Hope the jury that is chosen won't be dazzled by her beautiful long tresses and batting eyelashes.

LMAO..reminds me of...you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig...:croc:

If she can't wash her own hair and has been paying out of her own commissary money, who cares! She still sits there accused of murder..

Better yet, throw her in GP, give her a menial job and let her pay her own way...that would infuriate ICA..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I noticed at the last hearing that her hair didn't look as greasy as it usually does. I also noticed it had a wave to it as well. People get crafty in jail/prison though and I've heard that a lot of female inmates use tampons as hair rollers to curl their hair. I just assumed she was finally learning some jail house hair tricks.

BBM

I guess ICA is taking advice of her admirers...LOL

Didn't one of them tell her (in a letter) to wash her greasy hair....I guess she paid attention...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

IF the state IS paying for her hair, that makes me mad, my dad lives in pensacola, and he is 60- someodd years old and working.. his hard earned $$ at work? grrrrrrrrrrr.

I remember that one, too, GetSmart!

I understand looking presentable for court, but having their hair and makeup "done" - presumably on the taxpayers dollar - is just wrong. It's really a shame when persons in jail seem to have more luxuries than those of us honest, hard-working people.

Considering the fact that thanks to Casey, little Caylee lost most of her beautiful hair and what little she had left of it had to be cut from the duct tape, well, Casey deserves to sit there totally bald with tampons duct taped to her head.

years ago i held aa meetings in the small county jail, near my home.

i will never forget the sight of a few of the women who would

attend wearing their hair rolled around tampax! :eek:
Maybe she can save the state some money and learn to highlight her own hair in prison? She can save the same color of M&Ms for several weeks and add a small amount of water to them for lovely yellow, green, blue and red highlights....just like psych patients use. :eek:

In my experience, with people that I know who have been incarcerated, believe me the jails are a "business" not a "luxury". I know one woman who was remanded to Federal Prison and had to stay in a county jail until the transfer came through. During the time in County, she was not provided underwear and had to buy them herself. She was allotted 2 sanitary napkins per 24 hours (1 week/mo), but no underwear. Calls home are $5 a minute, and inmates look forward to visit days when family and friends arrive with plastic bags full of quarters for them to purchase way overpriced items from the vending machines. All of this falls upon the inmates family/friends to pay for. Sometimes in the larger prisons, inmates can purchase small tv's for their cells, but only through the prison store/commisary. Paper, pens, shampoo, deoderant, etc are not provided but must be purchased. All of this is revenue for the prison, and even though prison inmates can work for wages they usually make pennies per hour.

On TruTv right now there is a case where the female defendant made a motion prior to trial to be able to apply makeup prior to entering the courtroom each day. Her request was granted.

Really, could have fooled me. It always looks dirty.

Bald with tampons stuck to her head--just killing me here..can you just imagine..Laughing to the point of tears..really needed that thanks so much..

The sad truth of the matter is that these comments about her hair is all she will take away from that hearing. She just doesnt get that its not a reality TV show IMO

In my experience, with people that I know who have been incarcerated, believe me the jails are a "business" not a "luxury". I know one woman who was remanded to Federal Prison and had to stay in a county jail until the transfer came through. During the time in County, she was not provided underwear and had to buy them herself. She was allotted 2 sanitary napkins per 24 hours (1 week/mo), but no underwear. Calls home are $5 a minute, and inmates look forward to visit days when family and friends arrive with plastic bags full of quarters for them to purchase way overpriced items from the vending machines. All of this falls upon the inmates family/friends to pay for. Sometimes in the larger prisons, inmates can purchase small tv's for their cells, but only through the prison store/commisary. Paper, pens, shampoo, deoderant, etc are not provided but must be purchased. All of this is revenue for the prison, and even though prison inmates can work for wages they usually make pennies per hour.

BBM. You are so correct. In Michigan, the county jail charges the inmates 10 dollars for a hair cut and the money comes out of their commisary funds supplied by family and friends. Sometimes inmates will have other inmates cut their hair with razors that can be purchased from the commisary.

Also, after an inmate is released from jail, the county sends a bill @ 30 dollars a day for the length of the stay.

Also, the the inmate owes any fines or penalties, any money over 50 dollars in the inmates commisary will automatically be deducted from the inmates account to pay off the debt.

On TruTv right now there is a case where the female defendant made a motion prior to trial to be able to apply makeup prior to entering the courtroom each day. Her request was granted.

During a discussion of this - someone on the TV show mentioned that Casey Anthony had obtained special permission to "have her hair done" prior to each of her court appearances. Has anyone else ever heard of this in regard to the Anthony case?

This discussion would have taken place yesterday on either TrueTV, JVM Issues, Nancy Grace show or the Joy Behar Show. Anyone else here catch this?

And what exactly I wonder would "get your hair done" mean while you are in jail? There's a beauty salon? How DO prisoners get their hair cut in the local county jail, if anyone knows? Presumably everyone gets to look decent and well-groomed when they go to court?
:banghead: I don't know if she gets her hair done or not but I don't think it should be allowed. I really disagree with KC being able to wear street clothes when all others in the same situation have to wear jail house scrubs. IMO, they have no need for makeup or a salon. They are prisoners, make them feel like one 100% of the time.

It was a commentator this morning, Wednesday, who said that the state paid for KC to have her hair done before court appearances. I heard this on InSessions commenting on the current murder trial because of a request by the defendant to have access to makeup.

:banghead: The tax payers should NOT be paying for KC's hair do ( or any other prisoner). If they are allowed to get their hair done ( other than cuts) they should have to pay for it out of their own accounts. Is the same done for ALL other inmates if they wish?

RE: First time for a thread deveoted to prisoner's hair

I think there may have been one during the televised first trial of Phil Specter murder trial. He had various "do"s both prior to and during the trial. And he wore wigs.

Televised (first) trial result was a hung jury, he was later re-tried and it was not televised. Verdict was guilty. He is now in jail with no more wigs. He's bald on top.

Edited to add link to Phil's booking mug shot: http://bumpshack.com/2009/06/11/phil-spectors-bald-mugshot-photo/

I was watching InSession this afternoon when one of the guests made the statement that KC was able to get her hair done free at the jail. I was completely taken aback by this until I decided that he didn't know what the heck he was talking about. If this were true, why was she attending so many hearings with her hair dripping grease. It's only recently that her hair looks clean. The guest (I can't remember his name) said this with so much authority and confidence that I am sure that many viewers took this information as gospel. I didn't.

Does anyone know who the guest was? I'm curious to know if there is anything more to verify that Casey has a state sponsored stylist. Does anyone know what the normal protocol is for inmates there to get their hair done?

I guess I would just want to know if this is a special allowance for Casey. If it is, how much are the taxpayers paying for this?

Does anyone know who the guest was? I'm curious to know if there is anything more to verify that Casey has a state sponsored stylist. Does anyone know what the normal protocol is for inmates there to get their hair done?

I guess I would just want to know if this is a special allowance for Casey. If it is, how much are the taxpayers paying for this?

The guest speaker was attorney Joe Episcopo.

Thanks, ThinkTank! I looked him up and he's an attorney in Tampa. He is probably pretty familiar with the processes at the jail where Casey is housed. I imagine he said her hair is done for free at the jail because all inmates have access to free salon services. Perhaps this is not something done just for her?

Wasn't Joe Episcopo one of Joran van der Sloot's American attorneys?

I don't put a lot of stock in anything he says....

JMO.

The inmate handbook which is under brochures, documents and reports at this link explains a lot about how things work at the Orange County Jail. Looks to me like the tax payers became responsible for her hygiene products when when she was declared indigent. I can't find anything that says she is allowed to have her hair done though so if she is having it styled, it's special treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member