Terri Horman retains criminal defense attorney!

Unless her parents put up their house? Perhaps why they have no comment?

Just speculatin'.

talking about keeping things close to the vest! Wonder what Mr.Houze thinks about all these new developments ??? I gotta feeling his breifcase is full!

Houze could be pro bono seeing the way things are going he felt someone should step in before the people tarred, feathered, hanged, and burned. (From a legal view point.) Parents could have put up collateral like property. Community member could have anonymously donated. All sorts of possibilities.

Someone asked if she can claim she is indigent if charged and going to Court. Yes, and Houze can be then Court appointed. (At least it happens in my state that way.)

Is it common for a client to spend all day her lawyers office?

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...-back-in-Portland/tz6IUzED4kmyF-YAmVTVUA.cspx

(I realize that the article doesn't spell it out that she was definitely all day at the lawyers' and she may have spent most of the day reading Vogue at the Starbucks or something else, not in her attorney's office, but maybe she could have done that somewhere closer to Roseburg.)

Is it common for a client to spend all day her lawyers office?

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...-back-in-Portland/tz6IUzED4kmyF-YAmVTVUA.cspx

(I realize that the article doesn't spell it out that she was definitely all day at the lawyers' and she may have spent most of the day reading Vogue at the Starbucks or something else, not in her attorney's office, but maybe she could have done that somewhere closer to Roseburg.)

The more complex your case, the more interested you are in defending yourself, the more time you spend with your attorney. Terri has a missing stepchild she was last known person to have seen, a murder for hire allegation, a divorce, a restraining order, and a contempt of restraining order. That would keep me camped out at my attorney's office for weeks.

Camping at the attorney's office has got to cost some serious dollars.

The more complex your case, the more interested you are in defending yourself, the more time you spend with your attorney. Terri has a missing stepchild she was last known person to have seen, a murder for hire allegation, a divorce, a restraining order, and a contempt of restraining order. That would keep me camped out at my attorney's office for weeks.

plus she lives some 150 miles away..6-7 hours <> commute time..round trip

Oh Mr. Houze...."Come out,come out, wherever you are !"

Mr. Houze is way toooo smart to attempt to try this case in the court of public opinion. He has a very tight gag on TH.

My bet: If and when TH is charged Mr. Houze will ask for a change of venue.

oh countselor,oh countselor...come out,come out where ever you are...ain't going to happen...you think LE has info...think Mr.Houze...talk about a possible bombshell...he ain't just sittin back cutting his fingernails...

oh countselor,oh countselor...come out,come out where ever you are...ain't going to happen...you think LE has info...think Mr.Houze...talk about a possible bombshell...he ain't just sittin back cutting his fingernails...

He didn't earn his reputation for nothing and I am looking forward to what he has to say. IMO, he's biding his time and when he thinks the time is right, we'll hear from him.

He probably can't say much until he knows what the charges are.
Exactly, IMO he isn't going to say anything until then. Terry isn't going to confess to anything until she's charged, if she's guilty. She isn't going to plea, if she's guilty, to something she hasn't been charged with.IMO

well I'd bet my laundry basket...he's got a whole bunch of something..just ain't telling...and when he does...whew...katie bar the door!

Who is Stephen Houze?

His website: http://www.shouze.com/display-cases.asp?artID=2

Other articles and stuff:

http://trueattrue.blogspot.com/2010/03/attorney-steve-houze-vs-debra-hennessee.html

And this article is a must-read:

“I think Steve Houze is probably the best criminal-defense attorney in the history of this state,” says attorney Donald Bourgeois, who worked with him at the Metropolitan Public Defenders’ office in the 1970s.

It is an opinion shared, in only slightly less absolute terms, by the dozen Portland area prosecutors and defense attorneys contacted by the Tribune.

Terese “Terry” Gustafson, the former Clackamas County district attorney in whose disbarment proceedings Houze was a key prosecution witness, would not talk about him. Houze himself also declined to be interviewed, citing personal and professional privacy concerns.

“He’s reached the point in his career where he can pick and choose the cases he takes,” said Michael Regan, a Clackamas County deputy district attorney. Regan says he once dismissed a child-rape case against a Portland police officer in the middle of trial because of evidence Houze had found through “dogged determination and preparation.”

“Steve finds statements and witnesses and versions of events that detectives don’t always uncover,” said Regan, who worked for Gustafson during her protracted battle with Houze and the Oregon State Bar before she was disbarred in March 2002. “He gets a whole other side of the story. You end up looking like your investigation wasn’t as thorough. I’ve learned how to be a better prosecutor from watching him.”

But, Regan said, preparation is not the sole secret of Houze’s success.

“He’s very adept at PR,” Regan said. “He never overhypes a defense or grandstands, but the minute he steps in front of a microphone, he’s very much aware that he’s presenting a defense.

MUCH MORE: http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=17983

I think this is definately a re-read of what puf posted awhile back. Could it be possible that Houze had/has uncovered something in regards to the statments Mr.Staton is alluding to? I had never read the articles...interesting to say the least......

The Portland article you linked below was very interesting, as I've been wondering what
everyone is going to do to keep Kyron's case active in the press or on tv. I was also thinking that it might just be a good time for Houze to spin TH in a more positive way by
making some comment, but according to the article he might not:

&#8220;He&#8217;s very adept at PR,&#8221; Regan said. &#8220;He never overhypes a defense or grandstands, but the minute he steps in front of a microphone, he&#8217;s very much aware that he&#8217;s presenting a defense.

&#8220;I noticed this with (Hawash),&#8221; Regan continued. &#8220;He&#8217;s (Houze is) talking about how sketchy the government&#8217;s case is. I&#8217;ve noticed over the years that he doesn&#8217;t say much when his client wouldn&#8217;t benefit from publicity. I&#8217;m not saying he&#8217;s manipulative. I&#8217;m saying he&#8217;s intelligent: He understands the power of persuasion.&#8221;

The Portland article you linked below was very interesting, as I've been wondering what
everyone is going to do to keep Kyron's case active in the press or on tv. I was also thinking that it might just be a good time for Houze to spin TH in a more positive way by
making some comment, but according to the article he might not:

“He’s very adept at PR,” Regan said. “He never overhypes a defense or grandstands, but the minute he steps in front of a microphone, he’s very much aware that he’s presenting a defense.

“I noticed this with (Hawash),” Regan continued. “He’s (Houze is) talking about how sketchy the government’s case is. I’ve noticed over the years that he doesn’t say much when his client wouldn’t benefit from publicity. I’m not saying he’s manipulative. I’m saying he’s intelligent: He understands the power of persuasion.”

I truly believe he is intelligent and he won't open any doors until he has a valet to do it if you will. I will say the article/article's pointed out a bit of which I did not know about Mr.Houze and the cases he has been a part of...to me...somewhat telling...very telling....if you will...

Houze could be pro bono seeing the way things are going he felt someone should step in before the people tarred, feathered, hanged, and burned. (From a legal view point.) Parents could have put up collateral like property. Community member could have anonymously donated. All sorts of possibilities.

Someone asked if she can claim she is indigent if charged and going to Court. Yes, and Houze can be then Court appointed. (At least it happens in my state that way.)

21merc....had some good points here. after yesterdays outcome, in the divorce proceedings, could she claim indigent? and doesn't an anonymous donor have rights as well? just curious....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back