GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I see the chopper is still over OSU......

Per FB post, LE and K-9 went to Tina's house.

Tina's car was found at Kenyon College in Gambier, OH

Helicopter is over OSU in Columbus, OH for an incident unrelated to the missing persons

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

I am wondering if the guy who did this might have dug an underground bunker in the woods. If he was very careful and it was well thought out, I would bet that a trap door of some kind could be well disguised. I guess it would have to be somewhere the dogs haven't searched yet.

I thought the article from yesterday said this guy was cooperating and answering questions. I guess he isn't cooperating to the point that he is going to admit what he did with them though. He needs to just admit what he did and let these people be found.

Point. unless they were watching for a few hours first. They have nifty toys but they still cant see though walls and basments so wonder who tipped them off. Facebook girl?

Has anyone heard how old the ex girlfriend of MH was?

And how old her kid is?

Wondering if Kody or sarah knew the ex's kid.

The boy is 8. The ex-girlfriend is a friend of MH's neighbour, that has been giving alot of interviews. I posted this last night. (FWIW, the neighbour is 35).

Quoting myself to clarify the question upthread. (sorry)

Davis said she talked to police extensively about her neighbor, and the fact that he used to kill squirrels and eat them.

She also believes he killed a couple of dogs.

He wasn't always so strange, she said. "He was very nice when we first met him" a year ago, and invited them over for a party at his house, with a couple of kegs.​

"He started dating my friend and she moved in to his house with her son". Davis said her friend was living with Hoffman up until a month ago, when she ended the relationship and moved out. Hoffman was then apparently very depressed and desperately trying to get the girlfriend to come back. Davis thinks that may have lead to the kidnappings "The young girl looked a lot like my friend. I think that's why he took her".

Tina's car was found at Kenyon College in Gambier, OH

Helicopter is over OSU in Columbus, OH for an incident unrelated to the missing persons

For those not familiar with the area, and while news on the case is slow, here is the link for a virtual tour of Kenyon College (where the car was found). It seems to be a quite spacious and beautiful campus although there are only around 1600 students enrolled.

http://www.kenyon.edu/x45565.xml

Last sighting of Tina was at 4:30am on Wednesday....by exboyfriend. She texted ex at 11:30am about the dog.
Last sighting of children was at school/bus(?). Sarah says she made it to the house, so I am assuming that's where she met MH.
Last sighting of Stephanie is unknown.

What did she text about the dog?? I'm telling ya...this is much like the Groenes it's scary. And what about the police doing the first welfare check? Knock on the doors then leave??? Geeze.

When I first turned channel 10 news on this morning, around 6:30, they were reporting on this, and they reported that there was no electric at Hoffman's house, and the inside of the house was lined with leaves. Anyone else hear that?

NO, but I guess if he doesn't have electricity I don't have to continue looking for a facebook page for him.

I have been thinking the same thing. MH supposedly worked as a tree trimmer, perhaps he did some work in this neighborhood, or in the areas around Wooster Rd, Coshocton Rd and Newcastle Rd - all areas/neighborhoods that are somewhat on-the-way from the Herrman/Sprang/mh parents residences to roads that lead to his house on Old Columbus Rd. For some reason I keep thinking of the movie Manhunter, nothing specific, but the similar idea of a perp watching a family (ies?), wanting what he sees, then devising a plan to get it. My gut feeling tells me mh had been watching for a long time and had already made some kind of contact, however cursory, like offering services for tree trimming, etc. Perhaps he had already performed some work in this neighborhood and he certainly could have driven by frequently and/or spied on the family at length considering his mom/stepdad live so close by.

If MH worked as a tree trimmer, that would explain why the neighbor said he hung out in trees.

I'm sorry but I think he probably was able to at least mount the semblance of normalcy. I'm not buying this "obviously deranged psychopath" stuff about him. He had a live-in girlfriend with a small child who left him. His eyes are dead, yes, but most of us don't look that far in everyday chit-chat. I think he fooled a lot of people, and I don't believe he was as obviously twisted as some of these posts make it seem.

I wonder how he killed the squirrels? Trap them or did he have a bazooka?

Also, found the ex b/friends facebook, have not found anything to report about it and I don't think I'm allowed to put it on here.

I am thinking, and this isn't fact, if some of us think he was on drugs (MH) what wouldn't lead us to believe that he drugged one or both the grown females? That would be a way to take out grown adults, goes down all the time in clubs (sad to say.)

Wonder if the kids were put to sleep... then subdue the adults... then bam.

I REALLY HATE TO THINK THIS WAY.

(again, this is all my speculation)

Then he would have to find a way to carry dead weight times 3. Possible, but it seems very difficult. I think he is more persuasive than we give him credit for.

I wonder how he killed the squirrels? Trap them or did he have a bazooka?

Also, found the ex b/friends facebook, have not found anything to report about it and I don't think I'm allowed to put it on here.

I found it through a link on the FB page. I find it interesting that his alledged friend is also an outdoorsy type of guy, and involved in wilderness survival skills. I know many are looking at MH as being odd since he likes those things, but many people are into hunting and/or camping (and eating squirrels), especially in Ohio. JMO

The Ohio man arrested for kidnapping a 13-year-old girl and suspected in the disappearance of her family raised red flags with neighbors long before he was accused of terrorizing the teen and her family.

"He was killing the squirrels because he doesn't grocery shop," neighbor Kara Fowler said of Matthew Hoffman, who was charged with kidnapping after SWAT members found 13-year-old Sarah Maynard tied up in his basement. "He would actually kill the squirrels and eat them."

Other neighbors described Hoffman's behavior as beyond strange -- sitting in his trees, watching his neighbors, trapping small animals in his yard and lighting fires on his lawn.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/accused-kidnapper-missing-ohio-family-case-raised-flags/story?id=12158770

Kara seems to know an awful lot about Matthew's interior mental states. He doesn't grocery shop? How does she know that? If she DOES know that, then she probably knows why. Share please. We want to know more about Matthew's explanations, self-descriptions, musical tastes, ideologies, etc. from those who HAVE SPOKEN TO HIM. Who is Matthew Hoffman????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member