Deceased/Not Found KY - Andrew Compton, 18, Sullivan U student, 28 Oct 2010 *G. O'Bryan guilty*

question: is LE possibly discriminating against him because he met a "guy" online? just saying... we ALL KNOW it is the ELEPHANT in the room. and it SHOULDN'T BE! MOO

on this topic I have this to say - kudos to the family for putting it out there. at least we know he was hooking up with a man. since they put it out there, LE knew exactly where to go and who to ask questions of.

it is possible that local LE was not taking this seriously because they did not like the subject matter and if that's the case shame on them. all citizens deserve to be treated the same when it comes to police protection. recall that it was the Carmel, IN police who subpoenaed the cell phone records and not the authorities in KY. so something is going on with the locals that is disturbing to me.

as with anyone, they need something to obtain a search warrant. it is not enough that a person was last known to be in your home. I would think the lack of cell phone activity after he was picked up should be enough, but that is not for me to say.

I am highly pissed at the age cut off... of what we consider children to be.... he is months out of being a legal child.. yet lured away at 18 by a 40 year old..

following me?

I am DISTURBED...PISSED...SHOCKED....

THIS COULD BE MY SON.

we have to keep this in the media attention. His mom says things aint right and sothey aint right! at all!

fight on mom... I am right behind you!

eta my prayers and thoughts are with the family right now! completely

I agree. A 40 year old really has no business with an 18 year old.:sick: I don't even want to imagine where this case might go yet. Meeting a 40 year old guy at an online dating site when you are 18 just seems like trouble to me.

I agree. A 40 year old really has no business with an 18 year old.:sick: I don't even want to imagine where this case might go yet. Meeting a 40 year old guy at an online dating site when you are 18 just seems like trouble to me.

plenty of older men and women seek out the company of younger males and females. it was never my thing at that age as I had little interest in someone with grey hair. however, there are plenty of people who do whether they are seeking attention, approval, affection, experience or are looking to be taken care of by someone who is better off financially. (think gold diggers or trophy brides). I am not saying any of these apply to Andrew.

in terms of this hook up, the age difference does not alarm me, they were both of legal age. harm can befall anyone of any age at the hands of another of any age.

what concerns me is that the cell phone and text messaging suddenly ended either shortly before or shortly after Andrew was picked up. that is the biggest alarm bell going off here.

Obviously the man Andrew was with could be responsible, but if Andrew did leave his house and attempt to walk the 3 miles back to school, and if he were intoxicated...his slight build could have made him an easy target for a robbery or anger-driven attack. There may also be the possibility that somebody lured him into a car, perhaps he got lost and accepted a ride. 3 miles is a long way to walk. Somebody familiar with the distance probably wouldn't have attempted it but, if he did walk, maybe he thought school was closer or just made the type of bad decision that happens when you are young and intoxicated.

I feel for his family and hope for the best.

this is an area I am familiar with. He could have easily caught a bus. There is a park not far from the area where he was last seen. There are lots of parks (large ones).

this is an area I am familiar with. He could have easily caught a bus. There is a park not far from the area where he was last seen. There are lots of parks (large ones).

that presupposes he knew the bus lines which I doubt as he'd only been in the city a short time.

I don't think he walked from the house. the first thing he would have done was to check his cell phone for voicemails and text messages. from what we've been told there was no activity on the phone (voice or text) since around the time he was picked up.

Also, if Andrew walked, I guarantee at least a few of the restaurants and stores along Bardstown Rd. have security cameras pointed at the sidewalk along the way.

I don't live in Louisville but I have been to Louisville before. However, I'm not familiar with the streets of Louisville. I do have some questions about the area where Andrew disappeared.

Are there any cameras next to the traffic signals on Bardstown Road? The kinds of cameras that I’m thinking of are the traffic flow cameras that monitor the traffic at an intersection.

Looking at an AAA street map of Louisville, I do see Cherokee Park and Seneca Park that would be to the East of where Andrew was last seen. The map does show a large pond and a creek that goes through Cherokee Park. I also see Cave Hill Cemetery which would be to the North of where Andrew was last seen. The map does show two large ponds on the cemetery grounds.

How are the neighborhoods near those parks and are those parks safe to go to?

Are there any housing projects anywhere off of Bardstown Road? One possibility here is that he could have accidentally walked into the wrong neighborhood if he was disoriented in any way.

Something that I have been trying to get through to cases like this is that the FBI can actually (depending on the phone) listen in even when the phone is off.
They can listen to YOUR phone remotely and hear what is going on.
Google FBI ... aw heck, here it is.

Just one

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1029_3-6140191.html

ok I'll ask the obvious

what exactly would they be listening to if the phone is off?

Even late at night? It's looks to me that the last bus travelling westbound down Bardstown Rd toward campus on a Thursday night would be in the area at about 11:00, the Bardstown-Fern Creek route.

http://www.ridetarc.org/SearchByRoute.asp

I don't live in Louisville but I have been to Louisville before. However, I'm not familiar with the streets of Louisville. I do have some questions about the area where Andrew disappeared.

Are there any cameras next to the traffic signals on Bardstown Road? The kinds of cameras that I’m thinking of are the traffic flow cameras that monitor the traffic at an intersection.

Looking at an AAA street map of Louisville, I do see Cherokee Park and Seneca Park that would be to the East of where Andrew was last seen. The map does show a large pond and a creek that goes through Cherokee Park. I also see Cave Hill Cemetery which would be to the North of where Andrew was last seen. The map does show two large ponds on the cemetery grounds. The creek is Beargrass creek
How are the neighborhoods near those parks and are those parks safe to go to? For the most part they are safe areas. I Grew up in that area. There are a lot of bars .

Are there any housing projects anywhere off of Bardstown Road? One possibility here is that he could have accidentally walked into the wrong neighborhood if he was disoriented in any way.
Louisville has torn down most of the project area and built new housing. That is not the same as it was.

I grew up just a little down the road from the Bardstown Road area. The area is well know to teens and a popular hang out. Cherokee Park is a very secluded wooded area. It is very easy to get lost in. There are lots of trails through the woods as well as the creek.

ok I'll ask the obvious

what exactly would they be listening to if the phone is off?

LOl....Basically, they can remotely turn the phone ON, then use the phone microphone to listen in on nearby conversations. So, if this guy Andrew met online were to tell someone what he was doing that night....if he were overheard on an incriminating converstaion, then LE could hear that. What I don't understand is...if they can remotely turn on a phone and listen in on conversations...why can't they tell exactly where a phone is....instead of the GPS 3-5 mile raduis!!

Kind of OT but last week my husband was tellling me about the First 48 show he always tapes and watches and he said that Louisville PD seems to be the most clueless of all of the cities they use in that show...this was before we knew about this case.

I hope Andrew's mom is wrong about her feeling that her son is not alive...I don't think he is voluntary missing by any means, however. :(

"Police interviewed the online acquaintance who claims he took Andrew to his apartment and got too drunk to drive the young man home. The 40-year-old claims the teenager left on foot.

"As a result of that conversation, no charges have been filed against that individual at this point," said Dwight Mitchell, public information officer.

Police call that 40-year-old man a person of interest. Angela Compton told 24-Hour News 8 that the man refused to take a polygraph test."

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/hamilton_county/student-meets-man-from-web-vanishes

Looking at an AAA street map of Louisville, I do see Cherokee Park and Seneca Park that would be to the East of where Andrew was last seen. The map does show a large pond and a creek that goes through Cherokee Park. I also see Cave Hill Cemetery which would be to the North of where Andrew was last seen. The map does show two large ponds on the cemetery grounds.

I'm not sure of the cameras. I will try to drive down that way tomorrow and look.

As far as the neighborhoods, in general that area is pretty safe due to the high concentration of people and it's popularity with young college students and families. No housing projects. I wouldn't think he could end up in a bad area on foot from where he was last seen.

I got goosebumps when you mentioned Cherokee Park. It is a huge park that is easy to get lost in, like a poster mentioned above. Unfortunately, and I hate to say this since the family is reading here, but if someone needed to get rid of a body quickly in that area, that would be the place to do it. Especially at night. I feel a strong urge to search the woods and creek in that park. Seneca Park is a bit smaller and more open as far as I know, my family usually sticks to the playground and walking track there.

it is also possible there were more than two people present and Andrew left with another man. you'd think the guy would say yeah he left with so and so but he is really under no legal obligation to say anything to the police.

I think the man would have told the police if there were other people at his house and that Andrew had left the house with someone other than himself.

Not only is Cherokee a good place to hide a body because of its heavily wooded areas. It is also known as a hangout for gay rendezvous. And bodies have been found in the park before. And that is the place I would be searching if someone I knew was missing from the Highlands area.

As far as the cameras go. I know there are cameras down on the lower part of Bardstown Rd. on Baxter Ave. Where Cave Hill Cemetery is at. But I don't know how far up Bardstown road they go. I live right at Cave Hill so, I'll look tomorrow when I am out.

in terms of this hook up, the age difference does not alarm me, they were both of legal age. harm can befall anyone of any age at the hands of another of any age.

The age difference bugs me, especially when Andrew met this person online. Seems predatory. 18 year old Andrew may have been naive, which is what those predators look for in a victim.

The age difference bugs me, especially when Andrew met this person online. Seems predatory. 18 year old Andrew may have been naive, which is what those predators look for in a victim.
These predators are usually middle-aged males so he seems to fit that profile. Now he refused to take a polygraph test. It just doesn't look good IMO. I read that the few short emails didn't show any info on why they met, so I suppose they met in some chatroom. Hopefully they checked if the chatserver hold any logs or maybe Andrew used a chat client with an archive function? Just thinking out loud. This family is suffering and needs answers. I hope they find him.

I would have to say the Highlands area is one of the safest areas in town. I have wandered around the alleys and side streets before drunk (not too smart looking back) and alone late late at night without any problems. It's somewhere I felt safe taking my dog for walks at night alone starting when I was around 17-18. I usually go there in the morning or at night to walk my dog over where I live in Louisville because I feel more at ease and less worried. I was mugged on Bardstown Road once around 3am and the perps were picked up fast because the guy who chased after them for me got into a fight with one of the men in front of an undercover detective on a side street. It's one of the most popular hangout areas so there are usually a lot of police visibly driving around.

The nearest project would require walking down Broadway (I think) or Baxter avenue and then onto Market to reach. There are several parks nearby including one I just remembered that is split in two by Baxter Avenue in the area called Tyler Park. The parks are safe to go to but possibly not at night. I've never been to them at night because they're supposed to be closed and I wouldn't feel safe in a secluded park at night by myself. I prefer visiting those parks over Iroquois Park closer to my house because there are more crimes in my area. I do remember at least one body being found in Cherokee park in the past by a jogger but if I remember correctly it was dumped there.

I'm not sure about cameras at traffic intersections. Can you visibly see them because if so I could go over there today and check. I may head over there in a few hours to walk my dog around the area and maybe in the 3 parks nearby just to look around. I know there are some wooded areas in the parks and around the houses nearby that may be a good place to check out.

I'm not sure of the cameras. I will try to drive down that way tomorrow and look.

As far as the neighborhoods, in general that area is pretty safe due to the high concentration of people and it's popularity with young college students and families. No housing projects. I wouldn't think he could end up in a bad area on foot from where he was last seen.

I got goosebumps when you mentioned Cherokee Park. It is a huge park that is easy to get lost in, like a poster mentioned above. Unfortunately, and I hate to say this since the family is reading here, but if someone needed to get rid of a body quickly in that area, that would be the place to do it. Especially at night. I feel a strong urge to search the woods and creek in that park. Seneca Park is a bit smaller and more open as far as I know, my family usually sticks to the playground and walking track there.

Cherokee has a large dog park and lots of dogs. Would someones pet pick up on or investigate a body? I'm not exactly sure but it is a thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back